Start by marking “Cover-up” as Want to Read:
Cover-up

Cover-up (Melanie Vargas #3)

3.66 of 5 stars 3.66  ·  rating details  ·  131 ratings  ·  17 reviews
Beautiful and ruthless television reporter Suzanne Shepard made her name by airing brutal celebrity gossip and earned a roster of high-profile enemies in the process. But her own murder was more than a scandal . . . it was a horror show.

At first glance, the mutilated corpse lying still in the Manhattan rain bears all the earmarks of a random sex slaying. But federal prosec
Published October 13th 2009 by HarperCollins e-books (first published 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Cover-up, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cover-up

Stacy Alesi's BookBitch.com
Melanie Vargas, federal prosecutor in NYC, returns in this latest thriller from the oh-so-talented Martinez. While dining out with her boyfriend, hunky FBI agent Dan O'Reilly, she is dragged along to the scene of a murder when he is paged to respond. Vargas had been laying low, taking low profile cases in order to recover from some rough cases and spend more time with her daughter. But being that she is in the right place at the right time - the murder scene of a celebrity, tabloid TV reporter S ...more
Yolanda
Melanie Vargas is a tough ADA in New York. She gets a big murder case that everyone is watching and it puts her safety at risk. I like this series, just a little romance and the violence is not too graphic, something for most.
Deb
Federal prosectuer Melanie Martinez becomes involved in the investigation of the murder of a prominent tabloid journalist. The journalist was murdered in an especially brutal way, and as Melanie investigates she begins to suspect that she is being stalked herself. She needs to solve the case fast, but there are too many suspects. And her relationship with FBI agent Dan O'Reilly is a constant distraction.[return]This was a fair suspense story, but the dialogue seemed kind of stilted and the chara ...more
Debra
It rarely is a good thing to start a series in the middle. My enjoyment of Close Up probably suffered because of it.

It seemed an OK legal thriller - not terrible but not memorable. Some poor sex scenes that really seemed to be thrown in as the requisite heat pulled down my enjoyment.

Since I listened to the audiobook format, I must say that narration was fine. Again, not memorable, but her voice suited the story and pacing.
Patty
A TV reporter with a long list of high-profile enemies.
But which one left her mutilated, lifeless body in the
dark recesses of New York's Central Park? Melanie has been receiving chilling e-mails from an anonymous "admirer" who knows way too much about the murder -- and about Melanie's every move. If Melanie doesn't find the killer soon, it will be to late.
Evelyn
When a famous TV scandal reporter is found brutally murdered in Central Park, Federal prosecutor Melanie Vargas is assigned the high-profile case.

Third in the series featuring Melanie Vargas. Melanie continues to develop into a well-rounded character as we learn more about her daughter and her new love interest. Fast-paced and well-written. Highly recommended.
Mary Beth Marion
I really like this series. It's edgy enough to keep me interested, but not horrifyingly graphic. I like the secondary characters and they way they interact, and I like the fact that things are not always clear-cut. I would definitely recommend this one to fans of Linda Fairstein and Karin Slaughter.
Margaret
I enjoy the main character in this book and think she would make a great friend. The plot wasn't very suspenseful or surprising and her relationships with others are not very well-developed. I would read the next installment, though, because I like the honesty and integrity of the protagonist.
Vivian
With cartoon characters and cliched prose, this book was awful and is the last Michele Martinez novel that I will try to read. No more wasting time, she's finally off my list of authors to read.
Book Concierge
This is an adequate thriller. On the plus side - I got really caught up in the plot. On the minus side - loose ends, a stupid female prosecutor, and an unnecessary love interest.
Alma Garcia
When I started reading this book I remembered that I had read it before. But, I read it again.
Leah Fitzgerald
The ending of this book felt rushed, like there was too much build up for the eventual ending.
Much better than the first two in the series...really enjoyed it.
Pat
Really intense and and page turner
Kristen M
Kristen M marked it as to-read
Oct 13, 2014
Jan
Jan is currently reading it
Aug 01, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Switchcraft
  • Never Fear (Alex Delillo, #2)
  • Killer Wedding (Madeline Bean, #3)
  • Night of the Living Deb (Debutante Dropout, #4)
  • Strip Search (Susan Pulaski #2)
  • Try Dying
  • Little Girls Lost (Carson Ryder, #6)
  • Nerve Damage
  • Bad Blood (Alexandra Cooper, #9)
  • Blood Lies
  • Dying to Sin (Ben Cooper & Diane Fry, #8)
  • Merciless (Jessica Balzano & Kevin Byrne, #3)
  • Wrong Place, Wrong Time
  • Murder Suicide (Frank Clevenger, #5)
  • Traceless (Less Series, #1)
  • The Three Kings: A Christmas Dating Story
  • Bone Thief
  • The Turkish Lover: A Memoir
132035
Michele Martinez is an author and a former federal prosecutor in New York City.
More about Michele Martinez...
Most Wanted The Finishing School Notorious Elizabeth Barrett Browning's Aurora Leigh: A Reading Guide Cover-Up