Start by marking “First Girls of Baxter Academy” as Want to Read:
First Girls of Baxter Academy

First Girls of Baxter Academy

The year is 1971, and Baxter Academy is perfect just as it is: it’s got the history, the prestige, and the beautiful New England campus. It’s just missing one thing—female students! But Becky (the women’s libber), Maggie (the hippie chick), Sheila (the day student), and Louise (the senator’s daughter) are about to give the academy exactly what it has always needed.

The girl
Nook, 0 pages
Published October 9th 2010 by Asterisks & Ampersand Press (first published November 29th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about First Girls of Baxter Academy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about First Girls of Baxter Academy

Hannah
Aug 07, 2010 Hannah rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: contemporary
Unfortuantely, I didn't like this book very much. The plot itself was okay, but that's about the only good thing I can say about it. I had very high hopes for a book about feminism in the 1970s. Four girls are accepted to an all-boy school in a time where many other prestigious schools are switching to coed. The main plot is when the school's charter is stolen, and one of the four girls is accused and sent home. Thus, the other three girls set out to prove their friend's innocence.

All in all, t
Sebrina Parker
Sep 30, 2012 Sebrina Parker rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is for any girl who enjoyed the 90's cult film All I Wanna Do. It's 1971 and women are feeling liberated and girls are storming the all boys Baxter Academy. These girls were so fun to read about because each was unique and relatable. They were realistically flawed and while each changed over their freshman year they stayed believable. I felt like I was reading a true story. It's a fast sweet book that I will definitely recommend to any girls I know starting high school. Plus it was fun ...more
Lena
May 18, 2012 Lena rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anybody
I think this a was a cute historical mystery. It was during the time when girls were trying to get equal rights as men. This particular book dealt with co-educational schools. It was good book, girl drama/romance/ and a little bit of mystery. A good short read. I liked all of the girls- there was a mix of a goody-two shoes, a more humble person, a more hippie-like girl, and a reserved one. It was great seeing the girls mix and band together to survive the school ,and the people who were against ...more
Lori
Nov 18, 2011 Lori rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: girl-power
It was ok. It was kindof like a Nancy Drew Mystery, but the main characters were difficult to keep straight.
Kate
Sep 21, 2012 Kate rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
was really looking forward to this book, grew more disappointed as it went on. Didn't like the characters and the plot was way too simple with easy to spot twists. Overall it was a letdown.
Apr 19, 2011 Laura rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was wonderful because it gave a great naritive to what it would be like being one of the first women to intergrate an elete boarding school.
Snow White
Apr 10, 2012 Snow White rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this book it was the very first one I got on my kindle always wanted to know if there was second one !!!!!!! :)
Nicole Wilson
Nicole Wilson rated it really liked it
Nov 18, 2013
Colette
Colette rated it really liked it
Jan 05, 2011
Natalie Weiland
Natalie Weiland rated it really liked it
Aug 18, 2014
Beth Dvorak
Beth Dvorak rated it really liked it
Dec 19, 2014
Stephanie Seymour
Stephanie Seymour rated it really liked it
Mar 11, 2016
Yvonne O'connor
Yvonne O'connor rated it it was amazing
Jun 29, 2011
Michelle Becker
Michelle Becker rated it really liked it
Aug 22, 2013
Rachel
Rachel rated it it was amazing
Aug 14, 2012
Suzanne Pace
Suzanne Pace rated it liked it
Sep 17, 2014
Basti
Basti rated it liked it
Feb 01, 2012
Stephanie
Stephanie rated it really liked it
Oct 25, 2011
Evelyn Bothman
Evelyn Bothman rated it it was ok
Nov 19, 2014
Cassie Brook
Cassie Brook rated it liked it
Feb 01, 2015
Megan
Megan rated it liked it
Sep 04, 2015
Karen Guthrie
May 08, 2011 Karen Guthrie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very entertaining
Aubry Myers
Aubry Myers rated it liked it
Apr 23, 2013
Laura rated it it was ok
Oct 31, 2015
Bridgette
Bridgette rated it it was amazing
Apr 11, 2015
Ella
Ella rated it liked it
Oct 14, 2012
Darlean
Darlean rated it really liked it
Mar 22, 2012
Ferris Kruse
Ferris Kruse rated it liked it
Jun 10, 2012
India
India rated it liked it
Jan 09, 2015
Jessica
Jessica rated it liked it
Aug 03, 2012