Start by marking “Krondor: Tear of the Gods (The Riftwar Legacy, #3)” as Want to Read:
Krondor: Tear of the Gods (The Riftwar Legacy, #3)

Krondor: Tear of the Gods (The Riftwar Legacy #3)

3.83  ·  Rating Details ·  8,757 Ratings  ·  60 Reviews
The vile sorcerer Sidi plans to strike the kingdom a fatal blow, setting the murderous pirate Bear upon the high seas in pursuit of the vessel that is transporting Midkemia's most holy object; the Tear of the Gods. From this miraculous stone all magic power is believed to flow. And if the Tear becomes the mage's trinket, the future will hold only terror, death and unending ...more
Published March 17th 2009 by HarperCollins e-books (first published January 1st 2000)

To ask other readers questions about Krondor, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Krondor

Matthew Green
Jul 31, 2012 Matthew Green rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Feist was one of my favorite authors for some time; Price of the Blood remains one of my three favorite novels, but Tear of the Gods just didn't live up to Feist's usual standards. Admittedly, he was struggling with personal troubles at the time that he wrote it, and it's based on a game, but regardless of the reasons, the book isn't up to par. The narrative is excellent and keeps you reading, constantly being pulled back in to know what is happening, but the characterization is weak and the plo ...more
Scott
Dec 26, 2015 Scott rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
So this is my 27th Riftwar Cycle book so you could say I was a fan.
The main character is Jimmy the Hand which just so happens to be my favorite character in the series.
Hmmmmm
What are the chances I'll like this book?
Pretty good....

It's a stand alone novel. More adventure than fantasy.
The Tear of the Gods is being transported - pirates try to steal it - doesn't work out that well for anyone involved...enter Squire James (Jimmy the Hand) and William and the new court magician.
Add in evil wizards, s
Robert
Jun 20, 2012 Robert rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
The worst book in this trilogy. Feist repeats dozens of times that the events occurring are totally unrelated. Okay, we get it, you didn't bother to create a story line for this one. Feist continues his habit of writing horrible sentences in this book. He really needs to get a good, and forceful, editor. The circular orb glowed brightly. William's eyes were two large circles. Circle around to the other side!" he ordered." Okay, not an exact quote, but you get the idea. Fill the pages with red an ...more
Elar
Jul 09, 2014 Elar rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audiobooks
Same style continues, this time two sequential quests in parallel. This is ok to listen to, but story was not compelling.
Nina Schmitt

Return now to a kingdom in constant peril; a land magical, scarred, and wondrous, where great heroes rise up from adversity to battle fearsome enemies who covet the riches within its borders. New York Times bestselling author Raymond E. Feist -- one of the world 's preeminent fantasists -- continues his extraordinary Riftwar Legacy with a sweeping tale of conflict, trial, and grim necessity, as the forces of good join together to staunch the golden lifeblood flowing from the pierced heart of Mid

Joel
Jan 05, 2017 Joel rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was fine.
Simon Barron
Kailash
Jul 06, 2012 Kailash rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
"The Tear of the Gods" is a mysterious artefact from which all magical power emanates, allowing contact between humans and Gods. An attack on a ship carrying it causes it be lost at sea. Jimmy the Hand, with the help of William, Jazhara, the new magician of the Prince of Krondor's court & Solon, an Ishapian monk embarks on yet another mission for the Crown. He encounters foul creatures aplenty, chiefly vampires & undead monsters, along with the usual assortment of the bad guys, Nighthawk ...more
Eric Parker
It was a bit slow for a while and choppy at times but the ending scenes were interesting. A good read, but it didn't really end the trilogy (leaving a cliffhanger). After reading this series, I wonder if I would have been better off skipping it and just following the storyline chronologically instead of published order.
Joe Aguiar
May 19, 2012 Joe Aguiar rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another great fantasy adventure from the mind of Raymond E. Feist. Krondor: Tear Of The Gods is a fast paced page turner concerning the efforts of Squire James, new court magician Jazhara and Lt. William to recover a sacred religious object, The Tear Of The Gods. It's a literal race against time to keep it from falling into the hands of a sinister evil that seeks to use it to bring eternal darkness to the world. This delighful read is filled with action, intrigue, daring heroics, mystic talisman ...more
David
The videogame element is at its most obvious in the final book. Things get ridiculously dangerous for the main characters, even more so than the already high levels of danger in the earlier 2 books. Just this book alone see Jimmy facing off mercenaries, spies, demons, vampires, and other forms of evil incarnate all in the span of 2 weeks. In a story, that'd be unrealistic - in a game, yes, it's normal. The good thing is that Feist added a bunch of new characters to the story, providing some much ...more
Victoria
This one, I must admit, was my least favorite of the trilogy. I think, because for a trilogy based on a computer game, this one felt the most like reading the transcript of someone playing a game. The inclusion of monsters, vampires and animated skeletons was just a bit too over-the-top for me. Though exciting, it just did not fit in with the the trilogy, or the overarching series as a whole. If the main character had not been one of my favorites, Jimmy the Hand, then I would have certainly hate ...more
Lindsey
Jan 06, 2013 Lindsey rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
Arguably my favourite of the as-a-whole mediocre series. I dislike that it's unfinished, though I enjoy the hints towards future books. Jimmy is, as always, my favourite and I've grown quite fond of Jazhara as well. Feist also has a knack for secondary characters that you become fond of. Looking at you, Brother Solon. :)

As a whole, I'm not a fan and I suspect this may be my last re-read of this series. But at last I'm done and now I get to move on to Jimmy And The Crawler! My expectations are lo
Kai
Dec 30, 2008 Kai rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2011
Hmmm... This was ok, but not the read I was expecting. I think it didn't flow so well and it felt like Feist was re-introducing each character and their traits every few chapters to fill up the book. It was quite annoying.
As for the actual storyline, well, it has demons and bad villians as normal but it has other bad creatures that are a little far-fetched and implausible.. and that's saying something considering this is science fantasy!! Ah well. I will read the next Feist and keep my fingers c
Pankaj Kumar
This is the only book I have read in the Krondor series by Raymond E.Feist. and my views are biased for my love of fantasy, but the book is gripping with some twists in the plot. I found the description of the events and creatures/magic substandard as compared to other fantasy books I have read. The plot is not too predictive nor does it hold too much of suspense. Overall, If you like fantasy then you might find this book interesting.
Mary
Jun 17, 2014 Mary rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own, 2015
This was a good conclusion of the Riftwar Legacy. I do agree that this trilogy was not anywhere as good as the rest of the overall story arc. I do understand that Mr. Fiest was going through a difficult time in his personal life at the writing of this book.

With that being said, I did enjoy this book, would I recommend this trilogy, probably not, but would defiantly recommend the other books in the main storyline.

Christine Ku
Mar 16, 2016 Christine Ku rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I rather liked this book for the reveal of a detail on the underlying world or world meta as I call it. Character-wise, it is heavily reliant on Jimmy the Hand which previous books have made so vivid but it also adds in a relatively minor character from the Riftwar who is not as interesting as any of the others but still believable and stands on his own.
Ivana
Nov 11, 2011 Ivana rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I dont know about this one. it was just too impossible of a story and as much as I enjoy reading the adventures of Jimmy this book was kinda boring, because most of the time you can predict whats gonna happen and of course the main characters are alive and kicking after fighting with undead, vampires, sceletons and what else. I will continue reading though. Feist tells some good stories :)
Ian
Jul 11, 2014 Ian rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Jsrott
Feb 07, 2015 Jsrott rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
While it was entertaining, it felt too much like a novelization of a video game. I was hoping for a deeper, more intricate stroy, but it was more like a series of adventures, with clues interspersed ad to how to beat the game. Still, I'm going to be reading the reat of the series.
Harold Gómez
Se puede notar que la narración era de una adaptación de un juego. Los personajes van donde una bruja, la bruja los manda en misión, vuelven, los manda a otra parte, vuelven, a otra parte, etc... pero igual fue entretenido. Aunque no anda ni cerca de la riftwar saga o la serpentwar saga.
David Shaffer
Mar 28, 2013 David Shaffer rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Easily one of the best fantasy series ever written. I have followed Pug, Tomas, and Jimmy the Hand through continued heroic deeds. With each new book Saga, Feist wraps his tale into the original history of his world.
Amanda
Aug 10, 2013 Amanda rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This was largely a disappointment. Too many loose ends, too many important events irrelevant to the rest of the Midkemia novels, and it just doesn't [i]fit[/i]. And the ridiculous number of monsters crammed in every space available.....
Adinda
Nov 26, 2013 Adinda rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
Feist met vampiers! Weer een vermakelijk en af en toe spannend avontuur, al blijft er nog steeds een beetje een game-gevoel hangen. De 'eindbazen' laten zich bijvoorbeeld wel heel netjes beurt voor beurt verslaan.
Billy
Apr 26, 2015 Billy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Feist adds another host of evil beings arrayed against the Kingdom with vampires and lich lords. The mysterious old witch plays a crucial role in this fight for the Tear.
Dahlia Mrd
Sep 08, 2012 Dahlia Mrd rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: raymond-feist

Beautiful fantasy world.... Simply amazing!!! This man could give " a game of thrones" a run for its money!!!
Hilary
Oct 09, 2014 Hilary rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy
Good quick read. Typical REF adventure. Not one of my favourites from his series but still enjoyable.
Đenis
Aug 18, 2013 Đenis rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: home-dition
Pri čítaní príbehu som si skôr predstavoval menšiu epizódu z nejakej RPG a celkovo ma knižka až tak moc nenadchla.
Charlie Cropper
Jan 16, 2016 Charlie Cropper rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Continued Excellence

Feist creates memorable characters, who grow throughout the narrative, The characters make you want to root for them. Feist creates a world in tension.
Jane
Sep 22, 2014 Jane rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Well, I enjoyed the characters and the story but, Feist does repeat himself quite a bit. So much so you just want to say move on, we know.... Overall not too bad a read.
  • Raymond E. Feist's Magician Master: The Great One
  • Magi'i of Cyador (The Saga of Recluce #10)
  • Days of Air and Darkness (The Westlands, #4)
  • Crystal Gorge (The Dreamers, #3)
  • Fugitive Prince (Wars of Light & Shadow, #4; Arc 3 - Alliance of Light, #1)
  • Wizard of the Winds (Tales of the Timuras, #1)
  • Antrax (Voyage of the Jerle Shannara, #2)
  • Silverthorn by Raymond E. Feist Summary & Study Guide
Raymond E. Feist was born Raymond E. Gonzales III, but took his adoptive step-father's surname when his mother remarried Felix E. Feist. He graduated with a B.A. in Communication Arts with Honors in 1977 from the University of California at San Diego. During that year Feist had some ideas for a novel about a boy who would be a magician. He wrote the novel two years later, and it was published in 1 ...more
More about Raymond E. Feist...

The Riftwar Legacy (4 books)
  • Krondor: The Betrayal (The Riftwar Legacy, #1)
  • Krondor: The Assassins (The Riftwar Legacy, #2)
  • Jimmy and the Crawler (The Riftwar Legacy, #4)

“he had seen the worst and best of the rest, and had gone from a fraternity of men bent on trivial gain by any means, including murder, to a fellowship of men who would sacrifice even their own lives for the greater good.
His ambition was to be like them, to be noble by strength of purpose and clarity of vision rather than by accident of birth.”
1 likes
“he reminded himself as he turned another corner — glancing automatically into the shadows to see if anyone lurked there — the deed was the thing, not the praise.” 1 likes