Start by marking “O Prazer Mais Escuro (Lords of the Underworld #3)” as Want to Read:
O Prazer Mais Escuro (Lords of the Underworld #3)

O Prazer Mais Escuro (Lords of the Underworld #3)

4.28  ·  Rating Details ·  39,162 Ratings  ·  1,139 Reviews
Ele era um guerreiro de carícias ardentes que estava proibido de conhecer o prazer…

Reyes vivia preso ao demónio da dor e estava proibido de conhecer o prazer. No entanto desejava com todas as suas forças uma humana, Danika Ford, e faria tudo o que estivesse ao seu alcance para a conseguir, inclusive desafiar os deuses. Danika andava há meses a fugir dos Senhores do Submund
Published January 9th 2011 by Harlequin (first published January 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about O Prazer Mais Escuro, please sign up.

Krystle I don't think Danika qualifies as an innocent/virgin heroine either.

Blacky *Romance Addict*

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

"He was dark, she was light. He was anguish, she was innocence. He was wrong for her in every way, and yet, when she looked at him, his entire world felt right."

Another great book from the LOTU series, finally we get Reyes's story and it was awesome :)))

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Danika is still on the run from the Lords, and now even from Hunters who are trying to capture her.
Aaeron's demon has taken over him and wants nothing else than to kill Danika's entire family, so Reyes and the other Lords have to keep him restra
Laura Marcela ✎・:*:・ |spoilers af|
The Darkest Pleasure takes place right after The Darkest Kiss (I didn’t re-read nor review the latter because I actually re-read that book not too long ago) and it’s book 3 in the Lord of The Underworld series.

This is one of my favorite instalments that, not only has likeable MCs but also introduces us to a few new characters that will play important roles in the future. It also gives us an inside on how the Titans operate and what Cronus really wants.

Reyes and Danika, as a couple, truly work i
Michelle
Sep 02, 2015 Michelle rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: paranormal
3.5-4 Cut Me Deep Stars!
This is the third book in the Lords of the Underworld PNR series. The story of Reyes and Danika.
Reyes has the pain demon inside of him. The only time he feels any kind of pleasure is when he hurts himself. That is until he meets Danika in book one.
Aeron the keeper of the wrath demon has been summoned by the king to kill Danika and her family. The brothers took matters in their own hand and locked Aeron up so he couldn't do as the king requested. This leaves Danika and he
Sophia Triad
Reyes: Demon of Pain
Butterfly: on his chest and neck
His curse: Pain, pain and then more pain. He connects cruelty with pain, sex with pain, enjoyment with pain. Any acts of cruelty by him are entirely linked with the gain of just more pain.

Danika Ford: Artist
Supernatural ability: She has a secret that not even she knows about it (view spoiler)

Demon Pain and Lord Reyes are Frenemies. Unfortunately the
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
I loved it!!!One of my favorite books!!There was a lot that I liked about this book!The plot,the characters and generally the world Genna creates.

In this book, we focus on Reyes and Danika.Reyes is the keeper of the Demon of Pain and Danika is on the run from Wrath who has been commanded by the Titans to kill Danika and the rest of her family.
Some hunters have kidnapped her and asked her to go to the Lords of Underworld and find information for them.

I loved so much Reyes!He wants to protect Dan
 Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books)
Although this series had a shaky start, I am really loving it. Heck, I'm a sucker for Greek mythology, so that helps. Throw in a tortured hero, and the battle's practically won. But, really, these are good stories, and I could tell that Gena Showalter is finding her groove. This series is much darker than her Atlantis series, and quite violent. But then, it's about Immortal, demon-possessed warriors. Comes with the territory. These books are also very steamy. Not too steamy, though.

Reyes was ve
Exina
July 25, 2013

He was possessed by a demon, and yet he had the heart of an angel. The contradiction delighted her, and she suspected she could happily spend the rest of her life learning his nuances—and there would still be more to learn.

The Darkest Pleasure is the third book of the Lords of the Underworld series, the story of Reyes, Keeper of Pain, and Danika Ford, a human woman with an incomparable ability.

Danika appears at first in book one, The Darkest Night, where Cronus comm
Eleni Ouzouni
Sep 27, 2015 Eleni Ouzouni rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Όπως γνωρίζουμε και από τα προηγούμενα βιβλία της σειράς μια ομάδα αθάνατων πολεμιστών χιλιάδες χρόνια πριν έκλεψε το κουτί της Πανδώρας από την ίδια και τους θεούς και εξαπέλυσε το κακό στον κόσμο. Ως τιμωρία για την πράξη τους, οι θεοί ανάγκασαν κάθε πολεμιστή να «περιέχει» μέσα του ένα δαίμονα. Και κάπως έτσι, οι Άρχοντες του Κάτω Κόσ
Buggy
Opening Line; "Reyes stood on the roof of the Budapest fortress, five stories up, his feet balanced precariously on the highest ledge."

THE DARKEST PLEASURE is book 3 in the fantastic and addictive Lords Of The Underworld Series and this time it's is all about Reyes, an immortal warrior cursed after opening Pandora's box and ever since bound to the demon of pain. We've been waiting since book 1 to see Reyes's unrequited love for Danika reach its foregone conclusion and Showalter doesn't disappoin
Kellie Maddox-Ward
Photobucket

THE BACK STORY

Long ago twelve immortals warriors made by Zeus, became jealous of Pandora she was chosen to guard a box. Inside that box housed some of the most dangerous demons ever known. The Immortals made a horrible mistake of killing Pandora and opening the box. As punishment for the evil they have unleashed each warrior was sentenced to carry one of those demons for all eternity. They are - Violence, Pain, Death, Disease, Disaster, Misery, Doubt, Promiscuity, Defeat, Lies, Secrets, and W
Julie (jjmachshev)
Jun 21, 2008 Julie (jjmachshev) rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2008-reads
Felicia
God, what to say. Guilty pleasure to the MAX? Naughty bits, interesting concept, a little too much dominating possessive male action, but...whatever. :) Tiring of the "hot immortal guys living together who start being picked off by understanding females one at a time for crazy # of sequels" books.
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)
Anna
Jul 11, 2015 Anna rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

"This means nothing."

"Less than nothing,” he lied.

"I’ll hate myself later.”

"I hate myself now.” She opened her mouth to reply, but he swooped in and swallowed the words.

Basically .......I loved the delicious burn of this book. I want to keep binge reading this series !!!!
Gökçe
Jul 06, 2015 Gökçe rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Bu seriye bayılıyorum !!!
4.5

description
Kübra Yağmur
Her yere adını kazımak istiyorum REYESSSSS.
Ama öyle böyle değil kanlı kanlı, acılı acılı. Tam senin seveceğim gibi.

Ya Rabbim! Adamın o kendi kendine -Danika tarafından yakalandığı sahnede olan yok mu, işte o- yaptıklarını okurken yandım, bittim, eridim. O nasıl sahnelerdi öyle. Tabii ilk birleşmeleri de bir o kadar harikaydı.
Kan görünce ağzının suyu akan ben bu kitaba aşık oldum. Reyes'in kendine her zarar verişine, her kıvranışına vuruldum. Şu ana kadar okuduğum erkekler arasında bir numara old
Nikoleta
Aug 25, 2013 Nikoleta rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, romance
5 αστερακια και για το περιεχομενο και για το φοβερο εξωφυλλο...
Kathrynn
Tracy
4 stars

Darkest Pleasure quickly just became my favorite book of the Lords of the Underworld series thus far. While I liked the first two books and planned to finish the series sometime this year, after reading this book I will definitely read the next two books this month.

Why am I now dying to finish the series?

First, I felt like I got to know some of the other warriors much better. There was also more interplay between one another. With the Budapest group, you really see the bond that they sh
Elle
Aug 14, 2014 Elle rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: pnr-angeldemon
★★★ 3 STARS!

This is the least favorite LOTU but have an interesting story. Pleasure. Yeah, sorry for my perv mind. It was supposed to be sexy and passionate. Unfortunately, it doesn't turn that way. Reyes was a bit masochist. To feed his demon, he needs inflicted pain to himself :(

Pros:
+ Danika is easily likable. She was a victim but she didn't appear like that. She's quite strong and smart.
+ Reyes was so protective over Danika. Such a caveman.
+ I enjoyed their journey. Of course, there are som
Shawna
5 stars – Paranormal Romance

Darkest Pleasure is the third book in Showalter's scorching hot Lords of the Underworld series. This is my favorite of the series so far. Reyes, the keeper of the demon of Pain, is an extremely sexy warrior/hero. The heroine, Danika, wasn’t my favorite of the series, but I came to like her character better towards the later part of the book. Another great read in the fun, sexy, and steamy Lords of the Underworld series!
Katie Michaels
Mar 11, 2011 Katie Michaels rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Paranormal Romance Fans
There really is someone out there for everyone. Even an immortal warrior, who can only find pleasure in bone-wrenching pain. Reyes is one of the Lords of the Underworld. Each immortal carries within him a demon which escaped from hell. Reyes carries Pain, and longs to hurt himself and others. He cuts himself, breaks his own bones, whatever it takes to cause pain and soothe the beast inside of him.

We knew Danika was the woman for him back in The Darkest Night. But he resisted his feelings for her
Christel
Apr 30, 2008 Christel rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Gena Showalter fan
Shelves: gena-showalter
Okay, How do I review this one when not many people have it yet??? HMMMMM

Okay, this story has been played somewhat in the other books. It just delves deeper in this book. Reyes is the demon of Pain. He has got to hurt all the time to satisfy his demons needs. Danika has had nightmares since childhood, horrid nightmares. After she has them she paints what she has seen in her dreams.
Aeron, Keeper of Doubt, has been ordered by Cronus, King of the Titans to destroy Danika and all of her family.

This
Suzanne (Under the Covers Book blog)
Another great installment in the LOTU series! Reyes and Danika were a cute couple and I am glad they finally got together. Although Reyes isn'y my fave Lord he is still a great hero, I only put him under hero-i-want-to-hurt cos I know he will like it!

Apart from the Danika and Reyes parts I also liked the glimpses into Paris and Aeron's mind as well. My poor Paris! I can't wait to see how it plays out with him.
Ⓐlleskelle - teamSøren♗ ⊲I like big b00ks⊳
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 4.5 STARS ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ ...more
Merve Özcan
Lady Heather
Oct 01, 2009 Lady Heather rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was by far my favorite of the series...so far! The characters are becoming more developed as the each story unwinds and as 'they' (the Lords) have a mission to find all the artifacts and/or Pandora's box.
Looking forward to the next book in the series!
Nikoleta Katsiouli
OUAOUUUUUUUUU!!!!
Another great story....i have to say that's my favorite so far!!!
Gena ROCKSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!
Miss Kim
Dec 19, 2008 Miss Kim rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of Lara Adrian; paranormal romance
Recommended to Miss Kim by: continuation of series
Shelves: paranormal, 2009
"WOW! I am so glad I continued with this series because this one is THE BEST one."
Gena Showalter Fans: The Darkest Pleasure (LOTU #3) 1 23 Jul 23, 2012 11:21AM
Creative Reviews: The Darkest Pleasure, Lords of the Underworld 1 9 Jun 11, 2012 05:54PM
  • Sin Undone (Demonica #5)
  • Deep Kiss of Winter (Includes: Immortals After Dark, #8; Alien Huntress, #3.5)
  • Noah (Nightwalkers, #5)
  • Veil of Midnight (Midnight Breed, #5)
  • Tempted (Eternal Guardians, #3)
  • Embrace The Darkness (Guardians of Eternity, #2)
Gena Showalter is the New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of over thirty books in paranormal and contemporary romances, as well as young adult novels. Her series include White Rabbit Chronicles, Angels of the Dark, Otherworld Assassins, Lords of the Underworld, Alien Huntress and Intertwined.

Her novels have appeared in Cosmopolitan Magazine, and Seventeen Magazine, and have been transl
More about Gena Showalter...

Lords of the Underworld (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • The Darkest Night (Lords of the Underworld #1)
  • The Darkest Kiss (Lords of the Underworld #2)
  • The Darkest Whisper (Lords of the Underworld #4)
  • The Darkest Passion (Lords of the Underworld #5)
  • The Darkest Lie (Lords of the Underworld #6)
  • The Darkest Secret (Lords of the Underworld #7)
  • The Darkest Surrender  (Lords of the Underworld #8)
  • The Darkest Seduction (Lords of the Underworld #9)
  • The Darkest Craving (Lords of The Underworld #10)
  • The Darkest Touch (Lords of the Underworld #11)

“Legion hissed like a startled cat, the noise scraping at Reyes’s skin. “Me no boy. You think me a boy?”
Everyone stopped, stared. Even Aeron.
Reyes was the first to find his voice. “You’re a…girl?”
A nod. “Me pretty.”
“Yes, you are.” Reyes exchanged a glance with Lucien. “Beautiful.”
133 likes
“Yep, that's me. I know. I know. You're humbled I'm here, feel like throwing rose petals at my feet, blah, blah, blah. No need, though. Just try and think of me as a normal guy
-William”