Start by marking “The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe Chapter Book Box Set (Narnia)” as Want to Read:

4.5 of 5 stars 4.50  ·  rating details  ·  806 ratings  ·  40 reviews
Now available in a handsome paperback box set for the first time, these four paperback chapter books of "The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe" each have unique movie covers from the blockbuster Walt Disney Pictures and Walden Media film and black-and-white interior movie photographs. Each book tells the movie story of "The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe" from the perspec ...more
Published October 1st 2006 by HarperTrophy

To ask other readers questions about The Chronicles of Narnia, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Chronicles of Narnia

Ebookwormy
I remember these books vividly from my childhood. I think my mother read them to us. The boys and the girls enjoyed them, and I'm looking forward to sharing them with my children.

One memory in particular stands out. When I was young (5, 6, 7?), every summer we used to watch The Lion, the witch and the Wardrobe for summer Sunday School. The supervising adult would set up the hugh projector with immense reels (4, I think) of film in the old, dusty, woody, gym, and the film would be projected onto
Trisha
I really enjoyed it. I remember reading "The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe" as a child, but I never read the whole series. It was fun to read each of the books, though I must say that I was surprised by the HEAVY religious tones in the stories. I am sure that children don't pick up on it as quickly as adults do, but it seemed to be an ever-present part of the stories and, I felt, somewhat took away from the fanciful magic of the story itself.
Megan
I'm not exactily sure when I first read this series. I do know that since the first time I have read these books they have been my favorite books of all time. I especially enjoy The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe out of all of the books. I think I need to start reading them over again especially now that the Motion Picture for Prince Caspian is coming out. I definetly think the books are better than the movies, but I do enjoy watching the movies as well.
Alley
I read all the book and heard them along side as well. They brought about something in me that screamed wonderful fantasy and a chance at a wondrous belief between fact and fiction truth and myth mix. I read them during the summer of middle school, the movies that are out give a good definition of the books but not as could as imagining it for oneself
Marianne MC
Mar 06, 2008 Marianne MC rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: 11 and older
Recommended to Marianne MC by: I learned about this series in a college children's lit class
I read this series when I was in my first trimester of pregnancy with my first baby. I was very sick. Throwing up all the time. I was miserable. Reading seemed to help the time pass. I enjoyed each one of the books in this series. I thought they were fascinating.
Valerie
"Larry got me this set of Narnia books last year, and I read them all in chronological order that the stories took place (C.S. Lewis didn't write them in order). It was a lot of fun to get the complete picture from beginning to end, and I highly recommend it.
Shannon
I read the series when I was in grade 5 and it is one series that I actually reread a few times. I still remember crying in "The Last Battle".

Enough layers here to holdthe attention of various ages and reading levels and as time has proven, a classic.
Hannah Dilcher
The Chronicles of Narnia, The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe was a good book. It was interesting and held my attention the whole time. It was sad and emotional but the ending was happy. I enjoyed this book and look forward to reading the rest of the series.
Josephine
In this book, I learned about teamwork and overcoming obstacles. there were many obstacles that the 4 kids(siblings)Lucy, Edmund, Susan and Peter had to face together. I learned that you need to be brave in order to compete with the antagonist.
Hellokitty12
this book was about these kids that has to move away because of a war that is going on.then one day while playing the little girl goes into the wardrobe that leads into a diffrent world and thats when the adventure starts.
Kellie
First read these as a child and love them still. I like the growing the kids do and that they aren't perfect...they have issues and personality trials that everyone faces. CS Lewis is just fabulous.
Samuel Losi
I thought that an example of forshadowing in this book is when Aslan starts walking away with his head lowered towards the stone table. I think forshadowing is hinting at future events in a book.
Mike
Absolutely stimulated my interest in literatue guised as children's adventure tales. Satisfied my inner child, nurtured love and spirituality, without having to swallow the bitter Christianity pill.
Becky
I recently re-read all the Narnia books with my adult son while he was convalescing. I had forgotten how beautiful the symbolism of each book. One of the all-time very favorite books.
Rachel N
The set I actually own was given to me in 1979 when I was 8 years old. It is the 22nd printing from 1978. These books are timeless classics. I look forward to reading them with my kids.
Jamahal 2010
This book is a book that takes imagination to a new level that shows a imaginary land where any thing takes place and four kids come together to restore the land to the way it used be
Samweller
I enjoyed these books as an adult as I think kids do. Obviously Christian parallels are intended and done pretty well I think. My favorite: Reep-a-cheep and Dawn Treader.
Lindsay
i love them all though it has been a while ...i reread the lion, the witch, and the wardrobe recently and loved it probably even more. beautiful!
Mukesh
I read all of these a few years ago, but looking back, I realized how badly written and christian linked they were.
Mei Baas
I thought that the book was very expressive. There was a lot of passion and I really enjoyed it in my spare time.
Lizzie
I really liked it because I loved how Lucy walked into the wardrobe and just came into Narnia!!!
E.
This is a series I'd like to re-read as an adult. I remember loving it as a child...
Puertoricanboi
Apr 23, 2008 Puertoricanboi rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: anyone
this book was good because it had action and death but itt was an amazing booook
Kim Floyd
I loved this series! I'm glad there were seven books. I wish there were more.
Marisaa Pimentel
very nice and wonderful book stories ..really like in Garcia fantasia land..
Bronwyn
I loved these books. It was like a teleporting device into Narnia.
Marina Andreou
brilliant book!! loved the movie also but i think the book is better!
Karen
Another set of books my dad read me as a kid.
Danielle
These are always a good read every 5 years.
Clifford Jay
i think the director of narnia is really nice genuis.imagine he create this film base on the book from the beloved writer c.s. lewis
  • Night's Black Agents
  • The Fallible Fiend (Novarian, #3)
  • The City and Man
  • Why I Am Not a Calvinist
  • Thieves' World: First Blood (Thieves' World, #1-2)
  • Pilgrim's Progress, Part 2: Christiana
  • Heart of Courage (Viking Quest, #4)
  • Kill the Dead
  • Dry Water
  • Swords of the Horseclans (Horseclans, #2)
  • The Enchiridion on Faith Hope and Love (Augustine Series 1)
  • The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian: The Official Illustrated Movie Companion
  • The Enchanted Collection Box Set: Ella Enchanted, The Two Princesses of Bamarre, Fairest
  • The Dragon in the Sword (Erekosë, #3)
  • Sheet Music: The Chronicles of Narnia - Prince Caspian
  • Son of Perdition  (Chronicles of Brothers, #3)
  • The Chronicles of Narnia Pop-up: Based on the Books by C. S. Lewis
  • The Books of Bayern Box Set, Books 1-3
Alison Sage has been a children's editor and writer for over twenty years. She read English at King's College, London, and began her career in children's publishing with Ernest Benn. It was access to their archives, representing seventy years of publishing, that spurred a lifelong passion for children's literature.
More about Alison Sage...
The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring Photo Guide Hutchinson Treasury Of Children's Literature Susan's Journey: Step Through the Wardrobe Rumpelstiltskin The Hutchinson Treasury of Children's Literature and Poetry