Start by marking “The Power of Receiving: A Revolutionary Approach to Giving Yourself the Life You Want and Deserve” as Want to Read:

3.79 of 5 stars 3.79  ·  rating details  ·  67 ratings  ·  14 reviews
Once in a blue moon an idea comes along that once heard seems so obvious that you wonder why somebody hasn't written about it before. Amanda Owen's "The Power of Receiving: A Revolutionary Approach to Giving Yourself the Life You Want and Deserve" presents a new paradigm for the 21st century-a philosophy that values receiving as much as giving and demonstrates that giving ...more
Published December 1st 2010 by Tarcher (first published November 23rd 2010)

To ask other readers questions about The Power of Receiving, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Power of Receiving

Venty Ariani
Feb 03, 2013 Venty Ariani rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Venty by: Arief Senoaji
This book is helping you to do not be afraid to receive more. Receive more attitude is not wrong behavior, it's states of mind that you need to embrace what surrounds give you. I simplify what Amanda told on the book and do it on my own. Start by accept all compliments,gifts, smiles - anything that given to you gratefully and graciously. next is writing five or more gratitudes each day to strengthens receptivity and makes you attractive to your goal. I found out this step is really helpful to ma ...more
Nanci Arvizu
I've read this book four times now. The exercises Amanda Owens presents here, to help you create the life you really want - and then prepare to receive it, it amazing. We've all heard of The Secret, and how you have to visualize your dreams coming true. But deep down you may not be ready to receive what you think you want.
Amanda is going to joine me on Monday December 6th at 10am Mountain time on Page Readers to talk about the book and her work. I'm so excited! If you'd like to join us live, go
Suzanne
At first I thought I loved this book, because of its cute size, the rough cut pages, and the paper quality- really nice! But as I began to read, I quickly realized that it is a spin off of Julia Cameron's, The Artist's Way. Same format, quotes, exercises, type of voice (though Amanda Owen is more jokey). It made me wonder...was she writing it to make money, or didn't she know how to write? The book's premise is sound, but the exercises and examples are a little thin.
Randy Fox
Outside of the fact that the reader's voice and enunciation were really annoying, the content was good and worthy of attention. Of course, the proof will come when I do all of the exercises regularly and find myself able to receive and manifest my dreams with ease.
Sara
A simple read on an easy concept. One that many of us don't find easy to practice in our daily lives. With the recent popularity of the Law of Attraction and manifesting our desires and goals, The Power of Receiving shows that we if we aren't open to receiving we will not be successful in creating the life we'd love to live. A vital key, Amanda Owens illustrates why and how receiving fits in our lives and offers powerful exercises to assist us in the process of identifying our goals and blocks t ...more
Ccsmith
A novel and insightful approach to life.
Heathere Willoughby
I think the book would be good for those with issues receiving. However, after reading it I found that this is not something I struggle with.
Jess Macallan
If you're interested in the Law of Attraction, or learning the art of receiving, I highly recommend this book. It's a small book packed with useful exercises and meditations, as well as inspiring ideas. Amanda Owen does a fabulou job of keeping the content concise, relevant and applicable for every day use. Fans of The Secret need this book to continue their journey with how to put the Law of Attraction into action.
Maria (Ri)
I thought this book was great. There are so many practical suggestions. Most books along this vein stay in the theory, but Amanda Owen provides real tools to help move the reader forward. I see this issue of giving without knowing how to receive in so many of my patients, so I am glad to have another resource to provide to them.
Michele Tracy
I am in the process of rereading this book. I think it has some very helpful language about a different way to approach prosperity work. Some of the work takes you quite deep. I am reading it with a friend and I like the fact that we can check in with each other about how the exercises are working.
Lois
I heard about this book through a booksigning listed on Goodreads events. It was wonderful to directly hear the author's words on why she wrote this book. The exercises in the book are designed to help you be fully present in the moment and to be in a state of gratitude.
For self-help books, this book is amazing. The author offers some insightful exercises to try in overcoming one's need to give all they have without ever receiving.
Siera
consider this book a necessity. read it. live it.
Pankaj
All the stale ideas, all the King's horses...
Victoria
Jul 23, 2011 Victoria marked it as did-not-finish  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction
p.50
Heather Schofield
Heather Schofield marked it as to-read
Feb 23, 2015
Hiba
Hiba marked it as to-read
Jan 18, 2015
Ayu
Ayu is currently reading it
Jan 06, 2015
Abby
Abby marked it as to-read
Dec 17, 2014
Susanne Kromberg
Susanne Kromberg marked it as to-read
Dec 14, 2014
Aleane Kleckley
Aleane Kleckley marked it as to-read
Dec 03, 2014
Lans Bularan
Lans Bularan marked it as to-read
Dec 02, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Amanda Owen is the author of "The Power of Receiving: A Revolutionary Approach to Giving Yourself the Life You Want and Deserve" (Tarcher/Penguin, 2011) and "Born to Receive: 7 Steps Women Can Take Today to Reclaim Their Half of the Universe" (Tarcher/Penguin, 2014)

With a background in social work and a twenty-five year practice as a counselor, Amanda has been presenting lectures and workshops sin
More about Amanda Owen...
Born to Receive: Seven Powerful Steps Women Can Take Today to Reclaim Their Half of the Universe Lucky Stars

“When you ask for what you need and receive what people and the world have to give, you reduce stress and gain energy. ~Amanda Owen” 5 likes
“The only possible match for someone who doesn't know how to receive is someone who doesn't know how to give.” 3 likes