Start by marking “The Complete Idiot's Guide to Algebra” as Want to Read:
The Complete Idiot's Guide to Algebra

The Complete Idiot's Guide to Algebra

"Just the facts (and figures) to understanding algebra."
"The Complete Idiot's Guide to Algebra" has been updated to include easier-to-read graphs and additional practice problems. It covers variations of standard problems that will assist students with their algebra courses, along with all the basic concepts, including linear equations and inequalities, polynomials, expon
ebook, 2nd Edition, 336 pages
Published July 1st 2007 by Alpha Books (first published July 3rd 2004)

To ask other readers questions about The Complete Idiot's Guide to Algebra, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Complete Idiot's Guide to Algebra

Stephen Hayes
When I was 11 years old I went to high school and started Algebra. A couple of weeks after the beginning of the school term I was sick, and missed about 3 days' classes, and must have missed something vital, because I never managed to catch up. In maths exams I did well in geometry, was mediocre in arthmetic and trigonometry (mainly because of careless mistakes) but very poor in algebra. So when I saw this book in the library, I thought it might be an opportunity to see what I had missed.

I foun
Zoey
May 23, 2012 Zoey rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I used the book as a refresher to prepare for the GRE. It should be noted that I'm terrible at math, am easily confused by it, and hate it as a result.

That being said, I rather liked this book, at least as much as a person like me can like a math book. The examples were pretty easy to follow, and there were a fair number of practice problems to work. The tone could go either way. I can see how people might find it condescending, but being as bad in math as I am I found the tone reassuring, espe
Chris
Nov 09, 2012 Chris rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
‘The maths teacher you’ve always wanted now in book form’ the book tells me, and it’s right.

As someone who missed the whole algebra thing at school due to reasons I always wanted to go cover algebra. This book is so well written and the liberal use of humour in the book really helps things not get bogged down too much. There were times I did need to go to the internet to find some videos on some concepts (I guess I’m a visual leaner), but I’m not going to let that bring down such a great book.

W
Mary
Mar 28, 2009 Mary rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Dry. Boring.
*heartrl*
Mar 19, 2012 *heartrl* rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great self study guide- if not a little condescending. Still- get's the job done.
Chuck Henry
Chuck Henry rated it liked it
Dec 10, 2014
Jamal
Jamal rated it it was amazing
Oct 25, 2014
Jayson
Jayson rated it really liked it
Feb 03, 2017
David Smith
David Smith rated it really liked it
Apr 05, 2015
Heather
Heather rated it liked it
Aug 02, 2008
Rebecca Loyd
Rebecca Loyd rated it it was amazing
Mar 27, 2016
nelson
nelson rated it really liked it
Dec 15, 2013
Mary
Mary rated it liked it
Mar 27, 2014
Jennifer seaton
need to brush up on my skills!! have to take a placement test.
David Lindblom
David Lindblom rated it liked it
Sep 01, 2014
Yanz Cuyugan
Yanz Cuyugan rated it it was ok
Dec 25, 2016
Tamara Penrod
Tamara Penrod rated it really liked it
May 31, 2014
Kelly
Kelly rated it it was amazing
May 28, 2015
Jayson Virissimo
Jayson Virissimo rated it really liked it
Aug 07, 2012
Deborah
Deborah rated it liked it
Jul 22, 2014
William Bailey
William Bailey rated it really liked it
Sep 21, 2011
Eric Boss
Eric Boss rated it really liked it
Sep 06, 2014
David L. Thomas
David L. Thomas rated it it was amazing
Jul 14, 2015
Kristin Maillard
Kristin Maillard rated it did not like it
Sep 09, 2014
Karin
Karin rated it it was amazing
Aug 13, 2015
Brian Jarrett
Brian Jarrett rated it really liked it
Sep 06, 2014
Joanne Mendes
Joanne Mendes rated it really liked it
Oct 13, 2016
d123dawnhotmail.com
d123dawnhotmail.com rated it liked it
Feb 22, 2016
The author has written a bunch of books about math (like The Complete Idiot's Guide to Precalculus, The Complete Idiot's Guide to Calculus (Second Edition), and The Humongous Book of Calculus Problems).

His website, www.calculus-help.com, hosts over a thousand unique visitors a day, even though it features an unflattering animated graphic of him dancing at his wedding.

(from the back of one of his
More about W. Michael Kelley...