Start by marking “Augustus (Complot 365, #8)” as Want to Read:
Augustus (Complot 365, #8)

Augustus (Conspiracy 365 #8)

4.22  ·  Rating Details  ·  1,211 Ratings  ·  64 Reviews
Callum (16, ik-figuur) belandt na zeven maanden vluchten in handen van de politie, die hem ervan verdenkt zijn zusje Gabi te hebben ontvoerd. Hij kan zijn onschuld alleen bewijzen door Gabi te bevrijden. Vanaf ca. 12 jaar.
178 pages
Published 2010 by Kluitman

To ask other readers questions about Augustus, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Augustus

Conan Tigard
Nov 13, 2015 Conan Tigard rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Conspiracy 365: August is hot and heavy with action. From being buried alive, to being held captive in a hospital, Cal continues his struggle to solve the mystery of the Ormond Singularity and Riddle. Slowly but surely, Cal and his friends are piecing together the clues that will either lead to Cal's death or solving the mystery that has been plaguing the Ommond family for centuries.

Once again, Gabrielle Lords weaves a wonderful tale of intrigue and suspense and Cal fights to stay alive. Cal's l
Gibson Gallant
august is part of the series of conspiracy 365 and has the same action and danger as the other books in the series but with different twists like how his mother didn't even believe him, and when rafe attacked him but as all the book thus far he escapes the beginning situation he's in and gets his friends but all in all it's just another book in the series
Caleb Lattin
Oct 10, 2014 Caleb Lattin rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was not the best out of the series, but it was an ok story. This time, Cal escapes yet another trap. He gets buried alive! His friends then rush for help as they get an excavator to dig him up. He could not have stayed under there much longer. The author ( Gabrielle Lord) makes you confused for about a chapter. You can't stop reading until you find out what happens to Cal!
At the end of the book Gabrielle lord leaves you hanging on the edge of a hung cliff! Then you rush to get the ne
Seth Martin
Oct 24, 2014 Seth Martin rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is about a run away kid who is being hunted down. The police are desperate to find out where he is. He has woken up in the hospital and Gabbie has been kidnapped. She is in a coma. Cal finds his double while he is writing "no physico " with spray paint and he chaises him down to his apartment. Cal finds interesting things in that apartment.

I recommend this book for many people. Mainly for teens who like mystery.

I loved this book it was a book that my mom had to tell me to put it do
Adam B.
Mar 13, 2015 Adam B. rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
In "Conspiracy 365 August" the main character Cullum Ormand is trying to hunt down his sister's kidnapper. During this whole book his sister is in a coma and can not do anything to help. The kidnapper eventually makes a deal with Cal to get his sister back. But in order to his sister back he must give up himself and clues to help find out his family mystery called the 'Ormand Riddle'.
This was one of the better books in the series. This one is full of more action and excitement.
If I had to recomm
131emar
Jan 12, 2014 131emar rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves:
This book goes even more in the mystery of the Ormond family. It starts out where the last book ended. All the books in this series, that I read so far, ends with one of those tough situations that's almost impossible to get out of. In this book it starts with Cal being in a coffin and he can't get out. Only his friends can get him out of this one, but they couldn't find Cal and the longer they took, the faster Cal ran out of breath. So they took a risk and called the police to help him before ...more
Brock F.
Dec 18, 2015 Brock F. rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I've always liked the Conspiracy 365 series, maybe even my favorite. I love the action in it and Gabrielle Lord does a great job with the series. August might be my favorite book out of the series. They always almost catch him, but he is too clever and has friends that are on his side and end up at the right spot at the right place at the right time. I didn't want to put this book down because of the action in it. Lord had me hooked into the book just like good authors do.

In this book, Cal alway
Rachel Lightwood

While this wasn't as bad as April it was pretty crappy. I didn't enjoy this installment at all. We have so few books to go that the DMOs need to start getting wrapped up, we need to start ramping up the pace and getting prepared for a shocking finale. Instead this book suffered from a bad case of the Middle Book Syndrome. It isn't even technically the "middle" book but everything that happened felt like a long-winded lead up to nothing at all - or maybe it was really a lead up to the ne
Brett
I've got to say, I really like the concept of this series, with twelve books representing the twelve months that protagonist Cal Ormond has to stay alive in the face of constant danger & simultaneously solve the mystery of his family's history that cost his father his life. That said, in practice, this is the eighth book & I'm starting to feel like the author needs to get to the point already. The action & danger is still there, but it's starting to feel a bit rote & like she's h ...more
Spencer
May 05, 2013 Spencer rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I think that this book is really interesting.

This books is part of a series of books written by Gabrielle Lord. This series is about a boy called Callum Ormond those family hides a deadly secret dated from the first queen Elizabeth that will change Callum's life forever. The first book of this series 'Conspiracy 365 January" talks about how Callum's nightmare begin. Theirs are 13 books in total in this series each one describing how how gets trough the challenges placed in front of him. His mot
Abbie Philebaum
Mar 14, 2012 Abbie Philebaum rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves:
This story is ingesting and relatable. I could see someone risking their life for their younger sibling. Gabrielle Lord’s August Conspiracy 365 is like a roller coaster with high points and low points.
The characters are not realistic, because there is no way that if someone was drugged that they could call their friends to come and save him. I like the characters because they are loyal to one another and care about one another to put there life on the line to save the other. It makes me more i
Marianne
Oct 21, 2012 Marianne rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
August Conspiracy 365 is the eighth book in the Conspiracy 365 series by Australian author Gabrielle Lord. Buried alive by Oriana’s thugs, Cal’s escape from the coffin is due to Winter’s calling the police and lands him in the secure wing of the hospital. Luckily for him, disgraced ex-detective Nelson Sharkey manages an escape for him before he is transferred to the Remand centre. Once again, Winter shows herself to be resourceful and clever, and Boges demonstrates his true friendship with a sup ...more
Simon Taylor
Sep 16, 2013 Simon Taylor rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
August picks up where July left off and keeps up the phenomenal pace and tone established in its predecessor. I’ve made my criticisms of the Conspiracy 365 series before, but Lord has truly hit her stride.

There were few fillers in this edition, and some more substantial plot developments. The hospital escape sequence is one of my favourites of the series.

Boges and Winter are also really coming into their own. The trio have formed a charming and likeable group. Their scenes in the cemetery are hi
Jackie
Cal, once again, finds himself in danger at the beginning of August. He's been knocked out, stuffed into a coffin, and as he wakes up slowly to hear the thud, thud, thud of dirt being piled on top of him. He's being buried alive!...Luckily, Boges and Winter staked out Rathbone's Funeral Parlor and they know something is up. When they get to the cemetary, they are deperate to 'unbury' Cal, but find there are many freshly dug graves and don't know where to begin. In deperation, they call the polic ...more
Matthew Macdonald
Conspiracy 365 August by Gabrielle Lord is about a teenager named Cal Ornond who is on the run from the police because they think he put his sister in a coma. Cal got buried alive so his friends had to call the police to get him out.

I suggest this book to anybody who like mystery and thrilling books. I thought this book was very good the best and most thrilling yet. The only thing I take away from it was that it was very hard to understand what was happening.
Hunter H
Conspiracy 365 August by Gabrielle Lord is full of action! Starting with Cal being buried alive, and then being held captive in a hospital! It's crazy interesting. Read to see what happens!

I loved this book and this is my most favorite series of all time. Never read anything this interesting, it's the definition of a page turner, packed with unlimited action.

I recommend this action-packed book to everyone, absolutely everyone! I give this book 5/5 stars
Alex W
Sep 26, 2014 Alex W rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is about a refugee boy, Cal, who is on the run from the police and two criminal gangs. This book continues where the last one left off. It has more and more twists and turns.
This one has the best ending yet of the series in my opinion. I loved this book and plan on reading the whole series. You have to read the book to find out the best most suspenseful ending yet. I recommend this book for anyone who loves suspense and action
Brandon
The series is certainly getting better in the second half of the year. By this point, the books no longer feel formulaic, although the resolutions of mysteries is still done at a snail's pace. Regardless, this is a good book and I'm starting to believe that the series will have a satisfying ending, potentially worth the investment of time.
Maddison
Best cliffhanger yet! It was pretty obvious that (view spoiler)
I only gave this book 3 start because Cal's the luckiest kid alive. I mean, he escaped from the cops at least twice in each book, he loses all his s
Cathy Cramer
More action - being buried alive, Gabby's abduction and the attempted transfer.

There are still trust issues. Would you really trust someone who had stolen an ambulance? Cal still has to figure out whom he can trust and who has betrayed him.

I used this book to entertain us in the ER.
Elaina Carsten
Jun 04, 2015 Elaina Carsten rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I also really liked this book. I am glad that I started reading this series. I love being able to read books that I like. They are really good...which makes them easier to read.
Mel
Feb 27, 2014 Mel rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Read in an afternoon. Nice bit of escapism that seems to be progressing towards an exciting finish.
Taylor Prue
Ever been buried alive? Well in Gabriel Lord's Conspiracy 365 Callum Ormond was. This book had mystery. One example of this is...Who kidnapped his younger sister Gabby. It also includes action. A good example is when cal has to run from police rush troopers. Last but not least it had science fiction. In one point he learns some interesting stuff about certain mushrooms that glow and kinda freak him out. In conclusion any middle schooler or young-adult would enjoy this book.
Edward Arrington
Jan 27, 2015 Edward Arrington rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The suspense just keeps building. I enjoyed the book and look forward to the next one in the series.
Mr. Southmayd
Jun 14, 2015 Mr. Southmayd rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was my favorite in the series so far. I love the fact that the seemingly important information is missing, but replaced with some major character introductions and new information that clears up some old curiosities. The content that made me say, "FINALLY!" is heavy in this book and I now feel that the rest of the series will be worth my time.
J
Mar 17, 2014 J rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great Series. Really engaging - full of suspense.
Carson Mill
Jan 14, 2015 Carson Mill rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves:
I think this is the best book so far
Micah Frost
Dec 17, 2015 Micah Frost rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One of the best books
NicktheBookworm
Jan 09, 2016 NicktheBookworm rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The best one so far
All the books in the series 1 1 Mar 12, 2013 12:33PM
  • Mutation (The Phoenix Files, #3)
  • Lizzie McGuire: The Orchids and Gumbo Poker Club
  • Poison Island
  • Never Mind The Goldbergs
  • Confessions of a Closet Catholic
  • Who Killed the Homecoming Queen? (Fear Street, #48)
  • The Luxe Box Set (Luxe, #1-3)
  • The Gizmo Again (Gizmo, #2)
  • Blood Sun (Danger Zone, #3)
  • The Battle for Rondo (Rondo, #3)
  • Zink
  • Violent Volcanoes (Horrible Geography)
  • The Copper Beech / Evening Class
  • Leaving Protection
  • The Night She Disappeared
  • Arctisch dagboek
  • Just Macbeth
  • Shantorian (Trackers, #2)
Gabrielle Lord survived being ‘razed’ by the nuns, acquired an education despite this, and after working in many different areas, sales, teaching, brick-cleaning, peach-picking and packing, and in the Public Service as an employment officer, started writing seriously aged 30.
Her first two manuscripts ended up composting the tomatoes at her market garden – another attempt to make a living – but the
More about Gabrielle Lord...

Conspiracy 365 (1 - 10 of 17 books)
  • January (Conspiracy 365 #1)
  • February (Conspiracy 365, #2)
  • March (Conspiracy 365 #3)
  • April (Conspiracy 365, #4)
  • May (Conspiracy 365 #5)
  • June (Conspiracy 365 #6)
  • July (Conspiracy 365 #7)
  • September (Conspiracy 365 #9)
  • October (Conspiracy 365 #10)
  • November (Conspiracy 365 #11)