Start by marking “Two For Joy” as Want to Read:
Two For Joy

Two For Joy

3.76  ·  Rating Details  ·  360 Ratings  ·  18 Reviews
Oliver Flynn's wedding is the social event of the year, and the creme de la creme of Kilronan are happy to boast of being invited.

Noreen, his new wife, has finally outclassed her two sisters, who think they are better than her in every way. Not any more! But there is one nagging doubt: does Oliver really love her? Would he have married her if she hadn't done the proposing
Published June 1st 2004 by Thomas Dunne Books (first published April 1st 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Two For Joy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Two For Joy

Jillean Whyte
I have read the brill City Series & Promises Promises/Mirror Mirror by the hugely talented Patricia Scanlan. So although not as good as them I still really liked this one. It was very easy to read, hard to put down and enjoyable. She creates and captures characters it's easy to relate to them or know someone like them. The story flows like pure gold and is very typical of Irish life, apart from the 'wagon' never heard it until book. Scanlan just has 'it' she makes you laugh, cry, care and wo ...more
Ruth
Apr 15, 2011 Ruth rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoy Patricia Scanlan's books because of the characters she creates. She is an Irish author and this book takes place in both Dublin and Kilronan. In the story she follows the lives of several different main characters who live in either place amd in some cases move back and forth trying out the city or the countryside. Complex problems arise in every life including the lives of her characters. All of the problems reach conclusions of one type or another at the end of the book. Our library sy ...more
Ilva
Aug 14, 2015 Ilva rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: īru-literatūra
Gluži pieņemams romāns par trīs sieviešu dzīve līkločiem. Ja meklē labu lasāmvielu atslodzei, kad var mierīgi ielasīties citu sieviešu dzīves stāstos, viņu problēmās, priekos un bēdās, tādējādi atslēgties pašai no savām ikdienas rūpēm, tad šis nu ir pietiekami labs lasāmgabals. Mazliet gan iepriekšparedzams, bet tādi jau ir lielākā daļa visi attiecību romāni.
Minty McBunny
Jul 31, 2016 Minty McBunny rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016, july-2016
I've read all Patrician Scanlan's books, they never fail to be enjoyable and predictably fun. Scanlan and Cathy Kelly are my go to for comforting and entertaining Irish ChickLit and this is a good example of the genre.
Kerin
Apr 01, 2014 Kerin rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have had my fare share of Neils and still awaiting my Oliver. I enjoyed the complexity of the characters and the settings.. I must say I picked the ending about 1/4 the way through but reslly enjoyed the read.
Katrina Treneman
Aug 08, 2014 Katrina Treneman rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Nice story and very easy to read
J. Ewbank
This book by Patricia Scnalan is not my usual fare but I can see why she has a following and a good number of books. The characters are sketched out so you think you know them and the plot is interesting. What more do you really want? I would call it a woman's book but a man can read and enjoy it.

J. Robert Ewbank author "John Wesley, Natural Man, and the "Isms" and "Wesley's Wars"
Betty Bell
Two For Joy is a very readable story of the relationships in a small town just outside Dublin. Central characters include sisters and their cousin and the men they interact with. Their search for grown up jobs that satisfy and love takes them from home town to Dublin and New York.
The family relationship is very real, everyone has a cousin they can live without!
Cassie
Dec 26, 2011 Cassie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chick-lit
This was the first Patricia Scanlan book I've read and it definitely won't be the last. I laughed and cried my way through it, devouring every last word. It was so easy to read and I found myself able to picture the characters clearly. Their behaviour is realistic and I was genuinely interested in the eventual outcome for each one of them
Nicki
Jun 03, 2012 Nicki rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Pretty good chick lit. Though Patricia isn't the greatest writer, her style is easy to read and keeps you interested with good characters.
The worst part about this is the title. I was seriously embarrassed reading it on the train as it sounds like a bad Mills & Boon! It's actually closer in style to a Cathy Kelly.
CLM
Jun 03, 2010 CLM rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fans of Maeve Binchy
It's very odd - I don't think I read this before but I can predict every single thing that is going to happen before it does. Maybe this is because I have read so much Maeve Binchy and Marian Keyes, and this author imitates them well...

Predictible but a pleasant summer read.
Sharon Reeves
This was another comfortable, easy read. It was not the best Patricia Scanlan book, but still I enjoyed her characters. The character Oliver, really frustrated me at times, and I felt like shaking him!
Kajol
I wish there was half star to add. This just seem a bit too scanty and if I give it a three, it will seem a bit too much. Such a dilemma!
Peggy
Nov 24, 2013 Peggy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not my normal fare, but it was a good read. Realistic characters, and I wanted to see how their lives turned out. More of a woman's book.
Tania Easton
I like Patricia Scanlan, so far. I will be adding her too my authors to carry on reading.
Wendy
Another good read from this author. I thoroughly enjoyed this book.
Estelle
I registered a book at BookCrossing.com!
Susan O
Jun 11, 2011 Susan O rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
very gikood bo
Catherine Morris
Catherine Morris rated it it was amazing
Aug 31, 2016
Janine McQuillan
Janine McQuillan is currently reading it
Aug 29, 2016
Denise THOMSON
Denise THOMSON marked it as to-read
Aug 27, 2016
Kirsty Boustead
Kirsty Boustead marked it as to-read
Aug 11, 2016
renata marini
renata marini marked it as to-read
Aug 02, 2016
M
M is currently reading it
Aug 01, 2016
Martha Cook
Martha Cook rated it liked it
Aug 23, 2016
Evija Ancāne
Evija Ancāne rated it liked it
Jul 27, 2016
Elizabeth
Elizabeth rated it liked it
Jul 28, 2016
Debbie Clarke
Debbie Clarke rated it really liked it
Jul 17, 2016
Sarah marked it as to-read
Jul 16, 2016
  • The Fraud
  • Confessions Of A Demented Housewife: The Celebrity Year
  • Take A Look At Me Now
  • Jade: Fighting to the End: My Autobiography 1981–2009
  • Country Wives (Barleybridge #2)
  • Pinkerton's Sister
  • The One That Got Away (Hen Night Prophecies #1)
Patricia Scanlan was born in Dublin, where she still lives. While working as a librarian she started to write, and now has a full-time career as a bestselling author.
More about Patricia Scanlan...