Start by marking “BRING IT!: The Revolutionary Fitness Plan for All Levels That Burns Fat, Builds Muscle, and Shreds Inches” as Want to Read:

3.72  ·  Rating Details  ·  274 Ratings  ·  24 Reviews
PbCreator of the best-selling P90X#174; workout series, Tony Horton shows you how to iBring It!/i for the results you want. P/bOver the past 25 years, Tony Horton has helped millions of people#8212;from stay-at home moms to military personnel to A-list celebrities#8212;transform their bodies and their lives with innovative workouts and cutting-edge advice. Now in his first ...more
Published December 21st 2010 by Rodale (first published December 17th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about BRING IT!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about BRING IT!

Justin Tapp
Mar 14, 2014 Justin Tapp rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: health
Tony Horton is one of my fitness heroes/mentors. I've done P90X a couple times, have done all the P90X3 workouts, and work both of those-- along with workouts he posts on his YouTube channel-- into my daily workout routines. I absorb his interviews, and have watched him change from a hard-core vegetarian (15 years) to a more open-minded fitness advocate.

Bring It!: The Revolutionary Fitness Plan for All Levels That Burns Fat, Builds Muscle, and Shred Inches is pretty short and simple. It contain
Diana
Jul 13, 2011 Diana rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
It's hard to give this a rating, or even a review. Apparently 2/5 stars means "it was ok". Which it was. I enjoyed skimming through the motivational sections, including his chatty writing style in which he'll parenthetically muse about things like if clams are really happy. That might get on some people's nerves though. The actual workouts seemed good, and easy to do at home, so I like having the reference around. However, the nature of the ebook edition is that it's a little harder to flip arou ...more
Angela Mcvay
Sep 26, 2011 Angela Mcvay rated it really liked it
Apparently, I know a lot about fitness as I really did not pick up anything new from this book. However, I am a fan of P90x and Tony does a great job with his motivational talks and stories. The pictures and descriptions of actual exercises are great and probably helpful to people just getting started. The diet is the epitome of a strictly clean diet and their are some great looking recipes. Definitely worth a look at this book if you are a P90x fan. Also, provides some sample workouts.
Patricia
Sep 03, 2012 Patricia rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Who doesn't love Tony.
Alain Burrese
Oct 31, 2014 Alain Burrese rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Those that are familiar with the P90X workout, either by using it or viewing the infomercials, know Tony Horton. The energetic trainer, and creator of P90X, now brings his workout philosophy, exercise routines, and diet guidelines to print in “Bring It! The Revolutionary Fitness Plan for All Levels That Burns Fat, Builds Muscle, and Shreds Inches.”

The book is laid out in an organized fashion and contains the important elements Horton wants you to incorporate into your lifestyle to get fit, live
Sathish Sekar
Jul 15, 2012 Sathish Sekar rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone interested in Fitness
Honestly I would have given 5 stars, if my expectations were not so high. I am a huge fan of P90x and Tony Horton's health/fitness philosophy. The book does a good job of setting down the mental principles that need to be adopted to make lasting changes in your body. The nutrition plan is also very informative and concise. The workout moves are also explained in pictures and written details.

The one flaw is the workout plan is not that good. I feel like the casual reader would not find it appeal
Jane Dugger
Good information but I prefer the videos.
Pixel Word
This book has everything you expect from a "fitness book". It has a motivation, success stories, workout schedule, recipes..the whole shebang. I wanted to read this because I'm starting his P90X program tomorrow and I like to have all the facts (yea I'm a nerd like that). The thing I like the most is humor. The book is I dare say - adorable (in a macho fitness way). Tony is highly likeable persona. If I lived in his "hood" and could afford it , I would totally make him my trainer.
Giovanni Albanese Jr.
Feb 03, 2011 Giovanni Albanese Jr. rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone interested in exercise and nution.
Quintessential Tony Horton. It really helps to have partook in his DVD workouts to really get the crux of his voice in "Bring It!" But even without having worked out with Horton in Power 90, P90X and the One on One series, the book provides those interested a great workout program and nutritional guide, including recipes.

If you're looking to jump-start your life with a heavy dose of exercise and healthy eating, this is a perfect place to start.
Becky
Feb 06, 2016 Becky rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I wanted a book to help teach me a practical, effective fitness routine I could do anywhere. This was just what I needed and I am on my way to being strong again. A pleasant surprise was the great tasting recipes at the back of the book. Excellent book on several levels!
Michael
A quick read, especially since I only read the first half of the book, which contains Tony's stories. I already work out with BeachBody products, ie. P90X, so the exercise details in the second half were redundant. (Sorry Tony). I used Tony's expression, "Do your best and forget the rest" as an inspiration to get through P90X.
Tracy
Apr 07, 2012 Tracy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read this because I have a friend who really likes his workout dvds. (I was surprised because I tend to distrust infomercials.) It was readable, clear, and had some great information about diet, workouts that work, and how to find a fitness plan that works for each individual person.
Brian
Jul 20, 2012 Brian rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another in a long line of books for losing weight and getting in shape - by the developer of P90X. I found it be be a helpful resource for various exercises & diet guidelines. A lifetime approach to eating & activity rather than a quick weight loss program.
Scottsdale Public Library
This book presents an in-depth look at how to get fit and do it the right way. Tony achieves this with a wit and humor that keeps you turning the pages. Includes workout routines and nutrition info. -Kathy S.

Scottsdale Public Library

Simone Bocedi
Dec 26, 2011 Simone Bocedi rated it liked it
If you want to start p90x, it's a good book. And even of not,it tells you a lot about what you should or shouldn't do/eat in order to stay fit
Indy
Jun 12, 2011 Indy rated it liked it
If you are serious about a life change through diet and exercise this is a great 'map' to lead you in the direction you have chosen to go.
Chris Hogan
If you have never seen Tony give an interview, this book is basically all of them put together.

It's a good enough read.
Stephanie LGW
Most of it is common sense, but the workout ideas are solid, especially when you don't have a ton of time.
Melissa
May 14, 2011 Melissa rated it it was amazing
Written with Tony Hortons wit, very quick read. Lots of good info, goes well with the p90x program.
Adam Dibble
Mar 16, 2012 Adam Dibble rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves:
This book can be read several times and each time you will acquire more knowledge then the previous read.
Lewis
Dec 04, 2012 Lewis rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent book, a must read for anyone looking to improve their physical fitness and well-being!
Robert
May 18, 2012 Robert rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked it! I had already went through the program, so it was a breese to read. :-)
Boyd
Aug 03, 2012 Boyd rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
For those who have not yet tried P90X but are curious this may be something to explore.
Rum
Rum rated it liked it
Jul 29, 2016
Michelle Arrasmith
Michelle Arrasmith marked it as to-read
Jul 26, 2016
Cliff
Cliff added it
Jul 21, 2016
karol fecteau
karol fecteau rated it really liked it
Jul 16, 2016
Jackie Friedland
Jackie Friedland marked it as to-read
Jul 12, 2016
Cecilia Dunbar Hernandez
Cecilia Dunbar Hernandez marked it as to-read
Jul 07, 2016
  • The Men's Health Big Book of Exercises: Four Weeks to a Leaner, Stronger, More Muscular YOU!
  • A Week in the Zone
  • Unlimited: How to Build an Exceptional Life
  • Weight Training for Dummies
  • The South Beach Diet Good Fats/Good Carbs Guide: The Complete and Easy Reference for All Your Favorite Foods
  • Womens Complete Guide to Running
  • The New Rules of Lifting Supercharged: Ten All-New Muscle-Building Programs for Men and Women
  • Gentleman: A Timeless Guide to Fashion
  • Fit from Within: 101 Simple Secrets to Change Your Body and Your Life - Starting Today and Lasting Forever
  • Joy of Cooking: All About Vegetarian Cooking
  • Human Legacy Project
  • The Body Fat Solution: Five Principles for Burning Fat, Building Lean Muscles, Ending Emotional Eating,  and Maintaining Your Perfect Weight
  • Rich Food Poor Food: Your Grocery Purchasing System
  • The Boozy Baker: 75 Recipes for Spirited Sweets
  • The Wisdom of James Allen: Five Books in One: As a Man Thinketh: The Path to Prosperity: The Mastery of Destiny: The Way of Peace: Entering the Kingdom
  • Yoga: the Path to Holistic Health
  • Evernote for Dummies
  • A Brief History of Happiness

“Old friends are turning into old men and women right before my eyes. Most of them have resigned themselves to the idea that declining health is an inevitable side effect of aging. But it's never too late to reverse the effects of aging. If you wake up every day committed to doing something to counter and prevent such ailments, you can create a happy, healthy, youthful life, no matter what your age.” 0 likes