Start by marking “The Men I Didn't Marry” as Want to Read:
The Men I Didn't Marry

The Men I Didn't Marry

3.35 of 5 stars 3.35  ·  rating details  ·  705 ratings  ·  88 reviews
The authors of the national bestsellers Mine Are Spectacular! and The Botox Diaries apply their trademark wit and wisdom to another delicious adventure. Join Hallie Lawrence Pierpont as she’s whisked away on a journey into her past love life that leads to her future.

Hallie’s husband, Bill, doesn’t even wait until they get home from dropping off their youngest daughter at Y
Audio, 0 pages
Published July 4th 2006 by Random House Audio (first published 2006)

To ask other readers questions about The Men I Didn't Marry, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Men I Didn't Marry

LauraZu
5 AMAZINGLY FUNNY AND ENTERTAINING STARS!

*Re-read for GR.

These authors are just amazing, I love their books and their writing, their characters and plots. It's amazing I can't get enough, only thing that would make this better is if we had a sequel or a shortie if the future. Pretty please.

So we have Hallie Lawrence Pierpont, after leaving her youngest daughter in Yale, her husband Bill doesn't even wait to get home before announcing that he's leaving her for a fitness trainer named Ashlee. Af
Barbara Cozens
This book was a fun and easy read. It was witty and playful. It made me think (and cringe) about the men I didn't marry.
Valerie
This is just a fun read. It won't change your life. It won't really make you think...although the authors do try and throw in a bit of be grateful for what you have, etc...it was fun to read and I did enjoy it. The book does have a lot of totally unbelievable coincidences but...if you can get through that then it's fun to read! Enjoy!
Lisa Harris
This book warmed my heart. I especially liked reading a story about a women closer to my age. I was a bit worried that the story would take an ugly turn when the character seemed to be reconsidering her ex husband, but it all worked out well. Thank goodness. : )
Tiah
I enjoy a thoughtless funny book every now and again. This was a perfect mix of comedy and "oh my god, this is my life" moments!
Amie
Total chick lit, really funny book. I liked this one.
Amberlee
I got this book out of the library in a 'listening book' form to take along with me on a short road trip. The
title and the back flap suggested I was in for a ' delicious adventure.' I was hoping for a witty take on the
old and tired 'woman gets dumped by husband' plot line. I was disappointed. There were no surprises as the woman, Hallie Lawrence, searches out former boyfriends and rehashes her failed unions with them.
Why? I have no idea. It seemed like a colossal waste of time to me, especialy
Natalye
While all the chick-lit I seem to be reading is fairly parallel in structure, digesting this book was a bit much for me. It wasn't that the theme was difficult to comprehend - in fact it was quite simple. Rather, the way in which the plot evolved struck me as entirely too coincidental and contrived. It didn't seem to be a very creative read; the story was shallow and unrealistic. More than anything, I like a book I can relate to or, at the very least, characters who are compelling enough to be r ...more
Marisa
Library Request I found I didn't really connect with the heroine or any of character in this book, however I finish it it kept me reading, but I can't really be sure if it's because I was hoping to make a connection or just hoped the story would improve. Neither happened for me, sorry.
Kelly (TheWellReadRedhead)
Semi-decent chick lit. Protagonist gets dumped by her husband of 20+ years, then goes in search of her old boyfriends to see what she missed out on...learns something from each of them along the way, etc. etc. I probably would have liked it more if it weren't for 2 things: one, I felt that the authors were trying TOO hard to be funny. You could hardly finish a paragraph without finding some not-so-witty one liner thrown in. Two, the whole part with Dick (her 4th boyfriend) seemed rushed and rand ...more
Nicole
I rated this book as a four stars because it was a truly fun and entertaining book of fiction -- emphasizing fiction because the premise of the entire storyline was too far fetched!! The main character never really deals with her pain and you keep turning the pages to see her have a breakdown. If looking for her old boyfriends was suppose to be the author's way to have her deal - I didn't see it. The absolute surreal points where that all of the boyfriends she tracked down were all completely th ...more
Donna Holzberger
A quick read about a woman who is going through a divorce and decides to look up old boyfriends in an effort to learn why she didn't marry them. Cute, witty book!
Rebecca
Easy read - nice break from reading serious stuff, but it's chick lit through and through, which really isn't my style. But if you like chick lit, then I'm sure you'll enjoy this book. It was a light and fun read.
Shauna
This was the first book I read by this pair of authors. I had never heard of them before and only picked up the book because I was at the library, frantically looking for a book to read over the weekend. So, this review is a little behind the times because this book is from a few years ago, but I happen to really enjoy their style of writing. It was witty, light and fun. The story line was terribly unrealistic (but aren't most chick-lit books?), but it wasn't like I was looking for some heavy, n ...more
Rebecca
Very funny! I love the books I have read by these 2 authors.
Ann
A great beach read even if you're not at the beach!
Pat
I enjoyed the book. As one who has been dumped, albeit not after a long marriage, but a short one, I was cheering Hallie, the Heroine on, as she recalled all her past loves with good and bad/sad memories. It is funny to think along the lines of would have, could have, should have! I enjoyed this walk on a personal level, because she did what I think, most women would like to do. I enjoyed it greatly! Perhaps it had a cathartic effect, brought back memories too!
Stephanie
Feb 21, 2008 Stephanie rated it 1 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: No One
While I was reading this book (which I borrowed from the library), I kept exclaiming to myself, "This is so bad!" It's just that there were so many awful asides, which were neither witty nor useful. It was a tired, uninspired, overwrought, fantastical work of prose. And it took two people to write it! Of course, "chick lit" is not known for its resounding intelligence and thought-provoking material, but it certainly does not have to be this dim-witted.
Mel
Kristy
This was a great beach read! Lots of funny moments balanced with insightful ones. After Hallie's husband leaves her to move in with is personal trainer girlfriend, she goes through her past. She goes about looking up exboyfriends, the men she didn't marry. She remembers why she fell for them and why they didn't work out. A good book about self discovery and finding love again.

Veronica
This is one to keep on my shelf. When you think everything is so great, the unexpected sometimes happens. It happen to us all. The Men I Didn't Marry shows that visitng your past, truly does help you to identify with the self you have become. What better way to revisit your past, and find that life has so much waiting for you ahead. Expect the unexpected!
Murghi
Can it be that I've actually outgrown chick-lit? Because this excursion into crappy writing and stupid plotline was a total and utter waste of time. No enjoyment. Skimmed to the end, just in case something happened. It didn't. And just when I thought that a cover with a couple of skinny chicks with polka-dot high heels meant good light reading...
Kenia Roman
Demasiado sarcasmo estadounidense. Muchas cosas que aun no me explico. Si se caso joven, como aparece en el libro, ¿cómo pudo tener tantos novios?
Me gusto en algunas partes pero en otras se me hizo tedioso. Creí que leería un libro sobre como superar y continuar tu vida cuando tu marido se va pero no... No me gusto en lo personal.
Joy
I love that this book was not a sob story about a husband leaving his wife but instead a women who takes charge of her life. It must be difficult to be in the situation of these characters but I loved that the wife stood her ground and didnt give into her husband wanting to get back together. Great book.
Luann Holman
I really liked this book! I can relate being a middle-aged woman. I love that she moved on and was happy! Men always have so much control in a marraige when the mother stays at home,they leave and the woman is basically screwed. I liked that she was happy in her marriage, then found happiness after.
Merceda
I really enjoyed The Men I Didn't Marry. It had just the right number of subtle modern day references, and the pace was easy, but not slow. Plus, who wouldn't want to look up all their old bfs/gfs? Well, maybe not all...
Stephanie
Nov 27, 2007 Stephanie rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: the chick-lit set
Shelves: books-lite
If you've ever Googled your ex-boyfriends, this book--which is hardly great literature but is a fun read--is for you. In a nutshell, a middle-aged woman copes with her divorce by tracking down all of her old boyfriends.
Angel Perkins
I think everyone spends a little time now and again thinking about past lovers. Taking this journey with Hallie as she not only thinks about the men in her past but actually FINDS them all is quite entertaining.
  • Technical Hitch (Red Dress Ink Novels)
  • The Second Wives Club
  • Bed Rest
  • Gucci Gucci Coo
  • The Dominant Blonde
  • Pick Me Up
  • Fashionably Late
  • Whose Wedding Is It Anyway? (Red Dress Ink Novels)
  • Mean Season (Red Dress Ink Novels)
  • 616. Todo Es Infierno
  • My Life Uncovered
  • Loves Me, Loves Me Not
  • Crossing the Line (Jane Taylor, #2)
  • Rescue Me
  • Sleeping Over
  • The Nine Month Plan
  • I Did (But I Wouldn't Now) (Crandell Sisters, #2)
  • Wolves in Chic Clothing
Janice Kaplan was the Editor-in-Chief of Parade Magazine, the most widely read publication in America. Widely known for her achievements as a writer, television producer, and magazine editor, she was deputy editor of TV Guide magazine and executive producer of the TV Guide Television Group, where she created and produced television specials that aired primetime on ABC, FOX, VH1 and other networks. ...more
More about Janice Kaplan...
Mine Are Spectacular! The Botox Diaries Looks to Die For (Lacy Fields, #1) A Job to Kill For (Lacy Fields, #2) A Morning Affair