Start by marking “Maximilian Kolbe: Saint of Auschwitz” as Want to Read:
Maximilian Kolbe: Saint of Auschwitz

Maximilian Kolbe: Saint of Auschwitz

A biography of the Polish friar, canonized in 1982, who founded the Militia o the Immaculate, wrote numerous periodicals and newspapers, and while impriso in Auschwitz, sacrificed his life for another man.
Published May 1st 1997 by Paulist Press

To ask other readers questions about Maximilian Kolbe, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Maximilian Kolbe

booklady
“No one can alter truth. What we can do, and should do, is search for truth and then serve it when we have found it.” ~ St. Maximilian Kolbe

Concise, young adult biography of a Catholic priest who gave his life for Jewish husband and father, Francis Gajowniczek, imprisoned for helping the Polish Resistance. Mr. Gajowniczek was among those selected for punishment (locked in starvation cells to die of hunger and thirst) imposed on a bunker when one of its member prisoners goes missing. Kolbe volunt
Gale
May 12, 2013 Gale rated it liked it
EMBRACING THE SACRIFICE OF DUAL CROWNS

Specializing in the biographies of saints, Elaine Murray Stone presents here a pious but readable study on the life and Christian dedication of a Polish priest during World War II: Father Maximilian Kolbe. Using simple syntax and headlines within chapters the author offers interested readers a clear timeline of the events and challenges experienced by this devout Franciscan in wartorn Poland. The Paulist Press chose artist Patrick Kelley to provide accurate
Angie25
Jun 28, 2016 Angie25 rated it it was amazing
Wow!!!!
Sandy
Mar 20, 2013 Sandy rated it really liked it
I have heard such wonderful accounts of this man that I needed to read this book to fully understand his life and I was deeply touched when reading about the journey his life took. This book begins at the age of eight and tells about the spiritual journey he took until his death and then narrates how he became a Saint. To have such strength and faith is truly a testiment to his calling. Be ready, as a reader you will deal with many emotions as you read this novel and you might want to keep your ...more
Ed Smith
Jul 24, 2015 Ed Smith rated it really liked it
Great book, especially for the young adult set. It was the most I had ever read on this saint, and I was surprised at just how large and influential a figure he was in his time, especially since he is little-known today. I also learned from this book that there is museum devoted to him in Footdale, Pa. It's on my to-go-to list.
Mary
Jun 26, 2015 Mary rated it liked it
Shelves: young-adult
This is a young adult story. I learned a lot about this saint; he made a huge difference in the lives of many people in Poland and Japan. It also reinforces the horror (at the appropriate level for young adults) that was the holocaust.
Andrea Mudd
Jan 13, 2016 Andrea Mudd rated it it was amazing
I'm so glad that I read this short but wonderfully written bio of St. Maximilian Kolbe. His love of Jesus and his Immaculate Mother is a beautiful example.
SJ Loria
Mar 21, 2013 SJ Loria rated it really liked it
Read this book lots of times in middle school and was inspired enough to make thid guy my confirmation saint.

Another example of the power of martydom and the extraordinary human spirit.
Chrismpadgett Padgett
Jan 06, 2011 Chrismpadgett Padgett rated it really liked it
The life of St. Kolbe really touched me. I just wanted to read whatever I could find concerning him. My son Kolbe was named after this wonderful man of God.
Joanna
Joanna rated it it was amazing
Aug 29, 2012
Hannah  Barber
Hannah Barber rated it it was amazing
Dec 10, 2015
Mike
Mike rated it it was amazing
Jun 22, 2007
John Beckman
John Beckman rated it it was amazing
Jan 03, 2015
Dan
Dan rated it really liked it
Jan 03, 2015
Veronica
Veronica rated it really liked it
Oct 04, 2011
Debbie Sharum
Debbie Sharum rated it really liked it
Feb 03, 2014
Merilyn
Merilyn rated it it was amazing
Feb 11, 2017
Sylwia
Sylwia rated it really liked it
Feb 11, 2009
Leonard Leow
Leonard Leow rated it it was amazing
Dec 11, 2013
Adam Kolb
Adam Kolb rated it really liked it
Dec 17, 2016
1catholisalmon
1catholisalmon rated it it was amazing
Apr 04, 2015
Ladislav
Ladislav rated it really liked it
Jan 22, 2017
Lisa Oden
Lisa Oden rated it it was amazing
Nov 08, 2014
Tonja
Tonja rated it it was amazing
Jul 05, 2008
Elizabeth
Elizabeth rated it really liked it
Aug 18, 2013
Miroslav Kusalik
Miroslav Kusalik rated it it was amazing
Jun 28, 2016
Teresa
Teresa rated it it was amazing
Jun 14, 2016
Paul Henderson
Paul Henderson rated it liked it
Jan 09, 2016
Maria
Maria rated it it was amazing
Oct 21, 2014
Niruam
Niruam rated it really liked it
Sep 29, 2013