Start by marking “They Don't Exist” as Want to Read:
They Don't Exist

They Don't Exist

A young woman laughs it off when she's informed the room she's staying in for the night is haunted, because ghosts don't exist.

Or do they?
Nook, 0 pages
Published December 16th 2010 by J.R. Leckman, via Smashwords

Soph Hettsy
Jan 14, 2017 Soph Hettsy rated it it was ok
Despite it only being 15 pages long, I didn't expect the ending for some reason. That doesn't mean it was too great though.
Carrie Parsons
Mar 13, 2017 Carrie Parsons rated it really liked it
Loved this book, perfect coffee break read. Would recommend
Kristi Etherton
Feb 09, 2011 Kristi Etherton rated it did not like it
I'm writing this review as I read this short story.

Thr punctuation used leaves a bit to be desired. There are periods where semi-colons would be better, and there are commas where they aren't needed and do not make a stylistic difference.

The begining paragraph talks too much about cars. Or at least it seems to, due to the punctuation. To me, it seems like the same point could be made in a much better way.

The narrator confuses me. First, he doesn't want the woman to know the room is haunted. The
Brittany Marshall
Sep 19, 2014 Brittany Marshall rated it liked it
I didn't like how the book was short. But it had nice details and suspicion. If the book where longer it would've been better.
The main character was very hard headed and stuck up in a way. I think the main character made the book good because she wasn't curious like in most books. She really didn't care and it made her look brave. But in actuality she wasn't deep down she was scared but she didn't show it till the end of the book.
Kim
A quick short story, good for killing a few minutes. It had a fun-creepy feeling to it, like the Twilight Zone or Tales from the Crypt.

(You knew it was coming, but you jumped anyway, right?)

Nook freebie.
Naomi
Aug 09, 2011 Naomi rated it did not like it
They Don't Exist is a prime example of why I am not a huge fan of short stories. Normally, I would still give a short story of a minimum of 3 stars, but this one was just really goofy and bounced around, to boot.
Michaela
3.5 stars. Nice little short story. The end was the only part I thought was kind've creepy. (view spoiler)
Connie Keenan
Jan 01, 2012 Connie Keenan rated it liked it
Not bad at all for a free short story. Some issues with the editing, but other than that it kept me reading until the surprise at the end. It was entertaining!
April
Jan 30, 2012 April rated it liked it
This e-book was fairly good. However, I would have loved to see it expanded upon. I think that there is much more of the story that could be told.
Jan 29, 2012 Jennifer rated it liked it
This was a quick short story, but would have made a better long story. Just the right amount of spookienes for me.
Dennis
Jun 11, 2016 Dennis rated it it was amazing
I think stories like this make you understand when someone says fear consumes them. Not fast, but slowly walking you in. That's what happened to her, with a great ending.
Caleb mawyer
Mar 06, 2013 Caleb mawyer rated it liked it
Shelves: 3-1-star-review
the ending was the best part! *shiver* A fun quick story. there were some editing problems, but over all a great story.
Anna
Jul 06, 2016 Anna rated it liked it
description

Myra
Myra rated it liked it
Apr 28, 2012
Hannah Parker
Hannah Parker rated it liked it
Jan 26, 2016
Kristin
Kristin rated it it was amazing
Dec 04, 2015
Roxie Prince
Roxie Prince rated it it was ok
Jun 25, 2013
Malintha
Malintha rated it really liked it
Dec 12, 2012
Mide Ajagbe
Mide Ajagbe rated it liked it
Feb 11, 2015
Melissa Anderson
Melissa Anderson rated it did not like it
Oct 30, 2015
Jasmine
Jasmine rated it liked it
Mar 21, 2016
Jeanine
Jeanine rated it really liked it
Nov 10, 2011
Makayla Stamper
Makayla Stamper rated it it was amazing
Sep 18, 2015
Laurel
Laurel rated it it was ok
Jan 11, 2012
PC0101
PC0101 rated it did not like it
Jul 17, 2013
Sara Myers
Sara Myers rated it it was ok
Sep 09, 2014
Sophie Hasler
Sophie Hasler rated it did not like it
Dec 22, 2015
Evelyn De lara
Evelyn De lara rated it it was ok
Jan 13, 2013
Michael
Michael rated it liked it
Jun 02, 2015
Robert
Robert rated it really liked it
Mar 07, 2011
« previous 1 3 next »
The morning I was born, my father had just finished working the graveyard shift at a cemetery on Halloween night. He was still in his zombie makeup. That was my introduction to horror.

My name is J.R. Leckman. Growing up, I found a ceaseless fascination with the written word. One of my prized possessions is a trophy my parents got for me in kindergarten for "Excellence in Reading." At that time, it
More about J.R. Leckman...