Start by marking “With No Remorse (Black Ops, #6)” as Want to Read:
With No Remorse (Black Ops, #6)

With No Remorse (Black Ops Inc. #6)

4.3 of 5 stars 4.30  ·  rating details  ·  3,049 ratings  ·  155 reviews
His quiet vacation in the Peruvian Andes turns deadly when a Black Ops, Inc. operative rescues a stunning stranger from a mysterious train robbery and discovers she's the target of a vengeful manhunt.

A Dangerous Man

For Luke Colter, downtime is an illusion. He should know better than to ever leave his gun behind, especially since now he's risking his life to save world-famo
Mass Market Paperback, 360 pages
Published July 19th 2011 by Pocket Star (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about With No Remorse, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about With No Remorse

A Lot like Love by Julie JamesBreaking Point by Pamela ClareHead Over Heels by Jill ShalvisShadowfever by Karen Marie MoningLover Unleashed by J.R. Ward
Top 3 Romance Reads - 2011
35th out of 610 books — 1,058 voters
Something About You by Julie JamesA Lot like Love by Julie JamesWild Card by Lora LeighUnlawful Contact by Pamela ClareThe Darkest Hour by Maya Banks
I Love A Man In Uniform
132nd out of 1,000 books — 991 voters

More lists with this book...

Auntee
Eek! I just accidentally deleted my review! And just when I was finished, too. I think I want to cry....:(

Okay then, just my thoughts:

While not my favorite of the series, I certainly enjoyed it. Pretty hard to compete with my favorite, Whisper No Lies though.

I've always loved former Navy SEAL Luke (Doc Holliday) Colter. In this book he's got some doubts about his life and career and wondering if he still has his edge, which made his journey more emotional. And after what happened to him in the p
Buggy
Opening Line: “Luke Colter’s number one rule of self preservation: Don’t ignore the itch.”

How great is it to be back with the BOI’s of Black-Ops Inc? I’ve seriously missed this series, as its been over a year since the last book and I think its one of the best romantic suspense's running right now. With this 6th instalment Cindy Gerard doesn’t disappoint either because we finally get Doc’s story and it's oh SO good.

I knew this fun loving cowboy medic would steal my heart I just didn’t expect to
Jess
Review posted: Happily Ever After - Reads

The story opens with Luke, wondering, what now? Why is he doing this? Risking his life on missions, for what? He’s struggling to move past a near death injury that happened a year ago, and he’s a self-described ghost. Going through the motions, but not really there. It was a sobering reality of a Luke we hadn’t seen throughout the series. On the outside, he’s our fun loving, poker playing, medic. On the inside, he’s suffering. He feels very adrift, not re
Glamdring
*Spoiler free review*

“Luke Colter's number one rule of self-preservation: Don't ignore the itch."

"Luke Colter's second rule of self-preservation: Don't second-guess rule number one.”

I L O V E D With No Remorse!
There is not one thing I didn’t love in this book.
This is Luke “Doc” Holliday’s story. He is one of my favorite character in the series from the very beginning and he didn't disappoint.

I usually love how she starts her stories, but I loved it even more with this one. Luke and Val relatio
Wendy
WOW, what a thrilling and wonderful ride this was! Cindy Gerard has done it again! I'd actually forgotten how much I've missed the BOI boys until I started reading this. I love them all, and always thought myself a Johnny Reed girl, I still am. But Luke 'Doc' Colter you've won my heart too! Fantabulous read!
~J~ Riverina Romantics
4.5 HEARTS

Luke 'Doc Holliday' Colter is all sorts of yummy, blended with uber masculinity and a heart touched by Midas himself.

Valentina Chamberlin is the epitome of sexiness. A model and world famous hottie she definitely gave Luke a run for his money.

Yet another match ignited in the worst experience which grew to a love that made my heart clench with their 'happily ever after.'

Cindy Gerard writes vivid romantic suspense. The drama is palpable, each heart racing action scene making me clench m
Jacqueline
Another good romantic suspense from Cindy Gerard. The characterization of the hero was very well done and most of the book was from his perspective. He was having some sort of a 'what should I do with my life' crisis and worked it out over the course of the book.

The heroine was fairly well done. She did grow over the course of the book. She wasn't a very strong person character wise and she knew it and tried to step up and take care of herself as the book went on instead of relying on men to tak
Dee
Another fantastic book to add to the BOI's collection. I have rated all of the books in the series 5 stars and this deserves that rating too. I have loved every single one of them and am sad that I have now finished but at least I only have to wait a few weeks as Joe's story is due to be released at the end of the month.

I loved Luke and he came very close to knocking Gabe off the my number one spot. I really liked Valentina too - Even though she was rich and famous she was very down to earth and
Robin *loves sexy books*
Loved it!! What a great addition to the series I've waited for Lukes book forever, he's been one of my favorites all through the series. So sad that the next book will be the last but am so looking forward to it.
SheLove2Read
So many other in depth reviews on this book already, so I'm just going to go with like and dislikes.

LOVED Luke "Doc" Colter! And the comparisons with Indiana Jones were priceless. I've been waiting for his story since the beginning and Gerard delivered.

Kinda liked Valentina. She was a hard heroine to like and I don't know if that was the authors intentions or not but it's my opinion. Even with her background of traumatic situations, I still felt she was a bit of a priss at times. The major TSTL
Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter
"Follow your heart, but be quiet for a while first. Ask questions, then FEEL the answer. Learn to trust your heart."

Gosh, what's not to love about Luke? I love his sense of humor and he's sexy as sin, sensual, strong, caring and he's got enough self-doubts to make him human and accessible to my humble self. And he's got a heart of gold. Luke is worth your time and money and deserves five stars. The plot is good, there is enough action and romance and as always you get to see a lot of his "brothe
 ~V~

**4 1/2 stars**

Wow, i really liked this one a lot! The first book Show No Mercy and the Hero in that book, Gabe, have been my favorite in this series until NOW..holy cow is Luke "Doc" Colter sexy!! He's a former SEAL, a medic, he's a total alpha but he's also super sweet and soooo funny!!

The books starts off with Luke on a train, in Peru, in the middle of the night..he's been on a couple week vacation from the BOI group he works for and is heading to Cuzco to catch his flight back home. A group
Gina
Another great story! I really love Luke, sweet, sexy, funny I just wanted to wrap my arms around this man! He is currently on vacation and trying to come to emotionally recover from a very bad gunshot, trying to decide if he still can do his job. On a train he runs into Valentina the hollywood star of his dreams and boyhood fantasies. Someone is chasing her and Luke is not going to let that happen.

I liked the action in this story and of course the BOI's are back! One of the best parts of these
Carey Baldwin
Jul 10, 2011 Carey Baldwin rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: everyone
Whenever I pick up a Cindy Gerard novel, I expect to be transported to a world that, although very real, is someplace I can never access on my own. I expect that she will suck me in so deep, I’ll feel the reality of that world as clearly as my own. In WITH NO REMORSE, she delivers in spades.

From the first page, I’m drawn to Luke (Doc). I’m inside the head of a warrior and privy to not only his courage, but his self-doubt and vulnerability. Likewise, Val’s need to gain some semblance of control
Kathrynn
Terrific story that I found fun to read not only watching the characters grow, but how the pages were kicking with "stuff." Book started right off and never stopped. Woven by one of the experts, this tale did not disappoint This Reader at all. Loved the romance between the H/h.

Luke "Doc" Holiday finally got his turn between the covers, literally. Valentina was his fantasy supermodel come to life. How these two met was fate or a fluke? How they loved was very emotional.

Most of the story took pl
Pamela(AllHoney)
The sixth in the Black Ops series. It's been a while since I've read any of this series but it was easy to dive in and remember who was who. Lots of action and a few TSTL moments but overall a enjoyable and exciting read.
Brandi
Sharon

Rating: 5 out of 5 stars

I have loved everything I have read by author Cindy Gerard and have come to depend on her to deliver a thrilling Romantic Suspense and ‘With No Remorse’ certainly didn’t disappoint, it kept me riveted and awake until all hours.

‘With No Remorse’ is the 6th installment in the Black Ops Inc. series and featured alpha hero, Luke ‘Doc’ Colter who is about to return to work at Black Ops Inc. after a 2 week vacation in the Peruvian Andes whe
TJ
If one loves romantic suspense, Cindy Gerard is the place to go for a satisfying fix every time! Her writing is intelligent, her knowledge of the subject shines through and not only intrigues but educates as well. Her guys are drop-dead, breathtakingly sigh-worthy, military alphas (oh, YUM!) and her gals are (usually) sympathetic, believable women who overcome and grow as people while falling for those men.

I've loved the character of Luke "Doc." Colter throughout this series and Ms. Gerard did n
Anne OK
Another wonderful read in the "BOI" series. As anxious as I am for Joe and Stephanie's book, I do hate to see this series end. Gerard crafts a great storyline and always captivates my attention from the first page to the last page. Luke "Doc" and Valentina made a great match, it was good to revisit the other guys and their significant others, and get a sneak peak at what's next.
Keri
This was a great read, at times I had a hard time liking Valentina and other times Luke got on my nerves. But in the end it all worked out and their romance worked for me. I love the epilogues and we get a glimpse of how everybody is doing. I will be sad to see this series end. I fallen in love with all these men at one time or another.
Hbeebti
Oh man, how I loved this book! Gabe is still my man but I think Doc is my number 2 guy. But we shall see after I read about Joe. Oh man poor Joe! I need to get to his book ASAP!
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)

If you’re ever looking for some Romantic Suspense titles to read, you absolutely NEED to read Cindy Gerard’s Black Ops Inc series (BOI). Not only is there a stunning amount of action and suspense in each of these novels, but I feel like Gerard really knows her stuff about the dangerous locations and the conflicts that the characters encounter in each of the books. While so much research must have gone into the stories, it never once feels bogged down with information, politics or conflict. In f
Cindi
I don't think I've ever given a Cindy Gerard book less than 4 stars, she's just that good. She's one of my fav authors and her BOI's are some of my all-time favs as well (and I didn't think I'd ever like a group of heros better than her Bodyguards!!!). This is Luke's story - we've previously met him as ex-SEAL nicknamed "Doc Holliday" - and it picks up with his recovering from a near-death experience in his last mission. He has physically healed from being gut-shot but now is hearing his mom's w ...more
Kathy Davie
Sixth in the Black Ops, Inc. romantic suspense series revolving around the BOIs. The focus is on Luke Colter and Valentina Chamberlain.

My Take
Ooh, baby, every boy's wet dream, making it with the woman he fantasized about as a teen! For we ladies, hmmm, I do like where Valentina's thoughts are taking her with regard to Luke. A fedora that reminds her of Indiana Jones...I can get down with that!

There is no end to the action in this one! A daring train bail-out, clambering through the mountains, a
Kayla
Third Review:
Read November 25, 2014-December 3, 2014

Well it ended the same, imagine that! (I have all my favorite spots dog eared.)

Second Review:

Read August 25, 2013-August 31, 2013

Love this book! Enough said. ;)

First review:

Read November 22, 2012-November 24, 2012

A.M.A.Z.I.N.G. I was glued to this book from start to finish. There was never a dull moment!

Luke "Doc Holliday" Colter is on his way back from his annual trip to Peru. While on a night train to Cuzco, a band of "banditos" take charge o
Reba Dom
I feel I should start with a disclaimer. I was sick when I read this book so its possible that is what lead to my less-than-pleased opinion. The story line was entirely too unbelievable. People like Angelina Jolie don't just set out on their own in foreign countries just because they want to discover themselves. But I could overlook that part. What bothered me was how pathetic Luke sounded when he talked about being a lifetime fan. It just stripped away his badassness to me. He's been on mission ...more
Nicole
Review originally posted here: http://thebookpushers.com/2011/07/11/...

Publisher: Pocket
Publish Date: July 19th
How I got this book: Simon & Shuster Galley Grab

This was my first Gerard read, and I’ll admit that the moment I finished reading this one, I went to see if my local library had the other books in the series! I enjoyed the premise of the Black Ops, Inc. team and look forward to going back and reading the rest of the stories.

Luke is on the final leg of his vacation, and dreading getti
♡ Sassy ~ Amy ♡
4.5

Another great installment of the Black Ops series.

I absolutely love all the Black Ops mission stories, and this one was just as good with an obvious plot to lead into the last book of this series.

I did have one little quirp with the personality of the heroine Val. She was a "great defender" of her ex husband, and it just bothered me. He deserved to be bashed by everyone who pointed out his wrongs, but that was part of the story. It worked.

The relationship between Doc & Val was great. I
  • Sweet Justice (Last Chance Rescue, #7)
  • Time to Run (SEAL Team 12, #3)
  • In the Air Tonight (Shadow Force, #3)
  • Face of Danger (The Guardian Angelinos, #3)
  • No Turning Back (Suspense Series, #3)
  • Hot Zone (Elite Force #2)
  • Deadly Promises (Includes: B.A.D. Series, #4.5; Black Ops, Inc., #5.5; Tracers, #4.5)
  • Breaking Point (I-Team, #5)
195778
The only thing Cindy had in mind when she started writing her first book was finishing it. The issue of actually selling it came much later. Only after she made that life-altering first sale did she realize that one book would never be enough. Now, over 20 books and numerous awards later, Cindy laughingly admits that she can barely remember life before...well, was there life before writing?

Actuall
More about Cindy Gerard...
Show No Mercy (Black Ops, #1) To the Edge (The Bodyguards, #1) Whisper No Lies (Black Ops, #3) Take No Prisoners (Black Ops, #2) Feel the Heat (Black Ops, #4)

“Now let's try that again. Ask my wife nice, and maybe I'll let you sleep in the same bed as your teeth tonight.” 9 likes
“Hey, Tink," Reed called to his wife. He'd given up on the poker game and was cradling the little pink handle that was Mariah Savage in his arms. "Look how cute she is. I think I want one. S'pose we can stop by Walmart and pick up one just like her.?"
Chrystal glanced up from her cards and gave her husband a look.
"Three o'clock feedings. Smelly diapers. Responsability."
"Oh. Right. I'd have to grow up.”
7 likes