Start by marking “Fire Engine Man” as Want to Read:
Fire Engine Man

Fire Engine Man (Andrea & David's "Man" Books)

3.51 of 5 stars 3.51  ·  rating details  ·  84 ratings  ·  15 reviews
Calling all preschoolers--grab a hose and ladder--it's time to put out fires!

Alarm rings. Lights flash. Sirens sound--FIRE!

Here comes the fire engine man. Dressed from head to toe in special gear, he drives his trusty fire truck to the scene and puts the fire out. It's all in a day's work for this brave firefighter.

Told in simple words from a little boy's point of view, th
Published April 17th 2007 by Henry Holt and Co. (BYR)

To ask other readers questions about Fire Engine Man, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fire Engine Man

Jane
This is a simple book about a little boy who would like to be a fire engine man and all the things he plans to do when he is one. There is also a nice theme running through the book about his little brother and how he would show his little brother all of the things he does. The illustrations are simple but sweet and my 2yo son loved to look at them.
Yahira Romero
This book was really cute. The words are small and beginning readers could read this book. The illustrations are wonderful. This book was about a little boy who wanted to be a firefighter The little boy described the life of a firefighter and how his brother could also be one when he got older. I enjoyed reading this book!
Vicki
A young boy imagines what it is to be a firefighter!
Elizabeth
First off, I LOVED the illustrations in this book! I will be checking out the other Zimmerman & Clemesha on my next library visit for that reason.
I picked this book up for my two year old who loves firetrucks. I did like that it had simple sentences that fit a toddler's attention span, but the sentences didn't flow well together. It was hard to get a rhythm going while reading, and that was the main reason I didn't particularly enjoy the story overall.
Phoebe
A great book for little ones learning to read.... A lot of sight words and new ones they need to sound out too. Matthew went through it pretty quickly; Daniel took a little longer but was still engaged. The illustrations capture little boys' imaginations about being a firefighter, and I love that the main character is so nice toward his little brother.

Format: Hardcover, Rodeo Library
Ingrid
This is another in the Digger Man series....which I have loved since my kids were tiny. Part of what I love about these books is the big brother/little brother dynamic. The illustrations are charming. There is good informational content too, at a very basic level. I nice story for little boys who are into firemen and their parents who are sick of reading about fire trucks.
Sterrett Family
[Gabriel] It's good because it encourages kids to be what they want to be, but it's not reasonable because if you're a kid you can't drive a fire truck. 2 stars

[Matthew] I liked the pictures. 2 stars

[Daniel] The pictures were awesome. 5 stars

Read aloud by Gabriel on 1/7/13
Bobby
I'm so tired of reading this book to my son. Since I brought it home from the library we're averaging about 2 reads a day. Simple story with basic illustration, but my he loves it so it must connect on some level that I don't understand.
Tara
Very simple text and colorful pictures tell the story of a young boy who would like to be a "fire engine man" when he grows up. The side story of him being a big brother and his friendship with his little brother is also very touching.
Anj
My 2 year old son loved this book. We might have some unhappiness when it gets returned to the library. It's not literary genius but enjoyable enough. The illustrations were really nice.
Edna
Sweet book a young boy who wants to be a fireman and share the experience with a younger sibling. (Toddler)
Kerry
Another good choice for those looking for books and stories about fire fighters.
Beverly
Very nice illustrations and a very short text.
Kelly Rae
Storytime - Fire Safety!
Jen Vaughan
Jen Vaughan marked it as to-read
Nov 08, 2014
Nikki
Nikki added it
Oct 16, 2014
Andie
Andie marked it as to-read
Sep 17, 2014
Laura added it
Aug 29, 2014
Chris
Chris added it
Aug 28, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Andrea Zimmerman and David Clemesha are married and have created several children’s books together, including Digger Man, Fire Engine Man and Trashy Town, an ALA Notable Book. Zimmerman was born in Ohio and grew up in New York, Utah and California. When she was young, she loved exploring nature, reading comic books, and riding her horse. She studied fine arts for children in college, then later we ...more
More about Andrea Zimmerman...
Trashy Town Digger Man Dig! Train Man Eliza's Cherry Trees: Japan's Gift to America