Start by marking “A Taste of Texas (Oak Stand, #4)” as Want to Read:
A Taste of Texas (Oak Stand, #4)

A Taste of Texas (Oak Stand #4)

3.80  ·  Rating Details  ·  90 Ratings  ·  18 Reviews
Returning to Oak Stand, Texas, doesn't mean things haven't panned out for Rayne Rose. In fact, she's a celebrity chef so successful she desperately needs her equilibrium! Fixing up her aunt's B and B is the perfect step back. But how's Rayne supposed to get perspective with Brent Hamiltonthe best friend who broke her heartnext door?

Beauty in motion. That was Brent thenand

Mass Market Paperback, Harlequin SuperRomance #1705, 281 pages
Published May 3rd 2011 by Harlequin (first published May 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about A Taste of Texas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Taste of Texas

Under a Texas Sky by Dorothy GarlockThe Texan's Twins by Pamela BrittonThe Texan's Baby by Donna AlwardTexas Destiny by Lorraine HeathTexas Twist by Cynthia D'Alba
Romance Novels with Texas in the Title
34th out of 72 books — 5 voters
Big Bad Beast by Shelly LaurenstonFeel the Heat by Kate MeaderHyde and Seek by Layla FrostWild Man by Kristen AshleyMirepoix by Paige Conners
Sexy Chef Romance
35th out of 54 books — 4 voters

More lists with this book...

Vanessa
May 18, 2011 Vanessa rated it really liked it
Widowed, Rayne Rose Albright returns to her hometown with her young son in tow. She’s looking to find something that she hasn’t been able to find in the city. Perhaps it is a reconnection with a childhood sweetheart or perhaps it is just some inner peace and closure that she needs. She needs to just breathe!

Brent Hamilton hates himself. He hates what he is – as opposed to who he really is. For the past 15-16 years he has been living the life that should have been his older brother’s, but now he
May 06, 2011 Sarah rated it really liked it
I loved the town, the heroine's son, the aunt and above all the writing. Talley has some truly beautiful phrases in this book. even the sensual scenes, which I often skim, were eloquent and original.

I wish the heroine hadn't spent so much freaking time waffling and whining and going over and over her conflicts ad nauseum. She spent a lot of pages going over the same problems and it became redundant and diminished her character.

But I will definitely stop for Talley books in the future. Her writi
Elizabeth
Author’s should take care of who they insult. SOmething a character said at the beginning of the book annoyed me so much that I nearly DNF’d in the first chapter. I ended up enjoying it, but it’s that throw-off comment that sticks with me.

This book’s a decent example of what the Super Romance Imprint has to offer. Contemporary characters, with a female heroine who does not simper at the mere site of a hot man, though she does feel attracted to him. Rayne had been in love with her best friend Br
Gail
I liked this one a lot. It's a reunion story about a couple whose romance never really got off the ground back when. The heroine is now widowed and the hero is ready to drop the facade he's lived behind and become who he really is.

Talley kind of skimmed over the fact that, yes, you do drive over prairie heading east from DFW airport but it's through city for a good hour and a half. And you're in the East Texas Piney Woods well before you get to the Tyler exits. Prairie stops an hour or so east o
ReaderOz
May 18, 2011 ReaderOz rated it it was ok
Good premise, tedious execution

This is a good story. Good premise, good characters. However, it was too slow for me. Superromances can be great or mediocre, and by halfway through A Taste of Texas, I was bored. We spent too much time inside the hero's and heroine’s heads while they rehashed thoughts about where their lives were – or weren’t – heading. There was more introspection than plot.

There’s a lot of potential with this book: as a teenager the heroine’s heart was broken by the hero. She co
Elisa Beatty
May 24, 2011 Elisa Beatty rated it it was amazing
Liz Talley's voice is wonderfully breezy and fresh--it's like having a girlfriend talking to you over a nice glass of wine. With a really sexy, shirtless guy nearby.

I've loved loved loved the whole Oak Stand, Texas series; Talley has created a wonderful, homey town full of terrific characters, and it's a place that seems to heal hurts for a great many people. I was really wondering how Talley was going to manage to redeem unrepentant ladies's man Brent Hamilton from the earlier books and turn hi
Maureen Howard
Feb 12, 2014 Maureen Howard rated it it was amazing
This story is just what the chef ordered! Liz once again does not fail to impress. The fear of a single mother to overcome what had once broke her heart. And the strength of a man too long buried in an image of what everyone expects him to be. Lets not forget the sexy passion between the two. What recipe could be better. I hope everyone joins me in enjoying this addition to the wonderful world of Oak Stand Texas!
Robyn Rychards
Aug 28, 2014 Robyn Rychards rated it it was amazing
I thoroughly enjoy Liz Talley's authentic, lovable, Southern characters and this one lived up to expectations! Thanks for an great read!
Jeannie Lin
Feb 04, 2012 Jeannie Lin rated it it was amazing
As a foodie, I am an absolute sucker for books with cooking subplots. In this one, the heroine is a celebrity chef who is recuperating in her hometown and helping her aunt start a bed and breakfast. This was a second chance sort of romance with a flawed hero who is trying to be a better man and a girl who was once picked on who has now come into her own. Wonderful comfort read with great secondary characters.
Joy
Jun 14, 2011 Joy rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
When a celebrity chef returns to her home town of Oak Stand, Texas, she must face the man she used to love--the local womanizer, former football hero, and coach, who hides his sensitive artistic side. Also Bubba gets a city girl! Another great offering from Talley.
Brandy
Nov 27, 2011 Brandy rated it liked it
A good read that felt a little drawn out. Emotions were touched on and got halfway there but I didn't think they were explored/explained to the fullest. I never felt invested in the characters or the outcome even though I liked them well enough.
Mary Pitre
Jan 08, 2014 Mary Pitre rated it it was amazing
Loved it. Can't wait to read other books in the series
Diana Layne
Feb 06, 2012 Diana Layne rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love Liz Talley's Oak Stand books, I've read them all and love that small town (I live in a small Texas town), just haven't added them all to Goodreads as I'm still learning how to use this!
Yona
Jan 06, 2013 Yona rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
The book wasn't too bad but it was kind of boring.
Darynda Jones
Sep 27, 2011 Darynda Jones rated it it was amazing
I just love Liz's books!!! Fun and oh-so romantic.
Angel
Mar 09, 2015 Angel rated it it was amazing
Great Great book!!!! I loved it!!!
Harlequin Books
DJ
DJ marked it as to-read
Aug 07, 2016
Ruth Lafler
Ruth Lafler rated it liked it
Jun 25, 2016
VGCC Libraries
VGCC Libraries marked it as to-read
Jun 23, 2016
Nizam uddin
Nizam uddin rated it really liked it
Jun 16, 2016
Kate
Kate marked it as to-read
Jun 12, 2016
Danielle Urban
Danielle Urban marked it as to-read
Jun 10, 2016
Paris
Paris marked it as to-read
Jun 07, 2016
Teigan Crowe
Teigan Crowe marked it as to-read
Jun 04, 2016
Val
Val added it
May 31, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • The Millionaire She Married (Bravo Family, #5; Conveniently Yours, #5)
  • Secret Sins
  • The Long Shot (The Fallon Brothers, #1)
  • The Duchess's Next Husband (Harlequin Historical, #751)
  • The Other Soldier (Castle Creek, #1)
  • Wedded Bliss
  • The Family Plan
  • His Wife for One Night
  • The Wilder Sisters
  • The Mistress Wife
  • Never Call It Love
  • Love Unspoken
  • Bring Him Home (Special Forces, #3)
  • A Valentine Wedding
  • Caught on Camera (Harlequin Blaze #608)
  • Promises Under the Peach Tree
  • A Marine for Christmas
  • Lady of Quality
I unashamedly read, write and love romance books. I adore the weight of a book in hand and the anticipation of a happy ending. I love the journey, the word play and the magic of story. Nothing's better than reading a good book...except writing one. You can learn more about me and my award-winning romances at http://www.liztalleybooks.com
More about Liz Talley...

Oak Stand (5 books)
  • Vegas Two-Step (Oak Stand, #1)
  • The Way to Texas (Oak Stand, #2)
  • A Little Texas (Oak Stand, #3)
  • A Touch of Scarlet (Oak Stand, #5)