Start by marking “The Way to Texas (Harlequin Super Romance)” as Want to Read:
The Way to Texas (Harlequin Super Romance)

The Way to Texas (Oak Stand #2)

4.1 of 5 stars 4.10  ·  rating details  ·  39 ratings  ·  8 reviews
Her stay in Oak Stand, Texas, is only temporary. After a series of setbacks, Dawn Taggert is giving herself one year to pull everything together so she can start over somewhere else. No putting down roots here. No romantic entanglements. No exceptions!

Not even the very persuasive Tyson Hart can change that. A contractor looking for a fresh start himself, Tyson is the type

Published (first published November 30th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about The Way to Texas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Way to Texas

Maureen Howard
What a wonderful book! This one had me from the very first page! Everyone knows about best laid plans and all that. But no planner has a neat orderly column for love. Dawn is so sure everything can fit right into neat little squares. Tyson is just such the man to show her how to look beyond such schedules to claim her happiness. But when you throw teenagers and exs into the mix your sure to get more than you bargained for. But in a town like Oak Stand where there's no such thing as private busin ...more
Kelly Fitzpatrick
You had me at "It's a known fact that when a woman can't find her day planner, all hell will break loose."
Fedora
Dawn Taggert is in Oak Stand, Texas, to take a break from her life in Houston and to do a favor for her brother and his pregnant wife. She's temporarily running the senior center while they get settled in, and during their first months with the new baby.

Tyson Hart is back in Oak Stand working as a contractor. About to finalize a divorce from a wife who stepped out on him while he was stationed overseas, he's looking for a fresh start, too.

Dawn and Tyson are a pleasing duo, but I can't say the sa
Elisa Beatty
This is the very first book I read on my brand-new Kindle...and it made me forget I was even using new technology. I meant to just read a little, but couldn't stop til I reached the very last page. Very, very sweet and very funny--Talley has such a brilliant eye for character and the hilarity of small-town life. I thoroughly enjoyed her first book, VEGAS TWO-STEP, as well, and her third book A LITTLE TEXAS is next up on my Kindle. A heartwarming romance! Makes me wish Oak Stand, Texas was a real ...more
Joy
Two single parents of teenagers(!) find love when she hires him to renovate the senior center in a small Texas town. Much better than I made it sound!

If you like Kristan Higgins and/or Jeannie Watt you will probably also like Liz Talley.
Mary Pitre
Enjoyed the book Can't wait for the next one.
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: Hometown U.S.A.
Jamie
Jamie marked it as to-read
Jun 02, 2015
Janet Senk
Janet Senk marked it as to-read
Apr 29, 2015
Sweetpea
Sweetpea marked it as to-read
Apr 08, 2015
Susan
Susan marked it as to-read
Mar 07, 2015
namericanwordcat
namericanwordcat marked it as to-read
Dec 21, 2014
Rettah
Rettah added it
Sep 04, 2014
Anna Johnson
Anna Johnson marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2014
Amy
Amy marked it as to-read
Jul 09, 2014
Christine Hatfield
Christine Hatfield marked it as to-read
Jun 14, 2014
Joan
Joan added it
Apr 15, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
My life has always been papered with novels. From traditional Harlequin romances to epic books like Lonesome Dove, my reading interests are vast. I can't imagine a life without coffee, hot tamale candy and a book in hand. I write romance, but I read every genre...except sci-fi. But I can be persuaded.
More about Liz Talley...

Oak Stand (5 books)
  • Vegas Two-Step (Oak Stand, #1)
  • A Little Texas (Oak Stand, #3)
  • A Taste of Texas (Oak Stand, #4)
  • A Touch of Scarlet (Oak Stand, #5)
Vegas Two-Step (Oak Stand, #1) Cowboys for Christmas A Taste of Texas (Oak Stand, #4) A Little Texas (Oak Stand, #3) The Sweetest September (Home in Magnolia Bend)