Start by marking “Baked: A Hammer Novel” as Want to Read:
Baked: A Hammer Novel

Baked: A Hammer Novel (Hammer #7)

3.67  ·  Rating Details  ·  509 Ratings  ·  34 Reviews
When his younger twin brothers Darius and Devin wreck everything in his life in just a few short days, big brother Clay decides to enlist the help of a friend. Bake is a top at a club called the Hammer, and knows just how to handle two subby boys, even if no one else can tell them apart. Bake is a twin himself, and knows about the special kind of bond that creates. Dare an ...more
Published August 11th 2010 by Torquere Press (first published August 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Baked, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Baked

Emma Sea
Sometimes I wonder if I have a secret other self who is a crack addict. When I see I have voluntarily rated this book a 4 that seems the only explanation.

However, I realise there is usually a special time and place when I read SM books. Did:

* someone make me cry?
* I get a work project rejected?
* I feel like a utter failure?
* I get two hours sleep the night before?

On these days when I get home I literally crawl onto my bed with my e-reader, pull the covers up, and pretend the rest of the world is
Vivian
Wonder twins activate
In form of alliteration
In shape of BBQ condiments

Seriously, with characters names like Bake and Bean or Dev and Dare you've just got to let it go. Let it go. Stop singing!

This is a longer offering because who've got two sets of twins interacting in relationships. One's twincest with kink (spanking and submission) and the other just likes sex. Whichever team you end up in this alternating story, you get lots of sex. SM doesn't skimp. Honestly, I was hoping for more twincest t
Lily
This story is part of the author's A Hammer Novel series but can be read as a standalone without a problem.

Bake and Bean are twins and although they share many similarities they are very different when it comes to sex. Bake is a Dom and into the scene at club Hammer while Bean is straight vanilla with no interest in BDSM. One night Bake and Bean are approached by Clay who is upset with his younger brother's recent acting up. He's brought Dev and Dare, who are twins and subs, to Bake for some con
Leah
3.5 stars *sigh* I don't know why I do this to myself. I keep saying SM's work is junkfood. If you've read one SM book you know darned well what the others are going to be like: Pretty boy, Pretty man, Pretty man boy, Yours, Mine, Fuck Yeah, so full, Love, I need, Fucking A...and so on.
But that's not what I didn't like about this installment of the Hammer series. I felt like the other reviewers, that Bake and the twins' story should have been separated from Bean and Clay's. Don't get me started
Serena Yates
Aug 15, 2010 Serena Yates rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: gay, m-m-m
I really liked this story about two brothers who become involved with a brother and his younger twin brothers. It all sounds very complicated, and to a degree it is, but reading the story and following the couples was easy enough. It was also very funny in places.

As with many of Sean Michaels's stories, the plot isn't very involved, the focus is on the developing relationships. As usual, there is lots of hot sex, some kinky (the brother "in charge" of the two subby twins has his hands full), som
JenMcJ
Aug 15, 2010 JenMcJ rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
There are two stories going on. One D/s/s and one totally vanilla. The vanilla story was very boring. The D/s/s story is twincest. It's okay but it was hard for me to like one of the twins and at times I felt the Dom (his name is Bake - ugh for the name) seemed ineffective when it came to helping the boys manage their life outside the bedroom.
~ Lei ~ Reading Is An Adventure ~
I like lots o' smut in my reads, but the couple of Sean Michael books I've read have almost too much, and seriously, I'm not complaining, much, just know that going in.

We have parallel stories with two sets of twins, Bake and Bean, (yep), both start romances with another set of brothers - Bake with bratty sub twins that he's had his eyes on for over a year - Devin and Darius and Bean with the twin's singleton brother, Clay.

Bake and the twins is the hotter couple as far as I'm concerned (view spo
Taintedskyee (Books Books&More Books)
I think the author was in comparing mood while writing this story...lol.Jokes apart it was a nice comparing tale of vanilla and bdsm,no the author didn't compare but reading one chapter of vanilla and the next spicy twincent bdsm almost gave a feel of comparison.
This book should have been named Story of brothers than Hammer....lol
Bake and Bean being twins,Bake falling for both twins Dev & Dare and Bean falling for Clay the elder brother of Dev & Dare. So the apt title should be Brothers
Tam
Feb 19, 2011 Tam rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m, m-m-m, bdsm, twincest
This is a Hammer book. I've never read anything in this universe (except for maybe some shorts in anthologies) but it was twincest. What can I say, pervy to the end. It's actually about two sets of twins, but not together. There are two parallel stories. Clay has twin brother Devin and Darius who crashed his truck and basically make him insane. He's known that dom Bake has been eyeing them so figures a good punishment will be to let him have a go at them. Bean is Bake's twin, but they aren't sex ...more
Renee (ren213)
Aug 24, 2010 Renee (ren213) rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: bdsm, mm, mmm
I agree with the other reviews I've read about this one. Coulda totally done without Clay and Bean and the names are really, really dumb. Also, I just started reading this series and I'm going by the booklist on SM's website. I'm a little confused. She just released this one but it falls in the middle of the list. Not that it really matters, it seems that except for the Montana and Billy books they can be read as standalones. I'm just a little curious about why she ordered them this way.
Wendy Ann
Despite being the 5th book of a series, there was very little tie to the common thread that made it a series - the Hammer club. There were two stories running simultaneously in this book, one included twincest. There's very little plot throughout, a little pick-up toward the end. There were a couple of annoying errors where the character names were incorrectly switched. I really enjoyed the prior books in the series, but this one was just OK for me.
Rain Carrington
Feb 20, 2014 Rain Carrington rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I never would have thought I would so enjoy a story about twins so much well, twins getting it on, but this book enlightened me! It was so sexy and loving. The Bean/Bake brothers contrasted with Dev/Dare well while still letting Bake understand the closeness of the other set of boys. I thought the end story was great. One of the best of this series by far!
Kristie
May 25, 2014 Kristie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Oh, this one was much better. More story, fun dynamics with the two sets of brothers, naughty twin lovin', and some actual bad stuff to work through. I read this like a speed demon, and I'm going to do the same with the next. Something has compelled me to finish this whole series in the next week.
Riayl
Mar 24, 2016 Riayl rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mm, romance, bdsm, poly
I'm sorry but I just can't with the Bake and Bean. *bashes head into desk*

Beyond that, I struggled to read this because of the two different stories going on. I think I probably would have liked it more had it been two books instead of bouncing back and forth. Just when I'd gotten into Bake and the twins storyline it would switch to Clay and Bean and I had no interest in their story I just wanted to get back to the other one. Had they been separate stories I would have enjoyed Bean and Clay's st
Sarah_loves_books
A really sweet, touching story.
Charly
Nov 02, 2012 Charly rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not bad, but I didn’t like it as much as the other Hammer stories

Warning: This review might contain what some people consider SPOILERS.

Rating: 7/10

PROS:
- Darius and Devin are twins and both subs, but there’s a difference in their personalities right from the start. I love that they need such vastly different things from their Dom and that Bake is able to satisfy them both and read them so well.
- I think this is an interesting take on a threesome relationship. Bake’s definitely the center of th
Anne
Jun 12, 2012 Anne rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a Hammer book but can be read on its own. There's plenty of hot sex but it has a story, too. The story is of two couples. The author did very well at keeping the transitions between the two couples clear. The story includes fisting, twincest, and spanking. Both couples are given a HEA. I would have liked more closure after what happened to Dare but the main thing that kept this from being a 4 star story for me was that I had trouble with Bake and had to remind myself far too often that h ...more
Katy Beth Mckee
Danielle
Jan 19, 2014 Danielle rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mm, menage, masters, 2014
There was just too much going on in this book. It was enough to just build two separate relationships and have them grow into something concrete, while explaining the twin bond from 2 different perspectives, but add in a mystery and you've got yourself a jumble of things you need to keep straight.

As Twin's go, I like the idea of there being two sets and them explaining different types of relationships that they can have with each other, but it was a lot to process. Bean's relationship never get
Lisa
What can I say. Twincest and a menage...heaven!
Although part of a series this could be read as a standalone. However, this being Sean Michael there was a lot of sex, a lot of hot, smoking sex and if you looked hard enough you could find a little plot too.
Jocelyn Dockham
Apr 05, 2016 Jocelyn Dockham rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves:
Kylie recommended this to me. Iread some and its REALLY good. :D
Natasha Yanikyan
I really enjoy twin interaction like this. I found I want Bake and Bean had more interactions. Otherwise I enjoyed this book in the series vs some if the older ones. If say more if a 4.5 starts. But I still really enjoyed this.

I also liked that it showed so e different types is D/s relationships. I felt recently the type of masters were all very similar in this series.

I also like that this book had quick love. They met they fell in love. I hate when characters fight what they feel for each oth
 Sara
Jun 09, 2013 Sara rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: bdsm newbies fond of m-m who don't mind a bit of brotherly incest.
Shelves: bdsm, m-m, contemporary
This was a nice twist, and I liked the way she handled the twins being different from one another. I want a Bake in my own life (too bad he's gay, but then all the good ones are, huh?). Still I find Michael's subs all pretty annoyingly immature. The sex is hot, but there's so much that by the end I was skimming. (Ironic that the last word of the book is "finally".)
Cori
Aug 20, 2010 Cori rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a good book - as usual, lots of sex, not too much plot. It would have easily gotten 4 stars instead of 3 if the Bean/Clay relationship wasn't part of the story - it was just extra pages of repetetive sex.

Dare/Darius/Bake were great, though, and I would have liked to keep reading their story, especially after the "event" - not much closure.
Jimmy Hanson
A lovely, lively, sweet novel circling around two relationships - those between Bake and the twins, and Bean and Clay. There's a little bit of jealous, a lot of sweetness and spiciness, and some non-BDSM lovin'.
A nice reprieve for something in between heavier novels, when you just need a break and a feel-good read.
Carolyn88
Aug 30, 2011 Carolyn88 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m-romance, bdsm
always great, this one was a winner. You have two relationships going on at one time. There was not very much interaction with the club. At the very end you had a small reference from some of the previous characters. But like always it was one good read.
Alyosha
Another enjoyable read for the Hammer- series by Sean Michael. It did not disappoint me and I found both twins' romances interesting and honest. Though I do admit that some more bdsm elements/action and less vanilla would have been nice. 2.5 stars
Marsha Spence
Feb 21, 2015 Marsha Spence rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this one. Yeah, the names are silly but it didn't bug me. I liked both sets of relationships. The vanilla and the kink. Glad I read it.
Clover
sweet story about double twinlove, one couple vanilla and the other into BDSM. apart some mistakes about names, it was interesting and hot !
Tamela
I liked the characters so much I wish there had been more dialog and less sex :)
  • Safe Words (Deviations, #5)
  • Cherry On Top
  • Out Of Focus
  • Chronic Carnalli Complex (Carnalli Brothers, #2)
  • Security
  • Bullriders
  • Fun With Dick and Shane (Memoirs of a Houseboy, #1)
  • The Rise of Alec Caldwell: Volume One (The Rise of Alec Caldwell, #1)
  • Room at the Top (Room at the Top, #1)
  • Marrick's Promise (Thrown to the Lions #2)
  • Broken
  • A Russian Bear (Russian Bear, #1)
  • Soft Focus
  • Goldilocks and His Three Bears (Goldilocks #1)
  • Need You Tonight (Blue Ruin, #4)
  • Dual Affairs (Twin Ties #2)
  • The Hot Floor
Often referred to as "Space Cowboy" and "Gangsta of Love" while still striving for the moniker of "Maurice," Sean Michael spends his days surfing, smutting, organizing his immense gourd collection and fantasizing about one day retiring on a small secluded island peopled entirely by horseshoe crabs. While collecting vast amounts of vintage gay pulp novels and mood rings, Sean whiles away the hours ...more
More about Sean Michael...

Hammer (1 - 10 of 27 books)
  • Bent (Hammer, #1)
  • Brownies (A Hammer Story)
  • Drawn (Hammer, #2)