Start by marking “Missing” as Want to Read:
Missing

Missing

4.11 of 5 stars 4.11  ·  rating details  ·  228 ratings  ·  32 reviews

Her daughter is the most important person in Lacey Gibson's world. So when the girl disappears, Lacey will do anything to find her. Even track down a man she hasn't seen in sixteen years--U.S. Marshall Mason Stone, the father of her child.
Mason was perfectly content with his life until Lacey arrived. Her confession that their daughter--the daughter he didn't know they had
Published January 1st 2011 by Steeple Hill Love Inspired Suspense (first published December 21st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Missing, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Missing

Mandy
One of my favorite genre's is romantic-suspense. It is very hard to find books in that category that are clean. Someone referred me to this author and I am so grateful. This was right up my alley and to make it even better it is written by a Christian author so I don't have to worry about the smut. The story moved quickly, I was never bored, and I loved the characters. I am anxious to read another of her books.
Wendy Sparkes
Ever since Mason believed his best friend over her & walked away Lacey Gibson has been determined to keep away from him. Even when she discovered she was expecting their child. Until now. Bethany has gone missing & Lacey needs Mason's help to find her.

Deputy US Marshal Mason Stone is astounded to hear he has a daughter, upset that Lacey didn't tell him sooner, & scared...scared that he won't get to meet his daughter & scared that his love for Lacey is still as strong as ever &
Diane U
This was a fast paced story about Lacey whose 15-year old daughter, Bethany, was kidnapped after returning back to her parent's house. Lacey asks for help from her old high school boyfriend, Mason, who is a U.S. Marshall. Along the way, Bethany's attacker has contact with her by leaving old yearbook photos on her car, attacking her in public and even sneaking into the house and leaving bothersome things in Bethany's room. Will they find Bethany before it is too late? Who is seeking revenge on La ...more
Mom
Wow, this story line pulled me in. I did not see the end coming.
To know that Bethany wanted to find her dad, looking around through a phone book was spectacular. In today, I thought the computer would be where she would start.
Knowing she went to such lengths to keep her mom safe, was really good.
Thanks for pulling my interest in.
Good book everyone.
Judy
Lacey Gibson was in love and pregnant. In a case of misunderstanding Mason Stone would not listen to her reason for what he thought was her cheating on him. Her parents sent her off to an unwed mother's home and she did not tell Mason about the baby.
Sixteen years since Mason last seen her and now Lacey Gibson is on his doorstep asking to help find her missing daughter. He soon finds out it is also his daughter.
If only he could get the image of Lacey and Daniel out of his mind.
As a US Marshall, L
Anita F Napier
I enjoyed the book although I believe if a person suddenly finds out he's a parent, he would not be so quick to re-establish a love relationship with the non-disclosing party. Good suspense. Didn't know who the kidnapper was until the wife showed up at the station.
Gail
Lacey's life is lived for her daughter and when her daughter - a teenager - goes missing she will do anything to find her including contacting her daughter's father Mason who she hasn't seen in sixteen years and who doesn't even know he has a daughter. Needless to say he is totally surprised to learn he has a daughter and immediately goes into action to help Lacey find her and feels an instant connection to her and a renewed feeling for Lacey which he thought had gone a long time ago!
I enjoyed t
Maggie Boyd
This book hovers between a C and C+. Lacey has been a single mom for fifteen years when her daughter goes missing. While the police insist on treating the case as a runaway, Lacey knows something sinister is going on. She turns to US Marshall Mason Stone, her daughters father, for help at this difficult time.

Mason can't believe Lacey never told him about his daughter. Now the two are racing against the clock to find the girl, with all the evidence pointing toward a tragic ending.

I don't like se
Tasha
I loved this book it had me on the edge od my seat most of the time with tears in my eyes. everyone should read this!!
Sandy
Loved it!!! great "guick read".. Good story line filled with believable characters.
Lorie
Lynette Easton writes the books I love. Fast paced, action pact, who done it kind of book! When
Lacey finds her daughter missing, she goes to the one person who she knows will help find her. The only problem is she has a secret that she has kept from him. Will he still help her after learning this secret and will she ever be able to prove to him that she did not betray him? The story goes through lots of twist and turns and finally the person I thought for sure had done it, did not!

Wonderful st
Melanie

Missing was a good romantic mystery. While I wasn't surprised by who was behind everything (I definitely saw it coming), I did find parts of the story very suspenseful.

The romance was great and I loved how the main characters had been a couple earlier in life and it wasn't an "instant" romance.

So, while Missing isn't my favorite of Lynette Eason's books I've read, I still enjoyed it and look forward to reading more of her novels.

*I did not get this book for review. All thoughts and op
LeeAnn
I enjoyed that the story line picked right up from the start; however, there is a time and place to feel chemistry or sparks amongst one another, and I think that does not occur while looking for your missing child. I can’t imagine under those stressful circumstances, you would feel anything except extreme anxiety, worry, and hurt. I myself would not notice or care about the touch of someone I denied seeing for the past 14 years. I am going to put this one on hold and maybe I’ll revisit it somed ...more
Mara
This was a story of strength, and forgiveness and ultimately love between 2 peopl who are torn apart by jealousy and parents trying to do the right thing for their kids.
I am not going to say much because I may be tempted give spoilers. What I will say is that Bethany is an incredibley strong woman. It is a fast paced book can't wait for the next one!
Everyone enjoy and God bless Ms Eason.
Ruth
I definitely did not expect the twist in the ending.. Lacey and Mason are drawn together through their daughter Bethany. I wish that Mason would have trusted and believed in Lacey when they were younger.. They lost soo many years together, but I'm glad that they have the present to account for.
Judine
This is one of my favorites from Love Inspired Suspense because Lacey and Mason were reunited trying to find their daughter. The sense of betrayal they both felt was believable, and the twists in the plotline were effective.
Cathy
Christian-themed book but definitely not over-preachy. Single mother - missing child - appeals to father who just happens to be a US Marshall. Not a bad read considering I'm not a fan of Christian books in general.
Melody
I really enjoyed reading this one, took me just an afternoon. :) It was fun to try and figure out, and the love story was great. I could see both sexes point of view, which doesn't always happen.
Jessica
One of my favorite romance suspense stories. It was captivating throughout and had me rushing to turn the pages as I went along. Great book.
Melissa
Was not overly impressed with this book. I figured out the ending pretty early in the story. Not a horrible read either.
Carrie
I really liked the plot on this one, but there were a few flaws in the flow of the storyline and in the style of writing.
Jay
The ending was pretty predictable but I quite enjoyed the book. A nice easy, fast read.
Carolyn E
I loved this book. It was a great story. I hope to read more by this author.
Cute book. I wish I had more time to say more. :) I love Lynette Eason's books!
Sami
I LOVED this book. Totally unpredictable and very fun to read!!!! Great book!!!
John Hanscom
One of the better reads, though the "bad guy" was telegraphed.
Holly
Ah... a mystery... I really good "whodunit"
A little jumbled at times, but a nice story.
  • Mission: Out of Control (Steeple Hill Love Inspired Suspense #235)
  • The Lawman's Legacy (Fitzgerald Bay #1)
  • Dead Reckoning (Holyoake Heroes, #3)
  • Formula for Danger (Sonoma #2)
  • Murder at Granite Falls (Big Sky Series, #4)
  • Protecting Her Own (Guardians, Inc., #2)
  • My Deadly Valentine
  • Point Blank Protector (Steeple Hill Love Inspired Suspense #241) (Emerald Coast 911 #5)
  • Freezing Point
  • Twin Targets  (Protecting the Witnesses, #1)
  • The Cowboy Target (Protection Specialists, #4)
Lynette Eason grew up in Greenville, SC. She graduated from the University of South Carolina, Columbia, and then obtained her masters in education from Converse College. Author of twenty inspirational romantic suspense books, she is also a member of American Christian Fiction Writers (ACFW) and Romance Writers of America (RWA). In 1996, Lynette married "the boy next door" and now she and her husba ...more
More about Lynette Eason...
Too Close to Home (Women of Justice, #1) When the Smoke Clears (Deadly Reunions, #1) A Killer Among Us (Women of Justice #3) Don't Look Back (Women of Justice, #2) When a Heart Stops (Deadly Reunions, #2)