Start by marking “What Was I Thinking?: Things I've Learned Since I Knew It All” as Want to Read:
What Was I Thinking?: Things I've Learned Since I Knew It All

What Was I Thinking?: Things I've Learned Since I Knew It All

4.27 of 5 stars 4.27  ·  rating details  ·  48 ratings  ·  5 reviews
Seminary professor, radio broadcaster, and former pastor Steve Brown is tired. He confesses, "I'm tired of glib answers to hard questions, irrelevant 'God words' and stark, cold foundations on which no house has ever been built." So he set out to revitalize his faith by reexamining his thoughts and his faith. And he shares his invigorating discoveries with readers. A poten ...more
Published July 18th 2006 by Howard Books

To ask other readers questions about What Was I Thinking?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about What Was I Thinking?

Brian
I have been fascinated with this mans ministry for the past month, listening to many audio messages and have now read this and another of his books. I find his message scary but freeing, different but warm and caring, biblical when he explains it but heresy when I think of it against the backdrop of what I've been conditioned to think and believe.
This book is about the things he used to think when he was a young christian and what he thinks now as hes studied more, sinned more, been forgiven mo
Lorenrae
I've REALLY enjoyed this book -- Especially because of my PCA background. My briefcase containing the book was stolen last week, so I haven't finished the book yet. BUT, I can't wait to get my hands on another copy.
Donna
If you have been a reader of Steve Brown, you will enjoy this book very much. He is never afraid to admit when he is wrong. I am very excited about the changes he has made in the last 20 years.
Craig
Best title ever. And one of the best books I've ever read. Steve Brown is a Calvinistic seminary professor. But he's not a know it all. He's humble and genuine. I loved this book.
Graham
Steve Brown is open and honest and hits right in the center of your heart. As always, he helps to equip you to be a faithful follower of God.
Nancy Anderson
Nancy Anderson marked it as to-read
Nov 08, 2014
Carol
Carol marked it as to-read
Oct 21, 2014
Sandy Johnson
Sandy Johnson marked it as to-read
Mar 27, 2014
Plarmon
Plarmon marked it as to-read
Dec 04, 2013
Timl
Timl marked it as to-read
Sep 27, 2013
Candace Williams
Candace Williams marked it as to-read
Aug 22, 2013
Keri
Keri marked it as to-read
Aug 20, 2013
Marilyn
Marilyn marked it as to-read
Aug 19, 2013
Jon
Jon marked it as to-read
Aug 19, 2013
Kirk Stifle
Kirk Stifle marked it as to-read
Jun 20, 2013
Amy Klomparens
Amy Klomparens marked it as to-read
Jun 04, 2013
February
February marked it as to-read
May 13, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Steve Brown is a radio broadcaster, seminary professor and author. He previously served as a pastor for over twenty-five years and now devotes much of his time to the radio broadcast, Key Life.

With such varied experience and unique perspective on life, Steve is an original. He refuses to be a "guru," doesn't want to be anyone's mother and gives, in his teaching, the freedom to think. Overall, Stev
More about Steve Brown...
A Scandalous Freedom Three Free Sins: A New Perspective on Sin and Grace Carolina Girls How to Talk So People Will Listen Freak Legion: A Player's Guide to Fomori