Start by marking “What Was I Thinking?: Things I've Learned Since I Knew It All” as Want to Read:
What Was I Thinking?: Things I've Learned Since I Knew It All

What Was I Thinking?: Things I've Learned Since I Knew It All

4.33  ·  Rating Details  ·  57 Ratings  ·  6 Reviews
Seminary professor, radio broadcaster, and former pastor Steve Brown is tired. He confesses, "I'm tired of glib answers to hard questions, irrelevant 'God words' and stark, cold foundations on which no house has ever been built." So he set out to revitalize his faith by reexamining his thoughts and his faith. And he shares his invigorating discoveries with readers. A poten ...more
Published July 18th 2006 by Howard Books

To ask other readers questions about What Was I Thinking?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about What Was I Thinking?

Brian
Jan 11, 2009 Brian rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have been fascinated with this mans ministry for the past month, listening to many audio messages and have now read this and another of his books. I find his message scary but freeing, different but warm and caring, biblical when he explains it but heresy when I think of it against the backdrop of what I've been conditioned to think and believe.
This book is about the things he used to think when he was a young christian and what he thinks now as hes studied more, sinned more, been forgiven mo
Sid Klooster
Jan 01, 2015 Sid Klooster rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book.
Lorenrae
Oct 10, 2008 Lorenrae rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I've REALLY enjoyed this book -- Especially because of my PCA background. My briefcase containing the book was stolen last week, so I haven't finished the book yet. BUT, I can't wait to get my hands on another copy.
Donna
Oct 23, 2009 Donna rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own-it
If you have been a reader of Steve Brown, you will enjoy this book very much. He is never afraid to admit when he is wrong. I am very excited about the changes he has made in the last 20 years.
Craig
Nov 30, 2008 Craig rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Best title ever. And one of the best books I've ever read. Steve Brown is a Calvinistic seminary professor. But he's not a know it all. He's humble and genuine. I loved this book.
Graham
Jun 24, 2008 Graham rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Steve Brown is open and honest and hits right in the center of your heart. As always, he helps to equip you to be a faithful follower of God.
Jason Wright
Jason Wright marked it as to-read
Feb 08, 2016
D Thomas
D Thomas rated it really liked it
Feb 08, 2016
Rod Yoder
Rod Yoder rated it it was amazing
Jan 25, 2016
Linda
Linda added it
Jan 23, 2016
Erin Henry
Erin Henry marked it as to-read
Nov 20, 2015
Ryan Nunez
Ryan Nunez marked it as to-read
Nov 18, 2015
Jeremy Amirthanathan
Jeremy Amirthanathan marked it as to-read
Nov 17, 2015
Chad Arment
Chad Arment rated it it was amazing
Nov 05, 2015
Allan Regonia
Allan Regonia rated it it was amazing
Sep 07, 2015
Kaleb Cross
Kaleb Cross marked it as to-read
Aug 20, 2015
Tara
Tara marked it as to-read
Aug 03, 2015
Leslie Boston
Leslie Boston rated it it was ok
Jul 15, 2015
Beverly
Beverly marked it as to-read
Jun 30, 2015
Sara Aly
Sara Aly rated it really liked it
Jun 14, 2015
Shirbra
Shirbra rated it really liked it
Jun 04, 2015
Wade Stotts
Wade Stotts rated it it was amazing
Jun 09, 2015
Pab
Pab marked it as to-read
Apr 18, 2015
Dylan
Dylan marked it as to-read
Apr 12, 2015
Jessi
Jessi marked it as to-read
Mar 27, 2015
Deanna
Deanna marked it as to-read
Jan 17, 2015
Adrian D
Adrian D marked it as to-read
Jan 05, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Steve Brown is a radio broadcaster, seminary professor and author. He previously served as a pastor for over twenty-five years and now devotes much of his time to the radio broadcast, Key Life.

With such varied experience and unique perspective on life, Steve is an original. He refuses to be a "guru," doesn't want to be anyone's mother and gives, in his teaching, the freedom to think. Overall, Stev
More about Steve Brown...