Start by marking “Blue Angel (The Blue Angel series, #1)” as Want to Read:
Blue Angel (The Blue Angel series, #1)

Blue Angel (Blue Angel Trilogy #1)

3.62  ·  Rating Details  ·  142 Ratings  ·  30 Reviews
Blue Angel is the first in an erotic romance trilogy inspired by the burlesque clubs of New York and Los Angeles. The novels are about an ordinary woman who discovers herself - and her sexuality - through the world of burlesque. Mallory Dale doesn't like surprises. At least, that was the case. When her boyfriend takes her to a burlesque club for her twenty-fifth birthday, ...more
Paperback
Published November 15th 2012 by Constable and Robinson (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Blue Angel, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Blue Angel

Wanda (Good Choice Reading)
May 10, 2011 Wanda (Good Choice Reading) rated it really liked it
Shelves: own
Now everyone knows I am a huge fan of erotica books. But wow this book took it above and beyond. This is the first book I've ever read about Burlesque Clubs. I have to say I'm an adult and never been inside one and this book have definitely made curious in wanting to pay a visit to one. Only visit, I don't ever see myself performing in one like the main character did in this book.

So in Blue Angel, you have your main character whose name is Mallory and her boyfriend, and he takes her to a burles
Jodie (Books for Company)
Jan 21, 2013 Jodie (Books for Company) rated it really liked it
www.booksforcompany.com
In Short
- Blue Angel is different from any other erotic book I have read.
- I struggled to bond with Mallory but I liked Alec, her boyfriend.
- Belle got the right balance between not enough detail and too much detail.

In Long
Blue Angel sounded very different from any other book I have read and I was excited to explore the world of burlesque. It was an unknown part of the world for me and that’s what I love about books, that they are able to help you experience something y
Sharni Copham
Dec 19, 2012 Sharni Copham rated it it was amazing
if 50 shades is a bit tame to quench your erotica needs, this is the book for you, book 1 of 3 sees Mallorys transformation into Moxie and the highs and lows she encounters along the way......a must read.
Angie Naylor
Mar 15, 2013 Angie Naylor rated it it was amazing
Fantastic,took 1 day to read, started second book
Tammie Griffith
Oct 11, 2012 Tammie Griffith rated it really liked it
Great read
Tof Eklund
Mar 02, 2013 Tof Eklund rated it it was ok
Blue Angel does well with it's central theme: burlesque.

At the same time, it has some serious failings. The first is in terms of characterization: we're told, rather than shown, what the characters are like, and It seemed to me that the "wonderful" Alex was a jerk, the "lovable" Mallory was oblivious to others' feelings, and the "alluring" Bette teetered on the brink of being the stereotypical lesbian from the old pulps: promiscuous, unsentimental, and predatory.

Bette isn't a predator, but she i
Bergy
Nov 04, 2011 Bergy rated it it was amazing
IT is all about the art of the reveal with Logan Belle's Blue Angel. Get turned on by this perfect escape accessory that fits in your purse. And then have it be the gossip about over a glass of wine with your closest girlfriends.

Logan Belle provides readers with a backstage pass into a burlesque club through the eyes of its dancers. The story begins with Mallory Dale's surprise adventure into the world of burlesque on her birthday. She gets pulled (literally) on stage by Bette Noir.

If your look
Samantha
Dec 21, 2014 Samantha rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This book was recommended to me by a friend because I am fascinated by burlesque shows. I've attended the Burlesque Showcases at the Rockabilly convention (Viva Las Vegas). When I realized the book is an erotica, I knew it wasn't really my thing. However, I decided to give it a try anyway. Sometimes it pays to read outside of your comfort zone.

This book was just ok. I like the author's style of writing. It isn't totally cheesy rubbish like Nora Roberts or Nicholas Sparks. The book spends more t
Jill Sorenson
Sep 16, 2011 Jill Sorenson rated it really liked it
Interesting story, well-written and full of vibrant detail about New York City's contemporary burlesque scene. At times it felt as though the real love affair was between the heroine and the scene. Mallory's fling with a beautiful dancer doesn't have as much sizzle as her tumultuous relationship with her boyfriend, Alec. He's a handsome jerk, ultimately redeemable because the chemistry and emotions leap off the page.

Looking forward to more from this author--nicely done.
Alex
Jun 01, 2013 Alex rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
As a romance fan, I was expecting just another genre novel with a twist.
Happily, I was wrong. There were points throughout the story where I found myself frustrated with Mallory for being so wrapped up in Alec, but by the last chapter I understood why he was so prevalent-you want them to be together, in the end. I liked the characters and found the book interesting.
Good read over all.
Bronwyn Rykiert
Sep 20, 2011 Bronwyn Rykiert rated it really liked it

I enjoyed this story about Mallory Dale (an aspiring lawyer - following in her families footsteps) whose boyfrind Alec, for her 25th birthday takes her to a Burlesque Club - she is reluctant with this idea, but before you know it she is up in stage after being asked up the by Bett Noir, the star of the show and she is thrown into a new world of discovery.
Kelly
Feb 19, 2013 Kelly rated it liked it
Shelves: modern-rom
I liked this book, but didn't really understand Mallory. I wanted her to just make up her mind and decide if she wanted her relationship to work or not with Alec.
Chris Brewster
Jul 02, 2012 Chris Brewster rated it it was amazing
WOW! x2. this book will pull you in like so few books ever do. I have only experienced a few books so beautifully done as this. BRAVO! Logan Belle, BRAVO
Sasha Safdiah
Mar 29, 2014 Sasha Safdiah rated it it was amazing
I started reading this book casually I. My living room. Before I knew it, I was turning the pages at red lights, rushing my kid's bedtime routine and staying up all night to get to the next chapter. The burlesque world tends to make women feel sexy and this book did that. Bravo!!! Great book.
Becky Wyrick
Feb 06, 2016 Becky Wyrick rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016
Fascinating book. I have never read a book with so much F/F. Alec was fascinating yet troublesome and Mallory trying to figure out her life purpose was an interesting struggle. All the characters were very unique and make you want more of all of them.
Kyra Hahn
Jun 27, 2014 Kyra Hahn rated it really liked it
Contemporary romance set in NY, centering around a woman exploring the world of burlesque
Cheryl
Sep 01, 2013 Cheryl rated it really liked it
Having never been to a burlesque club, I can't vouch for how authentic the descriptions are but it seems very realistic. The feather boas, fake lashes and body glitter are very reminiscent of Moulin Rouge and the bitchy catfights behind the scenes are all very Dynasty and Dallas !

It's an enjoyable chicklick-esque series of novels with a decidedly raunchy edge. Whatever you do, don't lend them to your mum after you've finished reading them !

full review here : http://madhousefamilyreviews.blogspot
Beautiful_Jade
Aug 13, 2015 Beautiful_Jade rated it it was ok
An okay story let down by the unlikeable characters.
Adele Mead
Jul 27, 2011 Adele Mead rated it it was ok
I chose this book in hopes of it being more of a burlesque story... it was more of a find your self book with A LOT OF SEX SCENES. I had issues with Alec and his whole "threesome" dream,(SPOILER) I was some what disappointing in Mallory for giving in at the end, even if they didn't end up doing it. Honestly if I saw my boyfriend of years kissing another woman, they would both get slapped. If you are looking for a modern sex novel, you've got it, man and woman, woman and woman, man and man, it ha ...more
Jessica
Nov 23, 2014 Jessica rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: library
Not as amazing as the cover suggests.
Andrea Goodell
Oct 11, 2013 Andrea Goodell rated it it was amazing
Another amazing story by Logan Belle!
This one sets you on a roller coaster ride of emotions between two main characters and a whole host of strong secondary characters that keep this story going.
Yes, there is a strong sexual presence. BUT this story is SO much more then that. The way the author writes and details this story, she make you feel like your a part of the life and decisions that these two ppl make. AMAZING.
Can't wait to read bk two and three.
Pam
Jul 22, 2013 Pam rated it liked it
I really like the concept of this book. I've never read a book with Burlesque being the backdrop of the story. I wouldn't categorize this as a wonderful book though. The writing didn't always bring me in and felt awkward at times. The story didn't totaly pull me in and make me feel their feelings. A really good book will do that in my opinion. But I still enjoyed it and will continue reading the series.
Jun 11, 2011 Sarah rated it really liked it
Check out my review at: Nocturne Romance Reads

Good reading ~ Escape by Fiction
Julia
May 23, 2011 Julia rated it liked it
Wild fun, but a little short on substance. More sexy than raunchy. If the world of burlesque and steamy romance appeals to Blue Angel will be a fun summer read.
Lenore (Biblliolatry Me!)
Jun 29, 2011 Lenore (Biblliolatry Me!) rated it really liked it
Come read the review at Nocturne Romance Reads!
Jordan Pellegrini
Mar 05, 2013 Jordan Pellegrini rated it it was amazing
Wow. I thought the book was very exquisite, although not what I was expecting. I received the book for free through Goodreads First Reads.
Amanda Chalifoux
Apr 09, 2012 Amanda Chalifoux marked it as to-read
Very racy book I bet, bet it is a great romance book & just love the cover. I would love to read more.
Coco
Jul 07, 2013 Coco rated it it was amazing
Sexy whore story; what's not to like?
And the author is an absolute doll.
Karen
Aug 18, 2012 Karen rated it liked it
Learned a little about the difference between a stripper and burlesque.
  • Skin Game
  • A Stranger's Kiss
  • The Crimson Hunt (Eldaen Light Chronicles, #1)
  • The Spy Who Left Me (Agent Ex, #1)
  • Rough Play (The Roughnecks, 2)
  • Bond of Blood (Texas Vampires #1)
  • Quel che ora sappiamo
  • Hiding in the Spotlight
  • Treacherous
  • The Secret Son
  • The Reunion
  • Intimate Exposure
  • Deep: An Erotic Romance
  • Revving Her Up (Full Throttle, #1)
  • The Trouble with Valentine's
  • The Big Sister - Part I (The Big Sister, #1)
  • The Way Back To Me
  • One Summer

Logan Belle is my pen name. It’s the name I use when I only want to think about romance. My heroines go through lots of ups and downs – after all, true love is full of drama. But they also discover that it’s never too late for love, great sex, and happily ever after. Visit me on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/loganbelleau... or at www.loganbelle.com
More about Logan Belle...

Blue Angel Trilogy (3 books)
  • Fallen Angel (The Blue Angel Series, #2)
  • Naked Angel  (The Blue Angel series, #3)