Start by marking “The Perfect Blend” as Want to Read:
The Perfect Blend

The Perfect Blend

4.12  ·  Rating Details  ·  149 Ratings  ·  22 Reviews
Opening a Christian coffeehouse in Seattle--that was my dream. I wanted to call it Maggie Black's Higher Grounds.

So when banker William Grey III denied my loan, I was crushed. But then Mr. Grey (who's a tea drinker--figures!) explained that if I took his small-business course, the bank might reconsider my application. It would take the help of some of my fab coffee, but I
Published July 1st 2007 by Steeple Hill Love Inspired Suspense

To ask other readers questions about The Perfect Blend, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Perfect Blend

Vinnie
Aug 25, 2012 Vinnie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I’m not a religious person at all, but for some reason I loved this book. If I had to take a wild stab at it... the reason would be due to my love of coffee lol
Dani "The REAL Cullens_Girl since 2002"
Why is it that almost all the books Love-Inspired I love seem to revolve around food? Maggie is a young entrepreneur who wants to open a coffee shop in the already saturated city of Seattle. What makes hers stand out? She wants to open a Christian coffee house. Will is the stuffy banker who has to make the decision whether or not to approve Maggie's loan.

The first half of this book started off pretty slowly, but it really picked up during the 2nd half. There were a few unexpected twists and tur
Elizabeth
What I love about Allie Pleiter's books is that they do not contain any girls without spines. Maggie Black, heroine of The Perfect Blend, wants more than anything to open a Christian coffee shop in Seattle...and a side of handsome banker Will Grey wouldn't be so bad, either. This is a great, fun story, and it gave me a monster coffee craving.
Virginia
Enjoyable, first-person romance novel all about coffee and striving to attain something you want so desperately you can't talk about it to those you love. With a handsome British hero, no less!
Alicia
Oct 28, 2009 Alicia rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book! The characters were well developed and fun to follow! the humor was easy to catch and fun to laugh with and the plot was good enough that i refused to put the book down!
Susan
Mar 28, 2009 Susan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love this chick lit romance about following your dreams. It's funny and endearing, but maybe because I relate so well to the heroine! Raises great debate over tea vs. coffee as well.
Anidict
Mar 01, 2013 Anidict rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Anidict by: Friendzylle Cabardo, Leslie Ann Reyes
It's unusual, it's inspiring, it's romantic, and best of all-- It's FUNNY!!

The plot of the story itself is not the common, falling-in-love-but-to-scared-to-give-in. Or the fell-in-love-but-can't-tell-if-he/she-loves-me-too plot.

Well... maybe the book's plot had the fore-mentioned plot, but with an added twist. I liked the short, quick descriptions, and funny idioms and puns that it didn't constantly kept reminding me that there are boundaries and restrictions because of religion, but because of
Quynn
Jan 14, 2014 Quynn rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'm currently reading another one of Allies' books, 'My So-called Love Life '. I'm loving the wit and humor so much that I looked up her name for more works when I was reminded of 'The Perfect Blend.' Allie is an amazing author and the humor amidst the romance is what draws you in. I loved ,'The Perfect Blend.' Definitely a read for someone who enjoys a romance story with humor and some reality.
Brenda
Nov 10, 2015 Brenda rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cool story with very believable characters. Loved the first person writing.
Lesley
May 23, 2014 Lesley rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: could-not-finish
Autor did not make the characters real to me. A little too sappy!
Lucinda
May 27, 2015 Lucinda rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved it! Such a delightful story with engaging characters and fresh writing.
Anna Jones
Jul 11, 2015 Anna Jones rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fun and cute! I laughed out loud many times and truly enjoyed the characters.
Dawn Michelle
Oct 18, 2008 Dawn Michelle rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone who likes coffee and good humor with a touch of love thrown in
Recommended to Dawn Michelle by: Got it at "Word on the Street"

Cute book. I enjoyed reading this as it didn't require me to really "think" while reading and I really needed that to be honest.

Maggie wants to open a Christian Coffee House ~ a place for the soul to be refreshed and filled ~ all she needs is a loan and all that stands in her way is William ~ her very stiff British loan officer. Trouble is, Maggie finds herself drawn to him ~ is God leading her to him and away from her coffee-house dreams???

Christian Fiction
Julie Malcolm
Somewhere around the 3 1/2 mark on this book. I enjoyed it, it was a good lighthearted read with some pretty good messages but the US view of what English people are like nearly always grates on me it's so unreal. Whoever heard of an Englishman being called Will Grey the Third?! It's so unreal it's ridiculous, you'd be hard pressed to even find a Will Grey jr, it's far more likely that sharing the name William with his father he'd be called Bill or Billy.
Ruby halliburton
May 22, 2010 Ruby halliburton rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Maggie wants to open a Christian Coffee House. In order to qualify for a bank loan she has to take an entrepreneur course taught by the loan officer. Their relationship beomes personal Will is a Christian and suports Maggie's callilng with prayers. In the end her loan is turned down and she can't understand God closing the door on her dream but she never loses her faith. Help comes from an unexpected source.
Rachel
Aug 11, 2014 Rachel rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: loveinspires, romance
So honestly this is like my favorite of all the Love-Inspired books I've ever read! It's funny, it's serious, it's real to life. Also it's written in first person, through the whole book. I rarely see that anymore.
BritGirl
Oct 24, 2014 BritGirl rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I don't drink coffee or tea so many of those references didn't mean much to me, but I still loved this story. The humor sparkles and Will is irresistible. This book would make a great movie--the perfect romantic comedy.
Jolyn
Mar 06, 2008 Jolyn rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I couldn't put this book down, then couldn't stop beaming after reading it. Loveable characters that made me smille. If you're looking for a feel-good unpretentious read, this is it!
Lynnea
Sep 13, 2008 Lynnea rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
This was pretty cheesy and pretty predictable but decent story. The second half was much better than the first half but I seriously considered quitting the book less than half way through.
Rachel Bird
This was a great book. A girl wants to own a coffee shop, but finds out that she needs to take a class to do so. She signs up but gets more than she bargained for.
Idawati Wiguno
Jun 16, 2008 Idawati Wiguno rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Cynthia
Very funny, very enjoyable, SUPERB! As much as I hate to admit, this book teaches me a lot about waiting on God and how He handles things BEST.
Cindy
Oct 04, 2010 Cindy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A light and enjoyable "Inspirational" category romance.
Amy Lee
Amy Lee rated it it was amazing
Feb 10, 2016
Noma
Noma marked it as to-read
Feb 10, 2016
Michaela
Michaela marked it as to-read
Feb 04, 2016
Candace
Candace rated it it was amazing
Monica
Monica marked it as to-read
Cody
Cody rated it liked it
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Aug 19, 2015 10:46AM
  • Any Man of Mine
  • Butterfly Summer
  • Sleeping Beauty (Fairy-Tale Series #2) (Larger Print Love Inspired #415)
  • Promise Forever
  • Rainbow's End
  • Protected Hearts
  • The Trouble With Lacy Brown (Mule Hollow, #1)
  • Lasso Her Heart
  • Heaven Sent Husband
  • Doctor Right (Alaskan Bride Rush,  #3)
  • Jingle Bell Babies
  • Heart of the Family (Fostered by Love, #2)
  • Finding Hope
An avid knitter, coffee junkie, and devoted chocoholic, Allie Pleiter writes both fiction and non-fiction. The enthusiastic but slightly untidy mother of two, Allie spends her days writing books, doing laundry, running carpools, and finding new ways to avoid housework. She grew up in Connecticut, holds a BS in Speech from Northwestern University, spent fifteen years in the field of professional fu ...more
More about Allie Pleiter...