Sweet Persuasions

Sweet Persuasions (The Eatons #5)

4.23 of 5 stars 4.23  ·  rating details  ·  135 ratings  ·  13 reviews

Settling down isn't high on Xavier Eaton's list—he's having too much fun playing the field, sharing his bed but never his heart. All that changes when the high-ranking military man and longtime bachelor comes back to South Carolina and walks into Selena Yates's tantalizing patisserie….

Charleston is a long way from Selena's West Virginia mining hometown. And the gorgeous Ea

Published May 24th 2011 by Harlequin Kimani (first published January 1st 2011)

Ceej
I was excited to finally get to read Xavier's story. As with most books, the ones about military men are special for me. This story was cute and funny. Xavier and Selena were good compliments to each other. I loved Xavier's off center and dry sense of humor. Selena had just enough spice. But the whole story lacked something. There was a bit of detachment between the heroine and hero, not to mention the other characters.

Alers books are always rife with tidbit of history, culinary acumen, artistic...more
Antoinette the Book Junkie
It was nice to meet Xaiver and Selena. Xaiver is a man that had a mission in life that he completed at the risk of his own life. Selena is a woman trying to live a life free from fear. Their union is a fairy tale of love come true for him and a desire for her. I just expected more from Ms. Alers than I got in this story. Maybe the last 'Eaton' story will meet expectations.
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: The Eatons

"Ms. Alers manages to combine several things that I love in this story, decadent deserts, a bit of history, intrigue and romance." from a review posted by an eharlequin.com member, to read more go here.

Angela
There is a build up to the ex coming back but its quickly wrapped up at the end which leaves you hanging.
Brandy
This was the sweetest book ever. Xavier and Selena worked fast in getting, but it didn't feel rushed as I was reading it. I wish there was a Sweet Persuasions inmy neck of the woods. Those treats desribed in the book sound heavenly. I loved the description of the second wedding sounded beautiful.
Marie
So far this is my favorite of the series, they have all been very good but Selena and Xavier touched my heart in a way that Griffin/Belinda, Miles/Zabrina and Chandra/PJ have. It made me laugh and want to cry at the same time.

Shone
Sep 03, 2011 Shone rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: All romance junkies
Shelves: eaton-series
Amazing, the way the ex Marine is at a lost until moves back to Charleston and walks into a chocolate shop. Will he ever look at chocolate the same?

"Will someone please tell me what's going on?"
Faissa S.
it was really good book. the only problem was it went o fast and it was to short of a story. other than that great book.
Leighla Roper
I liked the premise but the ending felt rushed, there was a missed opportunity to develop the plot some more.
Marilyn Diamond
Loved it.. can't wait to read more of the Eatons in the future.. Loved it..
Terri
Excited to be reading something (contemporary) set in Charleston, SC.
Sweeti
Ms. Alers Always Wrap me up in her Sweet romance..
Phyllis
Phyllis marked it as to-read
Jul 07, 2014
Connie Whitfield
Connie Whitfield marked it as to-read
Jul 07, 2014
Tewana Graham
Tewana Graham marked it as to-read
Jun 20, 2014
Ashley
Ashley marked it as to-read
Jun 08, 2014
Lts
Lts added it
May 15, 2014
Rhenkeiosha Gray
Rhenkeiosha Gray marked it as to-read
Apr 29, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
Rochelle Alers was born in Manhattan, New York, USA, where she raised. She obtained degrees in Sociology and Psychology, before started to work. She is a member of the Iota Theta Zeta Chapter of Zeta Phi Beta Sorority, Inc., and her interests include gourmet cooking and traveling. She has traveled to countries in North, Central and South America, and Europe. She is also in accomplished in knitting...more
More about Rochelle Alers...
Living Large Welcome to Leo's The Long Hot Summer Long Time Coming (Whitfield Brides #1) Taken By Storm (Whitfield Brides #3)