Start by marking “Miss Liz's Passion: Miss Liz's Passion\Home on the Ranch” as Want to Read:
Miss Liz's Passion: Miss Liz's Passion\Home on the Ranch

Miss Liz's Passion: Miss Liz's Passion\Home on the Ranch

Published February 22nd 2011 by Harlequin (first published 1989)

To ask other readers questions about Miss Liz's Passion, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Miss Liz's Passion

Jeannie and Louis Rigod
Nov 08, 2012 Jeannie and Louis Rigod rated it really liked it
This book was comprised of two novels. The first being "Miss Liz's Passion" by Sherryl Woods, and the second was "Home On The Ranch by Allison Leigh. These are fun to read because they are usually a few years older, but, timeless in their subject and appeal.

Miss Liz is a widow, who is currently teaching third grade in Florida. As will happen, she finds herself with a favorite student, in this case, one with a learning disability. Kevin Lewis is as adorable as they come, but his behavior is anyth
Shelley
Mar 20, 2014 Shelley rated it did not like it
Two Harlequin stories in one novel. Gosh, why do I pick up these books? Only because they are "Free". It's going right back where I got it from. I really dislike silly love stories. I basically skimmed much of the book. Other parts I had to reread twice, it just didn't grasp my attention. I had a lot of eye rolling going on.

I kinda felt like I was reading the same story, but the character's occupations changed. Similarities in both stories as in many typical love stories: main characters really
Patricia Solla
Apr 09, 2012 Patricia Solla rated it really liked it
Shelves: books-i-own, donated
Another two for one book. In the main story (Miss Liz's Passion) we learn about a young student with a learning disability and how it is affecting not only his life but also his father's. This cute story introduces a teacher with concerns about one of her students to a single father who son is the cause of her concern. The interesting thing is the author introduces to a therapist who uses dolphins to help her patients. What's really funny is that the author also wrote about this therapist findin ...more
Susan
When I hear the words "Miss Liz", I naturally think of school teacher. I had no idea that the main character was one because when I picked it up, I bought it purely because the author was Sherryl.

A young school teacher, Elizabeth Gentry, suffers a great loss early on, so she devotes her life to her students. She is so passionate about what she does that when she finds a young boy in her class who is constantly getting into trouble she digs deeper and finds out the true problem.Trying to convince
Jeanne
Mar 24, 2014 Jeanne rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
(Miss Liz's Passion) A nice little romance. Elizabeth Gentry is a passionate school teacher. She lives to educate, encourage, and reach her students on their level. Todd Lewis is the father of her student, Kevin, the trouble maker. Even though he seems to disrupt the class and cause trouble, he tugs at her heart strings. She has to have a talk with his father...............this is where the story got interesting. Good ending!

(Home on the Ranch) The second story is about a physical therapist Bel
Marcia  Haskell
Mar 22, 2011 Marcia Haskell rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
"Elizabeth Gentry put all her passion into her students. Educating them, encouraging them, reaching them—that was easy. It was the living that was hard. After the betrayal, the grief and the pain, there was a kind of peace in giving away her heart to her pupils.

That was what made Todd Lewis so dangerous. With his dogged determination and rugged handsomeness, he had slowly staked his own claim on her heart and made her feel again. Made her want to hope and dream. But her hopes, her dreams, her he
Jodi
Jun 16, 2011 Jodi rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-2011
Having a teaching background I kind of liked that Liz was a teacher in this book and she was sort of dealing with some issues that teachers face (students with learning disabilities). I also found the dolphin program really interesting. The love interest between Liz and Todd wasn't quite as interesting to me as the dolphin program but I still really enjoyed it. I really got curious about Hank and Ann's story from reading this book.
steph
Oct 21, 2011 steph rated it really liked it
Really good books. Fast read (especially for being 2 in 1). I enjoyed Miss Liz's Passion (especially with the dolphin rehabilitation story) but I must admit, I enjoyed the bonus book more. Something about Cage and Belle's story just got to me. Either way, worth the read. Very pleasurable way to spent a afternoon.
Moira
May 03, 2013 Moira rated it really liked it
Sherryl Woods is always an enjoyable read.

Liked the bonus book too and will have to look for more from Allison Leigh. Love the 2 for 1 books that introduce me to new authors.
Kristi
Jun 23, 2012 Kristi rated it liked it
Two books in one! A great, quick read from Harlequin.
Janai
Apr 17, 2011 Janai rated it it was amazing
it was a really good book!
Susan Dalley
Aug 01, 2012 Susan Dalley rated it liked it
These are early-ish books for both of these authors and their writing has matured. Neither was bad, but both seemed slowly paced.
Ellen
Sep 23, 2011 Ellen rated it did not like it
Old book with new title
Brenda Mcphail
May 14, 2014 Brenda Mcphail rated it really liked it
Good double reader :)
Anna
Sep 01, 2012 Anna rated it liked it
2 books in 1, 2nd was better then the first.
Sheryl Kirby
Apr 08, 2013 Sheryl Kirby rated it it was ok
Didn't think the conversation characters had always flowed or the reactions to something said made sense
Amelia-Irene
Feb 16, 2015 Amelia-Irene rated it really liked it
This book deals with dyslexia and is just as valid today as it was when written in 2004.
Tammy Cheeseman
Tammy Cheeseman rated it it was amazing
Jul 09, 2013
Kristi
Kristi rated it really liked it
Mar 21, 2011
Kathy Anthony
Kathy Anthony rated it really liked it
Jun 30, 2014
Radia
Radia rated it it was ok
Oct 05, 2015
Vanessa Benitez
Vanessa Benitez rated it really liked it
May 22, 2015
Guida
Guida rated it really liked it
Oct 04, 2014
Patt
Patt rated it it was amazing
Mar 30, 2013
Lyndsie
Lyndsie rated it it was amazing
Feb 02, 2012
Angela
Angela rated it really liked it
Apr 21, 2013
Leslie
Leslie rated it really liked it
Aug 23, 2015
Kitten DeMortimer
Kitten DeMortimer rated it it was amazing
Jun 02, 2012
Kim Ritchie
Kim Ritchie rated it liked it
Oct 04, 2012
Lauren
Lauren rated it really liked it
Dec 24, 2011
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • His First Noelle (Men Out of Uniform #13)
  • Cowboy Up (Sons of Chance, #5)
  • Beware of the Boss
  • Craving Her Rough Diamond Doc
  • No Ordinary Home
  • The Sweetest Hours
  • How to Mend a Broken Heart
  • Fallen (Beartooth, Montana, #0.5)
  • Dear Maggie
  • The Unexpected Husband: Jury of His Peers / Any Sunday
  • The Mist and the Magic
  • The Right Mr. Wrong (Modern Tempted)
  • How to Wed a Baron (Daughtry Family, #4)
  • A Man Like Him (Templeton Cove, #2)
  • Crossfire Christmas (The Precinct #24)
  • Into The Fire (First Responders, #3)
  • Captain Corcoran's Hoyden Bride
  • Ryders Ridge
With two other careers to her credit before becoming a novelist and four states in which she's lived for extended periods of time, Sherryl Woods has collected friends and memories, along with way too much unnecessary junk.

"The friends are the only things I've brought with me through the years that really matter," she says. "I could probably live without one more chintz teacup, another tin-litho sa
More about Sherryl Woods...