Start by marking “Falling Hard (At the Party, #2)” as Want to Read:
Falling Hard (At the Party, #2)

Falling Hard (At the Party #2)

3.32  ·  Rating Details  ·  1,001 Ratings  ·  48 Reviews
Emily and Ashton couldn't be more different. She's quiet and sweet, he's popular and outspoken. And when he flirts with her one night at the party she's throwing, Emily knows she should stay away. It's never a good idea to get involved with the hottest guy in school; you're only setting yourself up for heartbreak.

But even though Ashton might come across as cool and confide
Nook, 29 pages
Published January 5th 2011 by Lauren Barnholdt

To ask other readers questions about Falling Hard, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Falling Hard

Sita
I read this in like 20 minutes on a friday night (because I have no life...). And it was good, it was easy to read and the characters were likeable enough. If your looking for something short and fluffy to read, this is it :)
Chrissy
Jan 03, 2012 Chrissy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2012, ebook
First off, this is #2 in a series? Oops! I read it first. It read pretty much like a stand-alone, so hopefully I'm not missing much. Surely not, right?

Okay, this is the story of Emily and Ashton, two high school kids who find each and fall in looooooove during a party. Apparently Emily's mom wants her to be a Mean Girl type chick, (think Rachel McAdam's character, not Lindsay Lohan's) and for some irresponsible reason this grown woman wants Emily to invite popular underaged teens over to irrespo
Emma
Jul 09, 2011 Emma rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: young-adult, romance
A very quick enjoyable read, a light romantic comedy of sorts. I liked the narrative voice switching between Ashton and Emily it was great to see both of their characters development. Both characters seemed very like-able, (usually I don't like female protagonists)the book itself is very short and I read it in under an hour I would suggest this book for anyone wishing to wind down just before going to sleep.
I gave it 4 out of 5 stars because although I really enjoyed it there were just a few ni
Sheryl
I have no idea why people are so hard on authors; this was a sweet story. Sure i'm over 30 which i'm sure isn't the target audience, but it was a sweet little read and i LOVED it!
PattyPepperpotts
Aug 20, 2011 PattyPepperpotts rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
It's more of a 1.5 star actually...

Reading this piece makes me feel like going through a brief daydream while doing people watching... you know those moments when you are bored out of your mind that you pass the time making up little stories in your head about the people you see around you just to make the passing of time bearable - stories that are so brief they are actually just plots with potential, stories with just enough details to make it a little bit interesting than staring off into spa
Nate
Jan 13, 2015 Nate rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Suerte que la serie de relatos no llevan un orden, porque he comenzado por el segundo. No se como será el resto, pero Ashton me ha dado un ataque de risa a lo largo de la historia. Su reacción hacia Jasper fue increíblemente... estúpida. Los dos protagonistas me me parecieron flaquear de a momentos pero, oye, ¿qué puedo criticar en tan solo 25 paginas? No mucho, así que no estaré decepcionada.
No estoy acostumbrada a leer cosas tan cortas, ¡pero veamos que tal las otras tres historias!
Danielle
Dec 28, 2012 Danielle rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Okay let me just start this review like this. It picked up where it left off from PART ONE right away which was great. And this whole Brody Campbell Natalia thing is really entertaining for me but oh my god there is a part where Cam and Natalie are fighting on the phone and I just started geeking! These two are too cute. I keep imagining Natalia in my head and the girl I make her out to be I LOVE!

The plot is really getting good and if I don’t finish this book tonight I’m going to be PO’D! Forgi
Michelle Cano
Goodreads esta loco porque este es el primer....amm no se si puedo llamarlo libro, porque digo, tiene solo 30 hojas, pero este es el primer *inserte aqui cualquier nombre para esto* de creo mini saga (¿?) (o algo así)

La verdad no sé como termine leyendo esto y tampoco se que me esperaba de esto, solo empece a leerlo y fue algo así como: ¿WTF?

Igual le he dado 2 estrellas, pero que conste que he leido cosas peores, y la verdad es que, bueno para ser una historia corta no esta taaaaaaaaan mal (au
Emma (BelleBooks)
I discovered this series after reading the first four books in Lauren Barnholdt's other mini series, The Witches of Santa Anna.

Just like that series this one id made up of short novellas, although I would recommend that you read The Witches of Santa Anna first, as there are characters in this series which originate from Santa Anna.

This book was a short and sweet little romance novella, based on Emily and Ashton. Emily is hosting the party, but isn't really involved in it at all, it's not her sce
Vidhi Chheda
Before I read this, didn't realize it was going to be a short book (since it was the first book of the series that I was reading). So when I finish the book 20 mins later, am just confused whether I was reading a complete version, is it really over???
Amy Grieve
A cute little story. I liked it better than book 1.
Sana
Sep 07, 2015 Sana rated it did not like it
Shelves: read-in-2011
Falling Hard is told from the perspective of the host of the party and the story, though highly unlikely, was interesting.

The personality of Emily and Ashton are almost polar opposites. Emily goes to the kitchen to make some Kool-Aid and from there Ashton catches her and they talk a bit. Granted, that's that is just a hell of a short time to get attracted to someone, but they kinda do.

Then there was this psycho girlfriend part. It got better after that part and then ended on a sweet note.
Jody
Dec 12, 2011 Jody rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebook, contemporary
After I read the first book, Telling Secrets (At the Party 1) which I gave 2 stars, I said I wouldnt read the rest. Im happy I changed my mind because I really liked this one. Four books, one party, four different romances. I enjoyed this one and Ashton and Emily make a really cute couple and it turned out to be a sweet fun quick read. Will be reading At the Party 3 for sure.
Tiffany
Dec 17, 2011 Tiffany rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a short Story of a girl named Emily, this takes place at her own party with a guy (Her boyfriend at the end of the story) named Ashton Wagner. He is a popular guy from school and he has a crush on her. I don't really have anything else to talk about because this book took me about 25 minutes ill say to read it. But its a good book.
Kylah Polidore
Feb 25, 2013 Kylah Polidore rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Bobs (Reader Unbound)
This story was exactly what I needed. It was light, romantic with a lot of laugh out loud moments. Both Emily and Ashton were such a likable characters and I loved the way the author did not try to soften the differences between them, but emphasize on the fact that despite them they still are a perfect for each other.
Gracie
Apr 26, 2011 Gracie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebooks
Emily and Ashton's connection just felt so-so. I mean, I liked the alternation POV, but if that wansn't there, then I would've thought that it was just forced.

It was a light, quick read. Though it wasn't as good as the first one, it's definitely a good little short story to read during a break or so.

Maggie
Feb 05, 2012 Maggie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ya
YA novella, so you've got to give some lee-way for character and plot development. That said, I do love Lauren Barnholdt. The characters she creates feel really real, but this one--not sure if it's due to its short length or not--but it read like fanfiction. If anyone else wrote this one, I think I'd rate it 2 stars.
Catalina Sennett
Emily is the host of the party that the short novellas take plavce at. She is not really known in school, except that she houses the parties. She is crushing on Ashton, who happens to be a popular guy at school, and he likes her back. Find out if their feelings are ever revealed during the party. A fast, cute read.
Shxrxn
Sep 03, 2011 Shxrxn rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
You don’t think what’s a good idea?
- Ashton
This. Conversing with you.
- Emily
Oh. Well, it’s probably not, but that doesn’t mean we shouldn’t do it.
- Ashton
You just… you’re so… you’re just… you’re like a dessert that needs to be savored. You can’t just go having the whole thing in one sitting.
khungkhing
Nov 02, 2011 khungkhing rated it it was ok
Shelves: young-adult
"Falling Hard" is okay to me. However if I compare it with the others book in At the Party Series, this book is the weakest one. I can't pinpoint it for you; if you read it, you'll know. The characters in "Falling Hard" are well...interested but weird. So two stars for this books.
Michele
Nov 09, 2011 Michele rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ya
Ridiculously short, crude and unbelievable story. Neither the girl or the boy character are particularly appealing, and their instant attraction is told, not felt. Perhaps it the story were longer and the characters allowed to develop more, it would have been more viable.
Stephanie:) :D :P loves COOKIES! D.
This book was ok, because the story was cute and romantic and stuff. But the problem was that the story of this book was REALLY, REALLY, REALLY, REALLY short read and that was the main reason I've putted this book a four stars.
Nicole
May 03, 2012 Nicole rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very short story. It's pretty good for it's length. I liked that the characters were realistic and that they kept in mind that they had just met. They didn't think they were in love or anything, just that they liked each other.
Elena
Oct 01, 2011 Elena rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviews
Es un libro ideal si buscan algo ligero y corto para leer.

La trama es agradable, un típico amor adolescente a primera vista :)

Ojalá hubiera sido más largo.

Saludos!
Maliha
Mar 20, 2013 Maliha rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
short review available at http://anonymousinterests.wordpress.c...

i really like Emily and her bff, and Ashton too
Claudette
I liked the second installment in the At the Party series as well as th first one, though love at first sight isn't really my thing.
Angel
Aug 29, 2013 Angel rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This one was super short, but I still liked it because it was cute! I probably would have given it more than 3 stars if it was longer. (:
Stacey O'driscoll
Meh, wasn't terrible but a little ridiculous. Perhaps if it had been a novel rather than a short story it woul have been better.
Koral Polidore
Feb 27, 2013 Koral Polidore rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Loved it! <3 The Kool-Aid comment was great! Lauren Barnholdt did a wonderful job capturing the voice of teenagers!
  • Forbidden Boy
  • Plan B
  • Magic Hands
  • Smile for Me
  • Smart Boys & Fast Girls (The Girlfriend's Guide to Boys, #4)
  • His Kiss
  • Beauty and the Bully
  • Caleb + Kate
  • In the Spotlight
  • Defiance (Greystone, #4)
  • Angel Beach (Summer Romance Collection, #2)
  • Unbreakable Love
  • Loving Emily
  • Love and Other Things I'm Bad At (Courtney Von Dragen Smith, #3)

At the Party (4 books)
  • Telling Secrets (At the Party, #1)
  • Getting Close (At the Party, #3)
  • Kissing Perfect (At the Party, #4)