Aftershocks (Colonization, #3)

Aftershocks (Colonization #3)

3.65 of 5 stars 3.65  ·  rating details  ·  1,377 ratings  ·  22 reviews
“ONE OF THE MOST MEMORABLE SERIES OF ALTERNATIVE HISTORY NOVELS EVER WRITTEN.”
Science Fiction Age

World War II has evolved into decades of epic struggles and rebellions targeting the aliens known as the Race. As the 1960s begin, one of Earth’s great powers launches a nuclear strike against the Race’s colonization fleet–and the merciless invaders find themselves confrontin...more
Mass Market Paperback, 611 pages
Published February 26th 2002 by Del Rey (first published January 1st 2001)

Nathan
Oddly, this one just stops. Lizards and humans struggle to get on with life for a few years of time, with a couple of bits of hazard, and then the book just stops. Almost mid-sentence. No big climax, no resolution, nothing. Strange. Rated M for some violence, coarse language and sex scenes. 2.5/5
Matteo Pellegrini

Il ciclo di 'Colonizzazione', di cui questo è il terzo volume, prosegue la saga di 'Invasione' e si svolge vent'anni dopo. I Rettili controllano parte della Terra ma non sono riusciti a sottomettere le principali potenze, mentre gli umani si sono adattati alla loro presenza, presi fra la tendenza a lasciarsi assimilare e l'insopprimibile desiderio di ribellione. In questo volume si alternano l'ordalia parallela del pilota tedesco Johannes Drucker e del capo ribelle ebreo Mordechai Anielewicz in

AmblingBooks
The conclusion to Harry Turtledove's Colonization series details the final stand of Earth's superpowers against extraterrestrial invaders. World War II evolved into decades of epic rebellions against the Race. Now as the 1960s begin, one of Earth's powers launches a nuclear strike against the Race's colonization fleet.

Listen to Colonization: Aftershocks on your smartphone, notebook or desktop computer.
Steven
This book doesn't even remotely tie off most of its plot threads - the author just stopped writing at some point. Many characters' plot arcs for the last three books come to precisely nothing. There also seems to be a huge inconsistency in Marseille - a character gets out of jail twice somehow (with no indication that he was re-arrested). It's a good read if you're invested in the universe but it's not good objectively.
Emma
This book was awesome in that it continued the stories of the characters from previous books who, as I've mentioned, I really like. This book was also very disappointing in that it has no conclusion!

Read my full review at my book review blog
James
The second four-book series about humanity's encounter with alien invaders moves toward its conclusion - more of Harry Turtledove's excellent-as-usual alternate history SF, blending action with serious ideas and appealing human interest. I hope he never gets tired of writing.
Julie Pedersen witt
On to book 8 of the series. I have to finish this to find out what happens but it's been a long read. Generations go by, people disappear from one book to the next and you never know what actually happened to some of them. But #8 is sitting on my coffee table....
Corey Peters
7th book in the series, one to go. A step down from the last one too. Some good ideas, but I figured out the "big reveal" last book already so all in all, the whole premise was a bit predictable. Looking forward to finishing this off and moving on...
Ryan
Aug 02, 2012 Ryan rated it 2 of 5 stars
Shelves: sci-fi
I really didn't like this book. I thought it was actually going to be alternate history, but in reality it was just a weird science fiction story with no real hook. I stopped reading half way through.
Kurt Vosper
Harry Turtledove, aliens, changing history. Good and bad parts in every book in this series. At times I felt the book flew, at other times I felt I had to force myself to continue.
Aaron Gladki
This book just sort of..... stopped. Nothing resolved other than a one paragraph hint at a sequel. Enjoyed the series, but the end of each book was a let down.
Kallierose
This was just as much fun to read as the rest of the series. If you're a fan of sci-fi alternative history books, you ought to give this series a shot.
Brentman99
Dec 03, 2013 Brentman99 rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Those who read the Balance series.
Another great book in a very enjoyable series. If you liked his Balance series, you will love this continuation of the timeline. A fun read.
D.C. Belton
Very little in the way of keen insights. What was the point? Difficult to believe that young people would behave like lizards.
Boyd
Can the Nations keep the peace? Or is there complete destruction as H.G. Wells had predicted.
Richard
Just leaves it hanging and uninteresting. This series is a waste of time.
Elly Wendy
Excellent. Insightful, intriguing, revealing, funny. Love this trilogy.
Lorenzo
Terzo volume della Serie Colonizzazione. Da leggere come gli altri
John
one of my favorite series but starting to loose it's punch.
Loopy

ended with less than a fizzle
Peter Pier
...another still to be read
Jerry
Jerry added it
Jul 05, 2014
Tom Koffer
Tom Koffer marked it as to-read
Jul 04, 2014
Dave
Dave marked it as to-read
Jul 04, 2014
Kyle Langley
Kyle Langley marked it as to-read
Jul 01, 2014
  • Designated Targets (Axis of Time, #2)
  • 1824: The Arkansas War (Trail of Glory, #2)
  • 1942
  • Stars and Stripes Forever (Stars and Stripes, #1)
  • Against the Tide of Years (Nantucket, #2)
  • The Two Georges
  • Hitler Victorious: Eleven Stories of the German Victory in World War II
  • A Band of Brothers (Lost Regiment #7)
  • Lion's Blood (Lion's Blood, #1)
Dr Harry Norman Turtledove is an American novelist, who has produced a sizeable number of works in several genres including alternate history, historical fiction, fantasy and science fiction.

Harry Turtledove attended UCLA, where he received a Ph.D. in Byzantine history in 1977.

Turtledove has been dubbed "The Master of Alternate History". Within this genre he is known both for creating original sce...more
More about Harry Turtledove...
The Guns of the South In the Balance (Worldwar, #1) How Few Remain (Timeline-191, #1) Tilting the Balance (Worldwar, #2) Striking the Balance (Worldwar, #4)