Start by marking “Fairies 101: An Introduction to Connecting, Working, and Healing with the Fairies and Other Elementals” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
Fairies 101: An Introd...

Doreen Virtue

4.02 of 5 stars 4.02  ·  rating details  ·  343 ratings  ·  25 reviews
Fairies are very real and loving beings who want to help us live joyful, prosperous, and healthy lives. In this enlightening book, Doreen Virtue clearly explains who the fairies are, how they're helping us, and ways to connect with their magical energy. True stories from people who've encountered fairies and benefited from their assistance illustrate Doreen's teachings. Yo ...more
Published March 1st 2007 by Hay House, Inc. (first published February 15th 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Fairies 101, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fairies 101

Lori Schiele
Doreen Virtue has written a large number of very informative books about magick, angels, fairies and other elementals. This book was very short -- only 113 pages with one-third of the pages being beautiful drawn depictions of fairies. I read the entire book in about one hour, however, I learned a lot from it and it was a well-spent hour.
For those who know a lot about fairies and how to communicate with them, you probably don't need to read this book. But if you are curious, or are just beginnin
Heather
Jan 24, 2008 Heather rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone who believes that magic does exist
I read this and decided to apply some of the stuff just for kicks. Shortly after I hung crystals, by some odd coincidence or what have you, dragonflies started coming and a hummingbird nested in the climber rose. We still have our roses blooming like crazy in the middle of January!
Catarina
I want to write a proper review but I'll like to start by saying that sometimes I wish Doreen was more "technical", although how much tecnic can one use with these type of themes is always a moo point.

~ * ~
Like I promised one my first one-line review when I first finished this book I will now review it properly.
Eden
I've always been a believer in fairies and other things that people don't normally believe in. Fairies have always interested me and this is a good book for someone who is beginning research/working with fairies.
It has many great stories of people's experiences working with fairies and it tells you ways you can begin to work with the fairies yourself. It has also has a chapter on fairy Kings and Queens, which I thought was pretty neat.
The pictures in this book are also very beautiful.
I highly re
Mike Aragona
I was expecting a lot more from this book, perhaps believing that the "101" aspect was not being truthful. In the end, the book really is little more than a bit of 'facts' on fairies mixed in with personal accounts.[return][return]An easy read with quick-to-use suggestions, but just nowhere as deep as I expected.[return][return]I will say that all the paintings are absolutely beautiful, however.
N.L. Riviezzo
This book is an honest waste of paper with nothing to contribute. The only redeeming aspects were some of the paintings.
Elena
May 29, 2013 Elena rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Environmentally-conscious people who are spiritual
My mother is an avid gardener, and being a natural clairvoyant my whole life I knew one of the spirits guarding an indoor plant which I worked very near to in her home growing up. She wasn't very environmentally conscious, though. I'm looking to populate my little apartment with some plants, and I wanted to do it in a way that would be respectful of the elementals and I trust Doreen's clairvoyant and channeling skills so I got this book. It has a very succinct summary of the "fairy queens and ki ...more
Encruzilhadas Literárias
3,5/5

I would like to start by saying that this book is visually stunning. The pages are fully coloured and the illustrations are breathtaking, this is a very pretty book and a fantastic choice of gift if you know someone who loves fairies. Although it's short (not even 150 pages) it's fulfils it's duty as an introduction and it even gives several useful tolls to work with the fairies.
The on
Judy
The art work is pretty and the content is interesting, but I didn't like the Christian overtones the author uses with this particular subject.
Monica
enjoyable :) Also an easy read, as I read it with/to my 9 yr old with ease.
Melony Barton
A great book for those who are just being introduced to the wonderful world of faeries, nature spitits and elementals.
Fairies 101 touches the surfuace on how to connect and work with faeries and other elementals, shares real life stories on ecounters with them, and has beautiful artwork.
This book helped me dig deeper and find out more about them because there really is so much to learn.
Em
I read this awhile ago, and I didn't even realize it was by Doreen Virtue. I am going to say what everyone else says: Gorgeous art, lack of content.
If the beautiful art wasn't in this book, this book would get a one star from me, because it did not have great information.
Nelida
Basic information about this magical elemental creatures. Uplifting stories and beautiful illustrations. Very easy to read, was done in about 2 hours but enjoyed every second of it. Another wonderful book by Doreen Virtue.
Kayleigh Dolly D'Andilly
Such a wonderful, upliftting book. It's full of knowlage and stories about the fairy world. So happy that my Mum gave me this to read. A must read for anyone that believes in faires.
Beautiful pictures, but, reads a little like a commercial. Too many examples, all though, still very informative about meeting and keeping fairies in and around your home.
Leannear24
i think that if you are interested and are only starting to learn about fairies then this is a good book to start with
also it had some quite nice stories too
Leisl
Aug 01, 2008 Leisl rated it 2 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: my youngest daughter
Not a lot of real good, in depth information, but it's a wonderful introduction to faeries, especially for children. And the artwork is really beautiful.
Natalie Lozano
I love fairies! I felt this book is informative. I also like the fairy encounter stories in the book. My onnly problem is I wish it were longer.
Francine
This is a nice little bit if you are introducing someone to fantasy/fairy world.
Ana
Beautiful images, great little book. It will fill you with magic and light-heartedness.
Ellen
How to connect with fairies, and how to look for evidence of their presence.
Kendra
Re-read 6/09

A cutesy quickie book on what Fairies can do.
Holly
What a special artistic treat!
Katt
Love the art work.
Relaynie
fairies
Daniela
Daniela marked it as to-read
Aug 25, 2015
  • Fairies: Real Encounters With Little People
  • A Witch's Guide To Faery Folk: How to Work With the Elemental World
  • The Witch's Broom: The Craft, Lore & Magick of Broomsticks
  • Barbarian Lord
  • Animal Spirit Guides: An Easy-to-Use Handbook for Identifying and Understanding Your Power Animals and Animal Spirit Helpers
  • Babushka Baba Yaga
  • The Book of Stones: Who They Are & What They Teach
  • The Chakra Bible: The Definitive Guide to Working with Chakras
  • The Old Magic of Christmas: Yuletide Traditions for the Darkest Days of the Year
Doreen Virtue is a fourth-generation metaphysician and clairvoyant doctor of psychology. Doreen is the author of numerous best-selling books and products, including Assertiveness for Earth Angels, and Healing With the Angels book and cards.

She's been featured on Oprah, CNN, Good Morning America, and in newspapers and magazines worldwide including her weekly column in Woman's World magazine called
More about Doreen Virtue...
The Lightworker's Way: Awakening Your Spiritual Power to Know and Heal Healing with the Angels: How the Angels Can Assist You in Every Area of Your Life Archangels and Ascended Masters Messages from Your Angels Healing With The Fairies: Messages, Manifestations and Love from the World of the Fairies: How Nature's Angels Can Help You in Every Area of Your Life

“So the fairies are wonderfully helpful for anything involving animals. They’ll even help you find lost pets or locate a new one for adoption.” 1 likes
“Fairies are animals’ guardian angels.” 0 likes