Stormswept (Ingo, #5)

Stormswept (Ingo #5)

3.89 of 5 stars 3.89  ·  rating details  ·  377 ratings  ·  37 reviews
An atmospheric and beautifully written adventure, from the award-winning author of INGO.

Morveren lives with her parents and twin sister Jenna on an island off the coast of Cornwall - an island that in the long distant past was devastated by a tidal wave, its halls and people lost. Only some of those taken by the sea may not have been lost at all! Now, as Morveren and Jenn...more
Hardcover, First, 352 pages
Published January 5th 2012 by HarperCollins (first published January 1st 2012)

Everneath by Brodi AshtonIncarnate by Jodi MeadowsThe Selection by Kiera CassPure by Jennifer L. ArmentroutBlood Slave by Travis Luedke
Beautiful Book Covers of 2012
24th out of 154 books — 210 voters
Pure by Jennifer L. ArmentroutHalf-Blood by Jennifer L. ArmentroutSilence by Becca FitzpatrickStarcrossed by Josephine AngeliniOf Poseidon by Anna Banks
Breathtaking Book Covers
37th out of 213 books — 198 voters

More lists with this book...

???
I've always loved the Ingo books and this was just the cherry on top of the cake. Writing is awesome believable goodness (and I've always maintained that, that a fantasy book shouldn't be realistic so much as believable) and beautiful pacing and characterisation sigh. This stuff is like Animorphs for me, I love it so bad.

I do miss stories about Sapphire, Connor, Faro, Elvira (dislike) and Rainbow (*squeal*!) but really after The Crossing of Ingo I wasn't sure how much could be done.

The only thin...more
The Sweet Bookshelf
If you've never read any middle grade, you are missing out! This story is so pure. Stormswept is so well written. It is almost lyrical, like music.

I've not read a Mer story in awhile, and the summary intrigued me. I'm so glad I picked it up. I loved it! Morveren lives by the sea and finds a Mer Boy who has been beached. With her twin sister, she gets him to safety in a pool of water close by. But, not back in the sea. While Malin is trying to recover, Morveren is trying to find out how to make...more
Michelle (Much Loved Books)
When I first received my copy of Stormswept I was unsure of whether I would be able to read it without having read any of the previous books in the series. I was happy to find that Stormswept stands alone by itself as a great read and I did not feel like I had missed out on any of the plot or continuing story by not having read any of the other books.

Stormswept is about a girl called Morveren who lives with her family on an tiny island, and on helping search for a missing sailor stumbles upon Ma...more
Sue Ann Lim
Getting straight to the point, Stormswept was just OK for me. It wasn't good, but it wasn't bad either. I did not like this as much as the other four books in the Ingo series. The ending in Crossing of Ingo was one of my favs so far. I was hoping for more of what I read in those for books but I was kinda disappointed.

When I finished this book, I felt lost. I felt as if I read a lot and yet understood nothing. There was not enough of character development in Stormswept (for me). There was not e...more
Kristine
Given my current schedule,I can't believe I read this in two days flat and neglected other more pressing issues *coughs* like homework *coughs* Anyway,it has been a long time since I last read a book from the 'J' section in the public library,and I have to say that this sequel to the Ingo series did not disappoint. I first read the Ingo series when I was in primary school and I remember being absolutely enchanted by and so passionate about it. So,it had all the charm that Ingo held (can you resi...more
Shell
I'm really sorry but i just. couldn't get into this one like I did the previous ones. Was ok. Shame as was looking forward to it
Jessica Mooney
this was amazing I kinda felt sorry that she never joined him. she choose family i hope make sequel for her and him.
Wendy
It had been a while since I've picked up a book from these series but as soon as I opened the page, I was hooked. Although little confused since the events from the 4th book were a little hazy, I will admit.

But I loved it! Finished it in one setting and can't wait for the next book =)
Sophia
This book was amazing! There was so much detail and the author made it so suspenseful I couldn't put it down. I would like to read the sequel(if there is one) and if not, the author should have added a bit more to the end.
Shandy Yeo
Judul: Stormswept (The Ingo Chronicles #5)
Penulis: Helen Dunmore (12 Desember 1952)
Publikasi: United Kingdom, 1 Januari 2012

Setelah melihat adanya buku kelima seri Ingo di internet, saya pun menebak-nebak, kapan akan diterjemahkan ke Indonesia. Tidak puas kalau di lemari ada empat buku sebelumnya tapi buku kelima malah tidak ada.

Pengarang kembali memunculkan pergolakan panjang dalam diri tokoh. Bedanya, kali ini tokoh utamanya adalah orang yang berbeda. Secara keseluruhan, gaya penulisannya sama...more
Mimi Chan
its not bad but its not as what I think the Ingo series
Faith Kempe
One of my favorites.
STORMAGEDDON
When I saw this book was at chapters...I nearly pulled my hair out. I could not believe it had been there all that time and I hadn't know. Usually when one of her books comes out in britain I'm dying inside waiting for it to come to Canada. How was I not all over this? oh well, I have it, I've read it, and my craving for more of Ingo has been satisfied. I don't even care if it was all new characters. It is still the same Ingo. The place that doesn't allow you to make any mistakes. Because it mak...more
Katy
Jul 04, 2013 Katy rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Anyone who loves mermaids and other supernatural creatures/magic
I loved this book! I never actually thought that Helen Dunmore was going to write another mer book after Crossing of Ingo, but she did, and I have to say that I was ecstatic when I found it in the library! The books in the Ingo Series are some of the very few books about mermaids that I like!

I hope that she'll write another book, otherwise I shall find myself trying to fill a large hoel in my reading soul with lots of vampire rubbish (not all vampire stuff is rubbish, but Ingo is better).
Selah Bell
Morveren and her twin sister live on an island. They know the tales of how a giant wave came and swept away the land connecting them to rest of the country. They think they're conntent with the life they know. Thery think they know everything about themselves. But when Morveren finds a young mere-man trapped and injured, everything about her seems to be different. What is different about her? Why is her twin so different to her now? What is up with their younger brother?
Tressa
Good book but certainly not as good as the other 4 books in the Ingo series. I found the twins in this a little annoying and couldn't see what the character Bran & his Dad really added! However, it is a young adults book, probably aimed for about 12 years plus so I shouldn't judge it by adult standards. Had I been 12 years old again, I'd probably have given it 4 stars!!
Pam

do not have to read the others in the series to enjoy this one... series..

good for intermediates will have to check if works for gr 5 and 6....
Freefallen ~ YA Reviewer
"Yet another imaginary delight from Helen Dunmore. She can make you picture things so clearly in your mind, and never fails in delivering that sense of realism. This book was even more special for me because I've been to the locations hinted at within. This is a very beautiful read."
Holly
To my knowledge, this book has still not been published in nor made available in America. I purchased my copy in £ from a company on amazon.uk. That said, it was a wonderful read and for those of you in love with Ingo, well worth the trouble of Rosing from overseas.
Serendipity
I didn't like this book as much as the previous books in the Ingo Quartet with Sapphire and her friends. Still well-written with Dunmore's lyrical style and voice, but I liked the characters in the Ingo Quartet better.
Devereau Booth
Claire
Loved this book. Great addition to the series though I still prefer the original characters but this was great and cant wait for the next one to come out.
Foggygirl
I love Helen Dunmore's Ingo series, it is one the best kids' series out there, right up there with Harry Potter and the Chronicles of Narnia!
Lydia Johal
this was very good, has anyone realised that morverns last name treval is the same as sapphire and conors, so im guessing there related?
Stephanie
well written and good story line

i prefer the previous stories by this author but this was a good continuation of the story.
Kitty
Mar 12, 2012 Kitty marked it as to-read
I'm excited to read this! Hopefully I can salvage some old Barnes and Noble gift cards in my drawers to get enough to buy it.
Sofia
although I miss the old characters, Stormswept is a beautiful story and I would definately recommend it to future readers.
Garrett
Sep 08, 2011 Garrett marked it as to-read
Ooh! I love the cover! I'm guessing the first four books will have reprints to match this cover as well?
  • Lucy (Daughters of the Sea, #3)
  • The Secret of the Emerald Sea
  • Merrow
  • Real Mermaids Don't Hold Their Breath (Real Mermaids, #2)
  • Siren's Call (Dark Tides, #1)
  • Siren's Storm (Siren's Storm, #1)
  • Teenage Mermaid
  • Ascension (Water, #1)
  • In Great Waters
  • Fathom
  • Selina Penaluna
  • Waking Storms (Lost Voices, #2)
  • Tidal Whispers
  • The Forbidden Sea
  • Evergreen (Mer Tales, #2)
  • Dark Water (Siren, #3)
  • Tempest Unleashed (Tempest, #2)
  • Beyond the Sea (Beyond the Sea, #1)
I was born in December 1952, in Yorkshire, the second of four children. My father was the eldest of twelve, and this extended family has no doubt had a strong influence on my life, as have my own children. In a large family you hear a great many stories. You also come to understand very early that stories hold quite different meanings for different listeners, and can be recast from many viewpoints...more
More about Helen Dunmore...
Ingo (Ingo, #1) Tide Knot (Ingo, #2) The Deep (Ingo, #3) The Crossing of Ingo (Ingo, #4) The Siege