Start by marking “Life Everlasting (Santee, #2)” as Want to Read:
Life Everlasting (Santee, #2)

Life Everlasting (Alexia Lindale #2)

With her client's husband somewhere between this world and the next, attorney Alexia Lindale makes an everlasting choice.

The youngest son of a family consumed by greed, Baxter Richardson lingers on this earth in a coma. His wife wants him dead to protect her secrets. His brother wants him deadto gain control of the family empire. And though Baxter's father fights to keep h
Published October 16th 2004 by Thomas Nelson Publishers (first published October 15th 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Life Everlasting, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Life Everlasting

Jenny (Reading Envy)
I'm not the target audience for this book. It is schmaltzy in the music-healing parts and not very realistic in the death-drama parts. Everything is just so very convenient, which is a common experience in inspirational fiction. Why write a solid plot line if God's divine plan overrides normal human interaction? God can be a very convenient presence for a writer.

It is the continuation of the story started in Life Support by the same author. I skimmed through it to find out how everything ended u
Jerry
Jan 11, 2017 Jerry rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
In my review of the first book, I said that Alexia Lindale was my literary crush...and this book made me feel the same way.
Kim Pierce
Feb 16, 2014 Kim Pierce rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good book. I like the theme of forgiveness and salvation that ran throughout the book. Through Alex's interacttions with other characters we saw that everyone, despite what we may think they have done, is offered forgiveness and salvation in and through Christ and that our job is to help (not hinder) at every turn each other in finding them. And I like how it shows that God never gives up on finding us. He will make himself known to anyone, anywhere, anytime who is willing to see him. Our one tr ...more
Mary
Jul 25, 2011 Mary rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Life Everlasting is the first book I have read written by Robert Whitlow. I didn’t realize that the book was a sequel. However, Mr. Whitlow was very adept at bringing me up to speed on the characters and the story from the previous book without dumping a bunch of information in the first chapter. I didn’t find it difficult to understand without having read the first book Life Support.

One of the things I appreciated the most in this book was the way the religious overtone was handled. I have read
Belindachaplin
Aug 14, 2011 Belindachaplin rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a legal thriller set in South Carolina. Baxter Richardson lies in a coma, after falling from a waterfall, his wife, Rena, faithfully by his side: but there is more to this story. Ted Morgan, the local music minister, plays for Baxter, hoping that the music will help bring healing. He finds that sharing the gift that God has given him increases his own faith as he sees God using the music to touch Baxter.

Once Baxter starts waking up, Rena's difficulties start as she is accused of pushing
Libby
Oct 11, 2011 Libby rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is a continuation of "Life Support". In fact it is more like they were one very long book and they broke it into two books so you would definitely want to have read the first book before this one. I really liked this both of the books in fact I bought the second one as soon as I was done with the first one thanks to a Kindle special offer of any mystery or suspense book off their list for $1 and the second one was one the list!!
These books with help you explore a relationship with Go
Larisha
Oct 17, 2012 Larisha rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Book #2 in the series was fast-paced and I so enjoy how Robert Whitlow ties in the titles of his book, weaves characters lives together and always points the reader back to our Father, God.

This section in the book sums up Life Everlasting so well...a main character, Baxter Richardson is laying on his death bed and his life is about to end, no longer held to earth and prayerfully made ready for heaven and at that moment he needed to be made ready for Life Everlasting.
rjp316
Jul 20, 2009 rjp316 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good book – however I tended to get tired of the legal drama towards the ends especially since I wanted to read what was happening to the characters not really all the legalese. Enjoyed this series and really liked how the book ended – was surprised by the ending it was not totally as I would have predicted, which is a very good thing in a book. Very good book on faith matters with lots of twists and drama. Would highly recommend this book or any other Whitlow book.
Candace Lazzaro
Dec 23, 2013 Candace Lazzaro rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: christian
I am putting Dec 23 as my finish date because I am so close to finishing this book I am just going to finish up with my computer work and read! I misplaced this book yesterday or I'd be done with it. This is a good, fast read but with a message. I am being surprised at the last pages I read. I can't wait to see where it ends up.
Elishya (lace)
Jun 15, 2011 Elishya (lace) rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Second part of the series, after being in a coma and his wife being investigated it is now up to his memory to testify what really happened that day of the "accident" where his wife pushed him over a cliff, trying to kill him. Through more of the investigation and the trial, forgiveness is found!
Angela Dueck
I didn't finish this book because I couldn't get into it. I think part of the reason why I couldn't get into the book was because I had finished the first one a few years ago so I had to work that much harder to read this one. If I had read this one shortly after reading the first one, I think it would have been a lot easier to get into.
Barbara
This book is an exciting mixture of romance, mystery, and legal thriller. Those who like medical books will also find the ups and downs of Baxter Richardson's paralysis and the details of his medical care fascinating. The plot is very well done, but not predictable, and there many memorable characters. It is the conclusion to the previous book in the Santee series, "Life Support."
Elaine Atkins
Jan 04, 2016 Elaine Atkins rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: everyone
This is a great book. I read it in about 4 days. I couldn't put it down! It has a great plot and excellent characters that are believable! He is a great author. He is able to weave Christianity through the book without it being overboard and unrealistic. I throughly enjoyed the book!
Susie
Jun 17, 2016 Susie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good but....

While I am a great fan of Robert Whitlow, this was not my favorite. Seemed to stretch too long in some places and rush at others. Sorry.
Was an interesting look into the life of a habitual liar!
Keiki Hendrix
Feb 07, 2009 Keiki Hendrix rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow, I must say that Robert Whitlow is moving up on favorite authors list. I loved this book. At times it had my head spinning with all the different twists and turns. Great story of faith.

I recommend it highly.
Tia
Feb 11, 2011 Tia rated it it was amazing
I loved it!!!!! This is my second time to read this series and I still feel the same way about it. We passed it around at our office the first time I read it and it made a lively book discusson. I love his writings.
Brandee Terry
Nov 11, 2012 Brandee Terry rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved the ending of the book. There were times throughout that I got really frustrated with Alex. And it's hard when you know a character is a "bad guy" but the other characters don't. It definitely had me yelling at the book more than once.
Amber
Feb 15, 2008 Amber rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was okay. I liked the first one better, this one seemed to drag on a little bit. I kept reading because I wanted to see what happened to the characters. I will probably continue skimming this series just to see what happens.
Kathy Chung
Reviewed at : Mama Kucing Books : Life Everlasting by Robert Whitlow

a good blend of suspense and religion
L
Mar 16, 2015 L rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If you like John Grisham novels and enjoy Christian Fiction, then Robert Whitlow is your man. He weaves wonderful suspense into legal dramas, with the presence of God, redemption, and forgiveness as part of his themes. This one was excellent, and has a surprise ending.
Carolyn
Jan 27, 2016 Carolyn rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Whitlow's books start slow then flow into a masterpiece of mystery, uncertainty and, most importantly, faith. Always a good read!
Sherry
Sep 19, 2012 Sherry rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
You must start with Life Support first. Robert Whitlow's style can be confusing but well worth the read. Christians will understand better than non-believers.
Carla Still
Jan 22, 2012 Carla Still rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Definitely one of my favorite reads. The character and story development was suspenseful. The love story was sweet and innocent. The search for God was real and amazing.
Donna Miller
Jun 27, 2015 Donna Miller rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read book 2 first... but good enough that I will go back and read book 1. Ending was a little sloppy... pulled loose ends together too quickly!
Dianne Karesh
Aug 20, 2016 Dianne Karesh rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another winner

Whitlow has supernatural talent. Its obvious that the Author of life itself is helping with these books. I can't get enough of them. Bring on the next one!
Matt Nash
Jun 22, 2011 Matt Nash rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not as good as the first book, but still worth my time. It's basically a good legal thriller with decent writing.
Jan Williams
Jan 10, 2013 Jan Williams rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A great legal thriller 2nd and last in the series. He is a Christian writer and a really good author. I had a hard time putting this book down and look forward to reading more by this author
Kali Oldacre
Kali Oldacre rated it really liked it
Jun 03, 2014
Rebecca Orona
Rebecca Orona rated it liked it
Aug 21, 2012
Joaquim C. Remelgado
Joaquim C. Remelgado rated it did not like it
Mar 14, 2016
  • Amber Morn (Kanner Lake Series, #4)
  • Ever Present Danger (Phantom Hollow Series, #1)
  • The Cross Examination of Oliver Finney
  • Justifiable Means ( Sun Coast Chronicles, #2)
  • Blood Evidence (NCIS, #2)
  • Breach of Promise
  • Winner Take All
  • Vanished (J.D. Stanton #2)
Robert Whitlow is the best-selling author of legal novels set in the South and winner of the prestigious Christy Award for Contemporary Fiction. A Furman University graduate, Whitlow received his J.D. with honors from the University of Georgia School of Law where he served on the staff of the Georgia Law Review. A practicing attorney, Whitlow and his wife, Kathy, have four children. They make thei ...more
More about Robert Whitlow...

Alexia Lindale (2 books)
  • Life Support (Santee, #1)