Life Everlasting (Alexi Lindale, #2)

Life Everlasting (Alexi Lindale #2)

4.08 of 5 stars 4.08  ·  rating details  ·  494 ratings  ·  26 reviews
With her client's husband somewhere between this world and the next, attorney Alexia Lindale makes an everlasting choice.

The youngest son of a family consumed by greed, Baxter Richardson lingers on this earth in a coma. His wife wants him dead to protect her secrets. His brother wants him deadto gain control of the family empire. And though Baxter's father fights to keep h...more
Published October 16th 2004 by Thomas Nelson Publishers (first published October 15th 2004)

Kim Pierce
Good book. I like the theme of forgiveness and salvation that ran throughout the book. Through Alex's interacttions with other characters we saw that everyone, despite what we may think they have done, is offered forgiveness and salvation in and through Christ and that our job is to help (not hinder) at every turn each other in finding them. And I like how it shows that God never gives up on finding us. He will make himself known to anyone, anywhere, anytime who is willing to see him. Our one tr...more
Mary
Life Everlasting is the first book I have read written by Robert Whitlow. I didn’t realize that the book was a sequel. However, Mr. Whitlow was very adept at bringing me up to speed on the characters and the story from the previous book without dumping a bunch of information in the first chapter. I didn’t find it difficult to understand without having read the first book Life Support.

One of the things I appreciated the most in this book was the way the religious overtone was handled. I have read...more
Belindachaplin
This is a legal thriller set in South Carolina. Baxter Richardson lies in a coma, after falling from a waterfall, his wife, Rena, faithfully by his side: but there is more to this story. Ted Morgan, the local music minister, plays for Baxter, hoping that the music will help bring healing. He finds that sharing the gift that God has given him increases his own faith as he sees God using the music to touch Baxter.

Once Baxter starts waking up, Rena's difficulties start as she is accused of pushing...more
Libby Sellers
This book is a continuation of "Life Support". In fact it is more like they were one very long book and they broke it into two books so you would definitely want to have read the first book before this one. I really liked this both of the books in fact I bought the second one as soon as I was done with the first one thanks to a Kindle special offer of any mystery or suspense book off their list for $1 and the second one was one the list!!
These books with help you explore a relationship with Go...more
rjp316
Good book – however I tended to get tired of the legal drama towards the ends especially since I wanted to read what was happening to the characters not really all the legalese. Enjoyed this series and really liked how the book ended – was surprised by the ending it was not totally as I would have predicted, which is a very good thing in a book. Very good book on faith matters with lots of twists and drama. Would highly recommend this book or any other Whitlow book.
Larisha
Book #2 in the series was fast-paced and I so enjoy how Robert Whitlow ties in the titles of his book, weaves characters lives together and always points the reader back to our Father, God.

This section in the book sums up Life Everlasting so well...a main character, Baxter Richardson is laying on his death bed and his life is about to end, no longer held to earth and prayerfully made ready for heaven and at that moment he needed to be made ready for Life Everlasting.
Candace Lazzaro
I am putting Dec 23 as my finish date because I am so close to finishing this book I am just going to finish up with my computer work and read! I misplaced this book yesterday or I'd be done with it. This is a good, fast read but with a message. I am being surprised at the last pages I read. I can't wait to see where it ends up.
Barbara
This book is an exciting mixture of romance, mystery, and legal thriller. Those who like medical books will also find the ups and downs of Baxter Richardson's paralysis and the details of his medical care fascinating. The plot is very well done, but not predictable, and there many memorable characters. It is the conclusion to the previous book in the Santee series, "Life Support."
Elishya (lace)
The Second part of the series, after being in a coma and his wife being investigated it is now up to his memory to testify what really happened that day of the "accident" where his wife pushed him over a cliff, trying to kill him. Through more of the investigation and the trial, forgiveness is found!
Brandee Terry
I loved the ending of the book. There were times throughout that I got really frustrated with Alex. And it's hard when you know a character is a "bad guy" but the other characters don't. It definitely had me yelling at the book more than once.
Amber
This book was okay. I liked the first one better, this one seemed to drag on a little bit. I kept reading because I wanted to see what happened to the characters. I will probably continue skimming this series just to see what happens.
Tia
I loved it!!!!! This is my second time to read this series and I still feel the same way about it. We passed it around at our office the first time I read it and it made a lively book discusson. I love his writings.
Keiki Hendrix
Wow, I must say that Robert Whitlow is moving up on favorite authors list. I loved this book. At times it had my head spinning with all the different twists and turns. Great story of faith.

I recommend it highly.
Jan Williams
A great legal thriller 2nd and last in the series. He is a Christian writer and a really good author. I had a hard time putting this book down and look forward to reading more by this author
Carla Still
Definitely one of my favorite reads. The character and story development was suspenseful. The love story was sweet and innocent. The search for God was real and amazing.
Sherry
You must start with Life Support first. Robert Whitlow's style can be confusing but well worth the read. Christians will understand better than non-believers.
Matt Nash
Not as good as the first book, but still worth my time. It's basically a good legal thriller with decent writing.
Dimmy-jimmy
good book, i loved the charecters alot, but i can only read so many legal books
Michelle
Jul 24, 2012 Michelle marked it as no-thanks  ·  review of another edition
too melodramatic in the first few chapters, hard to follow too
Ev
It was OK. The client in the story was crazy, though, not believable.
Shevin
Another good one from Robert. Really like his books.
Dawn
Not as good as the first one, but still worth reading.
Judy Blackburn
Pretty good mystery, religious undertones
Carolyn
I like how things work out.
Todd Robbins
Todd Robbins marked it as to-read
Jul 20, 2014
  • Ever Present Danger (Phantom Hollow Series, #1)
  • Coral Moon (Kanner Lake Series #2)
  • The Cross Examination of Oliver Finney
  • Justifiable Means ( Sun Coast Chronicles, #2)
  • The Great Divide
  • Sins of the Fathers
  • At the Scent of Water (Second Chances Collection, #3)
Robert Whitlow is the best-selling author of legal novels set in the South and winner of the prestigious Christy Award for Contemporary Fiction. A Furman University graduate, Whitlow received his J.D. with honors from the University of Georgia School of Law where he served on the staff of the Georgia Law Review. A practicing attorney, Whitlow and his wife, Kathy, have four children. They make thei...more
More about Robert Whitlow...
The List Deeper Water (Tides of Truth, #1) Life Support (Alexi Lindale, #1) The Trial Jimmy