Start by marking “Transformation 4-CD: Make a Change Make a Difference” as Want to Read:
Transformation 4-CD: Make a Change     Make a Difference

Transformation 4-CD: Make a Change Make a Difference

3.58  ·  Rating Details  ·  111 Ratings  ·  20 Reviews

Mention the name Bill Phillips to any of the million people from all walks of life who are now transformed as a result of the energy, inspiration, and knowledge shared in his #1 NewYork Times bestseller, Body-for-LIFE, and watch their faces light up with appreciation and pride!

Now, Bill Phillips is back . . . with the abridged, 4-CD set that goes beyond 12 weeks, and th

Audio CD
Published March 31st 2007 by Hay House

To ask other readers questions about Transformation 4-CD, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Transformation 4-CD

Greg
Feb 18, 2011 Greg rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Pretty amazing book. I doubt the people who rated this book so poorly even bothered to complete the assignments in the book or participated in the online support community.
Angie
Aug 10, 2010 Angie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Absolutely brilliant book. Bill Phillips takes his tried and tested Body-for-LIFE fitness and nutrition instruction and creates a transformation challenge that's even more powerful by exploring the mental, emotional, and spiritual issues that may be causing us to not live the full life we deserve to live. He encourages a lot of soul searching and answers from your heart to help you transform from the inside out. When our insides are good, our outsides will show it. I LOVED this book and have alr ...more
Andy Nieradko
Mar 17, 2012 Andy Nieradko rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very deep, thoughtful read. Inspiring. In this book Bill Phillips goes beyond Body For Life, and teaches a system of transformation that is by no means easy, but definitely do-able. This isn't one of those quick read self help books, it asks the reader to do some heavy heart and soul searching, but it's worth the effort. Whatever you're willing to put into these exercises will come back to you multiplied. Great book.
John Hibbs
Attempts to be a combination of his previous excellent work BODY FOR LIFE and THE SECRET and succeeds at neither. A banal and pedantic read. I wouldn't waste your time.
Kelly
May 28, 2012 Kelly rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
It's just....bad. This isn't Body-for-Life and Phillips goes on to make such crazy claims as if you think healthy thoughts while cooking your food it LITERALLY makes the food you're cooking healthier. Skip this one. Buy his Body-for-LIFE book. While BFL offers REAL advice on nutrition, this offers silly metaphysical advice about imagining balls of light, etc. Bill had a lot of credibility back in the day because BFL really worked for a LOT of people (most of it was a ploy to buy a supplement fro ...more
Amy
Apr 20, 2012 Amy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really like the book an everything about it. There are so many forms of help, ways to be a better person and think outside of the box. Ways to be healthier and gain a better understanding of the deeper parts of you to help you learn who YOU are. I love that it is not just another diet program or fad it teaches you how to live each and every day with whatever changes may happen. Successful online support boards with others who have faced the same problems and do each day. Accountability for you ...more
Joseph Monsen
Apr 03, 2015 Joseph Monsen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Bill has done it again

In Body for life Bill Phillips helps you get a better body in Transformation he helps you achieve a better mind so you can make a total Transformation.
Christina
Jun 21, 2012 Christina rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Amazon.com crowd trashed this book, yet it's a great introduction to the topics he covers, like forgiveness, concealments, nutrition and other basics for mental and emotional transformation. Do the exercises at the end of each chapter because the book is well worth the read as an introduction. You don't have to join his Transformation community online, by the way.

I checked the book out of the library where I work. The library is the source of most of the books I read. Yet as an introduction
Tracyteacher05
Phillips goes beyond his Body for Life ideas by delving deeper into the why we do what we do and how we can overcome those inner battles we have with ourselves. Our body transformation is more than what we eat and how we exercise, but how we think, what kinds of things we are holding onto mentally, how we feel emotionally, etc. It was a good read--pretty short. I read it in an hour.

The web site http://transformation.com is probably the gem of this whole book. The support there is tremendous and
Jon Woods
Aug 18, 2012 Jon Woods rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: transformation
The book was an amazing find for me. Bill covers so much territory that is currently on my mind, my heart, my to do lists in life. Lots of practical advice, and very pointed in inspiring you to take action on the things you know you should be doing for yourself. It's much more than just a book about dieting and exercising. It's about total health and wellness as a person. Filled with emotional, spiritual and social implications. Will definitely re-read this one, slowly. Highly recommend it!
Lindy
Nov 05, 2010 Lindy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
While I liked this book and like this man, I'm only giving 3 stars, maybe because of my religious beliefs and background, none of this was new (though I certainly need a reminder and need to actually do it!). However, I did appreciate the research behind these ideas. He writes not just about food and exercise (which was all he covered in his Eating for Life book), but about gratitude, addictions, praying, forgiveness, etc as part of maintaining a healthy body.
Marie
Jun 26, 2012 Marie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I've been thinking that I do need to add a review for this book. Bill Phillips is an inspiration to me. I've been dragging his Body for Life book around with me since 1999. His views on health and fitness, makes sense. His first book concentrates more on your workout routine but this Transformation books, takes into account, body, mind and spirit. It is important to check out his transformation website too if you want to get his full message. :)
Suzanne
I really enjoyed reading this book. I enjoyed the psychology aspect of getting healthy. It made me look at how I look at food and my body differently. It is disappointing that in order to get his whole transformation plan, you have to buy it online. It really never mentions that in the book and so you're left wondering and wandering to see what you've missed. You could do the plan without the book but you can't do it with just the book.
Gaylynne Coates
Well rounded perspective to health. Not just food and exercise - but also your mental, emotional, spiritual, social needs and how they are all connected to your physical health and well being. Now, I just need to stick to the plan!!!
Tracy
Mar 08, 2012 Tracy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fitness and Health made SIMPLE!
Includes a full program with online support and everything one needs to live a healthy lifestyle, and transform in weeks.
Beverly
Sep 26, 2012 Beverly rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I didn't find anything new or helpful. Kind of cheese, really.
Mo
Aug 11, 2007 Mo marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Wow, Bill Phillips is sporting some serious highlights...!
Tim Plett
Mar 08, 2016 Tim Plett rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: self-help, fitness
Great help along the way to change.
Nina
Sep 24, 2013 Nina rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
all about creating good habits.
Ruth Ann
Jun 13, 2011 Ruth Ann rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction
Awesome book
Matthew Keighley
Matthew Keighley marked it as to-read
Apr 26, 2016
Michael E.
Michael E. marked it as to-read
Apr 15, 2016
Pavel
Pavel marked it as to-read
Apr 05, 2016
Kirsten
Kirsten marked it as to-read
Mar 19, 2016
Suzette Baeza
Suzette Baeza rated it it was ok
Mar 13, 2016
blondshell
blondshell marked it as to-read
Mar 11, 2016
Erik B. Christensen
Erik B. Christensen rated it really liked it
Mar 04, 2016
Bryan Burkholder
Bryan Burkholder rated it really liked it
Feb 07, 2016
Eugene R Mottolo Jr
Eugene R Mottolo Jr rated it really liked it
Jan 30, 2016
Kelly
Kelly rated it liked it
Jan 08, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

“Exercise can be used like a vaccine to prevent disease and a medication to treat it. If there were a drug with the same benefits as working out, it would instantly be the standard of care.” 1 likes