Start by marking “A Wife for a Westmoreland (Harlequin Desire, #2077) (The Westmorelands, #20)” as Want to Read:
A Wife for a Westmoreland (Harlequin Desire, #2077) (The Westmorelands, #20)

A Wife for a Westmoreland (Harlequin Desire, #2077) (The Westmorelands #20)

4.26 of 5 stars 4.26  ·  rating details  ·  644 ratings  ·  45 reviews
For weeks, Derringer Westmoreland was haunted by memories of a woman whose face he could not recall. But he wanted�he needed�to share that intense passion again. Now. When he finally traced his mystery woman, he was met with a surprise. His fantastic one-night stand was Lucia Conyers, his sister-in-law's best friend. And Lucia wasn't about to become one of Derringer's wome ...more
Mass Market Paperback, 192 pages
Published April 5th 2011 by Harlequin (first published January 1st 2011)

Be the first to ask a question about A Wife for a Westmoreland (Harlequin Desire, #2077)

Fani
Lucia has loved Derringer Westmoreland for years though he's never shown any interst for her. When Lucia hears that Derringer was badly injured after falling from a horse she just goes to his house to see how he is, despite they're being more like casual acquaintances than friends. Arriving there, she finds Derringer in a haze from the many painkillers he's had. When a clearly drugged Derringer hits on her, she decides that this might be her only opportunity to be with him. And being nearly thir ...more
Dee
June 2014
Listened to Audio version

August 2011
I am a big fan of Brenda Jackson and love the Westmoreland series. Although we are now the 20th Westmoreland story I still enjoy and look forward to every single one.

Derringer is a typical Westmoreland male and it's no wonder the females around him drool.

Derringer has an accident which puts him in a very sorry state. Lucia (his sister in laws best friend)has loved him since she was a teenager and still pines after him in adulthood. Because of her
Jess the Romanceaholic
Tiffany Parker
Brenda Jackson is one of my favorite authors but this book has to be my least favorite of all her books that I've read. I just couldn't connect with the characters. I'll still buy all of her books because one out of so many others that I did love wouldn't stop me from reading her work.
Toni
This latest Westmoreland book is the nineteenth in the series and the fourth about the Denver branch of the family. Lucia Conyers has been in love with Derringer Westmoreland since high school when she was friends with his sister. Now, years later, her feelings haven't changed, but with Derringer seeing her as a little sister in addition to his reputation as a ladies' man, Lucia sees no reason to act upon her desires. When she hears that he's been injured in an accident, she finds herself racing ...more
Angelia
I was a little disappointed with this installment from the Westmoreland series. I have read them all, and this one was NOT the first one that was just an OKAY read but I will admitt that this is only the second one out of about 20 books in the Westmoreland series that I was a little let down by. The whole plot in this story was a little off well not really much of a plot.....With that said I would still reccomend it because it continues with the story of the Denver Westmorelands. Overall a decen ...more
Tia
Another great novel by Mrs. Jackson. Although the stories are always simiiar, I'm still able to fall in love with each character. I route for then knowing all will work out in the end. I just really enjoy the family feel and connections she always describes in her novels. These are educated, talented, nature and family loving people who value community as well. I can't wait for the next one...
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: The Westmorelands
Lady Raven RAVE!
Key word in this book PANTIES

Wow after coming from a high of reading "Silken Thread", this was a good follow up book for the Westmoreland clan. It's books like these that will never ever ever let me get tired of those darn sexy Westmoreland men from Delaney's Desert Shiek book till now. And as silly as the concept for the story might be I still liked it it's a good fantasy that took me on a journey.

Derringer fell from a hosre and was loaded up on pain killers, Lucia went over to check on him an
Jonetta
Derringer Westmoreland is handsome, seductive and a ladies man. He's not ready for a committed relationship and makes no bones about it. Lucia Conyers has secretly been in love with Derringer since she was eighteen but he hardly knows she exists.

When Derringer suffers a horseback riding accident, Lucia rushes to his home to see for herself that he's not seriously injured and to offer her help. When she arrives, she finds him over medicated and over stimulated. What happens next is out of the ord
☂ ℬrandi
Lucia has been in love with Derringer Westmoreland since she was a teen but he's never given her the time of day. Convinced he's the only man she'll ever love, and she'll never have him, she risks sleeping with him while he's doped up on pain pill following a horse riding accident. Leaving her virginity and panties behind, Lucia flees in the morning. Derringer wakes up to vague memories of a women in his bed, her scent lingering everywhere and her pink panties under his leg. He intends to find t ...more
Sassafrass
Original review found at The Romance Reviews.

With a case of mistaken identity, a man scared to fall in love, a woman who knows exactly what she wants, and a family that will just never tire of getting in each other's business, A WIFE FOR A WESTMORELAND is a gripping romance that is sweet and sensual while being an extremely pleasurable read.

What a great time I had reading this book! I absolutely could not put it down. I have enjoyed every book in the series that I have read so far. And while thi
Judith
4.25 out of 5. Another really wonderful story from Brenda Jackson involving the Westmorelands, branches of which family have populated a number of her recent novels. As a part of the "Denver" Westmorelands, Derringer has long enjoyed the single life and is, like his brothers, known as a "ladies man." He raises horses and likes to think there isn't much that he can't do. But he runs amok when a high-spirited horse tosses him high and wide, and in the midst of his painful recovery, delirious after ...more
Judy & Marianne from Long and Short Reviews
Obsessed with Derringer Westmoreland since she was sixteen, Lucia Conyers, who is nearing her thirtieth birthday, inadvertently tips the scales of fate and ends up in Derringer’s bed. WOW!

Lucia cradles this world-shattering time in her heart and tucks it away in the recesses of her mind. She is not Derringer’s kind of woman. If he had not been delirious, this night of her dreams would have never happened. She slips away before he wakes, even though she has to leave her pink panties. She hugs he
Cheeyee
Review At: I Read, I Think,

I Share

Review Date: 15 Feb 2011

Review URL: http://littlemermybooks.blogspot.com/...

I requested this book because of the author. The last book that I read from her is good even though the storyline is not so much to my liking. Thus when I saw there is another new book from Brenda I want to give it another try. And I'm not disappointed. This book is one of the Westmoreland Series. It is a short, sweet romance with happy ending. The plot is simple and good for me to rela
Denise
Lucia Conyers has been in love with handsome rancher, Derringer Westmoreland since she was a teenager. Who could blame her? he is HOT! But he is also a ladies man and has never shown any real interest in her. Now that she is turning 30 and still has not had her chance with this man, she plans a seduction when he is out of it, drugged up on pain pills after an accident.

Derringer Westmoreland has recollections of the night, but does not know who the woman was. He wants this woman again most despe
CoopTopia
Great read

I really enjoyed this book. Looking forward to reading the next book in the Westmoreland series.Brenda Jackson has done it again.
AJPattz
Aug 08, 2011 AJPattz rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: all romantics
In A Wife for a Westmoreland readers will get the classic love story they expect from Brenda Jackson. This story blends both friendship and newly discovered desire with a goodhearted story of family and overcoming all obstacles set in a world of ranchers and cowboys. With the Westmoreland's you get the strong, tough men with a heart every woman wants and a bond to family that is remarkable. And as always, Ms Jackson gives us a damsel not-so-much in distress. Her women are always strong and stead ...more
Angeline
Great love story!

This story had my attention from the beginning to the end with all the right ingredients- love, conflict, and those steamy moments. The characters were believable and relatable. Another great read by Brenda Jackson.
Aldy
Me gustó mucho! me atrapó más el caracter del protagonista masculino que de ella, hubiera estado bueno si él se enojase cuando le echa siempre en cara su supuesta imágen de playboy que tiene ganada en el pueblo. No es una historia fantástica pero si muy buena, me parece que igual las escenas de ... mm... alto voltaje? estuvieron mejor que las románticas (casi ni las hubo, solamente al final cuando él le propone matrimonio).
Otro punto a favor: es breve, son un poco más de 90 hojas y eso viene ge
Kimberly
Brenda Jackson has done it again! I love the Westmoreland clan and A Wife for A Westmoreland was a great addition.

Derringer and Lucia's affair started off with Derringer out of his mind not knowing who his mystery woman was and Lucia so blindly in love and just wanting to hold on to a fantasy come true. I enjoyed the journey of Derringer trying to find his soul mate and Lucia trying to settle for less than what she deserved. I was pleased at how the journey ended.

I recommend this to all the Ro
Shonnie
I pre-ordered this book because it sounded as if it would be a treat. The only issue I think I have with Brenda is that everybody is a 20 - 30 something naive virgin. Like Really? This particular character was a 30 something “doesn’t have a clue about life” virgin. Ugh!

I liked the story line however she could’ve be a little bit more deceitful. Because in reality she was deceitful. Play on that angle and let the character get her wants and desires at the end of the story.
Karen
Derringer Westmoreland sure did have to work hard to get his wife, Lucia Conyers. Even though she loved him since she was sixteen years old, she refused to let him make a mockery of her by adding her to the long list of women he use to bed. What I loved the most about this love story was that the "SKANK" and spoiled brat Ashira was. Or able to sink her meat hooks in to Derringer so that she could have his name and his fortune.
Tanya Mayes
Another good story the beginning was a little crazy but I went with it. To watch another confirmed bachelor like Derringer fall was great and to see Lucia get the man she loved since she was sixteen it's about time. Must read!!! Derringer learned exactly what the scent of a woman can do to you.
Dorel
I love the beginning of the story when Lucia heard Derringer had an accident, she came to check on him. I love how Lucia made Derringer see she was the only woman for him. I love that Lucia got the man she wanted for so long. This was my favorite Denver Westmoreland book I read.
Taz Will
Lucia was dirty in this one she just gon' take the D and run off like a thief in the night. Derringer was hot on her tale but feel hard without even knowing what he was doing. These two were hot and bothered from the jump and I couldn't get enough of them.
Shelly
This was a quick read. The story was cute. Because of their background, the fast pace of their relationship can be explained. I did not feel any pull to read the secondary character's stories which usually happens to me though.
Cf
First, I can no longer give these books over a 2 rating. I am not reading them in order but it doesn't really matter. The stories are repetitive no matter the Westmoreland. Also, I am way over the heroine being a virgin.

Shone
Jun 02, 2011 Shone rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: yes
Shelves: autograph-copy
Another Westmoreland down, how gracefull he fell. He had to work hard every thing from skating to police escorts. Read to see and enjoy how all of this cam into play.

Book # 20 in the Westmorelandd series.
  • Touch of Heaven
  • Lovers Premiere
  • You and No Other (Graysons of New Mexico, #2)
  • Honorable Intentions (The Landis Brothers, #5)
  • Heated
  • A Man of His Word (Lawyers in Love, #1)

Brenda Jackson was born and raised in Jacksonville, Florida. She got married to Gerald, her high school sweetheart, in 1972 after graduating from high school. She went on to earn a degree in business administration from Jacksonville University, and to expand their family by having two sons, Gerald Jr. and Brando
More about Brenda Jackson...
Irresistible Forces (Steele Series #5) Delaney's Desert Sheikh (The Westmorelands #1) Thorn's Challenge (The Westmoreland Series) A Little Dare (The Westmoreland Series) Riding The Storm (The Westmoreland Series)