Start by marking “The New Answers Book” as Want to Read:
The New Answers Book

The New Answers Book (New Answers Book #1)

4.24  ·  Rating Details  ·  488 Ratings  ·  38 Reviews
Evolution . . . intelligent design . . . creation . . . or a little o fall three? What do you really believe-and why does it matter to your life, your family, and your faith today?

Christians live in a culture with more questions than ever-questions that affect one's acceptance of the Bible as authoritative and trustworthy. Now, discover easy-to-understand answers that rea

Nook, 0 pages
Published September 15th 2009 by New Leaf Pubishing Group (first published January 1st 1990)

To ask other readers questions about The New Answers Book, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The New Answers Book

Jimmy
May 30, 2011 Jimmy rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: atheism
I got this book from a student being homeschooled. Once again Ken "The Scam Man" Ham has pulled off an enormous fraud on gullible Christians. The only question that remains is does The Scam Man really believe this nonsense or is he just laughing all the way to the bank. And what about the poor kids that are being forced fed with this stuff at home. How will they ever learn critical thinking skills.

All of the authors of the essays in this collection love to use the letters "Dr." before their nam
James Piper
Evolution is a fact. It happens. The theory of evolution explains how it happens.

This book is filled with misinformation, distortions and outright lies.

It's not a science book, it's a work of fiction. It's the author's and audience's delusion. It's not an attempt at the truth, but to distort it to protect their fairy tales.
John
I already reviewed the first edition (which was excellent), but this version has the added bonus of containing updated material, new chapters not found in the earlier editions, and hugely improved cover art. If you don't believe the Bible is the infallible Word of God, then this book will probably drive you crazy, but it definitely does a great job of showing how science aligns with the Bible so much more than most people suspect.
Sep 12, 2011 Chris rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Complete garbage meant to protect a world view that is so silly even a child sees through it as you can tell be the questions they ask.
Trish
Oct 31, 2008 Trish rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a good book and I found it very informative. Most of the information is easy to understand and made me think about the origins of the world in a way that I had not thought about much before.

As a product of the public schools, I was raised to think that evolution was fact instead of just the THEORY that it is. I think students need to be taught that evolution is a theory and be shown that there are other valid theories out there, too. We need to remember that there is a difference betwee
Chad Warner
Nov 02, 2014 Chad Warner rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is aimed at Christians who accept the historicity of the Bible, and wish to understand how modern cosmology, geology, and biology can support a biblical worldview. Not all the chapters deal directly with creation or evolution; some are about biblical historicity, theological implications, and proper translation of Hebrew texts. I don’t think it would be convincing to non-Christians; even though it sometimes uses logical and scientific arguments, it’s full of Bible verses and relies hea ...more
HaameD
I want my time back however I would recommend this book to all gullible and Stupid people out there.If you hate your kids and/or you hate yourself this can be a book that is an "Essential catalyst of blissful Ignorance".
who would even consider such an absurd ...yeah I'm done spending time on this.
Todd Stockslager
Review title: Facts, filters, and worldviews

Answers in Genesis is an organization dedicated to support and search for scientific evidence in support of the Biblical Genesis account of

creation in a literal six days
A "young earth" 6 to 10 thousand years old
a catastrophic global flood
creation of species with natural selection driving only evolution within kind, not generating new species

Ken Ham is the editor for this collection, the first of three, of questions and answers about creation, evolu
Isaiah the Ox
In this book, I was hoping to see the "young-earth creationist" (YEC) view of each topic brought up. However, The authors decided to prove that evolution has many holes in it and that YE creationists have discovered other ways to explain science rather than evolution.
I have several problems with the theology and understanding of the Bible in this book, but I won't mention them here.
I found the book not to be written boringly, however, some of the chapters were disorganized, which sometimes lead
Stephen
Feb 21, 2014 Stephen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This detailed book by Ken Ham offers in-depth discussions and answers to many tough and common questions that even the most faithful Christian will ask.

Through this book Christians will be able to see for themselves that the Word of God, the Bible, is completely accurate in its teachings and be assured of their faith
Stevie
This was a good book on the basic evidence for pro-young earth creationism. Since I am more acquainted with an old earth perspective it was good to hear the other side.

Poignant Quotes

…everything that has a beginning requires a cause. The universe has a beginning and therefore requires a cause. But God has no beginning since He is beyond time. So God does not need a cause. There is nothing illogical about an eternal Being who has always existed even though it might be difficult to fully understan
Jul 30, 2013 Chris rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is one of the 3 Answers in Genesis "Answers" books that help people to understand the real answers behind life's biggest questions. All from a biblical perspective. Wonder where dinosaurs fit in? Evolution? Is there a Heaven/Hell? Look no futher than this 1st book in the series. If you are a Christian, this book helps you with Apologetics, and a way to defend your faith and answer questions from a biblical perspective. If you are not a Christian, if you keep an open mind while reading this, ...more
Linda
Mar 15, 2014 Linda rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: religion, science
I appreciated the scientific information provided to support the authors' views, especially when sources were provided so that I could look them up. They point out some valid flaws in current scientific theories, but sometimes an author will take a more extreme interpretation of a modern scientific theory than is the common view or focus on miniscule issues in a theory. Information was generally presented logically, although one might not agree with their starting assumptions. Many of the author ...more
Peyton
Feb 19, 2015 Peyton rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is a really great book!!! Stand up for Jesus, Ken Ham!!!! Thank you! Can't wait till you get that ark built!!!
 Δx Δp ≥ ½ ħ
The Principia of Blasphemy. The worst fiction book I've ever read in 20 years.
L8blmr
Mar 06, 2012 L8blmr rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I found much of this book, that offers alternatives to evolution and old earth theories, fascinating. Some of it I felt was "glossed over" to add credence to the author's beliefs without being more than his own interpretation of the Bible.

Everyone is, of course, entitled to their own opinion and I have found that one can debate much more intelligently if armed with as much information as possible on BOTH sides of an issue. This book contains a lot of ammunition.
Beka
Pick up at Chapter 13.
Brian Nelson
Mar 08, 2014 Brian Nelson rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it. Even if you don't agree with all Mr. Ham's viewpoints, he presents some very interesting arguments and backs up much of what he says with research. Darwin's "change of kinds" evolution is NOT a proven fact so it is a shame alternate viewpoints are taught in school these days. Highly recommended for non-believers and believers alike.
Kim
Oct 01, 2008 Kim rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves:
We really like this book and the New Answer Book 2 by Ken Ham. Amazing refutation of evolution and million-years age theories. Some answers are incredibly technical and may cause your brain to explode. Some answers seem to require a degree in physics. But there are plenty of other answers for the rest of us to go around.
Kory Monk
Jan 30, 2015 Kory Monk rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good book that answers such as Why Shouldn't Christians Accept Millions of Years, Hasn't Evolution been proven true, Does radiometric dating prove the earth is old, Doesn't carbon dating disprove the Bible, Don't creationist deny the laws of nature, was there really a Noah's Ark and Flood, etc.
Abigail
Apr 09, 2014 Abigail rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This book was ok. It is good for a starting point for answering some of the tough questions, but because it is geared toward those who need a simple explanation I do not believe it goes far enough. It does however give a good list of strong sources that I will have to start checking out.
Crystal
Feb 25, 2008 Crystal rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Clear, concise, scientific answers to questions about dinosaurs, the flood, ice age, and more. Any good scientist ("a person learned in science and especially natural science : a scientific investigator") should read this... if they truly are an "investigator" of science that is.
Malia
Apr 19, 2013 Malia rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: christian, nonfiction
A worthwhile read, this collection of essays did answer the many questions used to challenge creationism. However, it also made me realize that evolutionists probably won't be swayed or converted by mere argument. It's a faith choice either way.
Jason
Dec 02, 2013 Jason rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Most of the "information" in this book is misinformation. Ken Ham distorts, misquotes and outright lies. Look up his sources and read them for yourself.
Tori
Nov 09, 2011 Tori rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: biblical, non-fiction
Not really the sort of book you want to read cover to cover, it get's rather repetitive after a while, especially if you've ever heard Ken Ham speak.
Amanda
Jan 20, 2014 Amanda rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent book. I appreciate my curriculum's belief that ninth graders can understand books like this written for adults.
Spencer
Mar 21, 2010 Spencer rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A good 4.5. Explores questions concerning creation, evolution, and the Bible. Good for children or the common lay person.
Nov 19, 2013 Chris rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
An excellent book that answers many of the questions that you may be asking in the creation versus evolution debate.
Aaron
Nov 26, 2008 Aaron rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Everyone should read this book! It is the truth about our world and history according to God's word!!
Barrs
Mar 14, 2010 Barrs is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
So far, easy reading but assumes previous knowledge of Creation proofs
  • The Ultimate Proof of Creation: Resolving the Origins Debate
  • The Genesis Flood: The Biblical Record and Its Scientific Implications
  • The Genesis Record: A Scientific and Devotional Commentary on the Book of Beginnings
  • Always Ready: Directions For Defending The Faith
  • Refuting Evolution: A Handbook for Students, Parents, and Teachers Countering the Latest Arguments for Evolution
  • Bones of Contention: A Creationist Assessment of the Human Fossils
  • Origami Ooh La La!: Action Origami for Performance and Play
  • The Narrow Road: Stories of Those Who Walk This Road Together
  • Family Shepherds: Calling and Equipping Men to Lead Their Homes
  • Darwin on Trial
  • Christian History Made Easy: 13 Weeks to a Better Understanding of Church History
  • The Complete Husband: A Practical Guide to Biblical Husbanding
  • In Six Days
Dr. Ken Ham is the president of Answers in Genesis USA and is a well-known speaker and author on the subject of Young-Earth Creationism. He received a bachelor degree in applied science (emphasis on environmental biology) from the Queensland Institute of Technology, and a Diploma of Education from the University of Queensland. He has also received two honorary doctorates: a Doctor of Divinity from ...more
More about Ken Ham...

New Answers Book (4 books)
  • The New Answers Book 3: Over 35 Questions on Evolution/Creation and the Bible