Start by marking “The Sky Warden & the Sun” as Want to Read:
The Sky Warden & the Sun

The Sky Warden & the Sun (The Change #2)

Salis life has been thrown into turmoil and he is on the run, from more than one pursuer, it appears. He is accompanied by his new-found friend Shilly and heis not entirely sure where he wants to goobut Shilly is. She wants to find her teacher Lodois old teacher, the Mage Van Haasteren, which means they must head north to the Interior, where Salis mother was born. The jour ...more
Published November 22nd 2005 by eReads.com

To ask other readers questions about The Sky Warden & the Sun, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Sky Warden & the Sun

Karen Field
Aug 09, 2009 Karen Field rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Sky Warden and the Sun by Sean Williams is the second book of The Change. The first book is called The Stone Mage and the Sea.

This book sees Sal and Shilly continue their adventure. Their guardians have been killed and they have been left to flee capture by the sky wardens, one in particular. In the first book, the children were just that...children. In the second book, we can see their forced growth as they struggle with decisions that adults would have trouble making.

Again, the story isn't
Salimbol
Jun 10, 2013 Salimbol rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
Excellent follow-up to 'The Stone Mage & the Sea', starting with a a fantastic escape sequence across the Australian-style landscape, and then immersing us in the complex politics of the Stone Mages and Sky Wardens. It's deliberately-paced yet taut, the descriptions of this strange world are searing and immediate, we're introduced to some great new characters (including the endearingly hyperactive Skender and his solemn yet kind father), and believable new tensions arise between protagonists ...more
Juliet
Sep 29, 2012 Juliet rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Once you have met Shilly and Sal, you will understand how the lives of these two are intertwined to make a great adventure. You will not want to let up on the story until you see it through to the last page -- and you will not be disappointed.

Sean Williams uses the extremes of two magic forces, built ultimately on the same principles to show the futility of racism and the blindness of the uneducated. All the while immersing you in a grand adventure across the planet, with imaginative scenery and
Glenn Jones
Nov 19, 2015 Glenn Jones rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Continues the saga of Sal and Shilly as they make it North of the Divide.

Intriguing story in a harsh world. Twists you know are coming, but can't predict. Basically a nice tale.

The constant changing POV however leaves me bemused, POV can change inside a paragraph, and sometimes requires re-reading. Maybe some appreciate this style, but it kicks me out of the story, so I'm left less than satisfied.

7/10
Katharine (Ventureadlaxre)
It took me ages to get into it and continue on and on with it, but I think I read the last 3/4s of it in two days. That first 1/4 was hard... but then WHOOSH.

I adore it. The end half was amazing and all I could do was keep turning the pages.
Andrew
Continues the story and the intrigue grows. The conflict between the main characters was unexpected, but gives a greater sense of realism to them. I'm looking forward to discoering how it all ends.
Pawel Olas
Jan 22, 2012 Pawel Olas rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It is one of the books I just wasn't able to put down. It doesn't happen very often that I care so deeply about the characters. Cannot wait to read the third one!
Mitchell Gage
Mitchell Gage rated it really liked it
Dec 22, 2012
Tim Schmidt
Tim Schmidt rated it really liked it
Feb 20, 2012
Mark
Mark rated it really liked it
Jan 13, 2012
Alsha
Alsha rated it really liked it
Feb 18, 2014
John Brown
John Brown rated it liked it
Mar 12, 2013
Ryan Steindl
Ryan Steindl rated it really liked it
Jul 25, 2016
Shaun Williams
Shaun Williams rated it liked it
Jun 26, 2013
J
J rated it liked it
Mar 02, 2013
Charlotte
Charlotte rated it really liked it
May 20, 2011
Thomas
Thomas rated it really liked it
Apr 28, 2008
Geoffrey
Geoffrey rated it really liked it
Dec 19, 2012
Peter
Peter rated it really liked it
Jul 15, 2012
Kate
Kate rated it really liked it
Nov 29, 2009
Rocco
Rocco rated it really liked it
Jan 17, 2016
Jeff
Jeff rated it really liked it
Jul 02, 2015
Cameron Burns
Cameron Burns rated it really liked it
Sep 20, 2016
Mike Unverferth
Mike Unverferth rated it really liked it
Jul 28, 2015
Michael
Michael rated it it was amazing
Feb 05, 2015
Liz
Liz rated it it was amazing
Jan 01, 2015
Sean Roberts
Sean Roberts rated it really liked it
Mar 31, 2013
Owen
Owen rated it really liked it
Apr 14, 2012
Paul Squires
Paul Squires rated it really liked it
Dec 11, 2016
Sarah rated it it was ok
Sep 05, 2012
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • Gilfeather (Isles of Glory, #2)
  • The Soddit: Or, Let's Cash in Again
  • Diary of a Narcissistic Bloodsucker
  • Darksong (The Legendsong, #2)
  • Chaos Space (Sentients of Orion, #2)
  • Kindred Spirits: How the Remarkable Bond Between Humans and Animals Can Change the Way we Live
  • Spirits Rising (Spirit Caller, #1)
  • Reign of Beasts (Creature Court, #3)
  • Spiked
  • Before & After
  • The Rise of the Blood Royal (The Destinies of Blood and Stone, #3)
  • The Tower on the Rift (The View from the Mirror, #2)
  • Golde the Mother (Lost Tales of Mercia, #1)
  • Sun on the Stubble
  • Monstrum (Constantin Vadim, #1)
  • Claudette in the Shadows (Winter Saga, #0.5)
  • The Invisible Road  (The Dreamhunter Duet, #1-2)
  • Twilight, Choking on Owl Feathers
#1 New York Times bestselling Sean Williams lives with his family in Adelaide, South Australia. He’s written some books--forty-two at last count--including the Philip K. Dick-nominated Saturn Returns, several Star Wars novels and the Troubletwister series with Garth Nix. Twinmaker is a YA SF series that takes his love affair with the matter transmitter to a whole new level. You can find some relat ...more
More about Sean Williams...

The Change (3 books)
  • The Stone Mage and the Sea (The Change, #1)
  • The Storm Weaver and the Sand (The Change, #3)