Start by marking “The Sky Warden & the Sun” as Want to Read:
The Sky Warden & the Sun

The Sky Warden & the Sun (The Change #2)

3.9 of 5 stars 3.90  ·  rating details  ·  119 ratings  ·  9 reviews
Salis life has been thrown into turmoil and he is on the run, from more than one pursuer, it appears. He is accompanied by his new-found friend Shilly and heis not entirely sure where he wants to goobut Shilly is. She wants to find her teacher Lodois old teacher, the Mage Van Haasteren, which means they must head north to the Interior, where Salis mother was born. The jour...more
Published November 22nd 2005 by eReads.com

To ask other readers questions about The Sky Warden & the Sun, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Sky Warden & the Sun

Karen Field
The Sky Warden and the Sun by Sean Williams is the second book of The Change. The first book is called The Stone Mage and the Sea.

This book sees Sal and Shilly continue their adventure. Their guardians have been killed and they have been left to flee capture by the sky wardens, one in particular. In the first book, the children were just that...children. In the second book, we can see their forced growth as they struggle with decisions that adults would have trouble making.

Again, the story isn't...more
Salimbol
Excellent follow-up to 'The Stone Mage & the Sea', starting with a a fantastic escape sequence across the Australian-style landscape, and then immersing us in the complex politics of the Stone Mages and Sky Wardens. It's deliberately-paced yet taut, the descriptions of this strange world are searing and immediate, we're introduced to some great new characters (including the endearingly hyperactive Skender and his solemn yet kind father), and believable new tensions arise between protagonists...more
Juliet
Once you have met Shilly and Sal, you will understand how the lives of these two are intertwined to make a great adventure. You will not want to let up on the story until you see it through to the last page -- and you will not be disappointed.

Sean Williams uses the extremes of two magic forces, built ultimately on the same principles to show the futility of racism and the blindness of the uneducated. All the while immersing you in a grand adventure across the planet, with imaginative scenery and...more
Katharine
It took me ages to get into it and continue on and on with it, but I think I read the last 3/4s of it in two days. That first 1/4 was hard... but then WHOOSH.

I adore it. The end half was amazing and all I could do was keep turning the pages.
Andrew
Continues the story and the intrigue grows. The conflict between the main characters was unexpected, but gives a greater sense of realism to them. I'm looking forward to discoering how it all ends.
Pawel Olas
It is one of the books I just wasn't able to put down. It doesn't happen very often that I care so deeply about the characters. Cannot wait to read the third one!
Jacqueline
Still a good story. The characters are particularly well drawn.
Rudi Opperman
Interesting, different to other fantasies.
James Nieting
The magic gets more impressive in this book
Ken Macleod
Ken Macleod marked it as to-read
Oct 05, 2014
Chris
Chris marked it as to-read
Aug 25, 2014
Kay
Kay marked it as to-read
Jul 09, 2014
Karasu
Karasu marked it as to-read
Jun 05, 2014
Hayley Clayton-Dodd
Hayley Clayton-Dodd marked it as to-read
May 23, 2014
Oneeyed
Oneeyed marked it as to-read
May 18, 2014
Matt
Matt added it
Feb 14, 2014
Stereomix
Stereomix marked it as to-read
Jan 19, 2014
Simon
Simon added it
Jan 31, 2014
Novel Frostii
Novel Frostii marked it as to-read
Jan 08, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
#1 New York Times bestselling Sean Williams lives with his family in Adelaide, South Australia. He’s written some books--thirty-nine at last count--including the Philip K. Dick-nominated Saturn Returns, several Star Wars novels and the Troubletwister series with Garth Nix. Twinmaker is the first in a new YA SF series that takes his love affair with the matter transmitter to a whole new level. You...more
More about Sean Williams...
Reunion (Force Heretic, #3) (Star Wars: The New Jedi Order, #17) Remnant (Force Heretic, #1) (Star Wars: The New Jedi Order, #15) Refugee (Force Heretic, #2) (Star Wars: The New Jedi Order, #16) Fatal Alliance (Star Wars: The Old Republic, #3) The Force Unleashed (Star Wars: The Force Unleashed, #1)