Start by marking “Linked” as Want to Read:
Linked

Read Book* *Different edition

Linked (Prophecy Series #1)

3.44  ·  Rating Details  ·  162 Ratings  ·  42 Reviews
Evil is watching and time is running out. Lana Summers wants an ordinary life--and nothing to do with anything paranormal. She shuns her own paranormal abilities. When her home is broken into, Cole Thomas comes to the rescue--and he's much more than he seems. Will they be able to stop the evil or is their joining going to be the cause of evil taking control?
Published April 12th 2012 by HSW Books (first published January 5th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Linked, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Linked

Mona
Jun 28, 2013 Mona rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
R2R for honest opinion.(LoP)
Updated on 28th June.

I decided to change my review due to being informed by the author, that the wrong copy of the book was sent out for the R2R. The original (older) copy had me confused and distracted as to (view spoiler)
Belinda Boring
Jan 26, 2011 Belinda Boring rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have this little quirk when it comes to reading … I love evil. Evil bad boys, evil masterminds and in the case of LINKED, the all seeing evil presence. When I was approached to read Hope Welsh’s recent release, I took one look at the blurb and smiled and when I then saw the cover with the evil eyes staring back at me, I almost cackled with delight. I’m new to the author’s writing so I wondered if she’d provided me a story to appease my quirk and boy did she ever. Evil comes in all forms and as ...more
Hope Welsh
Jan 17, 2011 Hope Welsh rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
I wrote it, so of course I love it, right? :)
Natalie Gibson
May 24, 2012 Natalie Gibson rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book started out very strong. I was hooked from the first scene where the heroine jumps out of the second story window to escape an intruder and runs straight into the arms of the hero. The mystery of it all was good. What was after them? What did it want? Why were they so linked? But, I thought the last half was a little rushed. The questions were answered a little too simply (I came away feeling that it would have been better suited for youth, except it had a couple sex scenes). It wasn't ...more
Hope Welsh
Mar 23, 2012 Hope Welsh rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Evil is watching and time is running out. Lana Summers wants an ordinary life--and nothing to do with anything paranormal. She shuns her own paranormal abilities. When her home is broken into, Cole Williams comes to the rescue--and he's much more than he seems. Will they be able to stop the evil or is their joining going to be the cause of the ultimate destruction of humanity?

Of course, I wrote the book--so I must give it five stars. Let me know what YOU think of it, too!
Heather Busby
Jun 13, 2013 Heather Busby rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ursula
Jan 20, 2011 Ursula rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I LOVED this book. It was a classic "written in the stars" romance with a little paranormal shape shifting thrown in. The book started off with a bang and kept my interest though out! Though my mind kept telling me it was too soon for the couple to fall in love, I couldn't maintain the skepticism because the story just felt right. I have always been a huge fan of romantic mystery. Its only recently that I have become interested in paranormal and urban fantasy. This book managed to have it all fo ...more
Ariella
Jun 10, 2013 Ariella rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Lana Summers wants an ordinary life. She doesn't want to do anything with paranormal. Lana house gets broken into she jumps out of a window. Cole Thomas sees her running in her pajams and helps Lana. Overall a great book I highly recommend this book!
Sara
I was given a free copy in exchange of an honest review.

I don't know how to put into words my thoughts and feelings about this book.
It could have been a much better reading if the story were longer and the author had given us more time and many more details about everything. The characters, the evil lurking out there, anything useful to make us understand better the evil one's intentions and motivations. It wasn't very clear why he went after Lana in the frst place. It was like I started readin
Shanon
Apr 13, 2012 Shanon rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
My reviews can also be found at: http://escapingwithfiction.blogspot.com/

Linked proved to be a short, but entertaining, read. This story has a great deal of romance, suspense and supernatural elements that hold your attention the whole way through! One thing I really appreciated about this book was that the story and characters flowed well, and nothing felt too forced--although things did progress rather quickly between the characters romantically, but there is a valid reason for it.

Lana and Co
Emily Wheeler
I am always a little cautious about paranormal romances, probably because of the Twilight effect – namely, that after the success of Twilight the market was flooded with teen paranormal romance titles, often of dubious quality. As a result, anything with vampires, especially, usually has me running for the hills. On that note, Linked was a pleasant surprise, with not a vampire to be seen. Evil spirits and shapeshifters, yes, but not vampires.

The book is short, and this is both a curse and a ble
Misty Baker
Jan 06, 2012 Misty Baker rated it liked it
Books like “Linked” are difficult for me to review. It’s not a matter of length or even quality, it’s more a matter of genre. Paranormal erotica (and I use the term “erotica” loosely with Linked – it only skirted the edge) is a big seller these days. Where women used to bury their heads in Harlequins; they now turn to books like “Blood Lust” by Zoe Winters or the “Riley Jensen” series by Keri Arthur. Ladies like “juicy bits” and there are more than enough authors willing to provide it for them.

I
Earicka
Jan 26, 2016 Earicka rated it it was amazing
Fated For Each Other?

This series must her read in order. This is the first book. I can't wait to read Holding The Link!

I was disappointed when this book was finished. I wanted more... The characters were real and totally likable. The action was fast paced and had good flow. The sex scenes were so well integrated into the plot the story could not have done without them. I can't see this book as erotica but that is not a bad thing. I guess if you wanted to it could be classed as tame erotica but p
Donna
Mar 06, 2016 Donna rated it really liked it
Lana wakes up to hear someone in her apartment. She runs into Cole trying to get away from her attacker. Cole sees the attacker but he disappears. There is something strange happening and he is determined to keep Lana safe. Legends, psychics, shape-shifters abound in this book.

I really enjoyed this book. It is a relatively quick read that paranormal lovers are sure to enjoy.
Kirsten Weiss
What would it be like to discover you're being hunted, your love interest is a shifter... And your unwanted psychic powers are growing?

An apartment break-in turns into something much darker for Lana Summers. Fortunately, she's got help - a good Samaritan who's also a shifter. Whether that will be enough to defeat the evil that pursues her... Well, heck, this is a romance so you can probably guess the ending.

Nicely handled sensuality - erotic but not a blow-by-blow account. The author found a goo
Lburt
Jun 19, 2013 Lburt rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: weres, 18-up
I'm going back and forth in my mind debating between 2 and 3 stars, maybe 2.5 stars is more accurate. I thought this book had a lot of potential, I liked Lana and Cole's characters. I thought the plot was interesting and I'm all about a were "insta-love" soul mate type relationship. The Evil One was creepy and I could almost hear that classic creepy/stocker/evil villain voice in my mind. Mostly the low stars is I felt the book wasn't long enough. It seemed rushed. I would have liked to get to kn ...more
Kacey Filiptsov
Apr 13, 2015 Kacey Filiptsov rated it it was ok
very monotonous.

While not a horrible plot, the story lacked any emotion. The monotony of the pages simply bored me to no end. In fact, I think it's one of the only times I've ever read about sex as if we're the ingredient list on the cereal box.

Neither of the main characters interested me. Whatshername was whiney, childish, boring. I'm still having a hard time believing she was supposedly near 25 years old. As I'm a year younger, I can honestly say that if I suddenly found myself the main inte
Nocturnal  Bookworm
I really enjoyed this this book and was sad when it was over....I can't wait to read the next one! I wouldn't classify it as erotica but more paranormal romance. There is no gratuitous sex, it was definitely integral to the story line. Its fast paced and the story draws you in so that you don't want to put it down. I can't wait to see what else Hope has in store for these characters!
Cricket
I enjoyed this supernatural romance. Without giving too much away, you do need to suspend some disbelief regarding how quickly the romance comes together, but that's part of the premise. The plot moves quickly, and the main action is exciting. Looking forward to more from this author!
Julie Healey
Feb 20, 2013 Julie Healey rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Linked is a well written book. The story line was awesome. It diffiently kept your attention. Can'twait for the next one-
Paperback Crack
Jul 02, 2015 Paperback Crack rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
While I thought the story line was great, I feel like it was rushed.
It was a great line to people who are 'linked' together find one another in the midst of one of their own terror as one so humbly said 'wrong place right time".
I loved the build up on the characters, you really do begin to fall in love with them, I just feel that the events happened to...quickly. There should have just been a little more build up. Besides it's quick pace it truly is a very fun entertaining read, i will defiantl
Heather
Jul 02, 2015 Heather rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
While I thought the story line was great, I feel like it was rushed.
Kenya Wright
Another FREE one!
Faswop
May 30, 2014 Faswop rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
There are some short stories that are written so well that by the time in concludes you are left feeling like you read the full content of an entire set of encyclopedias. It is wonderful and interesting and manages to connect you to the characters and leaves you feeling as though you lived the characters entire lifetime in just a few beautiful words. This is not that story.

It was just so mind numbingly boring. Things happen entirely to fast and I found I could really care less what happened.

Chelsea
Jun 14, 2013 Chelsea rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: review-for-blog
Linked was a fantastically written book, full of adventure and a hearty helping of hot, steamy romance. Truth be told, I don't usually care for your run-of-the-mill romance, but this book was one heck of an exception. The love scenes were hot, without being corny or cliche, and they blended in exquisitely with the main story itself. Hope Welsh is a very talented and skilled writer, who portrays her characters in a very realistic, very vivid light, and who spins a story like a spider does a web- ...more
Merisha28
Aug 10, 2013 Merisha28 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Linked by Hope Welsh
Paperback: 222 pages
Publisher: Rom On Line (February 13, 2012)
18+ Adult readers
I was given this book as a gift from a friend through amazon.

Cover~ I love the cover. It is quite interesting! You have the evil one at the top in his wolf form and red eyes. Then at the bottom you have Lana and Cole and on the right you have a clock which is representing a race against time to find out about the murder and the prophecy.

My Review~
I can't wait to read the next book in this series! T
Satarupa
I got this book from the author, free of cost, in exchange for an honest review from my side.

Firstly I would like to thank Hope Welsh, author of Linked for giving me this opportunity of reading and reviewing this fabulous book.

I really enjoyed the fresh concept of this book. Though this book is a Werewolf Genre book but the way the author twisted the known and used plot and story-line really gave this book a totally new taste and new outlook.

The characters are great and well developed and I like
Amber
Aug 03, 2013 Amber rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebook, review
I really loved and enjoyed reading Linked and cant wait to read the sequel. The characters and plot was well written. The thought process involved in writing Linked could be seen from a readers point. I was instantly captivated by this story. This is the first book Ive read by Hope Welsh and Im excited to read more. There was so much excitement and suspense, oh and the connection, fiery passion between Cole and Lana was all so thrilling. I loved Cole he was my fave character he had a sense of hu ...more
Katie
Nov 13, 2011 Katie rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
K.A. Last
Jul 18, 2013 K.A. Last rated it liked it
I received this book in exchange for an honest review (LoP).

I really liked the beginning of Linked. There was action, mystery, and intrigue. I was thrown right into the story, and I loved that. I was excited to read a shifter story because I haven’t read one in a while, but sadly after the great opening, things started to go downhill for me.

There were a few things that bothered me. I’ll list the main ones below.

1. I’m a huge fan of insta-love, but in this case it was way too insta. The entire st
Lovers of Paranor...: R2R {212} Linked COMPLETED 32 115 Aug 19, 2013 03:35PM
PNR/UF Addicts & ...: Kind of a unique way to promote your work 1 13 May 08, 2012 12:09PM
Linked 1 6 Jan 07, 2011 03:48PM
  • Ancient Enemies
  • Nightwolves Coalition (The Nightwolves, #1)
  • Night Visions (Night Series)
  • Twelfth Moon (Legend of the Pantera, #1)
  • Bad Moon Rising (Skinwalkers Trilogy, #1)
  • Soul Search
  • The Undead Heart (Blood Thirst, #1)
  • Breed of Innocence
  • No Remorse (Heart of a Wolf, #1)
  • Feral Domination (Faldron Shifters, #1)
  • Playing Hooky (Paranormal Investigations, #1)
  • Breath
  • Dead of Night (Aftershock, #1)
  • Bonded by Need (Shifting Bonds, #1)
  • Blood Thirst (Blood Thirst, #2)
  • Do Or Die (Surreal Blue Rogue Agent, #1)
  • The Sunset Warrior
  • Shadowplay (Texas Fae #2)
I write books. I've always been a writer. I know it's cliche but I started writing almost as soon as I learned to read. I wrote a play for school--in the third grade--that they put on for Christmas that year. I've never quite forgiven my sister for getting married that night. I missed my own production!

I've worked in various fields throughout my career. I was a cop, EMT, photographer, journalist,
More about Hope Welsh...

Prophecy Series (2 books)
  • Holding the Link (Prophecy Series,  #2)