Start by marking “These Tangled Threads” as Want to Read:
These Tangled Threads

These Tangled Threads (Bells of Lowell #3)

Caught between the interests of two men, Daughtie's life turns asunder during a factory strike in this bestselling historical series. Bells of Lowell Book 3.
Published October 1st 2003 by Bethany House Publishers

To ask other readers questions about These Tangled Threads, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about These Tangled Threads

Mary
Sep 25, 2015 Mary rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Concluded the series of "Bells of Lowell". A wonderful series when women first started to work outside the home in American mills weaving cotton. Most of the cotton was raised in the South with slaves working the fields. It was a time that freedom was discussed among sexes and cultures. Negroes were thought to be below whites, and in this period of history, the Irish had also come to America and were thought to be poor and trashy. Through the Word of God, some come to realize that no one people ...more
Kate S
Sep 29, 2013 Kate S rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned, 2013
This book felt like it tried to cram a lot of issues into very few pages. I would have liked to see some of these issues (inequality, sexism, racism, etc) addressed earlier in the series so they could have been wrapped up in this book. I have loaned this series to my grandmother as I think they may be more to her liking.
Ellie
Mar 23, 2012 Ellie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The third book in the Bells of Lowell series captures the story of Daughtie as she fights for the equality of every citizen, regardless of heritage. From the implications of her association with an Irish worker to her stand of beliefs due to workplace conditions, her growth as a woman of independence is tested, as well as her faith. And as friendship grows to love, she risks losing the friendships she's held dear since her new life in Lowell began. In the space a few short years, Daughtie has em ...more
Fleurd
Sep 25, 2013 Fleurd rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: completed
I borrowed from the library but I intend to purchase the whole series of 6 books. I could read them over and over and I rarely find books that I would do that with. I love these Lowell series. I have learned so much about the textile industry, the life, and beliefs of the 1800s from these books in addition to God's plan. I highly recommend these books Lights of Lowell as well as Bells of Lowells. These well research,captivating book have som much into them and read fast. I could not put them dow ...more
Maranda Case
Sep 17, 2015 Maranda Case rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
My favorite of this series! Other reviews have said that they felt that there were many issues (slavery, social classes, ext.) crammed in this book. But I didn't feel that way. I really enjoyed this book!
Sally
Nov 29, 2014 Sally rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This series of 3 books was very good. It was interesting learning about the 1830's industrialization with textile mills, anti-slavery, as well as personal struggles in life. I enjoyed these books.
Debby Baumgartner
Daughtie must decide whether to marry an Irish man despite that it might make her an outcast.
Will the girls at the textile mills strike?
Katrina Hosking
Enjoyed the book, but the end seemed a little rushed or compacted to make a resolution for all the storylines going on.
Linda Williams
Dec 26, 2014 Linda Williams rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
great series
Judy Short
Aug 02, 2014 Judy Short rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good overall -I highly recommend it to Christian reader buffs.Also anyone who likes historical romance.
Mandy Spigle
Dec 17, 2010 Mandy Spigle rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another great read from Tracie Peterson. The Belles of Lowell series transports you to a different time when life was tough and finding true friends was even tougher. The chronicling of these girls lives during the industrial revolution will make you laugh, cry and thank God for your 8-5 desk job! Be ready to be sucked in to a series you won't want to put down!
Andrea Stoeckel
This is a poor finale for the three book arc. It just feels like too many issues crammed into 300 pages: racism, sexism, classism, anger, industrial change over keeping things as they were, and espionoge just don't untangle. Abolishenism and the eclogy of the area just seem asides.

And the ending just doesn't wash
Leigh Ann
Oct 16, 2010 Leigh Ann rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a great ending to a great series. It is not fast paced, but the history is amazing, there is enough romance and mystery to keep you interested and the writing is top-notch. You feel like you get to know the girls and their struggles.
Mary Bronson
I thought this was a very good book. I really enjoyed reading it. The plot and the characters were very well written. I was hooked from page one. I can not wait to keep on reading this series.
Susan Farrell
Dec 30, 2012 Susan Farrell rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This book took too much time talking about the textile industry ,I started skimming through it to get to the personal ,interesting parts which were about hiding slaves and the Irish immigrants.

Bunni
Jan 24, 2014 Bunni rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It was a fun book with unusual characters. It took place in the early 1800's when the color of your skin and where you were born made a big difference. So sad.
Brittany Larkin
Jan 02, 2014 Brittany Larkin rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
by far my favorite book in this series
Heather
I had to finish the trilogy. Much the same as the others, but not unpleasant by any means. A light quick read.
Martin Bihl
Jan 19, 2008 Martin Bihl rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Would have liked more history, less God.
Margie
Sep 08, 2012 Margie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What am I doing??? I have not read this book!!!
AmyJo
Apr 09, 2009 AmyJo rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was a fun read but a little long.
Partridge Public
Oct 22, 2007 Partridge Public added it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: INS Pet/Mil
Shelves: inspirational
Peterson, Tracie PB
Miller, Judith
Denise
A good, thought provoking novel
Kim
Kim marked it as to-read
Sep 25, 2016
Paula Shreckhise
Paula Shreckhise rated it it was amazing
Sep 23, 2016
Sarah marked it as to-read
Sep 22, 2016
Ashley Carter
Ashley Carter rated it it was amazing
Sep 21, 2016
Amy Massey
Amy Massey rated it really liked it
Sep 21, 2016
  • A Hope Beyond (Ribbons of Steel, #2)
  • An Uncertain Dream (Postcards from Pullman #3)
  • The Solitary Envoy (Heirs of Acadia, #1)
  • Promised to Me (Coming to America #4)
  • Glory (Brides of the West, #4)
  • Treasure of Stonewycke (The Stonewycke Legacy, #3)
  • Opal (Dakotah Treasures, #3)
  • Prairie Fire (A Town Called Hope, #2)
Tracie Peterson is a bestselling author who writes in both historical and contemporary genres. Her novels reveal her love for research as well as her strong desire to develop emotionally meaningful characters and stories for her readers. Tracie and her family live in Montana.

pen name: Janelle Jamison
More about Tracie Peterson...

Bells of Lowell (3 books)
  • Daughter of the Loom (Bells of Lowell, #1)
  • A Fragile Design (Bells of Lowell, #2)