Start by marking “The Lola Cruz Christmas Story (Lola Cruz Mystery #0.5)” as Want to Read:
The Lola Cruz Christmas Story (Lola Cruz Mystery #0.5)

The Lola Cruz Christmas Story (Lola Cruz Mystery 0.5)

The Lola Cruz Christmas Story is a short, holiday prequel to Living the Vida Lola. Lola is summoned by a woman from her past and becomes part of her own Christmas story as she leads Margo Callaghan to safety.
Published November 28th 2010

To ask other readers questions about The Lola Cruz Christmas Story, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Lola Cruz Christmas Story

Kim
Apr 20, 2012 Kim rated it it was amazing
Love Lola can't wait for Bare Naked Lola! (of course Manny's to die for, and jack's pretty hot.)
OpenBookSociety.com
Jun 14, 2016 OpenBookSociety.com rated it liked it
Shelves: andra

The Lola Cruz Christmas Story (A Prequel)
Lola Cruz Mysteries, Book #0.5
By Melissa Bourbon Ramirez
ISBN: 9781458175472
Author’s Website: http://misaramirez.com/
Review brought to you by OBS reviewer Andra

Synopsis:

Review:

I was looking for a quick read by a
Bea
The story is okay, it could have been better developed. Basically, Lola acts as a driver for a woman and her baby and then tries to sneak them into her family's house secretly. That's it, the whole story. There were also numerous typos but the worst thing was the length of the book.

The story ended at 39% of the book; the rest is filler, excerpts from other stories by the author. RAGE. RAGE. RAGE. Granted, there wasn't enough meat to the story to drag it out and make it longer but I hate when an
Babs
Oct 13, 2012 Babs rated it really liked it
Shelves: mysteries
This story is a prequel. I have not read any of the other books in this series. Very interesting with Lola and her family. I loved the scene of Lola up in the tree to help get a friend past her family. Her crush with Jack was interesting and look forward to seeing more of them in funny situations. A great way to get introduced to some of the main characters. Hope to see more of them and learn more.
Alyssa White
Dec 17, 2013 Alyssa White rated it liked it
Shelves: cozy-mystery
Very short read and that made me sad that is why it only got 3 stars. I will be snagging up more if the series though! Tamales for Christmas is a tradition in my home too, we don't make them but the Vicente family does and they are delicious. I want to read more.
MissyDevoursDelishReads
A short, very comical prequel. First I've read in this series...overall an enjoyable read. More humor than mystery.
Laura Lee
Nov 08, 2012 Laura Lee rated it liked it
Thought I was getting the whole book, but only a preview. Like one reviewer wrote, Lola is the Hispanic Stephanie Plum. Seems like a fun series.
Kandy
Dec 01, 2014 Kandy rated it liked it
Cute and very short story. Liked the characters in the book, but wish that they would have translated some of the Spanish words that were used. I did know some, but others not a clue.
Allison
Dec 20, 2014 Allison rated it liked it
Cute. Short story about Lola who is almost a PI. Reminds me of the Christmas story a little bit. Enjoyed the description of Lola in the tree.
Becky
Feb 26, 2013 Becky rated it liked it
This wasn't really the type of Christmas Story I was expecting. There was words in Spanish that I didn't know what they meant. I didn't like that part.
Glenda
Dec 17, 2013 Glenda rated it did not like it
The author constantly broke out in Spanish with no real translation. I found this annoying. I will not read any other books in the series.
Maria
Oct 12, 2012 Maria rated it really liked it
Great story but it ended too quickly. I understand it is supposed to make us want to read the series, but this story just left alot of things hanging!
Andra Weis
Dec 31, 2015 Andra Weis rated it liked it
Review outstanding
❂ Jennifer
Very quick, fun read giving a quick glimpse into Lola's life before "Living la Vida Lola". Introduces most of the main characters of the series and mentions the others. Recommend to Lola lovers.
Cindy
Cindy rated it it was ok
Jan 25, 2014
Kathy Ward
Kathy Ward rated it it was ok
Nov 15, 2015
Jai
Jai rated it liked it
Jan 21, 2013
Jonni Rich
Jonni Rich rated it liked it
Jan 16, 2015
Deanna
Deanna rated it really liked it
Oct 22, 2012
Susan
Susan rated it it was ok
Jun 29, 2014
Amanda
Amanda rated it liked it
Nov 21, 2012
Linda
Linda rated it really liked it
Oct 06, 2012
Megan
Megan rated it really liked it
Jan 23, 2014
Donna
Donna rated it really liked it
Jan 03, 2016
Dee
Dee rated it really liked it
May 09, 2012
Yvonna
Yvonna rated it liked it
Dec 25, 2014
Melody
Melody rated it liked it
Dec 24, 2012
April
April rated it it was ok
Aug 02, 2013
Melissa Ramirez
Mar 05, 2011 Melissa Ramirez rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
« previous 1 3 next »
  • The Christmas Carol Murders
  • Drowning in Christmas
  • Merrie Axemas
  • Rose, Undercover (Dead Roses, #1.1)
  • Mortal Deception
  • Christmas Beyond the Box
  • Dirty Little Secrets (Marisela Morales/Dirty #1)
  • Cupcakes, Sales, and Cocktails (Annie Graceland Mystery #2)
  • Murder Over Easy
  • Paper Hearts
  • Chihuahua of the Baskervilles (Gigi Chihuahua Mystery #1)
  • Trouble Under the Tree (Nina Quinn, #6)
  • Assault with a Deadly Glue Gun (Anastasia Pollack Crafting Mystery #1)
  • Picture Perfect
  • White Collar Christmas
  • Happy New Life (Grandberry Falls, #2)
  • Dead Pan (Daphne Martin, #2)
  • Glow in the Dark
1911502
Melissa Bourbon, who sometimes answers to her Latina-by-marriage name Misa Ramirez, gave up teaching middle and high school kids in Northern California to write full-time amidst horses and Longhorns in North Texas. She fantasizes about spending summers writing in quaint, cozy locales, has a love/hate relationship with yoga and chocolate, is devoted to her family, and can’t believe she’s lucky enou ...more
More about Melissa Bourbon Ramirez...

Lola Cruz Mystery (3 books)
  • Living the Vida Lola (Lola Cruz Mystery, #1)
  • Hasta la Vista, Lola!
  • Bare-Naked Lola (Lola Cruz Mystery, #3)