Start by marking “Seduced by Evil: The True Story of a Gorgeous Stripper-Turned-Suburban-Mom, Her Secret Past, and a Ruthless Murder” as Want to Read:

As an exotic dancer at The Great Alaskan Bush Company in Anchorage, Mechele Hughes Linehan knew how to captivate men. Three of them were convinced she was engaged to them. Then one spring morning in 1996, one man, Kent Leppink, was found in the snow, shot in the head…
Days before his death, Kent had removed Mechele's name from his million-dollar life insurance policy. He wr
Published August 2nd 2011 by St. Martin's True Crime

To ask other readers questions about Seduced by Evil, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Seduced by Evil

♥ Marlene♥
Jul 04, 2014 ♥ Marlene♥ rated it really liked it
Last month I bought some real books (meaning not ebooks ;-)) for my dad for father's day at amazon UK so I decided to get myself some books.

This one was one of it.

So far I am very much enjoying this read. Now stupid me while i was adding this book I accidentally read that the ending is not satisfying which means to me that horrible girl (woman) will not be punished.

Hope that is not the case but I will keep on reading.

On page 63 now July 2.
-----------------------------------------------
Okay finis
Julia Brumfield
Mar 31, 2014 Julia Brumfield rated it liked it
Shelves: real-life-crime, book
This was definitely one of the books that you could get into and never imagine that its ending would be so unsatisfying. Basically the story is the one where you already know how it is going to turn out due to the facts of the case and the lack of any conviction from an early point but still you hope that there would be a conclusion, a good ending to something that is so vague.

The book had a fair amount of missing words and misspellings throughout but it didn't stop the reading for the most pa
Matt
May 16, 2014 Matt rated it it was ok
Well-researched true-crime story. Nice balance of focusing on details of crime itself, people involved, and investigations. The author, a former Associated Press reporter, takes an evenhanded view of the case. Biggest downside: numerous editing errors, including one erroneous reference to "murders," plural. Title and cover blurbs are a bit cheesy, but perhaps that just comes with the genre. Further research is needed to learn the case's ultimate outcome; the book was published before the final ...more
Sae-chan
Dec 19, 2015 Sae-chan rated it liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
I think that some people need two worlds to live. One to be his or her own self, the other to be his or her ideal self. Maybe all of us actually want to live like this, but only a handful of people dare to do it. Regardless, living this way will surely hurt a lot of people.
Denise
Aug 21, 2013 Denise rated it it was ok
I would give this three stars, but it was not copy-edited. I have never read a book with so many typos, superfluous words, missing words, errors. Interesting story, though. Pictures would have been a nice addition.
Shannon D'Arpino
Sep 15, 2011 Shannon D'Arpino rated it really liked it
Crazy! I needed a quick read and this true crime was one of those for sure. It was quite a detailed account and was very interesting to see how it ended.
Jeannie
Nov 07, 2011 Jeannie rated it really liked it
Shelves: i-own
This true crime book held my interest all the way through even though the ending wasn't what I had hoped for.
Kristina M. Miller
Kristina M. Miller rated it it was amazing
Oct 20, 2014
Bruce Beck
Bruce Beck rated it really liked it
Jul 25, 2015
Amanda Bailey
Amanda Bailey rated it it was amazing
Mar 03, 2016
Katherine
Katherine rated it really liked it
Jul 19, 2012
Robert Louis Rodgers
Robert Louis Rodgers rated it really liked it
Oct 18, 2015
Christian Nelson
Christian Nelson rated it really liked it
Jan 22, 2016
Danessa Violette
Danessa Violette rated it liked it
Mar 04, 2016
Sarah rated it liked it
Sep 02, 2015
Sweetfaced
Sweetfaced rated it liked it
Mar 11, 2014
Richard Swanson
Richard Swanson rated it it was ok
Jul 24, 2016
John Mize
John Mize rated it it was amazing
Jun 13, 2016
Teresa
Teresa rated it liked it
Oct 06, 2013
Inge
Inge rated it did not like it
Aug 20, 2015
Helen
Helen rated it liked it
Mar 01, 2015
Sophia Posey
Sophia Posey rated it really liked it
Oct 02, 2016
Jazzlily
Jazzlily rated it liked it
Mar 04, 2016
prima epperson
prima epperson rated it liked it
Feb 20, 2015
Stephanie
Mar 05, 2012 Stephanie rated it liked it
Another rue crime time waster
loyda a straub
loyda a straub rated it liked it
May 14, 2016
Dana
Dana rated it really liked it
Jan 05, 2016
Megan Cyrulewski
Megan Cyrulewski rated it liked it
Jan 16, 2015
brenda  belg parlaman
brenda belg parlaman rated it really liked it
May 21, 2016
Tonya
Tonya rated it it was ok
Dec 08, 2014