Start by marking “Little League Confidential: One Coach's Completely Unauthorized Tale of Survival” as Want to Read:

3.97  ·  Rating Details  ·  62 Ratings  ·  9 Reviews
A journalist dad tells of his exhilarating experiences coaching his son’s Little League team with anecdotes about a ballerina batter, an unfair umpire uncle, and other stories that provide a fresh perspective on an American institution.
Published June 15th 2010 by Scribner (first published May 1992)

To ask other readers questions about Little League Confidential, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Little League Confidential

Awwwtrouble
May 04, 2015 Awwwtrouble rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Someone gave my husband a copy of this book because he's now in his 4th year of coaching within little league. I'm a big fan of WIllie Geist on the Today Show, and have also always liked Bill Geist. This was a fast, fun read. Maybe since we're still so early in Little League we haven't gotten all jaded - it's really been refreshing that we haven't ever had to deal with nightmare parents or kids. It's been all fun.
Daniel  Dubay
Jun 26, 2014 Daniel Dubay rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
As someone who has coached for the past 10 years, I can tell you that this is the closest book that I have read that replicates the coaching experience.
Juan DeSantiago
This was a good quick read. I really enjoyed the comedic take on what it is to be a little league coach. He also interjects the over optimism of seeing your son play sports for the first time which leads to dreams of him making it to the pro's. Enjoyed it.
Donald
Jul 09, 2010 Donald rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This read like a sanitized version of the original "Bad News Bears" movie! It even has the "miracle" catch at the end of an important game by the worst kid on the team! Very cliched! But it is funny at times, and a very quick read.
Bill Wheeler
Apr 05, 2013 Bill Wheeler rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One of the funniest parent books I have experienced.Human nature is personified in parents,coaches,and players in each chapter.Sometimes politically incorrect,but I like that.I Highly recommend the book if you can find it.
Jrueter
Jan 17, 2012 Jrueter rated it liked it
If you have kids in baseball, and probably most kids sports you will enjoy the humor and candor of this book. You will also probably recognize many of these characters and situations.
The Reading
Feb 20, 2011 The Reading rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
LOVE Bill Geist!
John Uzzi
Sep 12, 2010 John Uzzi rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
So true.
Claire
Claire rated it it was amazing
Jul 13, 2016
Katie
Katie added it
Jul 03, 2016
Mirry Capio
Mirry Capio is currently reading it
Jun 06, 2016
Ransom Moore
Ransom Moore rated it it was amazing
May 01, 2016
Jacob Feldman
Jacob Feldman marked it as to-read
Apr 26, 2016
John
John rated it liked it
Apr 25, 2016
Dylan_Podwell
Dylan_Podwell rated it it was amazing
Jan 11, 2016
Bob Brooks
Bob Brooks rated it liked it
Dec 17, 2015
Jim
Jim marked it as to-read
Oct 22, 2015
Kisså
Kisså marked it as to-read
Jul 15, 2015
Seth
Seth added it
Jun 11, 2015
Diane
Diane added it
Jun 07, 2015
Paula Brown
Paula Brown marked it as to-read
Jun 05, 2015
Gary Cole
Gary Cole rated it liked it
May 21, 2015
Joel
Joel added it
May 16, 2015
harry sippel
harry sippel rated it really liked it
May 16, 2015
Greg Parker
Greg Parker marked it as to-read
May 06, 2015
Dave
Dave rated it really liked it
Feb 28, 2015
Lisa
Lisa rated it it was amazing
Jan 21, 2015