Start by marking “Love and Marriage” as Want to Read:
Love and Marriage

Love and Marriage (Forgive and Forget #3)

With an unplanned baby on the way, a newly-wed daughter whose marriage is already in trouble, a teenager who won't eat and doesn't think there's anything wrong with her, and, hiding secrets from each other, Barry and Aimee are on a rocky road. When love flies in the window ex-wives can cause a lot of trouble.
Published March 1st 2011 by Transworld Publishers (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Love and Marriage, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Love and Marriage

Fiona
Aug 26, 2011 Fiona rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Well I have to say smugly it was a very satisfying read and I enjoyed every last second of it. It is the last in the trilogy and this author just keeps getting better!
It took me a while to remember all the characters that played throughout the series but once that was achieved I just flew through it. The book deals with true to life events, the recession, marriage seperation, death, teenage anorexia and of course love.
I really looked forward to coming home after work and curling up with a coff
Mariazita
Jun 16, 2015 Mariazita rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
E gostei bastante deste último livro, um final interessante para as personagens que acompanhei ao longo desta serie.
Uma serie sobre o ambiente familiar, com tristezas, ódios, alegrias ,arrependimentos, desculpas e de continuar em frente em busca da harmonia e da felicidade.A procura da realização pessoal,bem como a interacção entre as pessoas que nos são próximas.Procurar o melhor em cada um, tentar perdoar para seguir em frente com o sentido do dever cumprido.
Um serie que aconcelho a ler, que n
Wendy
May 14, 2012 Wendy rated it it was amazing

I've really enjoyed this trilogy and this book in particular as it continued the stories of the Adams, Davenport and Baxter families and developed their links to each other. I don't know if there are any more books in this series planned but I would definitely read them if there is. The characters were well developed and you wanted everything to turn out well for them (apart from the nasty ones of course). All in all a very enjoyable read that had me hooked.
Sharon Reeves
Aug 27, 2013 Sharon Reeves rated it really liked it
Having read the other 2 books in this set, I was happy to get my hands on this book. I really could not wait to find out what was happening to the characters lives. I feel it wrapped up the characters well, and I enjoyed it. I can always rely on a Patricia Scanlan book, for a cosy comfortable read, and this did not disappoint. Recommended.
brenda young
Nov 18, 2016 brenda young rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great

The last book in this trilogy and I think the best out of the three, you have laughter, sadness and joy. Tackling issues such as anorexia ,I don't think can be easy but was handled very well in this book and the loss of a loved one too, brought back memories for me ,all in all a very enjoyable read.
Best Crime Books & More
Nov 03, 2015 Best Crime Books & More rated it really liked it
Patricia Scanlan has now released the final part of her trilogy entitled Love & Marriage. The first two books were Forgive and Forget released in 2008 and Happy Ever After released in 2009.

We again meet the same characters and their daily struggles. Bryan and Debbie are now newly married and feeling the pinch financially. Their marriage is already looking uncertain and as things get harder Bryan tends to bury his head in the sand even more.

Connie who has done her bit for her daughter Debbie
Sara Gonçalves
Em Segredos do Teu Olhar temos o final desta trilogia em que acompanhamos várias famílias, cada uma com os seus problemas e as suas divergências, mas que se encontram ligadas de alguma forma. Neste livro acompanhamos os problemas que já vinham de trás e ainda mais alguns ligados à recessão que se viu na Irlanda há uns anos atrás.
A pouco e pouco vão-se resolvendo problemas, vão-se criando pontes e relacionamentos entre pessoas e onde não é possível que isso acontece há ruptura. Felizmente a rupt
Rebecca
Aug 10, 2012 Rebecca rated it liked it
I enjoyed this book more than the second in the series, but I found that it was quite dragged out but not about the enjoyable parts of the plot, more about the depressing financial sitatuations (it was as if she was trying to name as many companies etc. who had shares fall as possible) and I found half of Judith's storyline completely irrelevant (a chapter about her going to visit a therapist whom she finds completely unhelpful and ridiculous - did not move the plot along at all). However the ...more
Kim
Apr 26, 2011 Kim rated it really liked it
Shelves: library, 2011
This wasn't my favourite of the books in the trilogy- but it was a great read. It was nice to catch up with the characters and see the storylines tied up. It deals with extended families and different ralationships.

Patricia Scanlan is one of my favourite authors and looking forward to picking up the other two waiting for me.
Aileen
Apr 07, 2011 Aileen rated it really liked it
This book is a continuation of Patricia’s last book and the conclusion
of the series.
When I got to grips with this book, I did enjoy it, however there were
so many Characters, I had trouble remembering which is which, It was a
very long book, so I was glad to get to the end.
Fátima
Dec 29, 2013 Fátima rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Apesar de toda a série ser interessante (ainda que não arrebatadora) este livro foi um excelente desfecho.
O cruzar no final de todas as personagens e o "felizes para sempre" que se aguardava foi bonito.
Vou continuar a ler esta autora.
Ellen
Jul 19, 2015 Ellen rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
BORING!!!!!!! it was like reading someone's diary - where they write too many insignificant details because nothing's going on!!!!!!
how did it get to be a number 1 best seller?
maybe people like reading how boring other people's lives are because it makes their won feel more interesting!
Sile Horan
Not my usual read- but nothing else in the house. Despite myself I did enjoy it- I don't realise it was part three of a trilogy- stood on its own two feet though.
Janene
Feb 05, 2016 Janene rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Loved this mystery book by Patricia Scanlan and I haven't enjoyed all her books but would rank this the best. Kept me guessing and intrigued. A really good page turner.
Jane
Apr 06, 2012 Jane rated it really liked it
Shelves: library
Last in the series and a very good ending.. all the characters had a conclusion so your not left asking for more..
Hope this author will now bring out a new series just as good...
Clarinda
Para mim o terceiro livro salvou a série!

A minha opinião:
Stacy
Dec 01, 2011 Stacy rated it really liked it
Pure fluff, but I love her books. You can zip through them in a couple days, and they're just happy and fun.
Hilary
Mar 15, 2016 Hilary rated it liked it
Had a hard time getting into this book and knowing who the characters were. Then I discovered it was the third part of a trilogy. I had not read the first two so it was not a great read for me
Nicki
Nov 28, 2012 Nicki rated it really liked it
Have read all the books in this series. This was a good ending. Enjoyed very much - great characters that I had gotten to care about over three books. Good to sit down and relax with.
Tasha
Tasha rated it it was amazing
Feb 03, 2014
Mr Edward J Martin
Mr Edward J Martin rated it it was amazing
Oct 20, 2016
Mrs Joyce Laidlaw
Mrs Joyce Laidlaw rated it it was amazing
Nov 05, 2016
Lisa
Lisa rated it it was amazing
Jul 14, 2012
Sosbornes
Sosbornes rated it it was amazing
Apr 10, 2014
Marie-louise
Nice, easy read. Read it in just over 3 hours during travel so made the time go fast!,
Donna Logan
Donna Logan rated it it was ok
Apr 24, 2016
carolyn clarke
carolyn clarke rated it it was ok
Nov 06, 2016
Monica Lyons
Monica Lyons rated it it was amazing
Feb 01, 2016
Carla
Carla rated it liked it
Jan 20, 2014
Susan
Susan rated it it was amazing
Sep 21, 2015
  • Caroline's Sister
  • Hollywood Sinners
  • A Most Improper Rumor (Whispers of Scandal, #2)
  • A Twist of Fate
  • Beautiful Creatures
  • First We Take Manhattan
  • The Secrets Sisters Keep
  • The Sister Diaries
  • Letters to a Love Rat
  • The Promise
  • Dirty Tricks
  • Vanity, Vengeance And A Weekend In Vegas (A Sophie Katz Murder Mystery, #6)
  • The Show
  • New Beginnings
  • Friends, Lovers and Other Indiscretions
  • Kate's Wedding
  • Things I Couldn't Tell My Mother
  • O Barão
Patricia Scanlan was born in Dublin, where she still lives. While working as a librarian she started to write, and now has a full-time career as a bestselling author.
More about Patricia Scanlan...

Forgive and Forget (3 books)
  • Forgive And Forget
  • Happy Ever After

“unreasonable.’ She felt like saying it was barking mad but restrained herself. ‘Aahh, not quite ready yet. Not quite evolved enough. But you’re getting there, Judith. You have taken the first tentative steps. The fact that you came to me proves that. You’ll be back.’ Sheeva jumped up from the” 0 likes