Start by marking “Some Like It Wild” as Want to Read:
Some Like It Wild

Some Like It Wild (Kincaid Highland #2)

3.89  ·  Rating Details  ·  1,673 Ratings  ·  129 Reviews
It was to be her greatest masquerade . . .

Pamela Darby needs a man—preferably a Highland brute with more brawn than brains. Determined to save her sister from selling her virtue, the resourceful beauty requires a strapping specimen to pose as a duke's long-lost heir. Pamela plans to collect the generous reward, then send him on his way. Lucky for the brazen beauty, the sed
Published October 6th 2009 by HarperCollins e-books (first published January 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Some Like It Wild, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Some Like It Wild

Lover of Romance
This review was originally posted on Addicted To Romance My Review Updated
Summary
Pamela Darby needs a man to take on a role in a most deceptive masquerade. Pamela and her sister are in dire straits. After their mother was murdered in a fire, they were left destitute. If they don't find a way to get money soon, then her sister will be forced to sell her virtue away. Which Pamela refuses to let happen. On their way in a carriage, they get stopped by a highwayman. Through a series of events Pamela and the myster
Juliana Philippa
A good read with an absolutely delightful hero and a strong, likable heroine - has some small plot problems (3.5 stars)

I definitely enjoyed this book and would recommend it to historical romance-lovers, though I did have some problems with parts of the plot and mystery subplot which seemed especially contrived. However, the relationship between Pamela and Connor is great to read and Connor is an *absolutely delicious* hero that I don't see how any woman could not adore!

Summary:
After their famous
Katie(babs)
Apr 30, 2009 Katie(babs) rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
It has been awhile since I have read a Teresa Medeiros book. I had some trepidation when I picked up Some Like It Wild because I am not a big fan of Scottish historical romances. It seems that every single Scottish historical romance has become very cookie cutter. Unfortunately so is the case with Teresa Medeiros who has fallen into this category with Some Like It Wild.

The year is 1814 and the place is the Scottish Highlands. The setting is so very important since this is a Scottish historical r
Rebecca (everyday reader)
Another great Kincaid story! Acting the part of a Duke's long lost son with a randy and ill-mannered valet, engaged to a penniless girl with a snotty maid, and believing his life is one way and then discovering a secret makes this a delightful entry to the Kincaids tales. Pamela is a great match for Connor with their off the charts passion and love. Brodie cracks me up, and Sophie is too young and selfish for me to find her anything but annoying. Astrid deserved worse than Bedlam, but that is ju ...more
Cheryl
Loved this book... Teresa Medeiros is quickly becoming a favorite author of mine. This book had some surprising twists to it that I wasn't expecting and I thought it wrapped up the Kincaid Highlander series very nicely! I'm assuming there won't be any more additions to this series, although I'd love to read a book about Crispin and Sophie, so I'll keep my fingers crossed about that one! Can't wait to read some more books by this very talented and witty author! :)
ѕєяєηιтι
ilk kitabın sonu malum bir bitirişle bitmiş bizide en azından benide merakta bırakmış bir kitaptı nihayet bu merakı sonlandırdım çok mutluyum

yine çok güzel bir kitaptı çok beğendim Hem duygusal hem komik macerası bol sırları bol kesinlikle okunması gereken kitaplardan devamıda olsaydı keşke dedirtiyor.
Nihan
Nov 30, 2012 Nihan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
yazar yine çok güzel ve samimi bir öykü yaratmış. bayıldım bayıldım. sanırım sırada sophie ve crispin'in hikayesi var bir an önce okumak istiyorum. favorilerimin arasında kesinlikle ;)
Miranda Davis
Jul 09, 2014 Miranda Davis rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 3-4-stars
Having read and loved Yours Until Dawn, I glommed onto this book and plunged in. The illegitimate daughters of an actress are on their way to find a suitable impostor to play the role of long lost ducal heir. They hope to swindle the reward from the aging duke and discover who murdered their mother over a letter she received that holds a clue to the heir's whereabouts. While the world is searching for the lost heir in France, this letter, sent to their mother from her dear friend the duchess, re ...more
Lucimar
Mar 06, 2016 Lucimar rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Procurado pela guarda Connor Kincaid, é um assaltante de estrada que vive roubando os ingleses que viajam pelas highlands. Vive assim desde que perdeu os pais e perdera suas terras.
Pamela é uma jovem altruista que se esquece de si mesma para ajudar a mãe e sua irmã. E forte, tem caráter. Mas desde a morte do pai, esta numa situação difícil e para tentar melhorar a situação viaja para a Escócia, a fim de encontrar o filho desaparecido de um duque e assim receber a recompensa. Ao ser assaltada po
Gwen
May 13, 2014 Gwen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Jolie découverte de l’auteur, de son style, son univers.
J’ai beaucoup aimé le ton, l’atmosphère, les dialogues… notamment entre les personnages principaux (Connor et Pamela). J’ai adoré leurs échanges verbaux. C’est un livre qui tient grâce à ces deux personnages. Les personnages secondaires eux aussi bien décrit, notamment Brodie, Sophie et Crispin. L’auteur a réussi à faire en sorte que tous ces personnages (principaux et secondaires) soient dans l’intrigue sans qu’aucun n’empiète sur les autr
HÜLYA
Aug 13, 2012 HÜLYA rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Bazıları Hırçın Sever Teresa Medeiros

İki serilik Kincaid Highland Seisinin ikinci kitabı idi

Kincaid Highland Serisi:

1. Some like It Wicked (2008) Bazıları Ateşli Sever
2. Some like It Wild (2009) Bazıları Hırçın Sever

İlk romanda kız kardeş Cationa Kincaid'in macerasını okumuştuk ikinci romanda tahmin ettiğiniz gibi ağabeyi Connor Kincaid'in hikayesi vardı bu romanda..Ben bu ikinci romanı da çok sevdim..En başta çeviri harika idi ilk kitabı da çeviren Aydan Şanlısoy Özbek ikinci kitabında çevirme
Pj Ausdenmore
1814 - The Scottish Highlands

Pamela Darby can’t remember a time when she wasn’t the practical, responsible person that her family always turned to in times of crisis. As the moderately attractive firstborn child of the beautiful and adored London actress, Marianne Darby, clever and intelligent Pamela has always looked after both her pampered mother and her gorgeous younger sister, Sophie. When Marianne dies in a theater fire, leaving them penniless and young Sophie at the mercy of a married nobl
Sevimli Hırsız
Dec 18, 2012 Sevimli Hırsız rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4,5
Bazıları Hırçın Sever // Teresa Medeiros

İki kitaplık bir serinin ikinci ve son kitabı olan Bazıları Hırçın Sever , ilk kitabı Bazıları Ateşli Sever'den daha iyiydi.İlk kitabını da çok beğenmiştim ama bunun bambaşka bir tadı vardı. Kitabı okurken kesinlikle çok keyif aldım. Keyif almamın yanı sıra yazar yine güzel bir kurgu kurmuş. Ama tabii ki kitaba 4,5 vermemden de görüleceği üzere kitaptaki bir kısmı biraz klasik buldum.

İlk kitabını bu kısımda incelersek o daha farklıydı. Bu kitapta yaz
Megan
This book 2 in Ms. Medeiros Kincaid Highlander books, coming after Some Like it Wicked. This book is about the brother of the heroine from Some Like it Wicked. I enjoyed this book very much. It was a fast and fun read. However, I felt like I had read the end before (now, I know it’s not possible since it’s the first time I read this book, but, near the end when certain things are revealed at the party/dance that the Duke holds for the hero felt like déjà vu to me – probably very similar to anoth ...more
Michelle Kelly
Oct 21, 2010 Michelle Kelly rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: historical, 2010-read
Excellent little series! I liked that book 1 Some Like It Wicked did have a different theme than Some Like it Wild.
I felt Some Like it Wild had much more angst. I knew what was coming because of the cliffhanger ending in Some Like It Wicked and I was anticipating/dreading it.

Great characters. I loved Connor. I was drooling picturing him all done up in his Highland garb when he was at the Duke's mansion. Pamela Darby was an excellent smart heroin. I loved her little plan with Connor and the Duk
Ally72
Oct 04, 2009 Ally72 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Teresa Medeiros continues to be one of my favorite authors! This book did not disappoint me and I found myself smiling at different parts of the story (as I normally do with her books). She always has the ability to create heroes and heroines that are independent, loyal, and likable (she usually has a cute and sometimes mischievous kitty written in too). Connor and Pamela have a lot of witty banter in "Some Like It Wild" and it made for a fun book. I appreciated how they were loyal to their sist ...more
LaFleurBleue
This book was rather a miss for me. I did not like much the hero, whom I did not manage to understand, nor the heroine, who seemed like plenty others I had previously read about - taking care of the family including the parent, feeling totally on the shelf and caring only about the future of her sibling. The sister only seemed selfish. The plot was too much. And finally I thought both the humour and the sensual attraction between the characters were off and seemed artificial and not consistent.
N
Adria (Romance Reviews)
Originally posted on Adria's Romance Reviews

So, Pamela Darby needs money, power and the influence of a title in order to save her sister Sophie from having to sell herself to titled man. In order to save her sister though, Pamela also needs a man. Not just any man though, a Scottish man with more muscles than brains to pull off an elaborate con: Convince an aging duke that the man by her side is his long lost heir.

Highwayman Connor Kincaid is shocked when Pamela stops his plans to rob their carr
Audel
May 22, 2014 Audel rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Il s'agit du deuxième tome du dyptique sur la famille Kincaid.

Ce deuxième volet est consacré à Connor, jeune highlander désabusé qui volent pour survivre.

Quand il rencontre Pamela, il est immédiatement attiré par elle et se rend compte que c'est réciproque. en outre, elle l'intrique beaucoup, dommage qu'elle ne soie anglaise ! Aussi quand Pamela lui fait part de son plan pour démasquer l'assassin de sa mère, il saute sur l'occasion et la fait passé pour sa fiancée.

Comme on peut le deviner, les d
Nesli
Jan 26, 2014 Nesli rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Teresa'nın Türkiye'de çıkan 3.romanı Bazıları Hırçın Sever. İlk çıkan Güllerin Fısıltısı gayet güzel başlamıştı ama sonlarında, İskoç hikayesinin İngiliz tarzına dönüşmesi yüzünden çok sevememiştim.

Bazıları Ateşli Sever ise kahkahalarla, eglenerek okudugum bir romandı. Bunu da severim umuduyla okumaya başladım, aslında sevdim ama yine de son 30 sayfa haricinde gülmedim bile. İskoç hikayelerinde önemli bir unsur degil midir komedi? Bilemiyorum belki de bende artık tatminsiz bir kitap kaltağı olm
Leah
I've always been a fan of Teresa Medeiros' books. She infuses a lot of humor and sentimentality in a lot of her books and she always leaves me wanting more. This took me a while to read; not because it was hard to read (because it wasn't) but because I was being constantly distracted every time I tried to read it. People see me reading and automatically assume I have some free time to join them in shenanigans. Which - okay, sometimes, I do. BUT NOT ALWAYS! ... Anyway, what was I saying? Oh, righ ...more
Yumru
Aug 16, 2012 Yumru rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Başlarda biraz konuya adapte olamadım sıkıldım ama sonradan akıp gitti.Çok aman aman bir hikaye yok ama meraklanarak okuduğumuda söylemeden edemem.Yazarın bu serisi biraz türk filmi gibi sanki,yer yer öyle düşünmememi sağladı.Çok beğendiğiniz bir kitabın peşinden okumayın bence.Bir daha okurmuyum erkek karakter için pelki:))
Amy
Feb 14, 2014 Amy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I thoroughly enjoyed this book. It kept u in suspense from beginning to end. I didn't know if they was going to be a couple or just keep playing the role of a couple.
You get a woman and her sister desperate to find out who killed their mother so long ago. They set out on a journey to see for themselves. But they end up getting kidnapped and robbed of their fake trinkets by a rogue Scotsman.
But when the one girl comes up with a plan to use the Scotsman to bring him back to the Duke by playin
Songül
Sep 01, 2012 Songül rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sıkıcılıktan uzak , eğlenceli ve okuması keyifli bir hikayeydi..Connor ve Pamela arasınaki diyaloglar oldukça çekişmeli ve keyifliydi :) İlk kitaptan daha çok sevdim diyeblirim ...Okumak isteyenlere önerebileceğim bir kitap....
Bettie
This ended in such sweet charming way I loved these 2, they light up everypage and their chemistry was funny and full of fun interaction, i really enjoyed everypage, I didn't want it to end, Conner is my hero!
Lisa
Jun 14, 2014 Lisa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Comme le premier tome, l'histoire est pleine d'humour. Les personnages sont piquants. L'intrigue s'essouffle quand même un peu vers le milieu mais le tout reste quand même très plaisant à lire.
Kathie (katmom)
Apr 09, 2011 Kathie (katmom) rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
As much as I've loved Teresa Medeiros other stories...this hero is my second favorite. Connor, in the sequel SOME LIKE IT WICKED, is my favorite.

BUT...Simon...whew.
Whitney
Another must read from Teresa Medeiros. I have to say I have never been disappointed by one of her books and Some Like It Wild continued a massively successful streak.

If you like a historical romance full of hot chemistry, witty and charming banter, characters you love to hate, and a fairy tale retelling that is brilliantly woven then you need to read this book.

I've actually had this one for a while and I'm not sure why I was hesitating to read it. Maybe I was thinking they couldn't all live u
ஐ Canan ஐ `·.¸¸.·´´¯`··._
güzel ve eğlenceliydi..
keşke sophie ve Cripin'in de hikayesi olsaydı :D
Haley Osborn
Jun 27, 2016 Haley Osborn rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have a weakness for the Highwayman based stories and Irish so this one delivered on all fronts. I really enjoyed the relationship between Connor and Pamela. Their complete shock at each other by constantly one uping the other is entertaining and allows for a platform for their relationship to grow through not only mutual annoyance with each other but also mutual respect. In like the idea that Pamela and Sophie come from a background of theatre and would have liked to have seen that played up a ...more
Romance Novel Boo...: This topic has been closed to new comments. SOLVED- Book With Poor Heroine and Highway Man Hero 8 35 Feb 24, 2015 08:17PM
  • Tempted All Night (Neville Family, #4)
  • One Kiss From You (Switching Places, #2)
  • A Fiery Baptism
  • Return of the Warrior (Brotherhood of the Sword #6)
  • Highland Scandal (The Scandalous Series, #2)
  • The Laird Who Loved Me (MacLean Curse, #5)
  • Tamed by a Highlander (Children of the Mist, #3)
  • With Seduction in Mind (Girl Bachelors, #4)
  • Complete Abandon
  • Devil's Own (Clan MacAlpin, #2)
  • Bride of a Wicked Scotsman (McBride Family, #3)
  • Mistress to Her Husband
  • Just a Kiss Away
  • Duke Most Wanted (Heiress Brides, #3)
  • My Reckless Surrender
  • The Dark Side of Desire
  • Never A Lady (Regency #4)
  • Always a Scoundrel (Notorious Gentlemen, #3)
19971
New York Times bestseller Teresa Medeiros wrote her first novel at the age of twenty-one and has since gone on to win the hearts of both readers and critics. All of her books have been national bestsellers, featured on the New York Times, USA Today and Publishers Weekly bestseller lists. She currently has over 10 million books in print.

She is a seven-time Rita finalist, two-time PRISM winner, and
More about Teresa Medeiros...

Kincaid Highland (2 books)
  • Some Like It Wicked (Kincaid Highland, #1)