Some Like It Wild

Some Like It Wild (Kincaid Highland #2)

3.87 of 5 stars 3.87  ·  rating details  ·  1,340 ratings  ·  106 reviews
It was to be her greatest masquerade . . .

Pamela Darby needs a man—preferably a Highland brute with more brawn than brains. Determined to save her sister from selling her virtue, the resourceful beauty requires a strapping specimen to pose as a duke's long-lost heir. Pamela plans to collect the generous reward, then send him on his way. Lucky for the brazen beauty, the sed...more
Published October 6th 2009 by HarperCollins e-books (first published January 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Some Like It Wild, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Some Like It Wild

Juliana
A good read with an absolutely delightful hero and a strong, likable heroine - has some small plot problems (3.5 stars)

I definitely enjoyed this book and would recommend it to historical romance-lovers, though I did have some problems with parts of the plot and mystery subplot which seemed especially contrived. However, the relationship between Pamela and Connor is great to read and Connor is an *absolutely delicious* hero that I don't see how any woman could not adore!

Summary:
After their famous...more
Katie(babs)
It has been awhile since I have read a Teresa Medeiros book. I had some trepidation when I picked up Some Like It Wild because I am not a big fan of Scottish historical romances. It seems that every single Scottish historical romance has become very cookie cutter. Unfortunately so is the case with Teresa Medeiros who has fallen into this category with Some Like It Wild.

The year is 1814 and the place is the Scottish Highlands. The setting is so very important since this is a Scottish historical r...more
Rebecca (everyday reader)
Another great Kincaid story! Acting the part of a Duke's long lost son with a randy and ill-mannered valet, engaged to a penniless girl with a snotty maid, and believing his life is one way and then discovering a secret makes this a delightful entry to the Kincaids tales. Pamela is a great match for Connor with their off the charts passion and love. Brodie cracks me up, and Sophie is too young and selfish for me to find her anything but annoying. Astrid deserved worse than Bedlam, but that is ju...more
Cheryl
Loved this book... Teresa Medeiros is quickly becoming a favorite author of mine. This book had some surprising twists to it that I wasn't expecting and I thought it wrapped up the Kincaid Highlander series very nicely! I'm assuming there won't be any more additions to this series, although I'd love to read a book about Crispin and Sophie, so I'll keep my fingers crossed about that one! Can't wait to read some more books by this very talented and witty author! :)
ѕєяєηιтι
ilk kitabın sonu malum bir bitirişle bitmiş bizide en azından benide merakta bırakmış bir kitaptı nihayet bu merakı sonlandırdım çok mutluyum

yine çok güzel bir kitaptı çok beğendim Hem duygusal hem komik macerası bol sırları bol kesinlikle okunması gereken kitaplardan devamıda olsaydı keşke dedirtiyor.
Nihan
yazar yine çok güzel ve samimi bir öykü yaratmış. bayıldım bayıldım. sanırım sırada sophie ve crispin'in hikayesi var bir an önce okumak istiyorum. favorilerimin arasında kesinlikle ;)
Miranda Davis
Having read and loved Yours Until Dawn, I glommed onto this book and plunged in. The illegitimate daughters of an actress are on their way to find a suitable impostor to play the role of long lost ducal heir. They hope to swindle the reward from the aging duke and discover who murdered their mother over a letter she received that holds a clue to the heir's whereabouts. While the world is searching for the lost heir in France, this letter, sent to their mother from her dear friend the duchess, re...more
Gwen
Jolie découverte de l’auteur, de son style, son univers.
J’ai beaucoup aimé le ton, l’atmosphère, les dialogues… notamment entre les personnages principaux (Connor et Pamela). J’ai adoré leurs échanges verbaux. C’est un livre qui tient grâce à ces deux personnages. Les personnages secondaires eux aussi bien décrit, notamment Brodie, Sophie et Crispin. L’auteur a réussi à faire en sorte que tous ces personnages (principaux et secondaires) soient dans l’intrigue sans qu’aucun n’empiète sur les autr...more
HÜLYA
Bazıları Hırçın Sever Teresa Medeiros

İki serilik Kincaid Highland Seisinin ikinci kitabı idi

Kincaid Highland Serisi:

1. Some like It Wicked (2008) Bazıları Ateşli Sever
2. Some like It Wild (2009) Bazıları Hırçın Sever

İlk romanda kız kardeş Cationa Kincaid'in macerasını okumuştuk ikinci romanda tahmin ettiğiniz gibi ağabeyi Connor Kincaid'in hikayesi vardı bu romanda..Ben bu ikinci romanı da çok sevdim..En başta çeviri harika idi ilk kitabı da çeviren Aydan Şanlısoy Özbek ikinci kitabında çevirme...more
Pj Ausdenmore
1814 - The Scottish Highlands

Pamela Darby can’t remember a time when she wasn’t the practical, responsible person that her family always turned to in times of crisis. As the moderately attractive firstborn child of the beautiful and adored London actress, Marianne Darby, clever and intelligent Pamela has always looked after both her pampered mother and her gorgeous younger sister, Sophie. When Marianne dies in a theater fire, leaving them penniless and young Sophie at the mercy of a married nobl...more
Sevimli Hırsız
4,5
Bazıları Hırçın Sever // Teresa Medeiros

İki kitaplık bir serinin ikinci ve son kitabı olan Bazıları Hırçın Sever , ilk kitabı Bazıları Ateşli Sever'den daha iyiydi.İlk kitabını da çok beğenmiştim ama bunun bambaşka bir tadı vardı. Kitabı okurken kesinlikle çok keyif aldım. Keyif almamın yanı sıra yazar yine güzel bir kurgu kurmuş. Ama tabii ki kitaba 4,5 vermemden de görüleceği üzere kitaptaki bir kısmı biraz klasik buldum.

İlk kitabını bu kısımda incelersek o daha farklıydı. Bu kitapta yaz...more
Megan
This book 2 in Ms. Medeiros Kincaid Highlander books, coming after Some Like it Wicked. This book is about the brother of the heroine from Some Like it Wicked. I enjoyed this book very much. It was a fast and fun read. However, I felt like I had read the end before (now, I know it’s not possible since it’s the first time I read this book, but, near the end when certain things are revealed at the party/dance that the Duke holds for the hero felt like déjà vu to me – probably very similar to anoth...more
Michelle Kelly
Excellent little series! I liked that book 1 Some Like It Wicked did have a different theme than Some Like it Wild.
I felt Some Like it Wild had much more angst. I knew what was coming because of the cliffhanger ending in Some Like It Wicked and I was anticipating/dreading it.

Great characters. I loved Connor. I was drooling picturing him all done up in his Highland garb when he was at the Duke's mansion. Pamela Darby was an excellent smart heroin. I loved her little plan with Connor and the Duk...more
Ally72
Teresa Medeiros continues to be one of my favorite authors! This book did not disappoint me and I found myself smiling at different parts of the story (as I normally do with her books). She always has the ability to create heroes and heroines that are independent, loyal, and likable (she usually has a cute and sometimes mischievous kitty written in too). Connor and Pamela have a lot of witty banter in "Some Like It Wild" and it made for a fun book. I appreciated how they were loyal to their sist...more
LaFleurBleue
This book was rather a miss for me. I did not like much the hero, whom I did not manage to understand, nor the heroine, who seemed like plenty others I had previously read about - taking care of the family including the parent, feeling totally on the shelf and caring only about the future of her sibling. The sister only seemed selfish. The plot was too much. And finally I thought both the humour and the sensual attraction between the characters were off and seemed artificial and not consistent.
N...more
Audel
Il s'agit du deuxième tome du dyptique sur la famille Kincaid.

Ce deuxième volet est consacré à Connor, jeune highlander désabusé qui volent pour survivre.

Quand il rencontre Pamela, il est immédiatement attiré par elle et se rend compte que c'est réciproque. en outre, elle l'intrique beaucoup, dommage qu'elle ne soie anglaise ! Aussi quand Pamela lui fait part de son plan pour démasquer l'assassin de sa mère, il saute sur l'occasion et la fait passé pour sa fiancée.

Comme on peut le deviner, les d...more
Nesli
Teresa'nın Türkiye'de çıkan 3.romanı Bazıları Hırçın Sever. İlk çıkan Güllerin Fısıltısı gayet güzel başlamıştı ama sonlarında, İskoç hikayesinin İngiliz tarzına dönüşmesi yüzünden çok sevememiştim.

Bazıları Ateşli Sever ise kahkahalarla, eglenerek okudugum bir romandı. Bunu da severim umuduyla okumaya başladım, aslında sevdim ama yine de son 30 sayfa haricinde gülmedim bile. İskoç hikayelerinde önemli bir unsur degil midir komedi? Bilemiyorum belki de bende artık tatminsiz bir kitap kaltağı olm...more
Yumru
Başlarda biraz konuya adapte olamadım sıkıldım ama sonradan akıp gitti.Çok aman aman bir hikaye yok ama meraklanarak okuduğumuda söylemeden edemem.Yazarın bu serisi biraz türk filmi gibi sanki,yer yer öyle düşünmememi sağladı.Çok beğendiğiniz bir kitabın peşinden okumayın bence.Bir daha okurmuyum erkek karakter için pelki:))
Amy
I thoroughly enjoyed this book. It kept u in suspense from beginning to end. I didn't know if they was going to be a couple or just keep playing the role of a couple.
You get a woman and her sister desperate to find out who killed their mother so long ago. They set out on a journey to see for themselves. But they end up getting kidnapped and robbed of their fake trinkets by a rogue Scotsman.
But when the one girl comes up with a plan to use the Scotsman to bring him back to the Duke by playin...more
Songül
Sıkıcılıktan uzak , eğlenceli ve okuması keyifli bir hikayeydi..Connor ve Pamela arasınaki diyaloglar oldukça çekişmeli ve keyifliydi :) İlk kitaptan daha çok sevdim diyeblirim ...Okumak isteyenlere önerebileceğim bir kitap....
Bettie
This ended in such sweet charming way I loved these 2, they light up everypage and their chemistry was funny and full of fun interaction, i really enjoyed everypage, I didn't want it to end, Conner is my hero!
Lisa
Comme le premier tome, l'histoire est pleine d'humour. Les personnages sont piquants. L'intrigue s'essouffle quand même un peu vers le milieu mais le tout reste quand même très plaisant à lire.
Kathie (katmom)
As much as I've loved Teresa Medeiros other stories...this hero is my second favorite. Connor, in the sequel SOME LIKE IT WICKED, is my favorite.

BUT...Simon...whew.
Whitney
Another must read from Teresa Medeiros. I have to say I have never been disappointed by one of her books and Some Like It Wild continued a massively successful streak.

If you like a historical romance full of hot chemistry, witty and charming banter, characters you love to hate, and a fairy tale retelling that is brilliantly woven then you need to read this book.

I've actually had this one for a while and I'm not sure why I was hesitating to read it. Maybe I was thinking they couldn't all live u...more
ஐ Canan ஐ `·.¸¸.·´´¯`··._
güzel ve eğlenceliydi..
keşke sophie ve Cripin'in de hikayesi olsaydı :D
Joy
After abandoning his quest to restore the Kincaid Clan, Connor began to live his life as a highwayman - the most wanted at that. So when he accosts Pamela and her sister Sophie, he didn't know what he was getting into. Roles were reversed and the next he knew he's on a journey to London. Pamela's plan was foolproof, she just needs to the ten thousand pound reward to bring the Duke of Warrick's son back, and she'll just be on her merry way, have her sister marry a respectable gentleman, and live...more
Tonya Warner
Truly wonderful.

It was to be her greatest masquerade . . .

Pamela Darby needs a man--preferably a Highland brute with more brawn than brains. Determined to save her sister from selling her virtue, the resourceful beauty requires a strapping specimen to pose as a duke's long-lost heir. Pamela plans to collect the generous reward, then send him on his way. Lucky for the brazen beauty, the seductive, silver-eyed highwayman who just held up their carriage could be her man . . .

Connor Kincaid has g...more
.þµŋψà. [Punya Reviews...]
Stevie
Wish we could give half stars - 3.5 but not full four if I could. I have to say at first, I was having a great deal of trouble getting involved. The beginning of the story seems a little less mature and the a bit sillier, than the previous two scottish romances I have read from TM. I was ready to stop reading all together, but a recommendation from a very credible source gave this book a strong backing, that and I have trouble not finishing a book. It's the whole loose ends thing that compels m...more
Bronwyn Rykiert
This was another great story by Teresa Medeiros. I have enjoyed all her books, I think they are unique.

5 years ago Connor Kincaid gave up his dream of restoring his clans honor and instead left them and became a highwayman. He is now living with a group of vagabonds in a ruined castle in the Scottish highlands. Pamela Darby and her sister Sophie recently lost their actress mother in a deliberately lit fire and they have come to Scotland looking for the long lost son and heir of the Duke of Warri...more
  • Highland Scandal (The Scandalous Series #2)
  • The Laird Who Loved Me (MacLean Curse, #5)
  • Bride of a Wicked Scotsman (McBride Family, #3)
  • Devil's Own (Clan MacAlpin, #2)
  • In the Highlander's Bed (Cameron Sisters, #5)
  • A Husband's Wicked Ways (Cavendish Square, #3)
  • His Favorite Mistress (Mistress Trilogy, #3)
  • Always a Scoundrel (Notorious Gentlemen, #3)
  • Tempted All Night (Neville Family #4)
  • Highlander Unchained (MacLeods of Skye Trilogy, #3)
  • The Bridegroom (Captive Hearts, #4)
  • To Conquer a Highlander (Highlander, #1)
  • Seduced at Midnight (Mayhem in Mayfair, #3)
  • Kiss Me, Annabel (Essex Sisters, #2)
  • The Virgin's Secret
  • Untamed Highlander (Dark Sword, #4)
  • In Bed with the Duke (Governess Brides, #8)
  • The Hellion and the Highlander (Devil of the Highlands, #3)
19971
New York Times bestseller Teresa Medeiros wrote her first novel at the age of twenty-one and has since gone on to win the hearts of both readers and critics. All of her books have been national bestsellers, featured on the New York Times, USA Today and Publishers Weekly bestseller lists. She currently has over 10 million books in print.

She is a seven-time Rita finalist, two-time PRISM winner, and...more
More about Teresa Medeiros...
Yours Until Dawn Charming the Prince (Fairy Tales, #1) The Bride and the Beast (Fairy Tales, #2) After Midnight (Cabot, #1) A Kiss to Remember (Fairleigh Sisters, #1)