Start by marking “Touchdown for Tommy (Sports Classics)” as Want to Read:
Touchdown for Tommy (Sports Classics)

Touchdown for Tommy (Sports Classics)

3.63 of 5 stars 3.63  ·  rating details  ·  186 ratings  ·  9 reviews
TOUCHDOWN FOR TOMMY Is football Tommy's key to a new home? Football isn't just Tommy's favorite sport-he also thinks that it's the key to a good home. The recently orphaned Tommy is delighted to discover that his foster father, Mr. Powell, coaches Midget League football. By playing well, Tommy hopes that he will make Mr. Powell want to adopt him, and then he will have a re ...more
Published October 30th 1985 by Little, Brown Books for Young Readers (first published October 30th 1959)

To ask other readers questions about Touchdown for Tommy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Touchdown for Tommy

Josh
I thought this was a great book because it is about football. This kid is in the foster home, and he gets adopted. He likes football, so they sign him up. He likes to be the tight end. Tommy was not too bad. He didn't know if he would stay with them, so he had a game and found out he is staying. Tommy had a good game. It would be a great book for anyone who likes football.
Gideon
It was sad because Tommy was orphaned but it was happy when he made the football team. He learned to play right and you can't run right into people. Tommy suceeded and was allowed to live with the Powells. His family pushed him hard so he did well in school. The ending was happy, not sad like the beginning.
the Reeds
My son likes the book but then he's biased for anything football related. I thought it oversimplistic but the book's not meant for my age group.
Rich Andrus
This continues to be my favorite book since Gradeschool -- I have read it multiple times since then and still love the story line!
Thomas
one of my favorite books from my childhood plus my nickname used to be touchdown tommy back in middle school
Chris
God, I really wanted to write these sorts of books when I was a kid. Where did I go wrong?
Colshy
So good. I think the character was Tom Brady. No lie (OK, maybe a little one)
Brent
This is the first book I remember reading. I suspect it was 1st grade.
Russell
this book is very good and exciting
Nicholas
Nicholas marked it as to-read
May 31, 2015
Babas
Babas added it
Apr 07, 2015
Emmanuel Oshaleke
Emmanuel Oshaleke marked it as to-read
Apr 03, 2015
Loisa
Loisa added it
Mar 25, 2015
Steven Noone
Steven Noone marked it as to-read
Mar 16, 2015
Kristine Pratt
Kristine Pratt marked it as to-read
Mar 10, 2015
Dylan Martin
Dylan Martin marked it as to-read
Mar 08, 2015
Stacey Cooke
Stacey Cooke marked it as to-read
Feb 08, 2015
Jen
Jen marked it as to-read
Feb 02, 2015
Johnathan
Johnathan marked it as to-read
Feb 02, 2015
Kemberly Ford
Kemberly Ford marked it as to-read
Jan 11, 2015
Chris
Chris marked it as to-read
Jan 04, 2015
Efrain Martinez
Efrain Martinez marked it as to-read
Jan 02, 2015
Brie Schmidt
Brie Schmidt marked it as to-read
Dec 16, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • The Adventures of Jerry Muskrat
  • The Year of the Baby
  • Double Play
  • Badger in the Basement (Animal Ark #6)
  • Key to the Treasure
  • Shoeless Joe & Me (A Baseball Card Adventure #4)
  • Safe at Home
  • White Lilacs
  • Clementine and the Spring Trip (Clementine, #6)
  • Sophie's World (Sophie #1)
  • A Promise Is a Promise
  • Spiderweb for Two: A Melendy Maze
  • Return to the Island (Mackinac Island Trilogy, #3)
  • My Name is Bob
  • Missionary Stories with the Millers (Miller Family)
  • Ogres Don't Hunt Easter Eggs (The Adventures of the Bailey School Kids Holiday Special, #5)
  • The Same Stuff as Stars
  • Return to Hawk's Hill: Sequel to the Newbery Honor-Winning Incident at Hawk's Hill
Matt Christopher is the writer young readers turn to when they're looking for fast-paced, action-packed sports novels. He is the best-selling author of more than one hundred sports books for young readers.

Matt Christopher is America's bestselling sports writer for children, with more than 100 books and sales approaching six million copies. In 1992, Matt Christopher talked about being a children's
More about Matt Christopher...
The Kid Who Only Hit Homers Return of the Home Run Kid Catcher with a Glass Arm Tough to Tackle Ice Magic