Start by marking “Home Recording for Musicians for Dummies” as Want to Read:
Home Recording for Musicians for Dummies

Home Recording for Musicians for Dummies

3.58 of 5 stars 3.58  ·  rating details  ·  78 ratings  ·  6 reviews
Invaluable advice that will be music to your ears!Are you thinking of getting started in home recording? Do you want to know the latest home recording technologies? "Home Recording For Musicians For Dummies" will get you recording music at home in no time. It shows you how to set up a home studio, record and edit your music, master it, and even distribute your songs.

With t
Published November 1st 2008 by For Dummies (first published 2002)

To ask other readers questions about Home Recording for Musicians for Dummies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Home Recording for Musicians for Dummies

David Roberts
The book I read to research this post was Home Recording for Musicians for Dummies by Jeff Strong which is a very good book which I bought from kobo. This book assumes you are a musician who can play an instrument and now a bit about how sound is formed etc so it skips some topics. I'm not a musician but am interested in recording various friends making music so was interested in this. You have various options when it comes to recording like you can use a computer and have things like your mixer ...more
George Bradford
So, my new year's resolution for 2010 was to record an entire album of original songs. I would write them. I would play every instrument. I would record the tracks. I would mix it together. I would master it. And I would burn it to a CD.

Writing the songs and playing the instruments was the easy part.

How would I ever record them?

This book, Home Recording For Musicians For Dummies, lived up to its name and delivered what its title claimed.

I'm not big on these "for dummies" types of books. But this
Jessica
This book has a lot of information in it, but it is most certainly *not* for dummies. I was kind of disappointed in the presentation of information. Right now, I think if you're trying to learn about music recording, a better book would be "Modern Recording Techniques" by David Miles Huber and Robert E. Runstein. Perhaps if I knew more about recording I would find Jeff Strong's book more valuable, but the gap in my knowledge and what he's written is to the extent that it's not actually useful to ...more
Steven Gaskin
It took me from knowing next-to-nothing about recording and mixing to having a good understanding of the basics, and most importantly, of where I need to go next to keep learning, so as an introductory book, it's done everything it needed to. I liked the writing style too.
PWRL
Nov 28, 2014 PWRL marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014-new
O
Michael
This helps. It really does.
Alan
Alan marked it as to-read
Mar 24, 2015
Sergovich Johnson
Sergovich Johnson marked it as to-read
Mar 02, 2015
Janice
Janice marked it as to-read
Feb 18, 2015
Graig
Graig added it
Jan 19, 2015
pat klug
pat klug marked it as to-read
Jan 16, 2015
Carrie
Carrie marked it as to-read
Jan 15, 2015
Marco
Marco added it
Jan 13, 2015
Joseph Mikucki
Joseph Mikucki marked it as to-read
Dec 05, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Ad/Hd for Dummies Drums for Dummies [With CD-ROM] Woodworking for Dummies PC Recording Studios for Dummies Pro Tools All-in-One For Dummies