Start by marking “Dakota Father” as Want to Read:
Dakota Father

Dakota Father (Dakota #3)

3.82 of 5 stars 3.82  ·  rating details  ·  77 ratings  ·  7 reviews

It broke Jenny Archibald's heart to lose her best friend, Lena, to a fever—Jenny's not about to let any harm come to two-year-old Meggie, Lena's orphaned daughter. Jenny will take Meggie to the girl's uncle in Dakota Territory. And if Jenny's parents won't let her leave without her promise to marry a man of their choosing on her return, then that's a trade Jenny's willing
Published January 1st 2011 by Steeple Hill Love Inspired Suspense (first published December 21st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Dakota Father, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dakota Father

Jill Twigg
The perils of pioneer life fell on deaf ears as Jenny traveled to the Dakota territory to drop off an orphan ward to her uncle and his wife. Little does she know that Burke Edwards did not get married. Jenny stays to make sure little Meggie adapts to her new surrounding and the adventure ensues . . .
Shelly Ann Haselden
Now this was a good book! I loved the way both parties protected the little
girl in the book. Neither of them were about to let her go But of course the
little girl was connected to the woman. The woman was determined and feisty!
I loved Mr. Edwards, was quit sure that he was able to care for her, even in
his broken down home, and life, not fit for children, but he was willing to try.
Good story of love!
Linda
Feb 24, 2015 Linda rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone that loves western romances!
A nice sweet Western historical romance. I always like Linda Ford's books!
Stacia
I needed a really fluffy book, and this fit the description! :) When I grabbed the book from the library I didn't really realize it was a Christian fiction book, but that's ok with me. It was a fun/sweet little story, but probably could have been told just as well with 100 less pages. It was the same thing back and forth. "I want to stay but can't!" "I want her to stay, but she won't survive." It hit the spot for what I needed, but it's not going to win an award any time soon.
Dorcas
THis was another nice read by Linda Ford. This author often has children at the crux of her stories, bring the man and woman together but it in no way detracts from the story. Here we have a touching tale of an orphaned child finding a new family. There's a Canadian french/ indian housekeeper who is a real character too, very funny. Overall great characters and good story.
Shawn
Just didn't care for the main characters.
Lydia
Lydia added it
Apr 24, 2015
Krystal G
Krystal G marked it as to-read
Apr 19, 2015
Angieleigh
Angieleigh marked it as to-read
Mar 24, 2015
Jess
Jess marked it as to-read
Mar 20, 2015
Amanda
Amanda marked it as to-read
Mar 12, 2015
Rita
Rita marked it as to-read
Feb 17, 2015
Jessie Cumpson
Jessie Cumpson marked it as to-read
Feb 16, 2015
Sarah Richmond
Sarah Richmond marked it as to-read
Feb 02, 2015
Jen
Jen added it
Jan 30, 2015
Louise
Louise marked it as to-read
Dec 31, 2014
Cindy Coleman
Cindy Coleman marked it as to-read
Dec 27, 2014
Barbara
Barbara marked it as to-read
Dec 25, 2014
Sarah marked it as to-read
Dec 25, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Apr 06, 2015 02:39PM
Linda Ford grew up devouring books and making up stories in her head—often late at night when she couldn't sleep. But she hadn't planned to write. Instead, she dreamed of running an orphanage. In a way, that dream came true. She married, had four homemade children, adopted ten and lived (at times, endured) the dream.

Writing first took her to non-fiction human-interest articles for newspapers and
More about Linda Ford...

Dakota (3 books)
  • Dakota Child
  • Dakota Cowboy
Dakota Child The Journey Home (Depression Series, #2) The Cowboy Tutor The Gift of Family: Merry Christmas, Cowboy\Smoky Mountain Christmas The Cowboy's Surprise Bride (Cowboys of Eden Valley, #2)