Start by marking “Miss Marple's Final Cases” as Want to Read:
Miss Marple's Final Cases

Miss Marple's Final Cases (Miss Marple mix 9)

3.82 of 5 stars 3.82  ·  rating details  ·  2,754 ratings  ·  101 reviews
Despite the title, the stories collected here recount cases from the middle of Miss Marple's career. They are: 'Sanctuary'; 'Strange Jest'; 'Tape-Measure Murder'; 'The Case of the Caretaker'; 'The Case of the Perfect Maid'; 'Miss Marple Tells a Story'; 'The Dressmaker's Doll'; 'In a Glass Darkly'; 'Greenshaw's Folly.'
Published June 15th 2004 by William Morrow Paperbacks (first published 1924)

To ask other readers questions about Miss Marple's Final Cases, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Miss Marple's Final Cases

Mahdia S 140A501
Miss Marple's final cases is a really interesting book. I finished reading it in a short period of time as I was flipping pages without getting bored. All the seven short stories are interesting but I was surprised because there was a horror story which is not Agatha Christie's style but it was worth reading. I would recommend this book to all people of different ages who like mystery.
BrokenTune
Ideal bed time reading - the stories are written well enough to draw you in, but are short and formulaic enough to not keep you up all night guessing what happened next.

Some of the stories are more obvious than others. Unlike in the The Thirteen Problems, there is no particular thread to collection - and no story line within the collection to reveal more about Miss Marple (or why the collection is titled Final Cases). For that, 3 stars, not more.

I guess, if Christie had been able alive to have
Abu Hasan
أهمية هذا الكتاب تكمن في المقدمة التي تضمنته عن أغاثا وأعماله وشخصية الآنسة ماربل
يضم الكتاب 6 قصص قصيرة: أربع منها عن قضايا تقوم بحلها الآنسة ماربل، واثنان لا وجود لشخصية الآنسة ماربل فيهما، بل لا يمكن تصنيفهما تحت صنف الروايات أو القصص البوليسية، إذ هما أقرب للأدب الغرائبي
وأرى أن أغاثا قد وفقت في هاتين القصتين، ولا أدري إن كان لها قصص أخرى قريبة من هذا النوع
Isabelle Vincenti
As a great fan of the TV series of Hercule Poirot and Miss Marple, it is only surprising I hadn't started reading Agatha Christie's books earlier. Oddly enough, this is the first book I've just started with to make me read again (hopefully : a lot, like I used to).
This book is really cool, it's small, easy and quick to read! Christie's style is smooth and, although the characters jump to the right conclusions a little too easily for my taste (especially in story number 1, "Sanctuary"), I enjoye
Sammy
More like “This reviewer’s final decision to never read Agatha Christie again”. At the end of her life, Agatha Christie agreed to publish the remaining Miss Marple short stories which hadn’t yet been put into book format.

There’s a reason they hadn’t yet been put into book format. These are indicative of Christie at her short story laziest, and Miss Marple – a character who is often “magically” intuitive in her understanding – here is just a plot device to reveal answers no one could ever have kn
Denise
Some of these stories most Miss Marple fans will be familiar with, though two stories aren't even Miss Marple stories. They were, of course, all entertaining, but they also showed that Agatha Christie's writing subjects extend past her most popular characters. She especially shows a darker, supernatural side in many of her stories, which makes me wonder if she were writing today, with today's standards, how her stories might be different. We know Christie started writing to earn a living, so she ...more
Walaa
مجموعة رائعة جدا
لا تشعرك بالملل
جرائم قتل
ما عدا قصتين
ارعبتني قصة دمية الخياطة
ابدعت اجاثا جدا
Tali
I enjoyed this a lot, especially as I seem to find that I prefer the short story versions of the Miss Marple stories, rather than the full novel mysteries. Out of this collection of nine stories, I'd say that five of them are definitely worth reading, whilst the other four are of varying natures. My one disappointment was that two of the stories in the middle, The Dressmaker's Doll and In a Glass Darkly, were not Miss Marple stories at all and came across more as morality tales than anything els ...more
Col
Synopsis/blurb...........

Presented in this collection are: the man found dying in the church sanctuary; the puzzle of Uncle Henry's hidden legacy; the question of the murder with the tape-measure; the curious conduct of the caretaker; the case of Miss Skinner's maid and the baffling mystery of the stabbing of Mrs Rhodes.
---------------------
My take........

Well after maybe a 35 year hiatus between my last reading of the venerable Dame of Crime Fiction, I thought it was time to head back down to S
Ebookwormy
I love Miss Marple. I love seeing her expert, honed, people observation skills at work. This book of short cases is a pleasure to read. Over the years, I have internalized some of her tricks - and even drawn on them in my life! But some of the solutions still surprise me!

As an extension, what does such a work say about the writer, Ms. Christie, herself? Fascinating.
Lynn Worton
This is a fantastic collection of Miss Marple tales! I loved them!

I downloaded this set of six Miss Marple stories in audiobook for my mom, so it would give her something to occupy her time while recuperating; she had been very ill in hospital at the time. I decided to listen to it myself once she had recovered, because I love Agatha Christie's mystery books too.

This audiobook was narrated by one of the best actresses (I feel) to have portrayed Miss Marple, Dame Joan Hickson. Her narration of si
An Odd1
Best #5, if accept sticky candy would be picked up after mirror and leave decent fingerprints. Maybe #3 - best pins not cheapest. Published posthumously for good reason. Supernatural is bunkum horror. #6 is Jane Marple at worst widdery. UK has 8 cases to US 9.
1 Sanctuary - Vicar's wife Bunch brings Jane last words and luggage ticket from escaped prisoner who dies in church.
2 Strange Jest - Uncle Mathew hides gammon recipe and love letters.
3 Tape-Measure - Miss Politt waits with dress for strang
cloudyskye
The Miss Marple stories are OK, although I really prefer the full length novels. What spoils the book for me are the two final stories, sans Miss Marple. I don't at all care for this sort of supernatural horror stuff that doesn't make sense in the first place, let alone in this collection.
Rick
Regressing to my childhood, with Aunt Agatha...These are very minor distractions - some magazine Marples to keep us mildly amused on the train journey, or whatever. As such they're quite successful, but don't except any great whdunnits.
Marie Godley
Agatha Christie at her best and it's nice to have some short stories that you can read quickly in between doing other things.
Katlyn Camila
São histórias pequenas mas resolvidas de modos bem inteligentes!
Caroline
Contains 8 short stories:

*Sanctuary (3***)
*Strange Jest (3***)
*Tape Measure Murder (3***)
*The Case of the Caretaker: A Miss Marple Short Story (3***)
*The Case of the Perfect Maid (3***)
*Miss Marple Tells a Story (3***)
*The Dressmaker's Doll (3***)
*In a Glass Darkly (2**)

Good collection of short stories. The first 6 are classic Miss Marple mysteries, the last 2 don't feature Miss Marple and have a more supernatural feel to them.
Wayne
Jul 30, 2010 Wayne rated it 1 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: to Agatha Fans
Recommended to Wayne by: memories I've outgrown
What am I learning from this book??
Probably that I'm over Miss Marple.
Haven't read one for years; and this one was such a small volume, one I could easily fit into my jacket pocket when I caught a train into the city, that this is exactly what I am doing.
I bought it to have a light break from my usual fare.
I'm enjoying the rather dreadful, far-fetched, predictable plots in so far as one can enjoy dreadful, far-fetched and predictable plots and as I have less than 50 pages to go I'm sure to finis
Franzi
In (Very) Short:

+ collection of short stories
+ short, sweet, and entertaining read
+ two extra mystery stories in addition to Miss Marple's cases
+ typical Christie

My Opinion:

I would like to read all Poirot and Miss Marple mysteries at on point and in only three books I will have finished with Christie's Marple mysteries.

In The Final Cases are a collection of short stories centering around the amateur sleuth Jane Marple. In addition to those stories two non-Marple mysteries were published in this
Vince_nova
Nov 12, 2007 Vince_nova rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everybody
Ini merupakan buku paling tipis (jumlah halamannya sedikit) karya Agatha Christie yang pernah aku baca,,, ;-P

Pertama-tama, cerita tentang seorang pria yang tak dikenal yang muncul di gereja dengan luka tembak di tubuhnya…
lalu teka - teki harta karun peninnggalan seorang lelaki tua yang eksentrik…
kelakuan aneh sang penunggu rumah setelah suatu kecelakaan kuda yang mencurigakan...
jenazah seorang wanita dan kaitannya dengan tali pengukur...
gadis yang dituduh melakukan pencurian... kasus boneka
Shorouq
اعتقد انها من اجمل ما قرأت للكاتبة كريستي
السيدة ماربل عجوز مسنة ولكنها شديدة الزكاء ...فهي تعرف الكثير عن طبيعة البشر السلبية
واي قضية تحدث غالبا ما يتم الجوء للسيدة ماربل لتحلها بزكائها
والمخيف في الامر ان السيدة ماربل غالبا ما تكون على حق بشان الطبيعة الشريرة للناس
ايا يكن من امر فقد استمتعت بقرائتها كثرا فقد كانت مشوقة وختصرة
Daniel Bratell
Miss Marple's short stories are interesting. Note that this book contains a couple of non-Miss Marple stories that are rather different though, and in my mind, much worse. Also note that the same short stories appear in multiple compostions (only a few of these were new to me).
Cameron Trost
An entertaining collection of Marple cases but certainly not Christie's best work. Some of the mysteries are underdeveloped or written in such a way that the reader isn't effectively encouraged or given the tools to speculate as to just what is going on.
Joevarian
The first. I thought that when I'm going to try reading Agatha Christie's novels, I'm going to read the collection of stories first, not the full hundreds of pages for only a case. So then I read this. This novel wasn't really good for amateurs in Agatha Christie. But this is actually pretty ok if you read other Ms. Marple's cases.

This novel has thirteen collection of stories, some of which featuring Ms. Marple, the old virgin villager detective women. Unlike Detective Poirot that solved the cas
Monika
When I started to read this book I didn't really read the description of it and didn't realize that it has a few stories in it. After a few chapters it felt like it's one story with one main character Mrs. Marple. Although, the stories started to drift from one another and it got me very confused. I didn't know which murder I really follow in this book, mostly because the endings of each chapters weren't as clear as one would thought.

The last two chapters are the most separated and the one abou
Dania.
كتابي الاول لاغاثا، كنت في الثانية عشر و لسبب ما ما زلت اذكر بعش قصصه و ما زلت اذكر الاختباء تحت البطانية مع المصباح الصغير لاقرأ في الوقت الذي يجب ان اكون فيه نائمة :)
Amy
This book was a collection of super short stories, the last two didn't even involve Marple. They were just snippets and I wish they were more fleshed out.
Indah Threez Lestari
287 - 2014

#Program BUBU

Dari sekardus novel Agatha Christie hasil beli ulang, novel ini yang kubaca duluan karena... tipisnya.
Kate Millin
I enjoyed the Miss Marple stories but found the additional 2 at the end of the book more strange tan enjoyable- especially the one about the doll.

A highly recognized sleuth, Miss Marple unravels seven engaging mysteries, among them: "Tape Measure Murder," about an ordinary housewife found dead; "Case of the Perfect Maid," where a servant turns up missing; "Case of the Caretaker," in which Miss Marple's doctor procures a very strange remedy for the flu; "Miss Marple Tells a Story," where a husban
Alberto
The last two cases, not Marples, are quire interesting, the sort of stuff she included in the Hound of Death collection.
  • Agatha Christie
  • Unfinished Portrait: A Novel of Romance and Suspense.
  • Agatha Christie: A Biography
  • Agatha Christie's Secret Notebooks
  • Death and the Dancing Footman (Roderick Alleyn, #11)
  • The Golden Spiders (Nero Wolfe, #22)
  • The Floating Admiral
  • The Case Is Closed (Miss Silver, #2)
  • L'aiguille creuse (Arsène Lupin, #3)
  • The Secret of Annexe 3 (Inspector Morse, #7)
  • Duchess of Death: The Unauthorized Biography of Agatha Christie
  • Agatha Christie and the Eleven Missing Days

Agatha Mary Clarissa Miller was born in Torquay, Devon, England, U.K., as the youngest of three. The Millers had two other children: Margaret Frary Miller (1879–1950), called Madge, who was eleven years Agatha's senior, and Louis Montant Miller (1880
More about Agatha Christie...
And Then There Were None Murder on the Orient Express (Hercule Poirot, #10) The Mysterious Affair at Styles (Hercule Poirot #1) Murder at the Vicarage (Miss Marple, #1) The Murder of Roger Ackroyd (Hercule Poirot, #4)