Start by marking “Miss Marple's Final Cases” as Want to Read:
Miss Marple's Final Cases

Miss Marple's Final Cases (Miss Marple #14)

3.82  ·  Rating Details ·  4,146 Ratings  ·  179 Reviews
Despite the title, the stories collected here recount cases from the middle of Miss Marple's career. They are: 'Sanctuary'; 'Strange Jest'; 'Tape-Measure Murder'; 'The Case of the Caretaker'; 'The Case of the Perfect Maid'; 'Miss Marple Tells a Story'; 'The Dressmaker's Doll'; 'In a Glass Darkly'; 'Greenshaw's Folly.'
Published June 15th 2004 by William Morrow Paperbacks (first published October 1979)

To ask other readers questions about Miss Marple's Final Cases, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Miss Marple's Final Cases

Aslı Dağlı
May 19, 2016 Aslı Dağlı rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Yorumum icin -> instagram: dagli_asli
Mahdia S 140A501
Miss Marple's final cases is a really interesting book. I finished reading it in a short period of time as I was flipping pages without getting bored. All the seven short stories are interesting but I was surprised because there was a horror story which is not Agatha Christie's style but it was worth reading. I would recommend this book to all people of different ages who like mystery.
Abu Hasan
Dec 06, 2013 Abu Hasan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
أهمية هذا الكتاب تكمن في المقدمة التي تضمنته عن أغاثا وأعماله وشخصية الآنسة ماربل
يضم الكتاب 6 قصص قصيرة: أربع منها عن قضايا تقوم بحلها الآنسة ماربل، واثنان لا وجود لشخصية الآنسة ماربل فيهما، بل لا يمكن تصنيفهما تحت صنف الروايات أو القصص البوليسية، إذ هما أقرب للأدب الغرائبي
وأرى أن أغاثا قد وفقت في هاتين القصتين، ولا أدري إن كان لها قصص أخرى قريبة من هذا النوع
Kate Beth Heywood
Apr 13, 2015 Kate Beth Heywood rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Some wonderful short stories featuring Miss Marple, although the latter two don't feature her at all. The Dressmaker's Doll was really creepy! Great read.
cloudyskye
The Miss Marple stories are OK, although I really prefer the full length novels. What spoils the book for me are the two final stories, sans Miss Marple. I don't at all care for this sort of supernatural horror stuff that doesn't make sense in the first place, let alone in this collection.
Dania.
Feb 14, 2014 Dania. rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
كتابي الاول لاغاثا، كنت في الثانية عشر و لسبب ما ما زلت اذكر بعش قصصه و ما زلت اذكر الاختباء تحت البطانية مع المصباح الصغير لاقرأ في الوقت الذي يجب ان اكون فيه نائمة :)
3houd
Oct 06, 2016 3houd rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
مجموعة قصصية تتكون من ثماني قصص قصيرة، ست منهن يقدمن الآنسة ماربل.
قصص للقراءة الخفيفة؛ أحببت قضية وكيلة البيت (وهي قصة قصيرة لرواية ليل لا ينتهي) و جريمة في المرآة.
Sammy
Oct 02, 2010 Sammy rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery
More like “This reviewer’s final decision to never read Agatha Christie again”. At the end of her life, Agatha Christie agreed to publish the remaining Miss Marple short stories which hadn’t yet been put into book format.

There’s a reason they hadn’t yet been put into book format. These are indicative of Christie at her short story laziest, and Miss Marple – a character who is often “magically” intuitive in her understanding – here is just a plot device to reveal answers no one could ever have kn
BrokenTune
Dec 12, 2012 BrokenTune rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed
Ideal bed time reading - the stories are written well enough to draw you in, but are short and formulaic enough to not keep you up all night guessing what happened next.

Some of the stories are more obvious than others. Unlike in the The Thirteen Problems, there is no particular thread to collection - and no story line within the collection to reveal more about Miss Marple (or why the collection is titled Final Cases). For that, 3 stars, not more.

I guess, if Christie had been able alive to have
Marie Godley
Jul 06, 2012 Marie Godley rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Agatha Christie at her best and it's nice to have some short stories that you can read quickly in between doing other things.
Stephanie Jackson
A fast listen to a couple stories. Not my favorite of Miss Marple for for a list completionist list I tend to be, a good read.
Lynn Worton
Jul 18, 2014 Lynn Worton rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a fantastic collection of Miss Marple tales! I loved them!

I downloaded this set of six Miss Marple stories in audiobook for my mom, so it would give her something to occupy her time while recuperating; she had been very ill in hospital at the time. I decided to listen to it myself once she had recovered, because I love Agatha Christie's mystery books too.

This audiobook was narrated by one of the best actresses (I feel) to have portrayed Miss Marple, Dame Joan Hickson. Her narration of si
Luna Martin
Feb 23, 2011 Luna Martin rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery
Some of these stories most Miss Marple fans will be familiar with, though two stories aren't even Miss Marple stories. They were, of course, all entertaining, but they also showed that Agatha Christie's writing subjects extend past her most popular characters. She especially shows a darker, supernatural side in many of her stories, which makes me wonder if she were writing today, with today's standards, how her stories might be different. We know Christie started writing to earn a living, so she ...more
Tali
I enjoyed this a lot, especially as I seem to find that I prefer the short story versions of the Miss Marple stories, rather than the full novel mysteries. Out of this collection of nine stories, I'd say that five of them are definitely worth reading, whilst the other four are of varying natures. My one disappointment was that two of the stories in the middle, The Dressmaker's Doll and In a Glass Darkly, were not Miss Marple stories at all and came across more as morality tales than anything els ...more
Isabelle Vincenti
Sep 15, 2014 Isabelle Vincenti rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
As a great fan of the TV series of Hercule Poirot and Miss Marple, it is only surprising I hadn't started reading Agatha Christie's books earlier. Oddly enough, this is the first book I've just started with to make me read again (hopefully : a lot, like I used to).
This book is really cool, it's small, easy and quick to read! Christie's style is smooth and, although the characters jump to the right conclusions a little too easily for my taste (especially in story number 1, "Sanctuary"), I enjoye
رومولا الن
مجموعه قصصيه بالالغاز بوليسية بسيطةلكنها ممتعه

تتكون من ثماني قصص سته منهم للانسة ماربل
والاثنتين الباقيتين ليستا من بطولتها
وفصل تعريفي بالانسة ماربل
احببت قصة المذبح
والآنسة ماربل تروي قصة

احببت شخصية الانسة ماربل هذه ثاني مجموعه قصصة اقراءها من بطولتها متشوقه لقراءة رواية طويله تكون هي بطلتها

ملاحظه:لم أقراء قصة قضية وكيلة البيت لانه كان في تحذير انها ملخص لرواية ليل لاينتهي وسفسد علي قراء الروايه اذا عرفت احداثها لذلك لم اقراءها

انصح بها فهي خفيفه تنهيها بجلسة واحدة

Ebookwormy1
Jun 08, 2012 Ebookwormy1 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery
I love Miss Marple. I love seeing her expert, honed, people observation skills at work. This book of short cases is a pleasure to read. Over the years, I have internalized some of her tricks - and even drawn on them in my life! But some of the solutions still surprise me!

As an extension, what does such a work say about the writer, Ms. Christie, herself? Fascinating.
Shorouq
Jul 12, 2014 Shorouq rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
اعتقد انها من اجمل ما قرأت للكاتبة كريستي
السيدة ماربل عجوز مسنة ولكنها شديدة الزكاء ...فهي تعرف الكثير عن طبيعة البشر السلبية
واي قضية تحدث غالبا ما يتم الجوء للسيدة ماربل لتحلها بزكائها
والمخيف في الامر ان السيدة ماربل غالبا ما تكون على حق بشان الطبيعة الشريرة للناس
ايا يكن من امر فقد استمتعت بقرائتها كثرا فقد كانت مشوقة وختصرة
Pujiyanto stiffy
'Ini bisa jadi merupakan sebuah kumpulan kisah untuk hiburan ringan buat penggemar Agatha Christie, khususnya penggemar Miss Marple; Tidak semuanya tentang detektif, dua di antaranya bahkan berisi metafora yang akan kuanggap sebagai romannya Agatha Christie, terutama kisah paling akhir'
Rick
Sep 09, 2011 Rick rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: crime
Regressing to my childhood, with Aunt Agatha...These are very minor distractions - some magazine Marples to keep us mildly amused on the train journey, or whatever. As such they're quite successful, but don't except any great whdunnits.
Shrilaxmi
Jul 25, 2015 Shrilaxmi rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: People who like lighthearted mystery
Recommended to Shrilaxmi by: Megha Ramesh
Shelves: library
This was an average book. Some of the cases were really interesting while others weren't. My favourite was 'Miss Marple Tells A Story'. The story flow was great and the writing was good.
Samyukta Chandrasekaran
Two mystery stories "Miss Marple Tells a Story" and "Greenshaw's Folly" were the ones I really liked. Others were not really great.
Kirila
A quick enjoyable read. I love Miss Marple cases and even though the stories cannot be intricate as the novels, they are still interesting and surprising.
Katlyn Camila
Jul 25, 2013 Katlyn Camila rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
São histórias pequenas mas resolvidas de modos bem inteligentes!
Simon Taylor
missmarplesfinalcasesIn the interests of full disclosure, I am not a fan of short stories, and especially not Agatha Christie’s. Even if that wasn’t the case before The Hound of Death, is is now.

Christie’s short stories generally fall into two categories: those so undercooked she couldn’t be bothered making a full story out of it, or those so condensed that she should have. She’s not great at coming up with stories that are, basically, very good short ones.

SOS ♦♦◊◊◊

Guy rocks up at a church, asks
Rizki Madfia
Buku ini berisi 8 kisah pendek yang tentunya menarik meskipun tidak dengan penampilan bukunya. Maksudku, pada cetakan seri ini menggunakan kertas buram dan ada beberapa halaman yang ketikannya terlihat membayang. Bahkan ada typo pada paragraph pertama, di awal buku. Terlepas dari penampilannya, aku tetap bersemangat membaca kisah di dalamnya.

Ada 3 kisah yang paling kusukai. Kisah pertama yang kusuka berjudul Pembunuhan dengan Pita Pengukur. Tidak seperti kisah lainnya dalam karya Agatha yang sud
Dallass
Well... I have finally read the last book in my #ayearofmarple challenge, and I'm feeling a tad let down. Don't get me wrong, I love Miss Marple - but this final collection of stories just didn't do it for me. There are two stories (The Dressmaker's Doll and In A Glass Darkly) that do not even feature, nor mention, Miss Marple. Although I enjoyed the supernatural elements of The Dressmaker's Doll, I this is a collection about Miss Marple's FINAL CASES! I expected to see dear Jane featured, front ...more
Heather
I listener to the Audible book, and apparently it doesn't include all of the short stories in this book. It just has 3 of them. They were ok, like snacking on potato chips when you're waiting for a meal. Not truly satisfying, but enough to keep you going.
Isaiah Vianese
Jan 15, 2017 Isaiah Vianese rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A charming collection of short stories. Though the tales are simple, Miss Marple remains a likable presence and it's easy to applaud her smarts.
Cozythai
Feb 01, 2017 Cozythai rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017
I really enjoyed this book. I found it to be a lot more easier to read than Murder on the Orient Express. Really good book
AGATHA CHRISTIE 1 6 Oct 23, 2015 06:30PM
Agatha Christie L...: August 2017 - Miss Marple's Final Case and Two Other Stories 1 11 Aug 16, 2014 05:05AM
  • Agatha Christie
  • Miss Silver Deals With Death (Miss Silver, #6)
  • Plot it Yourself (Nero Wolfe, #32)
  • Death at the Bar (Roderick Alleyn, #9)
  • L'aiguille creuse (Arsène Lupin, #3)
  • Duplicate Death (Inspector Hemingway Mystery #3)
  • The Jewel That Was Ours (Inspector Morse, #9)
  • Agatha Christie: Murder in the Making: More Stories and Secrets from Her Notebooks
  • Agatha Christie: A Biography
  • The Case of the Haunted Husband

More about Agatha Christie...

Miss Marple (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • Murder at the Vicarage (Miss Marple, #1)
  • The Thirteen Problems (Miss Marple, #2)
  • The Body in the Library (Miss Marple, #3)
  • The Moving Finger (Miss Marple, #4)
  • A Murder Is Announced (Miss Marple, #5)
  • They Do It with Mirrors (Miss Marple, #6)
  • A Pocket Full of Rye (Miss Marple, #7)
  • 4:50 from Paddington (Miss Marple, #8)
  • The Mirror Crack'd from Side to Side (Miss Marple, #9)
  • A Caribbean Mystery (Miss Marple, #10)

“3. The Body in the Library (1942) The very-respectable Colonel and Mrs Bantry have awakened to discover the body of a young woman in their library. She is wearing evening dress and heavy make-up, which is now smeared across her cold cheeks. But who is she? How did she get there? And what is her connection with another dead girl, whose charred remains are later discovered in an abandoned quarry? The Bantrys turn to Miss Marple to solve the mystery. Of note: Many of the residents of St. Mary Mead, who appeared in the first full-length Miss Marple mystery twelve years earlier, The Murder at the Vicarage, return in The Body in the Library. Mrs Christie wrote Body simultaneously with the Tommy and Tuppence Beresford spy thriller N or M?, alternating between the two novels to keep herself, as she put it, ‘fresh at task.’ The Times Literary Supplement wrote of this second Marple novel: ‘It is hard not to be impressed.’ 4. The Moving Finger (1943) Lymstock is” 0 likes
“Moving Finger” 0 likes