Start by marking “The Rogue Hunter (Argeneau, #10; Rogue Hunter, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Rogue Hunter (Argeneau, #10; Rogue Hunter, #1)

The Rogue Hunter (Argeneau #10)

4.16  ·  Rating Details ·  13,623 Ratings  ·  324 Reviews
Samantha Willan is a workaholic lawyer. She's grateful for some rest and relaxation in cottage country, and after a recent breakup she wants to stay as far away from romance as possible. Then she meets her irresistible new neighbor. There's something strange and mysterious about his eyes. Is it just her imagination, or are they locked on her neck?

Garrett Mortimer is a rogu
Published October 6th 2009 by HarperCollins e-books (first published September 29th 2008)

Julie (jjmachshev)
Oct 08, 2008 Julie (jjmachshev) rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2008-reads
Do you enjoy humor with your hot vamp heroes? If so, you should give Lynsay Sands vamp series a try. Her latest in this series is "The Rogue Hunter" and stars yet another brooding, sexy vampire who finds his mate.

Samantha is a hard-charging young lawyer, burning her way up the ladder, trying to make partner at her prestigious law firm. When her sisters finally guilt her into taking their annual lake vacation, she gives in only to get sucked up into the disappearance of the spoiled daughter of on
Jun 21, 2010 DarienMoya rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Those looking for a light read with vampires.
Shelves: 2010-reads

One thing you can always expect from Lynsay Sands is a funny and easy read, with just the right amount of romance. This is the first book of the Rogue Hunter series, I expected it to be a lot darker and intense but it has the same tone as the Argeneau series, not like that is a bad thing, I wanted more Rogue vampires and I got nada.

Sam and her sisters are on vacation at the family cottage for two weeks, it’s a great way to catch up and just hang out. Sam has a bit
Nov 23, 2015 CC rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: safe-for-me, pnr, series
This would have been 4 stars if Garrett was not a shallow, self absorbed asshole! His reaction to his life mate was totally unacceptable to me. I never got over it nor believed in his love for Sam. It was just chemistry/biology overcoming the brain. While I liked the story and felt that Sam's decision at the end made the story unique, I cannot help being a little disappointed. I guess resolution will come later.

It's been a while since I read this series. I started off devouring one after another, but then became bored with the repetition.

Unfortunately this was much like the others I've read and so the constant stress about getting hold of enough blood and the lifemate telltale signs are starting to feel well used. There were plenty of light moments and it was an easy enough read but there wasn't enough conversation or banter or anything that felt like good chemistry really to convince me that this cou
Apr 16, 2010 Natasha rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
The Rogue Hunter By Lynsay Sands is the 10th novel of the Argeneau series and The first in the Rogue Hunter series. If you've read my past reviews of Lynsay Sands, you'd know I really enjoy her books. They are a light read, with both action, horror and lots of great romance. I enjoyed this one, but not as much as the others.. I found it lacking something, but I couldn't quite put my finger on what.
I guess it bothered me that there was so much talk of threats, but nothing really happened? Not th
Shannon (Giraffe Days)
The 10th book in the Argeneau series (which you don't need to read in order) takes a sidestep from the Argeneau family to centre on Mortimer, an enforcer for the Council, who's up in Cottage Country (Muskoka) with his partner Bricker, staying at Decker's cottage while they hunt for a possible rogue vampire in the area.

Decker's neighbours are three sisters enjoying a two-week vacation: Alex, a chef, Sam, a lawyer, and Jo, a uni student. When Mortimer realises that Sam is his life mate, he's disap
t'irla ~The Bookslayer~ t'irla's Talk Book Blog
Something a Bit Different!

Hot on the heels of her series featuring the Argeneaus, "New York Times"-bestselling author Sands begins a new series focusing on the Rogue Hunters--immortals associated with the Argeneaus who work for The Council and hunt vampires who have broken their laws

My Thoughts:

My first thought is that the blurb is terrible and needs to be rewritten as it does not sell the book at all. My second thought is : this is soooo cool I know all the geography in this story e
Not my favorite. I love the humor in the writing - but the story fell a little flat for me. You know how you are reading along and you think Oh! I bet this guy with the party cabin is the bad guy! but then it turns out he was just a neighbor and not really of any interest? Yeah. Like that. I feel like I spent half the book guessing that things that seemed very important WERE important - only to have them never mentioned again.

The sex scenes didn't trip my trigger in this one either. Maybe I am
QiJia 치쟈
A short cute read but it was too anticlimax

Fun to see a lawyer heroine and when she made the comment that kissing is not allowed in Malaysia , she's partially right.

Couples are not allowed to show public affections like kissing and HAND HOLDING or risked getting arrested.

Furthermore under the Penal Code oral sex is categorized under UNNATURAL SEX together with beastiality. Yep Malaysia is SUCH a fun country.

Did you know Ultraman comic in Malay language is banned because Allah means God and non-
I actually probably would have given this book 3.5 stars, if it were an option. I thought the book was an easy read, well written and entertaining but left me feeling kind of... blah. The ending was very anticlimactic and I was disappointed with how she left the main characters in the book. Suffice it to say, this was most definitly not one of my favorite Lynsay Sands books.
More like 3.5 for this one. I liked it but not one of my top favs for this series. Also a little disappointing coming off of Marguerite's book (Vampire Interrupted) which was just amazing!
Feb 10, 2016 Kinga rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
We met Mortimer and Bricker in Lucian's story and I was not prepared for his story. I mean I was kind of distracted by Lucian in his story and didn't really pay attention to the other guys.
I was a bit, or more, annoyed with Mortimer judging Sam when he first realised that he cannot read her. But you know, men will be men. ( But rabbits? Seriously? Damn.)
And I was bit more annoyed with all the controlling going around. It was very obvious and kind of dragged along. But anyway it all came to a s
Sadie Forsythe

What nonsense did I just read? I mean really, what was this supposed to be? What it was was boring and basically a failure as both a PNR and a decent mystery.

Let me start with the fact that all of the characters are paper thin—no significant history, no real emotional depth, no obvious beliefs or thoughts outside of the immediate. In fact, for most of the book the side characters just went off by themselves and left the H & h alone. So, why bother with them?

There was also almost no world-
Tina Williams
Mar 10, 2013 Tina Williams rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Enforcer and Career Girl get Mated

The Rogue Hunter by Lynsay Sands is full of romance and suspense with her trademark mayhem and humour. In it, an immortal, whilst on a mission to protect the world from rogue vampires unexpectedly finds his life mate, a human who is a committed career woman. The book is number 10 in the author’s Argeneau Vampire series.

Lynsay Sands portrays vampires as Atlanteans, who need blood to allow the nanos developed by their scientists to heal them and maintain their imm
Oct 06, 2013 Dawn rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: vampires, pnr, 2013-books
Rogue Vampire by Lynday Sands - A bit of a departure A rogue vampire has been biting one to many people. Lucian has decided to send his enforcers Mortimer and Bricker off to Canada to get to the bottom of whatever is happening. Arrangements are made for them to stay with another enforcer Decker who owns a cabin in the woods. Meanwhile in the cabin right next door is the family home of three sisters, who are in residence for their annual vacation. Jo and Alex want their sister Sam (the workaholic ...more
Samantha (Book Lover's Cozy Cafe)
As ever I just love the Argeneau Series, with it's humor, sexy men, quit witted women and some kind of disaster in each book, it makes each story a great read. Along with the ties to the previous characters. Each book has it's own story, that is basically the same ending for the most part, but each couple has their own story. Their own reasons for why they are meant to be. I always catch myself smiling or busting up out loud while I read one of these books, it never fails to amuse me.

This one Mo
The Rogue Hunter is only the second Lynsay Sands novel I've read and after enjoying the first (Love Bites) I was a little disappointed with this one.

Granted it's been a while since I've read Love Bites but Sands' writing style seems competely different in The Rogue Hunter; not as straight forward and almost completely devoid of any humour (though I fear it wasn't for lack of trying). I will pay her the scene where Mortimer reveals his secret to Sam however, that was entertaining.

Just a few probl

Garrett Mortimer is a rogue hunter. His last assignment united Lucian Argeneau with his lifemate, and Mortimer is hoping this one will be less . . . ad
Apr 02, 2013 Gina rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Garrett Mortimer (secondary character from Leigh and Lucian's book) is a member of the council and rogue vampire hunter who with colleagues is in a small town looking for a vampire biting the locals. They stay in a cabin next to one occupied by the Willan sisters, Alex, Sam, and Jo, when he realizes he can't "read" Sam making her his lifemate. Although these books have been hit or miss for me as I read through the series, this was a complete miss. Nothing worked - the plot, the "bad guy," the ro ...more
Fangs for the Fantasy
Samantha Willan is a promising young lawyer -- in need of a vacation -- especially after a break up with her longterm boyfriend. When Samantha heads up to the cottage north of Toronto, all she is expecting is some quality time with her sisters, maybe a few insect bites and a campfire or two. Samantha finds herself wondering about her elusive new neighbour. What Samantha dosen't realise is that meeting Garrett Mortimer, will change her life forever.

The Rogue Hunter is a typical Sands novel and an
Dec 07, 2008 Jenger rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
The Argeneau series is probably my favorite of the vampire romance books. Unfortunately, this most recent in the series was a disappointment. I was glad to get it finished just so I could move on to a more interesting read. There really wasn't much to the storyline and the mystery that's always woven through Lynsay Sands' books was pretty much non-existent. However, I'm still looking forward to the next installment and hoping it will be representative of the previous Argeneau books.
Tori Macallister
I'm tempted to try one of the author's historical romances to see if the couple seems as passionless as her paranormal couples. Yes, they are attracted to each other, but that attraction appears to easily take a back seat to whatever mystery is on hand. It makes the well-written love scenes less believable since two people that intensely drawn to each other should have a middle ground of attraction, with small touches and an intense interest in one another's appearance. It's a biological fact (s ...more
Jenifer Kleine
I liked the humor in this book. When Bricker said "Morty & the muppets" I about died laughing. The sexual tension betweeen Sam and Mortimer was crazy. It was annoying that they kep getting interrupted, and I found myself starting to skim the book in places. But the story was cute and had a nice ending. I'm going to give the second book a try.
Nov 11, 2010 Tilequa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A favorite of mine!!!!!!!!! i thought it was funny how mortimer was not even attracted to his life mate at first look and love that there in other books in the series like hungry for you,and the renaged hunter!!!! which are two books i love toooooooo!!
Jul 21, 2015 Jessica rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cheesy-romance
I keep finding myself reading these books, even though I know exactly what's going to happen. And maybe that's not a bad thing, a nice, predictable, happy ending story. This one stood out from the others since it seemed to have more humor in it. Not that I would ever call Lynsay Sands' other books in the series 'serious' but this one stood out with a few more laugh out lout moments for me.
I would have given it more stars had the editing been a little better. There were some plot holes and repet
Aug 18, 2016 Lourin rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: paranormal, vampire
This book was painful for me me to even try and read. I'm pretty sure I would rather have to get a shot or have my nails ripped of rather than attempt to read this book again.
Unlike the previous books in this series I felt absolutely no connection between Mortimer and Sam. I knew from the minute Mortimer mentioned that his life mate was Olive Oyl to his idea of Jessica Rabbit as his mate that this book was going downhill.
Samantha isn't even a funny clumsy type character. Sometimes I would think
This wasn't a breath-taking read. Not many things happened and those that supposedly happened weren't described in the book. Well, apart two fiasco's with leeches and a bear. They were supposed to look for a rogue vampire who bit people indiscriminately. They didn't. Or rather they did but it was an accident and it was Sam who found him. So no mystery line there. No grand gestures and boiling emotions. When he was talking about being a vampire and her being his lifemate he said that he liked her ...more
Oct 16, 2016 Jane rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Muskoka cottagers will love this story about three sisters on vacation at the family cottage. When the girls gets a look at the next door neighbour's handsome guest Mortimer, they all decide Sam needs a hot fling to get over her jerk of a former finance. Only problem is that mother nature, Sam's boss and a missing girl keep getting in the way ... and then, just when it seems everything might be going in the right direction, Mortimer drops a new bombshell. He's not mortal, and in order to be with ...more
Candice Brewer
Sep 20, 2016 Candice Brewer rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own-it
  • Forbidden Nights with a Vampire (Love at Stake, #7)
  • Crouching Vampire, Hidden Fang (Dark Ones #7)
  • I Only Have Fangs for You (Young Brothers, #3)
  • My Immortal Highlander (MacNachton Vampires, #3)
  • Over My Dead Body (Broken Heart #5)
LYNSAY SANDS is the nationally bestselling author who is known for her hysterical historicals as well as the popular Argeneau/Rogue Hunter vampire series. With her witty and charming personality, Sands describes books as, “Waking dreams or stories, tales to amuse, entertain and distract us from everyday life.” She’s been writing stories since grade school and considers herself incredibly lucky to ...more
More about Lynsay Sands...

Argeneau (1 - 10 of 25 books)
  • A Quick Bite (Argeneau #1)
  • Love Bites (Argeneau #2)
  • Single White Vampire (Argeneau #3)
  • Tall, Dark & Hungry (Argeneau #4)
  • A Bite to Remember (Argeneau #5)
  • Bite Me If You Can (Argeneau #6)
  • The Accidental Vampire (Argeneau #7)
  • Vampires are Forever (Argeneau #8)
  • Vampire, Interrupted (Argeneau #9)
  • The Immortal Hunter (Argeneau #11; Rogue Hunter #2)

“Maybe I should do this for y-" (Samantha)
"No, I'm cooking. If you want to be helpful, you can bring me my wine. I poured us both a glass." (Mortimer)
"No," he insisted, pushing her toward the door. "In you go. I'm the man. I get to barbecue while you stand around and look cute.”
“Bare," came her answer in a squeak.
"Yes, we'd both have to be bare," he said with a laugh. "Not bare naked," she gasped. "Bear bear. Furry bear. Bear!"
-Mortimer and Sam”