Start by marking “Master of the Abyss (Mountain Masters & Dark Haven, #2)” as Want to Read:
Master of the Abyss (Mountain Masters & Dark Haven, #2)

Master of the Abyss (Mountain Masters & Dark Haven #2)

4.24 of 5 stars 4.24  ·  rating details  ·  6,553 ratings  ·  323 reviews
On the mountain, the watcher seeks out evil women. And then they die.

Two years ago, when Jake Hunt uncollared his slave, she committed suicide. Guilt-ridden, he will commit to a woman for one night only, devoting his energy to a mountain lodge that caters to a BDSM crowd.

Kallie Masterson is tough. Unwanted as a child, she worked hard to become a wilderness guide. She’s pro
Published October 26th 2010 by Loose Id LLC

Lisa

ALRIGHTY, JUST GIVE ME A MINUTE....

description

WELL NOW.....ON TO THE REVIEW...

Suffice it to say, I really enjoyed book 2 in the Mountain Masters series, Master of the Abyss. Yup!

Jake is the love them and leave them type. He hasn't been in a serious relationship since his last permanent sub committed suicide when he decided to end the relationship. Kallie is a mountain guide who is more tomboy than anything else. She knows nothing about femininity and being all soft and alluring. She does know about harbou
UniquelyMoi ~ 1-Click RockChick

You know, there are some authors who just get it right every time and for me, when it comes to the erotic world of BDSM, Cherise Sinclair is one of them. Her books always strike just the right balance of hot sex and interesting storylines and I love and appreciate how her heroes always educate the usually new-to-the-scene heroines. It’s never just a case of tying her up and spanking her ass until she figures out how much she enjoys it, though now that I think about it, that does sound like it mi
Kristen (Peddler of Smut)
I absolutely love this book! Master of the Abyss is the second book in Cherise Sinclair's, Mountain Masters series andis easily myfavorite of the two books.

Master of the Abyss is an amazing, heartwarming, slightly angst ridden, and wonderfully written erotic story aboutJake Hunt and Kallie Masterson.

As I read their story, I couldn't help but fall in love with Jake's and Kallie's characters.Both have deep personal issues that has prevented them from opening themselves up to love. For Kallie, it'
Christy
I’m just gonna come right out and say it- I love the Hunt brothers! First Logan, and now his brother Jake- they are HOT!!!

Master of the Mountain was Jake and Kallie’s story:

MY JAKE
 photo d9cf5683-55b4-45c7-8755-28d575227c45_zps76cfe77f.jpg

KALLIE
 photo 03ca5942-7831-4c08-9ab2-124855b98537_zps29291d99.jpg

Jake and Kallie are both from the same town, but are very different. Kallie is an insecure tomboy who lives with her three overprotective male cousins.
Jake lives with his brother Logan, and Logan’s woman, Rebecca. Jake doesn’t do relationships, but he’s upfront about it. Most of the women in town know about his
Mirjana ***Let's Sound It Out - - - Mary-On-A***
From one Hunt brother to the other. Jake certainly DID NOT disappoint!!

description

Jake and Kallie were a fantastic pairing. I loved her "macho" attitude. She was fiesty, funny, vulnerable and very relatable. Jake was a perfect blend of slightly broody, very protective, and 100% Dominant mountain man. I'm still not sure how my kindle didn't melt while reading. We've got some great outdoor sex in this one folks! H.O.T.

The suspense/mystery aspect of the storyline was an interesting addition and added an extr
Jill
3.5stars
I don't know why this one wasn't as enjoyable to me as the first one. I loved the first one.
This one I felt like I was pushing myself to finish it.
I did enjoy it and I totally didn't guess who the bad guy was so thats good. I hate it when something is obvious from the beginning. This book was sexy, not as sexy as Logan's but still good.
Maybe I am just sleepy and not feeling it.
Still solid bdsm story, so much better than some of the stuff out there.
Stephanie*

I liked this book better than the first in this series. Jake Hunt was absolutely delicious!! I want to eat him up for breakfast, lunch, & dinner!!!

Cherise Sinclair knows how to write a very sexy read!! The blurb does not do this book justice!! It could also use a new cover, IMO. Do not overlook this great read based on those two shortcomings.

Looking forward to reading the other books in this series!!
Blackravens Reviews
Lace’s Review:

Have you ever read a book that just took your breath away? Well Master of the Abyss by Cherise Sinclair was that book for me.

Ms. Sinclair knows how to keep her readers on the edge, just waiting to see what happens next.
She kept this story moving, taking you from one incredible scene to the next.

Jake is half owner of Serenity Retreat and his character made me love him one minute and want to beat him upside the head the next. He’s a hero that I could not get enough of. He swore off t
Belinda Boring
I can’t get enough of this author with her delicious Doms and I know I’m not the only one. I was looking for a quick hot read that would not only stir up the tingly bits but also sear my heart and MASTER OF THE ABYSS was hands down the best choice. Although I yearn for trips to Club Shadowlands (honestly who wouldn’t with those sexy Masters running loose), Serenity Lodge has quickly become a place I love to visit because the owners and brothers, Jake and Logan, just sizzle with their strong and ...more
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)

Cherise Sinclair. So when I realized that I hadn’t read this book yet, I immediately thought WTF? and opened the book. Right from the get go, I remembered why I adore her writing so much. Cherise Sinclair writes emotional BDSM books. Yes, they are sexy as hell. Yes, they are original and thought-provoking. But what Cherise excels at is making readers feel the same emotions that her characters are feeling.

Kallie Masterson is a tough chick, but she has a vulnerable core that she guards
Rain ~miss kinky knickers~
What a story...

While I was reading Master of the Mountain, all those hints about Jake made me grab this book and read it right away. And, I'm sooo glad I have.

Logan is haunted by nightmares, but Jake is haunted by his own guilt, for two years already. After uncollaring his slave Mimi, she committed suicide. That's when Jake swore against commitment and long-term relationships and started using his one-night-only rule. Well... until Kallie showed up, at least. With her, one-night-only happened on
Rebekah Weatherspoon
I did not like this story. Beginning to end, I never got the impression that Kallie actually wanted to submit to Jake. Sinclair gave off the the impression that she really liked Jake and that she wanted to have sex with him so she submitted to his domly ways, reluctantly might I add, since that was the only way he would spend time with her. I wasn't it into.

Jake complains that he only wants one night D/s situations, but continues to literally stalk Kallie all over their mountain town so he can s
♆ BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme
Jan 17, 2011 ♆ BookAddict ✒ La Crimson Femme rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Enjoys dominant yet caring men
Shelves: adult, erotica
I enjoy all of Ms. Sinclair's book. As soon as I know one of her books is out, I go and buy it. She's a little naughty addict of mine. This latest book of hers is well written and the plot is a bit poignant. I liked how she demonstrated the hang ups of the two main characters. Rather than tell everyone how it is, she shows through past experiences which shaped each character. A bit disturbing to be so unloved and unwanted, only to find out the true events. I like this about Ms. Sinclair. It adds ...more
 ~V~
I just love Cherise Sinclair's books! Most of them aren't overly long, but are long enough that you're able to make a connection to her characters and feel that you got a good story. There's always a really sweet romance with enough emotional angst to satisfy, it's never over the top...and she definitely knows how to write some GREAT steamy sex scenes!! I loved her Masters of Shadowlands series, but i'm really enjoying these...they're not quite as "heavy" as some of the books in that series.
♡♥Ang ♥♡
WOW another Great read form Cherise, Love her work!!
an d this was a great book!! Love this series :)
I wonder if we will get some more of those hunky cuz of Kallie's!!

"I enjoy the way you smell too,sugar.Like vanilla ice cream"

*thud* oh Jared was a sweet talker!!!

Great Read :)
Angela James
I appreciated that the author was clearly trying to change up the storyline and some of the repetitive details of the previous books. I think Ms. Sinclair is probably one of the better BDSM authors in today's market.
Anas Attic  Book Blog
Cherise Sinclair did it again. Great story, suspense, family and romance all tied together in a HOT SEXY bow.

I wish she would write a short instruction manual for could-be Doms. I'd love to give it to my husband. ;-)
Glass
Jake is my favorite Dom...:)
Amanda Croley
I can't decide between the two brothers. Logan is gruff, and manly. Jake is funny, sexy, and a tad vulnerable. Kallie is tough as nails, and a bit of a tomboy. She has always had the hots for Jake, so when he notices the woman under the flannel shirt, and boots she swoons. She and her cousins run a touring company through the mountains (that sounds fun btw). Their company, and Serenity Lodge have teamed up to increase their business. When the guests at the lodge wanted to enjoy an outing they wo ...more
holly quigley
Pretty standard Cherise Sinclair BDSM contemporary romance. If you're new to her books, you might have to sort of suspend your disbelief of the whole insta-trust / almost-supernatural-Dom-instinct business. Sinclair writes really fast-paced erotic romances. But once you get beyond the initial surprise of the first hurdle, usually her plots and characters are nicely rounded. I'm obviously a fan, so maybe I'm biased, but I don't think so. If anything, I'm just used to her pacing.

That said, I did w
MsRomanticReads
First Logan, now Jake. I think I'll take Jake.

Jake won't take on a permanent Sub ever since his girlfriend committed suicide. When a bar brawl breaks out at the local tavern, he has to sit up and take notice of Kallie, a tomboyish woman he has never paid much attention to, until now.

Kallie can fight like a man and she dresses like one too. She doesn't date much but she has always had a secret crush on Jake. When her cousins decide to go into business with Logan and Jake, Kallie soon finds out e
Sofia Grey
After devouring Master of the Mountain, I was eager to read the sequel and find out more about Logan’s charismatic brother, Jake. His avoidance of commitment is legendary in the small town of Bear Flat and he’s dated most of the available women, using his infamous “One night only” rule. He’s never really noticed tomboy Kallie before, until she comes to his attention in a bar fight.

Kallie stood in front, one scruffy sprite, boots planted, guarding the territory. Looked rather like Toto trying to
nd  ♥ Master's lil-kitten ♥
What a read! The third in the Mountain Masters Series left me breathless! First we had Logan, now we have his oh-so-sexy brother, Jake. I was really looking forward to reading Jake's story, and Cherise Sinclair does NOT dissappoint!

Jake has a tortured past. He was a in a 24/7 M/s relationship a couple years ago, but he just wasn't cut out for the 24/7 style, so he un-collared his girlfriend who was later found dead in the woods, a victim of an apparent suicide. Which Jake assumes is because she
Charmaine Stephens
After reading Mountain Masters book one, I was curious to find out Jake's story next. Especially knowing that his previous sub/girlfriend Mimi had taken her own life. This was a good book and had some very interesting and hot moments. My only complaint was it was confusing & weird at times when it started talking about Demons & killing demons inside of women.

Turned out those parts was like the POV from the killer's head in this story. I took me a sec to catch on whose POV it was. Which
Mrs. Missive
Yet another couldn't put it down book by Cherise Sinclair. Although this book is the second (third if you count an offshoot anthology short) in the Masters of the Mountain series it could easily be a stand alone read as well, IMO.

Jake is a one night only man. (trust me, you will know this the twenty-twelveth time you hear it in the novel.) He is a smexy dom who everybody wants, but most of the town doesn't know about his kinky side. While getting into a barfight he bumps into the town tomboy...
ൠSinful
BDSM fans, this is a must read!

I know I am not alone in being a huge Cherise Sinclair fan. There were quite a number of us counting down the days until her newest release. And, oh my heavens, was it worth the wait. This book is related to Masters of the Mountain, but it stands alone with ease. It is a great choice for those new or well-versed with the BDSM genre. The BDSM is on the light, but highly erotic side.

Jake is a Dominant who gave up on relationships after he uncollared his sub and she
Sunshine
I like Hunt and the Alpha in him. The BSDM club at the lodge and in the forest was *hot*. This is the first book in the series that I read. I did not fill lost by starting the second book. I have to go back and read Master of the Mountain.

I have a feeling that because I read Master of the Abyss first, I'll know what's coming.

...we shall see
ツ Renée
Oh dayum, I love me some Jake. The whole frickin book I was panting like a bitch in heat. Strong, sexy, intelligent, passionate, protective, loyal – damn it we should bottle his ass up and sell him at Victoria’s Secret! I’m going on record right now as saying that I’m jealous of all of these heroines in these books with these hot ass men…it’s just not right. *sigh*

Kalinda was a sweetheart – tough on the outside, but all soft and gooey on the inside. I thought she was a perfect sub for Jake. Toge
★¸. • * ° *  Kathy,Ahmazing Book Faerie*°°*•.¸. ♥★
Jake and Kallies story this time. We learn about a lot of the things that were left out in MotM. And this helps us to understand the difference in the two brothers and why what happened with Jake and Mimi happened and why it affected him so badly.

I felt there wasnt as much passion or depth to either Jake or Kallie as there was with Logan and Rebecca, but then too, this was more of a romantic love story that that of a Dom finding his Sub/slave.
It was still a very good story, and cleared up a lot
Happy
3.5 Loved the first in the series, and this had better reviews than the first, so I was really excited to read this one. I love how this author has strong women as submissives. These women and situations are believable although I doubt many women are as fortunate ;) Nothing too heart wrenching or disturbing in these books. They're BDSM fluff.

For some reason I didn't like this one as much as the first. Jake's way of reading what a woman wants wasn't as hot as his brothers in the first of the ser
  • Doms of Dark Haven (Mountain Masters & Dark Haven, #1.5)
  • Afterlife (Knights of the Board Room, #4)
  • The Men with the Golden Cuffs (Masters and Mercenaries, #2)
  • Hurt Me So Good (The Connaghers #2)
  • Siren Enslaved (Texas Sirens, #3)
  • Caressa's Knees (Comfort, #2)
  • Mr. Smith's Whip (Taboo Wishes, #4)
  • Nobody's Perfect (Rescue Me Saga, #3)
  • The Reluctant Dom (Suncoast Society, #4)
Having to wear glasses in elementary school can scar a person for life. Dubbed a nerd at an early age, Cherise Sinclair has been trying to live up to the stereotype ever since. And what better way than being an author?

Known for writing deeply emotional stories, the USA Today Bestselling Author has penned sixteen erotic romance novels, most with a BDSM theme. (Please do not mention the phrase momm
More about Cherise Sinclair...

Mountain Masters & Dark Haven (7 books)
  • Master of the Mountain (Mountain Masters & Dark Haven, #1)
  • Doms of Dark Haven (Mountain Masters & Dark Haven, #1.5)
  • Doms of Dark Haven 2: Western Nights (Mountain Masters & Dark Haven, #2.5)
  • My Liege of Dark Haven (Mountain Masters & Dark Haven, #3)
  • Edge of the Enforcer (Mountain Masters & Dark Haven, #4)
  • Master of Freedom: A Mountain Masters Novella (1001 Dark Nights)
Club Shadowlands (Masters of the Shadowlands, #1) Dark Citadel (Masters of the Shadowlands, #2) Breaking Free (Masters of the Shadowlands, #3) Master of the Mountain (Mountain Masters & Dark Haven, #1) Make Me, Sir (Masters of the Shadowlands, #5)

“Bound, whether by my will or my rope, open to me in all ways.” 19 likes
“So, so sorry. Really sorry. Master. Sir. Emperor of the world. God of the universe.” 19 likes