Midnight

Midnight (Warriors: The New Prophecy #1)

4.24 of 5 stars 4.24  ·  rating details  ·  15,390 ratings  ·  545 reviews
Darkness, air, water, and sky will come together...

The wild cats of the forest have lived in peace and harmony for many moons -- but a doom that will change everything is coming. Strange messages from their warrior ancestors speak of terrifying new prophecies, danger, and a mysterious destiny.

All the signs point to young warrior Brambleclaw as the cat with the fate of the...more
Published October 13th 2009 by HarperCollins Publishers (first published May 10th 2005)

Meljean Brook
Meljean's note: This is my 9-year-old daughter's review of this book. We're kind of hard-ass parents, so we're making her write book reviews during the summer (when we let her take a break from math). She's apparently already better at reviewing than I am. :-/

1. Which book did you read?

I read Warriors: The New Prophecy: Midnight

2. Why did you choose this book?

I chose it because all the warrior books that I read in the previous series were very interesting and I wanted to keep reading the books...more
Kirsti
I felt like this book was set to be a bit of a letdown; after the ending to the first Warriors series, I really don't see how anything could compare. This definitely felt like an introduction, but still kept some of the same aspects and situations as the first series so as not to scare long time readers. There are also more 'travel' scenes, reminiscent of all the camping that goes on in 'Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows'. You know they're all headed towards something, and you can't wait to g...more
Haley
Ariel
Re-reading this reminds me why this is my least favorite of the Warriors series.

I hate Squirrelpaw. If there were at least some legitimate reason why she was a jerk the whole time then I could at least tolerate her, but there is absolutely no reason for her behavior. I'm sorry if I can't relate or sympathize with a character who yells at everyone for no reason, has no respect for anyone, constantly talks backs, and gets herself into dangerous situations after being warned and then acts like it's...more
Jack
The New Prophecy - and probably all the other series - isn't as good as the original, in my opinion. I still LOVE the books, but if I'm comparing them, the original is the best, and probably always will be. I still found this book really interesting and I really got into it in the second half. I love the balance between dialogue and description and that makes it good fr all ages. You really get to know most characters and really feel for them and know what they're feeling. I find it really easy...more
Sheryl
I have only read the first 3 books of this series due to that fact that I didn't have the money to get the rest of the books. Soon I'll be starting up again.
Like for my reveiw for the 1st book of the original Warriors series, I'm going to bundle my reveiw to those I've read into one. I love this series so far, only a tiny bit less than the orginal Warriors. If I could have given this 4.5 stars I would have.

This book still focuses on Thunderclan but now it focuses on not Firestar, but his forme...more
annik
После перерыва я-таки начала второй цикл котовоенов, и здоровски упоролась на первой же книжке xD

(view spoiler)

Я логически не могу понять идеи собрать четырех воинов...more
El
I have not finished this book but i am almost done so i firstly will give a very brief intro. There is a new prophecy and four cats have been chosen to help save all the cats from this terrible danger. So the cat you see in front of the page is called Brambleclaw. I like Brambleclaw the best because he has almost the exact same personality as me. You won't understand what i am saying unless you know a bit about Warriors. This is the first book there are three more. So my brief summary is: Brambl...more
Aoife
Feb 05, 2011 Aoife rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: ALL WARRIOR CAT FANS!! Read the first series first :)
EPIC! Yeah, it's time to follow the next generation of warriors! This is the first book of the 2nd arc, The New Prophecy, WARRIORS. Several peaceful moons (6 months) have passed since the last book - The Darkest Hour. Lot's of exciting stuff happens and we learn a lot, as new characters come into this series. It may be strange to have new main characters at first but you quickly get to love them just as much as Firestar and Graystripe. The book alternated between different viewpoints which is go...more
Dawn (& Ron)
Rating clarification 3-1/2 stars.

This is a book that my niece, Anna, said I just had to read. Now both girls have discovered these cat tales, with the youngest, Lily, reading the first Warrior book Into the Wild and they can't get enough of them. I can see why kids who like animals, and especially cats, would love these books. It allows you to get into the head of a cat (what every cat lover wants to learn), learn what their movements and gestures mean, especially those with other cats. It also...more
Natalie
I love the warriors series. But in this one absolutely NOTHING HAPPENED!
It was just like..
(sing to the tune of "Follow the Leader")
"WE'RE GOING ON A JOURNEY,A JOURNEY,A JOURNEY
WE'RE GOING ON A JOURNEY, OR ELSE OUR CLANS WILL DIE!"
and even thought they all new the clans were in trouble, the six cats on the journey were in no apparent hurry to get home.

Well ok, something did happen.
They found midnight.
thats it...:)

My favorite character in this book was Squirrelpaw. She kinda reminded me of the ann...more
At (Austin)SOF2014
Midnight by Erin Hunter is the first book in the second series of the warriors books. In this book, the new main character is Brambleclaw, the son of Tigerstar. He and 3 other cats from each Clan have been chosen by StarClan to save the Clans of the forest. With help from 2 that were not chosen, Squirrelpaw, Firestar's daughter, and Stormfur, Graystripe's son in RiverClan.

My connection to the book is to Crowpaw, the apprentice from WindClan. He always feels angry when Brambleclaw takes charge. J...more
Claire
Awesomely awesome
yojharobed
I got the 1st and 2nd books in the new prophecy series and when i finished reading them i couldn't wait for the next ones t arrive from the library! I am reading it for the fifth time right now! This book was really cool and i liked how the narration switched between Brambleclaw and Leafpaw. I own the complete first series and the first two of the second. I Love Warriors! I really like the Seekers Series as well!
Mary
Hmmmmmmmm..... New main character, and what's this???? Switching off from other cats views?? Wow. Having this been the first time reading a book where different chapters had different view points from different characters, it was a little much to comprehend. However, it was a good read, with a new plot, and later in the future revealing that the next series would come together to make the best plot eva!!!
Taylor Freeman
I loved this book the starting of a new series always excites me, I've read this book twice already, each time I well up with my own adventure pressure. It shows how well you can get along with enemies and close rivals, how you might have to trust a stranger to get you through things and so on (geez, I hope I'm not thinking of a differnt book in the series by accident)
Emily White
This book was a bedtime selection for my seven year old son that took us weeks to read, one chapter a night (give or take), minus the nights we skipped due to collective tiredness. I thought that the story might be a little scary for him – it’s really a middle school chapter book and he is in 1st grade, but he insisted because the book’s main characters are all cats, and cats are his favorite animals. These particular cats are feral (in our terms – in their terms they are living their lives the...more
Robertayvazyan
This is the first book of the second series. The book is about 3 cats who have a prophecy. The prophecy is that one day they will be the most powerfull cats to ever walk in their world. I think in the end of the second part the prophecy is going to be fulfilled. This is a fiction book because it has talking cats in groups. I still liked it.
Lauren
This was a cool book. Its just that I didn't like how the story was mostly on Leafpaw and Brambleclaw.
I was kind of disappointed when I found out that Firestar wasn't the main story.
But I still love this book and how it's exciting and adventures. I can't wait to read the next one!!
Creaturekoalapioneertiger
Nicole F. Ferrara
i liked the exiting adventure my main charachter bramblepaw went on. i couldent stop reading! it was a very exiting and mysterious book. you would probably want to read the firs seiries before this one because it might be confusing for people who have never read these seiries.
Kal/ Kalli
Cats! Who doesn't like cats? I love cats. Cats are awesome. I also loved the series that Miss Hunter has been writing about for... well, I can't even recall. I've read the first six books when I was in high school. Now there are a lot more books to read and there's so little time, weh. >: Anyways...

Everything is at peace- well, as far as it's going to be at least. Of course, some of the clans will still have their differences but, other than that, they've been doing fairly well. But something...more
Christina
A good start to the second series. I did miss the comfort of the clan areas that were the focus of the first series. However, the setup of the journey and traveling is an interesting one that I'm sure will end just as well as the first series.
Cole Murdock
Warriors:Midnight is a book about wild cats. They live in four different clans. There’s also a clan they pray to for help called skyclan. These clan cats have lived in peace for many moons, but there is a new prophecy and a new danger in the forest. Four cats chosen by starclan must find the forest a new home for each of the four clans.
I thought it was a really good book overall. It has action and adventure with twist that keep the reader guessing. This book is great for people who wonder what...more
Benjamin
This book was filled with action riddles and mysteries and dont forget adventure.If i was rating this book I would rate it 5 stars.
I couldn't stop reading it!!! I now have to read the second one, cause this one had such a cliff-hanger!!!
Sierra
so far nothing good happened. and i hate how its not in firestar's point of view anymore!
JJ
Sep 23, 2007 JJ rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: 9-12 year olds who like cats
Shelves: cat_books, fantasy
EXCELLENT, STUPENDOUS, MAGNIFICENT, MIDNIGHT
Daphne
Ahh memories. A great Re-read!
Shannon Fairclough
Jun 08, 2014 Shannon Fairclough rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone who likes cats and everyone who wants a good plot!
Does anyone else think this book would be better if it was focused on Firestar still? 34 103 Jul 08, 2014 08:27AM
Do you like this Warriors books better than the others? 16 27 Jan 03, 2014 06:27PM
Who is your favorite character? 21 33 Nov 21, 2013 01:23PM
Warrior Cats! (Meow): Midnight 1 2 Aug 23, 2013 04:37PM
Warrior Cats Fore...: Midnight [#1] 20 10 Aug 07, 2013 08:38AM
All Things Warrio...: Midnight (book 1) **spoilers** 1 5 Nov 04, 2012 12:21AM
Warriors 10 21 Aug 03, 2012 08:18AM
  • The Rescue (Guardians of Ga'Hoole, #3)
  • Varjak Paw
  • Guide Book To The Great Tree (Guardians Of Ga'hoole)
  • The Grand Escape (Cat Pack #1)
  • Fell (The Sight, #2)
Erin Hunter is the pseudonym of four people: Kate Cary, Cherith Baldry, Gillian Philip, and Tui Sutherland, as well as editor Victoria Holmes. Together, they write the Warriors series as well as the Seekers series. Erin Hunter is working on a new series now called Survivors.

Erin Hunter is inspired by a love of cats and a fascination with the ferocity of the natural world. As well as having a grea...more
More about Erin Hunter...
Into the Wild (Warriors, #1) Fire and Ice (Warriors, #2) Forest of Secrets (Warriors, #3) The Darkest Hour (Warriors, #6) Rising Storm (Warriors, #4)

9 trivia questions
4 quizzes
More quizzes & trivia...
“Yes, O Great One, I shall do as you command. Then when we come back empty-pawed, you'll admit I was right."
- Squirrelflight to Brambleclaw”
72 likes