Start by marking “F Is for Fireflies: God's Summertime Alphabet” as Want to Read:
F Is for Fireflies: God's Summertime Alphabet

F Is for Fireflies: God's Summertime Alphabet (God's Alphabet)

3.39 of 5 stars 3.39  ·  rating details  ·  18 ratings  ·  7 reviews
God made the Fireflies light up the night, A flash and a flicker His love is so bright! Explore God s warmest, wonder-filled season from A to Z. Build sandcastles, share picnics with others, and gaze at the starlit summer sky. And all the while, know that God delights in us and our summertime fun, too."
Published April 24th 2011 by Zonderkidz (first published April 5th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about F Is for Fireflies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about F Is for Fireflies

Randie
F is for Fireflies is an alphabet book where all 26 letters represent an aspect of summertime inspired by God's love.

A non-preachy way to teach and remind children that God created everything for us out of love. Bronson's illustrations add to the theme of summer with bright colors and out door scenes.
Cricket Muse
Kathy-jo Wargin adds another seasonal alphabet book with F Is For Fireflies: God's Summertime Alphabet. Similar to her first book, K Is For Kite: God's Springtime Alphabet, Wargin provides a rhymed text which explores a particular season, weaving in the exultation and praise for God’s creation. For instance, the letter "G" is for "Garden." The accompanying text reads: "God made the Gardens, and we help them grow, weeding and watering row after row."

As in the first book, the rhyming text is not
Ibjoy1953
My Review

F is for Fireflies teaches young readers the alphabet using summertime items and activities.
Some examples are: D is for Daisy; J is for Jump rope; V is for Vacation. Each letter has its own beautiful color page and a word that starts with the letter and there is a little verse that goes along with the word. And throughout the book the young reader not only learns their alphabet they learn special things about God as well.
An example is:
I is for Inchworm
We spy an Inchworm,
a friend to be t
Jamie
Didn't realize this book was a religious book when the kids picked it up, but it had a good message and the kids liked it ok.
Margaret
Jan 26, 2012 Margaret rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommended to Margaret by: Candice Frederick
Every book from Kathy-Jo Wargin is a delight to add to our shelves. I'm not crazy about F is for Fireflies, but it is fun and a great way to use elements of summertime and God's love to share the alphabet with your child. I'm really not a fan of this type of artistry, but it is different and whimsical. Each page makes one yearn for summer days to come again soon!

*Thanks to Zondervan and DJC Communications for providing an ARC for review.*

Originally posted: http://creativemadnessmama.com/blog/2
Beverly
I liked the rhyming poems, but was less pleased with the art work, which was kind of impressionistic/cartooney, using broad strokes and blobs of paint.
LoriAnn Kocialski
Very cute story and pictures!
Dennis Jacob
Dennis Jacob marked it as to-read
May 24, 2014
Nadia
Nadia added it
Aug 16, 2012
When Kathy-jo Wargin was a young girl, each night after dinner, her mother let her choose between washing the dishes or writing a poem. Before long, she decided that if she grew up to be a writer, she wouldn't have to do any dishes. She has since learned that even though she has published more than twenty award-winning books for children, she still has to wash the dishes. Kathy-jo lives in Minneso ...more
More about Kathy-Jo Wargin...

God's Alphabet (4 books)
  • K Is for Kite: God's Springtime Alphabet
  • P Is for Pumpkin: God's Harvest Alphabet
  • S Is for Snowman: God's Wintertime Alphabet
The Legend of Sleeping Bear Moose on the Loose The Legend of Mackinac Island Scare a Bear The Edmund Fitzgerald: The Song of the Bell