Start by marking “Confessions of a Beauty Addict” as Want to Read:
Confessions of a Beauty Addict

Confessions of a Beauty Addict

3.35 of 5 stars 3.35  ·  rating details  ·  157 ratings  ·  21 reviews
From Nadine Haobsh, aka Jolie in NYC ("The poster child for the blogger generation...you can't help but love her."—New York Post), comes a delectable novel that only a true beauty industry insider could have written!

Bella Hunter may be down but she's not out yet—and she's ready to take on the world of beauty...one bad makeover at a time.

Pity the poor twenty-eight-year-old
Published October 6th 2009 by HarperCollins e-books (first published January 21st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Confessions of a Beauty Addict, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Confessions of a Beauty Addict

Shannon S.
So. Many. Errors. Seriously, in order to calculate the sheer number of spelling and grammatical errors in the text I would need an advanced degree in higher mathematics. I lost count after 15 in the first chapter. The author supposedly went to some highfalutin’ school. Perhaps if she went to them with a copy of this book they could rescind her degree and she could get her money back.

There are so many problems with this book, but the main issue I had is that the main character makes the Kardashia
Ginny
Pure fluff. And they misspelled Bella's name on every page. The proper spelling is "Mary Sue."
Kourtney
This book had all of the elements that would fall in with all of my favorites - glamour, romance, and just a touch of klutz to keep the story from being cliche. Instead it fell short in so many ways. For one, I found the story hard to keep up with - one minute characters are talking in a living room, and in the next sentence Bella is at a party with none of the people she was just speaking to. Where was the segway? Second, I put the book down one day and never found the urge to pick it back up a ...more
Diana Eng
Quick and easy read. It was fun to breeze through but it felt too similar to "Shopaholic" and "Devil Wears Prada." The writing style and the heroine herself definitely reminded me too much of Rebecca Bloomwood from Shopaholic series. Different story, similar plot.
Missy Fleming
I've had this book on my bookshelf at home for over a year and the other day I finally took it down. I have no clue why I waited so long to read it because I loved it. Sure, the main character is a little full of herself, but she has to be so the reader can see her journey. I loved all the behind the scenes looks into beauty editing and magazines. I found it really interesting. There were times the romance between her and James felt forced, but in the end it won me over. I'd recommend this as a ...more
Lindsey
I was in need of a light, easy read and since the bookstore was closed, this was all I could find at the drug store. I wasn't super excited about reading it, but it turned out to be much more enjoyable than I expected.
Although the writing was somewhat amateurish with some unnecessary dialogue/description, it was still quite east to speed through and gave me exactly what I needed.
I found it most interesting that the story was based on the author's own experience with her rise, fall and re-rise i
Mary (BookHounds)
Actually a 3.5 for me. I almost quit this one after the first 25 pages but stuck through the main character's sob fest and was glad I did. Decent fiction debut with witty conversations, but could use a little paring down.
Andreina
The book was boring in every single way. I've probably read just 30% and that was it for me. I tried to give it a chance, that's why I got as far as 30% and then I told myself "Why are you torturing yourself?" Not worth it!
Emmy
Feb 10, 2009 Emmy rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: my girl friends
my lovely friend Nadine wrote this book.
If you like chick-lit this is a quick read with cute characters. It's fun to see what the beauty magazine world is like.
I highly recommend it as a beach read.
T.
I loved it! I could read this book over and over and not get tired. I like how it gives you a peek into being a beauty editor. It doesn't hurt that I loove makeup.
Chelsea Clark
Very easy-to-read chick-lit about the life of a beauty editor. Not rocket science but a good option for a Sunday afternoon on the couch or for a summer holiday.
Sandra
Okay as fas a chick lit but a little scattered and all over the place. The story could have wrapped up a bit sooner.
Jill
Not the best book ever but an easy weekend read. Comparable to the devil wears leads but not as good.
Heather
This was an awesome book. Junky but I could not stop reading it! A satisfying love story!
Lauren
A funny and honest view of the inner workings of the beauty industry.
Bunny
Aug 04, 2009 Bunny marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Bunny by: Entertainment Weekly
I don't think I'll like it. I liked the review of it, though.
Elizabeth
A little to Devil Wears Prada rip off for me - but a quick read.
Marianne
Fun light read, interesting tid bits into the beauty world.
Lu
Cute; beauty editor in NYC
Linda
Very cute little beach read
Dana
Dana added it
Dec 09, 2014
Kristine
Kristine marked it as to-read
Nov 24, 2014
Trisha Hill
Trisha Hill marked it as to-read
Nov 23, 2014
Kendra
Kendra marked it as to-read
Nov 07, 2014
Jana
Jana marked it as to-read
Oct 14, 2014
Beverly
Beverly marked it as to-read
Sep 29, 2014
  • Testing Kate
  • Beneath a Starlet Sky
  • Heaven Scent
  • The Bag Lady Papers: The Priceless Experience of Losing It All
  • The Fabulously Fashionable Life of Isabel Bookbinder (Isabel Bookbinder #2)
  • Gucci Gucci Coo
Beauty Confidential: The No Preaching, No Lies, Advice-You'll- Actually-Use Guide to Looking Your Best Beauty Confidential Beauty Confidential