Start by marking “Confessions of a Beauty Addict” as Want to Read:
Confessions of a Beauty Addict

Confessions of a Beauty Addict

3.42  ·  Rating Details  ·  194 Ratings  ·  22 Reviews
From Nadine Haobsh, aka Jolie in NYC ("The poster child for the blogger generation...you can't help but love her."—New York Post), comes a delectable novel that only a true beauty industry insider could have written!

Bella Hunter may be down but she's not out yet—and she's ready to take on the world of beauty...one bad makeover at a time.

Pity the poor twenty-eight-year-old
Published October 6th 2009 by HarperCollins e-books (first published January 21st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Confessions of a Beauty Addict, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Confessions of a Beauty Addict

Shannon S.
So. Many. Errors. Seriously, in order to calculate the sheer number of spelling and grammatical errors in the text I would need an advanced degree in higher mathematics. I lost count after 15 in the first chapter. The author supposedly went to some highfalutin’ school. Perhaps if she went to them with a copy of this book they could rescind her degree and she could get her money back.

There are so many problems with this book, but the main issue I had is that the main character makes the Kardashia
Kourtney
Dec 29, 2012 Kourtney rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This book had all of the elements that would fall in with all of my favorites - glamour, romance, and just a touch of klutz to keep the story from being cliche. Instead it fell short in so many ways. For one, I found the story hard to keep up with - one minute characters are talking in a living room, and in the next sentence Bella is at a party with none of the people she was just speaking to. Where was the segway? Second, I put the book down one day and never found the urge to pick it back up a ...more
Diana Eng
Jul 04, 2014 Diana Eng rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014
Quick and easy read. It was fun to breeze through but it felt too similar to "Shopaholic" and "Devil Wears Prada." The writing style and the heroine herself definitely reminded me too much of Rebecca Bloomwood from Shopaholic series. Different story, similar plot.
Missy Fleming
Aug 08, 2013 Missy Fleming rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I've had this book on my bookshelf at home for over a year and the other day I finally took it down. I have no clue why I waited so long to read it because I loved it. Sure, the main character is a little full of herself, but she has to be so the reader can see her journey. I loved all the behind the scenes looks into beauty editing and magazines. I found it really interesting. There were times the romance between her and James felt forced, but in the end it won me over. I'd recommend this as a ...more
Lindsey
Feb 23, 2009 Lindsey rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2009
I was in need of a light, easy read and since the bookstore was closed, this was all I could find at the drug store. I wasn't super excited about reading it, but it turned out to be much more enjoyable than I expected.
Although the writing was somewhat amateurish with some unnecessary dialogue/description, it was still quite east to speed through and gave me exactly what I needed.
I found it most interesting that the story was based on the author's own experience with her rise, fall and re-rise i
Amy
Sep 14, 2015 Amy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I had this on my TBR for a very long time. I read it ultimately now to fill a box on Beach Blanket Bingo for an author born the same year as me. I am glad I did finally read it. It was light-hearted and fun, while at the same time drew me into a world I've never been a part of. It isn't quite 4 starts, but can't do 3.5 so I decided to round up.
Mary (BookHounds)
Actually a 3.5 for me. I almost quit this one after the first 25 pages but stuck through the main character's sob fest and was glad I did. Decent fiction debut with witty conversations, but could use a little paring down.
Andreina
Jun 18, 2012 Andreina rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: gave-up-on
The book was boring in every single way. I've probably read just 30% and that was it for me. I tried to give it a chance, that's why I got as far as 30% and then I told myself "Why are you torturing yourself?" Not worth it!
Emmy
Feb 10, 2009 Emmy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: my girl friends
my lovely friend Nadine wrote this book.
If you like chick-lit this is a quick read with cute characters. It's fun to see what the beauty magazine world is like.
I highly recommend it as a beach read.
T.
Oct 19, 2010 T. rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
I loved it! I could read this book over and over and not get tired. I like how it gives you a peek into being a beauty editor. It doesn't hurt that I loove makeup.
Chelsea Clark
Very easy-to-read chick-lit about the life of a beauty editor. Not rocket science but a good option for a Sunday afternoon on the couch or for a summer holiday.
Sandra
Oct 04, 2009 Sandra rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Okay as fas a chick lit but a little scattered and all over the place. The story could have wrapped up a bit sooner.
Jill
May 13, 2012 Jill rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not the best book ever but an easy weekend read. Comparable to the devil wears leads but not as good.
Heather Chang
Mar 24, 2009 Heather Chang rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was an awesome book. Junky but I could not stop reading it! A satisfying love story!
Lauren
Jan 09, 2011 Lauren rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A funny and honest view of the inner workings of the beauty industry.
Bunny
Aug 04, 2009 Bunny marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Bunny by: Entertainment Weekly
I don't think I'll like it. I liked the review of it, though.
Elizabeth
A little to Devil Wears Prada rip off for me - but a quick read.
Marianne
Jun 25, 2009 Marianne rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fun light read, interesting tid bits into the beauty world.
Karen Reynolds
Jan 28, 2016 Karen Reynolds rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves:
couldn't get into it!
Lu
Cute; beauty editor in NYC
Linda
May 27, 2013 Linda rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very cute little beach read
Lia
Jan 29, 2011 Lia rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction, romance, adult
Enjoyable.
Nikita
Nikita rated it it was amazing
Jul 19, 2016
AMS
AMS rated it it was amazing
Jul 17, 2016
Amy
Amy rated it it was ok
Jul 17, 2016
Sheelie Kittee
Sheelie Kittee marked it as to-read
Jul 16, 2016
Taylor
Taylor rated it liked it
Jul 13, 2016
Sara
Sara marked it as to-read
Jul 10, 2016
Ruth Lehrer
Ruth Lehrer marked it as to-read
Jul 09, 2016
Amy Estenich
Amy Estenich marked it as to-read
Jun 30, 2016
  • Ruby's Diary: Reflections on All I've Lost and Gained
  • The Out of Office Girl
  • Beneath a Starlet Sky
  • Accidental It Girl
  • The Fabulously Fashionable Life of Isabel Bookbinder (Isabel Bookbinder #2)
  • Nancy's Theory of Style
  • Faking It
  • Heaven Scent
  • The Botox Diaries
  • Loving David
  • Jack with a Twist: Engaging Your Adversary and Other Things They Don't Teach You in Law School (Brooke Miller, #2)
  • Questions to Ask Before Marrying
  • Cold Feet
Nadine Jolie Courtney is the author of BEAUTY CONFIDENTIAL and CONFESSIONS OF A BEAUTY ADDICT (published under her maiden name Nadine Haobsh). Her first YA novel ROMANCING THE THRONE will be published in summer 2017.

Dubbed "the poster child for the blogger generation" by the New York Post, Nadine created one of the first beauty blogs in 2005, and was formerly a beauty editor at Lucky and Ladies' H
More about Nadine Jolie Courtney...