Start by marking “Christmas Letters from Hell: All the News We Hate from the People We Love” as Want to Read:
Christmas Letters from Hell: All the News We Hate from the People We Love

Christmas Letters from Hell: All the News We Hate from the People We Love

2.17 of 5 stars 2.17  ·  rating details  ·  23 ratings  ·  8 reviews

Who doesn't love to open the mailbox during the holidays and find a newsletter? Whether it's a juicy missive from a college roommate inadvertently revealing her husband's wandering eye, a self-congratulatory account of a cousin's rise to power at the local fast-food joint, or a mind-numbingly detailed account of a year's medical ailments (including photos) from a coworker,
Published November 6th 2007 by Touchstone (first published 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Christmas Letters from Hell, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Christmas Letters from Hell

VegasGal
A book truly from hell. Note: this is NOT meant as a compliment. I mistakenly thought that these letters were going to be real and hellish, but alas, they're just the wordy, not funny blabbings made up by the author on stupid subjects like "Filling and loathing on Elm St", "Holiday Skinheads at Starbucks," and "Yuletide yearnings from Christopher Walken." Yuck!
I thought this was going to be horrible xmas letters that people had actually written to each other, ala awkward family photo style. Instead they were letters that were supposed to be funny from famous people or certain characters (your grandmother, a burner, Osama). I chuckled slightly once, in the 6 I attempted to read.
Crazy Uncle Ryan
I really tried. I read for longer than I probably should have waiting for the book to get funny. Then I read the "They Might Be Amish" joke and I decided I had just had enough. This book was a waste of time.
Danielle Aquino
Read this a few years ago and when I didn't find it funny, I just thought perhaps I was too young to understand its humor. But then I read reviews from other people and well, turns out it's really not funny at all.
Courtney
Quite possibly the worst book I've ever read. Thought it would be real, humorous Christmas letters (like Awkward Family Photos). Nope, just a very lame attempt at humor.
Faz
I was expecting this to be a compilation odd of letters from real people collected over the years. Instead it is a collection of fictional letters to Santa.
Amber
It's a very fast read! Some what funny, but It would have been funnier if they were really letters. Not letter from Santa, Global warming etc.
Jason Bullett
A good roundhouse kick to the annoying round robins we get every year around Xmas-time, whether we want them in our mailbox or not.
Natalie
Natalie marked it as to-read
Nov 21, 2013
Madseacow
Madseacow marked it as to-read
May 04, 2013
Terri
Terri added it
Dec 04, 2012
Amy
Amy marked it as to-read
May 20, 2012
Stephanie
Stephanie marked it as to-read
Jan 17, 2012
Peachy
Peachy marked it as to-read
Mar 06, 2012
Breakfast with Sharks: A Screenwriter's Guide to Getting the Meeting, Nailing the Pitch, Signing the Deal, and Navigating the Murky Waters of Hollywood Orbit: Stephen King Prey: Origin of the Species Brimstone The Machine Stops #1